It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 100,000 Americans May Have Swine Flu: CDC

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Actually it seems to be about 0.09% chance of death if my rough math skills are correct at 1 percent it would have to be a death toll of 47 or so I believe.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a man sneezed near me 3 days ago.

am i going to die? and what should i do ?

should i kill the dog and freeze him, incase ?

S

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

Star 4 U!

Deny Ignorance!!!

Just hope it's not catchy...try these threads...really...

The new flu, an analytical approach
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Read through it and get back to us...really...

[edit on 5/16/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Careful now...

Yer "endangering" yer "Novice" status...
... really ...

The estimation of 100,000 cases is 2 orders of magnitude lower than the confirmed cases and may be two more orders of magnitude below the real number, The latest CDC numbers show 2X the number of swine H1N1 over seasonal H1N1 and H3N2 combined. Swine H1N1 is easily outpacing seasonal flu and the only slowdown is in the actual testing, not the spread.
1 hour ago · FluTracker · H1N1 FluTracker

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I kind of think we should all die, what good are we to this planet or universe for that matter. We are flawed beyond repair so bring it on and let's do existence a favor.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

But you have so much to live for!!!

Think...Bronze...Gold...Super-Uber Tinfoil !!!

Come on...buck up!!!

Pleeze???

I Don't want to Die!!!!

Really!!!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

HX-

I posted this on another thread a day or two ago after reading it on BBC (of all places..). I'm so glad you strated a thread about it. My only question is this: why are only 1/3 of the pop. exposed? Certainly isolated tribal groups, etc., are not going to be exposed as quickly, but this is flu- I would esitmate nearly all of us have been exposed-

When the numbers catch up to our suppositions we'll see how they match, but I gamble, and I'd put 50 bucks on 80-90% exposure by now.

Thoughts?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Some countries are claiming to have the vaccine already- who wants to be the first lab rat for a live shot of death?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hey y'all---

I posted this a few days ago:

posted on 12-5-2009 @ 07:21 AM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

WOW- This just published on BBC RSS feed:

news.bbc.co.uk...

1 in 3 people worldwide could be "hit" by "swine flu". From the article, and from the journal "Science":

"A third of the world's population could be infected with swine flu, expert projections suggest.

Researchers say swine flu has "full pandemic potential", spreading readily between people and is likely to go global in the next six to nine months.

Although one in three who come in contact will likely become infected, the Imperial College London team declined to estimate the death toll.

The study based on Mexico's experience is published in the journal Science.

This virus really does have full pandemic potential

Professor Ferguson
The number of laboratory-confirmed swine flu cases has reached 5,251 in some 30 countries around the world, with 61 having died from the disease, the World Health Organization has confirmed.

Working in collaboration with the WHO and public health agencies in Mexico, the researchers assessed the Mexico epidemic using data to the end of April and taking into account factors like international spread and viral genetic diversity.

Lead researcher Professor Neil Ferguson said it was too early to say whether the virus will cause deaths on a massive scale, or prove little more lethal than normal seasonal flu.

His "fast and dirty" analysis of Mexico's swine flu outbreak suggests that the H1N1 virus is about as dangerous as the virus behind a 1957 pandemic that killed 2 million people worldwide.

But it's not nearly as lethal as the bug that caused the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic, which caused an estimated 50 million deaths in 1918.

Its full impact on the UK is not likely to be known until the annual flu season in the autumn and winter, when a "really major epidemic" can be expected in the northern hemisphere, says Professor Ferguson.

FROM THE TODAY PROGRAMME

More from Today programme
Prof Ferguson, who sits on the World Health Organisation's emergency committee for the outbreak, told the BBC Radio 4 Today programme: "This virus really does have full pandemic potential. It is likely to spread around the world in the next six to nine months and when it does so it will affect about one-third of the world's population.

"To put that into context, normal seasonal flu every year probably affects around 10% of the world's population every year, so we are heading for a flu season which is perhaps three times worse than usual - not allowing for whether this virus is more severe than normal seasonal flu viruses."

His study suggests swine flu could kill four in every 1,000 infected people.

Professor Ferguson said his findings confirmed that decisions must be taken swiftly on vaccine production.

"We really need to be prepared, particularly for the autumn. At the moment, the virus is not spreading fast in the northern hemisphere, because we are outside the normal flu season, but come the autumn it is likely to cause a really major epidemic.

"One of the key decisions which has to be made this week by the world community is how much do we switch over current vaccine production for seasonal flu to make a vaccine against this particular virus? I think those decisions need to be made quickly."

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Just an update from over here where I am: there is already a confirmed case in ChengDu - a city with anywhere between 12 - 16,000,000 people - all living in high density housing!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

Over 100,000 Americans May Have Swine Flu: CDC
news.yahoo.com...

FRIDAY, May 15 (HealthDay News) -- While the official tally of confirmed U.S. swine flu cases topped 4,700 on Friday, experts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now estimate the true number of infections at more than 100,000 nationwide.

[edit on 5/15/2009 by Hx3_1963]

Opinions?? What about correct information? The figures differ a lot. In the Dutch news I just read that the WHO says there are 8500 confirmed cases of swine flu worldwide. That is still not much. And in most cases it's mild.

It seems that there is a lot of guessing going around in this case. Also the guess about the socalled "potential" as in the post above this one. This flu does not seem to behave very predictable in the first place. First it kills 20 people "on the spot" like thje character that shook hands with Obama. Then it reduces to a mild version of flu in most cases.
Flues are unstable, they change a lot.
If it starts to kill otherwise stronge humans, then it is time to worry. Not now.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Pjotr]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
D%$m it......see what happens.......I have to be on the road for half the day, CDC makes a huge announcement and Hx3 starts a thread.......

What is really startling is who are all these ATS posters

Its like they just heard of the swine flu......

I read through about six or seven post and I could not go any further..

Many of the posters here are on day one..........WE ARE IN WEEK THREE GOING ON FOUR

READ THE OTHER SWINE THREADS AND EDUCATE YOURSELF...

Hx3.....thanks for the info as always......

Edit Note: But at least they may be awakened now.......

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Benjamin Fulford had a interesting things to say on this flu. He pointed out that over time, dangerous viruses seem to get less dangerous as they spread throughout the population because people who are infected with the deadly strains are so sick that they have limited opportunity to spread that strain to others, whereas the strains that have mutated to a less dangerous version are spread farther and faster because their hosts live longer and relatively speaking are more mobile ie. not bedridden. One thing I've learned recently is that flu vaccines are of limited benefit and there are some experts in the field (not a lot though)who are saying that vaccines actually compromise our immune systems and make us more likely to die from the disease. And this doesn't even take into consideration things in the vaccine that have long term consequences like mercury, aluminum and who knows what else.

In terms of fighting off this disease, the following supplements and actions seem to boost immune systems. 1) get at least 15 minutes of direct sunlight each day. the UV rays kills virus in the blood near the surface of the skin and therefore the body has less virus to fight off. 2) selenium in combination with Omega-3 supplements and vitamin E and B12 help as well as does zinc supplements. If you can't get outside, then take vitamin D which our bodies make when exposed to sunlight and the lack of which makes us more suseptable to infection. Vitamin C in large doses also helps.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Found this excellent site: www.policestateplanning.com...

World population control, "the new flu", all the dead scientists (mainly microbiologists)????

Somethings up and are most of you aware of how all these seemingly "coencidence happenings" are all possibly inter-realated and equal a BIG CONSPIRCY?

How the elite are going to protect themselves from the bug? If it's in the "special" vaccine, they obviously won't be taking it. If it's an aerosol influenza, then there are myriad ways to strengthen the immune system sufficiently to resist any infectious disease. Interestingly, however, the Sunday Times recently reported that Britain's elite have been selected as priority cases to receive anti-viral drugs if the country is hit by a deadly bird flu outbreak. Workers at the BBC and prominent politicians - such as cabinet ministers - would be offered protection from the virus. Although the National Health Service has ordered 14.6m doses of Tamiflu, an antiviral drug thought to be effective against the H5N1 strain, only 900,000 doses are in stock so far. The full supply will not be delivered until March 2007. If there is a bird flu pandemic in the coming months there would be enough drugs to protect less than 2% of the British population for a week. This assumes that these drugs actually work.

Whilst this does not constitute "medical advice", here are some survival tips which should see you safely through the pandemic.

As a rule of thumb, if the Government recommends it, be it a vaccine or a pill labeled cyanide, don't take it. Vaccines are ineffective in preventing infectious disease and there are much safer and better alternatives. Even if it is not a "special" vaccine, it will more likely than not contain a substantial quantity of thimerosal. Thimerosal is carcinogenic, has brain damaged millions of children, causes depression and suicide, and is responsible for degenerative brain diseases such as Alzheimer's.

Stop consuming caffeine and sugar. Both of these substances markedly suppress immune function,

Oil of Oregano kills viruses, bacteria and fungi. In my own experience the Oregacyn capsules nuke an infection in a matter of days or hours, depending upon the dosage. On The Power Hour radio show of 7th July 2005, Dr. Cass Ingram of North American Herb & Spice Co. disclosed that the Dept. of Defense made enquiries with Georgetown University about the germicidal properties of his oil of oregano products that it had tested. Subsequently, Dick Cheney called him up to place an order for 50,000 gallons. Thankfully, Dr. Ingram turned him down, otherwise there wouldn't be any left for the public. See www.oreganol.com for more information on the products.

Selenium Viruses mutate in selenium-deficient animals and become virulent. Selenium prevents the mutations that increase tissue damage during infection. [J American College Nutrition 20: 384–88S, 2001; FASEB Journal 15: 1846-48, 2001; Journal Nutrition 133: 1463–67S, 2003]. Brazil nuts are a very good source of selenium.

Zinc is believed to promote a strong immune system by, among other things, revitalizing the thymus gland and its production of white blood cells. In addition, autoimmune diseases (chronic ailments linked to the improper functioning of the immune system, such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, or fibromyalgia) may also benefit from zinc supplementation. Interestingly, the presence of too little zinc has been linked to a decreased immune response in older people.

Vitamin C not only maintains a healthy immune system, it can halt an infection in its tracks if administered in mega doses. See health journalist Bill Sardi's archive on vitamin C and the history of scientific coverup over its uses.

Vitamin A Research has shown that vitamin A boosts the immune system by stimulating white blood cell function and increasing the activity of antibodies. Vitamin A deficiency may be associated with increased risk of infection and infections tend to deplete the body's stores of vitamin A.

Vitamin E A study funded by the Agricultural Research Facility Service found that high doses of vitamin E, when administered daily, can help fight off colds contracted by the elderly.

Putting the U.S. under martial law might be the primary objective of the man-made pandemic. It could be used for this purpose in any country. However, any engineered event can be used to advance multiple agendas simultaneously. If global population reduction is not the primary objective, this made to order pandemic may still kill large numbers

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I live in hawaii and as of today we have 21 confirmed cases of swine flu tho I dont delieve anyone has died from it yet. This is a very high number coming from a state with a population of just over 1.2 million people cramed together like a can of sardines! We've actually had a lot more cases involving tourist but I found out that if a tourist contracts swine flu while in Hawaii they count that case towards the state or country at which the tourist came from.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
A follow-up on the WHO Flu Vaccine question...

It seems the matter of monetary compensation has arisen... :cry:

It's always about da Money...

WHO flu talks end without deal
1 hour 27 minutes ago
www.abc.net.au...
(per JBA2848)

WHO official warns: world will squabble for swine-flu vaccine
monstersandcritics.com

A/H1N1 death toll rises to 68 in Mexico
news.xinhuanet.com...
www.google.com...

Here's some nice Intel on the WHO criteria for classifying this crisis...much more technical background is in the article...

Pandemic Information News
Date: Wed 13 May 2009
pandemicinformationnews.blogspot.com...

~
WHO declines to assign severity scale
-------------------------------------
The World Health Organization (WHO) said today that it is unable to assign
a severity scale to the influenza A (H1N1) epidemic for the reason that
disease characteristics and responses of countries vary. Dr Sylvie Briand,
with the WHO Global Influenza Programme, spoke today [13 May 2009] at a
media briefing in Geneva. According to Dr Briand, the WHO pandemic alert
level phases are mainly based on the transmission of the virus and its
geographical spread, while "the severity itself is assessed by other
means." Currently, the pandemic alert level has remained at level 5 out of
6, indicating community-based outbreaks in a single WHO region.

The severity of a potential pandemic is based on 3 factors: "the
[characteristics of the] virus, the vulnerability of the population, and
the intervention we can put in place to reduce the impact of severe
disease,"
Dr Briand said. Assessing severity is important for helping
countries determine their response to an outbreak, but at a global level, a
severity index is "not very helpful" because "severity will vary from place
to place," she said. Dr Briand pointed out that while wealthier countries
may have the resources to mount a more effective response to an outbreak,
some developing parts of the world such as West Africa are already used to
coping with epidemics and may be at an advantage due to having healthcare
systems in place. This is referred to as the "resilience" of a country, she
said.
Much more at Link...

Notice the bold in the article...*I Believe* this is what is holding up the Level 6...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
As a person who caught & survived the Hong Kong Flu I am taking this new Novel strain very seriously.

Plus many laboratory people working with this virus have reported that it displays many of the markers found in the 1918 Spanish Flu strain, which leads the professionals to believe that we will continue to see this Novel strain AND IT'S MUTATIONS again and again for a couple of years.

And the most angering aspect of this flu is just what you pointed out... that it has markers found in the 1918 Spanish Flu (which killed both my mother's parents). And the reason it has those markers is because insane bastards in some innocuous dept of the US gov't dug up corpses of people who had been killed by the 1918 flu "to see if we could revive it". What logical reason could they possibly have to "see if we could revive it?". There's only one answer to that question. Murder on a scale heretofore never unleashed upon the citizens of this planet.

Well they revived it alright... and then combined it with other viruses and unleashed it upon the world. Why? Because they're greedy, murderous bastards. Bastards like Dirty Don Rumsfeld who is one of the larger (if not the largest) shareholder in Gilead Sciences, makers of Tamiflu (the vaccine that does absolutely nothing to protect humans from this flu). How could Tamiflu be the magic potion... it was sitting on the shelf 2 years ago! All Tamiflu is, is a concoction of live and dead viruses from who knows what, that they inject into the sheep who would never have crossed paths with those pathogens otherwise. How insane is that? It represents nothing less than the darkest, most diabolical minds that ever lived on this planet, doing the devil's work of mass murder. Nothing less.

This virus may indeed be dangerous. What's pissin' me off to no end though is the mindless and endless overplay by the media spin doctors. They're playing to the agenda of the NWO and I'm sick of hearing about it. What I want to hear about is when is Dr. James S. Robertson, Britain's top bioengineer of viruses going to answer for putting this deadly concoction together? When is he going to hang for this?

Don't be angry at me because I'm angry at the media. Side with me and demand that heads roll for this.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

Good Luck with getting ANYBODY who's been involved in ANY of this to pay for their "Crimes"...

From the .GOV/Wall St Bankers/WHO/IMF/World Bank/ect ect ...

They're all in bed together and "think" they have all the power, can put whatever "spin" need be, out there, whenever they need it, to suit "their" agenda...nice huh?

peterosbornuk: Of the 173 people sick enough to be hospitalized with swine flu h1n1, over half are in the 5-to-24 age group #swineflu #h1n1 2 minutes ago from web

peterosbornuk: Average age of confirmed and probable cases of swine flu h1n1 is 15 years. Two-thirds younger than 18. #swineflu #h1n1 4 minutes ago from web

[edit on 5/17/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Here's a Re-Post from the other day with the full? text of the article?

From FluTracker Comment Section

Influenza A/H1N1 virus has become more aggressive

"MEXICO CITY, May 15.

Influenza A/H1N1 virus mutated. As the radio «Mayak", said Director of the National Center for disease control in Mexico. According to officials, the changed virus can lead to new outbreaks of influenza, and more aggressive than the current one.

Similar cases have been registered in the United States and Canada. Now scientists have conducted a series of bioispytany. They will get a complete gene sequence of the virus and thereby confirm or refute these assumptions are dangerous.

Earlier, the Minister of Health of Mexico stated that the mutation of influenza virus is much more serious the AIDS virus..."

Use Google Translator to read in english...

www.rosbalt.ru...

Pure stupidity:

Mom swap: Pig suckles baby tigers at zoo
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Tigers and Pigs Swap Roles at Sri Racha Tiger Zoo
www.thaizer.com...

Why is it stupid:

Probable tiger-to-tiger transmission of avian influenza H5N1.

"During the second outbreak of avian influenza H5N1 in Thailand, probable horizontal transmission among tigers was demonstrated in the tiger zoo. Sequencing and phylogenetic analysis of those viruses showed no differences from the first isolate obtained in January 2004. This finding has implications for influenza virus epidemiology and pathogenicity in mammals."

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

(PDF) www.cdc.gov.tw...

www.recombinomics.com...

www.recombinomics.com...

I mean, good grief! Are they just begging for it or what?

CDC swine flu report is ‘gross underestimate’
Published: May 16, 2009
Updated 7 hours ago
www.swineflunews.org...

The Center for Disease Control’s official report of 4,714 cases of confirmed or probable swine flu could be underestimating the impact of the disease by around 45,000 cases, according to the deputy director of the CDC’s influenza division.

In a press conference yesterday, Dr. Daniel Jernigan took note of the difficulty in estimating how many Americans are infected with either seasonal or novel influenza(like swine flu) at any given time. “With the amount of activity we are seeing now, it is a little hard to know what that means in terms of making an estimate of the total number of people with flu out in the community.” However, when asked how many actual cases of influenza might currently exist nationwide, Jernigan acknowledged that the CDC numbers represented a gross underestimate. He told journalists, “if I had to make an estimate, I would say…probably upwards of maybe 100,000.”

Although up to 30 million Americans come down with seasonal influenza annually (7-10 percent), more than two dozen states are reporting unusually high levels of flu-like illness at a time of year when the respiratory disease usually disappears, health officials reported yesterday.

According to the CDC’s weekly H1N1 flu update, “about half of all influenza viruses being detected are novel H1N1 viruses.” The rise in both types of influenza implies that swine flu has a significant role in the spread of seasonal flu, as well. If Jernigan’s estimate of 100,000 cases of influenza is accurate, there could be more than 50,000 cases of swine flu in the U.S. “We would be expecting to see the season to be slowing down or almost completely stopped. We know the outbreak is not localized but is spreading and appears to be expanding throughout the United States. This is an ongoing public health threat,” Jernigan declared.
More at Link...

[edit on 5/17/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I never mentioned this before, but my wife works for the CDC.

They sent out a memo via email on how they are not to refer to this particular strain of flu as "swine flu". They are told they should be setting the example for the rest of the world. They are only to refer to it as "novel influenza A (or H1N1)" or something like that.

It's funny to us because it doesn't seem to matter.
It's simply swine flu now.

- Lee

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join