It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 100,000 Americans May Have Swine Flu: CDC

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Do you personally want another shot, my friend? I don't. Screw that, based upon the genetics right now I see it as a pig/bird/human flu, and when that research comes back as negative I will review it again. We both know that another couple of shots that we don't fully understand the implications are not to be "fully trusted," no?

Body for Life saves us from these ailments though, no?
*knocks on wood*

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well, folks, not to try to focus the thread on me or anything, but i have had terrible terrible headaches now which i'm trying to keep under control for the past 4 days. Stuffy nose along with it. I went to a birthday party yesterday and i suddenly felt like crying and felt very very weak.

I'm not saying i have this flu, but who knows?????

I dont have a fever or anything else so i will wait before i go beating down the Cape Cod Hospital doors.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Ask anyone in Philadelphia if they remember the mass graves in 1918-19 into which thousands were shovelled, Black Death style, due to flu. You can find photos on Google. It's a sobering reminder of where this could go.

"Bring out your dead" was not just a Python joke- there were really carters in every major city who would collect the dead daily. 50-100M dead people are quite a few to "get rid of".
As they say- ignore history and we're doomed to repeat it, eh?

Time to encourage ALL to take this seriously (if you don't already, which seems like a minority of posters here)

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Just read about the Egyptian bird flu deaths. Looks like about a 70-85% mortality rate. Ebola is 90% A little remixing and we loose half the planet if we're lucky.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Well said, Clouds- thank you for telling it like it is. I'm new to the site because I want to contribute to knowledge, help us all source the truth. Thanks to you , Hx- Sofi- all of youwho have been here, fighting to get the truth out. I have tried to do the same for years and years, and it gives me joy to participate in discussions with you all- who possess the intellect, curiosity and unwillingness to be lied to.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Tonight- New York Times-

School admin in NY passed away. Japan outbreak is causing WHO to consider Level 6. The Japanese use 60% of the world's Tamiflu already. How many resistant strains are there, do you think? Add a little Asian flu and holy s&^@- a "perfect storm". Time to get ready, HX...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Current scientific estimates of CFR (death rate) of swine flu h1n1 is that it's around 0.6%, x3 the pandemics of '57 & '68 #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

Worth remembering swine flu h1n1 surfaced about 4 weeks ago, whereas 1918 pandemic took 9months to go round the globe #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

New York Reports Its First Swine Flu Death
www.nytimes.com...

An assistant principal at a New York City public school died of complications from swine flu in an intensive care unit of a Queens hospital on Sunday night, the first death in New York State of the flu strain that has swept across much of the world since it was first identified in April.

Hours before the death of the assistant principal, Mitchell Wiener, city officials announced that five more Queens schools had closed.

On Friday, Dr. Daniel Jernigan, head of flu epidemiology for the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said there had been 173 hospitalizations and 5 deaths reported to the agency. But he emphasized that most cases in the United States — possibly “upwards of 100,000” — were mild.

In Japan, the number of swine flu cases soared over the weekend, and authorities closed more than 1,000 schools and kindergartens .

Mr. Wiener’s death, which came five days after he entered the hospital and three days after his school, Intermediate School 238 in Hollis, Queens, was shut down by health officials, raised the level of concern among the public, especially parents, but health officials played down the significance of the death to public policy.
More at Link...

This is exactly what their family feared...a very sad development.

All due to NYC's stubborn policy's...and for what...to not "rock the boat"...inconvenience people with their own children?

I think THIS death will wake up a few more...not to belittle the other deaths...officially reported as NAU Flu or not...mostly not I'd guess...

Swine flu link probed in Ark. man's death
www.fox16.com...

Japan closes 2,000 schools as swine flu spreads
11 mins ago
news.yahoo.com...

KOBE, Japan (AFP) – Japan has confirmed 129 swine flu cases and shuttered more than 2,000 schools and kindergartens in a bid to slow the spread of the virus that may already have infected hundreds.

[edit on 5/18/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

NYC Dept. of Health Press Release
Monday, May 18, 2009
pandemicinformationnews.blogspot.com...

~
...In addition to suspending some schools with unusual clusters of illness, the Health Department advises any New Yorker who has flu symptoms and also has an underlying health condition such as asthma, pregnancy, emphysema or other lung disease or diabetes; a compromised immune system or cancer; to seek medical treatment. In addition, if an individual with such a medical condition has household or other close contact with someone with influenza, they should see their doctor to determine whether preventive medicine is needed. For students, staff, and household members of affected students and staff at schools which have been closed, those who have an underlying medical condition as stated above should also see their doctors to discuss the need for preventive medicine.
More at Link...

The worst may not be over
Monday, May 18, 2009
pandemicinformationnews.blogspot.com...

[edit on 5/18/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I think the WHO will still hold off on calling a Level 6 - to protect the economy and food supplies...

Any word yet?

- sofi

How Could an Event in 1997 Cause a Pandemic in 2009? What Happened?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

pig/bird/human flu

They can say that all they want, but the pigs and the birds would be outraged. No animal has been found with the disease.

As far as I am concerned, it originated with Mexicans. Mexicans getting a little to familiar with a pig perhaps, but nonetheless it's Mexican flu to me. And shots be damned, I have had the flu once in my life.

It's the Worlds natural order that those who die, die. Why do we continually try to work against Nature?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
No animal has been found with the disease.

As far as I am concerned, it originated with Mexicans. Mexicans getting a little to familiar with a pig perhaps, but nonetheless it's Mexican flu to me.

Erm. No. Zoonotic diseases are quite common, and becoming rampant.

Check out the peer-reviewed scientific references here:

H1N1 Flu. A Tale of Evolution, Economics, Power Politics and International Law.

It's the Worlds natural order that those who die, die. Why do we continually try to work against Nature?

Our entire economic system and modern industries work against nature - and changed it. Weird new diseases are just one result.

Nice try though.

-sofi

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Glaxo to get initial vaccine production "rights"- and freely admit they must use an adjuvant to boost immunity (adjuvants are notorious for causing or contributing to autoimmune diseases, Guillan Barre, etc.), and Glaxo has admitted that they are making the vaccine based on viral seed stock that they have NOW, with the concern that by autumn, if the virus mutates, which it should do, it may be only partially effective, if at all.

Others (Sanofi, Novartis, etc.), are also in "the running" and each company stands to make billions- for a vaccine that may not work, and that is filled with adjuvants that could cause worse illness.

Even Baxter, with it's history of error, is "in contention" for vaccine production.
74.125.95.132...:I70AC7QF9gQJ:www.reuters.com/article/GCA-SwineFlu/idUSTRE54E29320090515+glaxo+to+make+h1n1+vaccine&cd=9&hl=en&ct=c lnk&gl=us

this link may be more accessible:
www.reuters.com...

and from the LA Times:
www.latimes.com...

[edit on 19-5-2009 by CultureD]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Flyers-
Is it me or is this looking even more like 1918?

A 16-month old toddler rushed to the ER in Queens this morning- died within hours of H1N1- remember the stories of 1918 when people would "go to bed and wake up dead"?

Seems to be ramping up quickly and Japan is nearly begging WHO for a Level 6. In addition, vaccine manufacturers are balking, despite billions in possible revenue, as they are not sure how the virus will mutate!
www.silive.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join