It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 100,000 Americans May Have Swine Flu: CDC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
In pig farming swine flu was easily controled in the fashion like that of standard human flu. A few years back around 2000 I believe it went through a change. The changes had allways been easy to follow by its braching then it reached a chaos point where it changed to fast and in to many ways to predict. Vaccines were no longer working because they were changing to fast. So they started making the vaccines for pigs quicker and more targeted for single herds. Vets now make there own vaccines for swine flu as it happens. They have a short few weeks to delivery process now for pig vaccines.
If this strain takes the same path as the pig version of swine flu, and gos into chaos changes of constant mutations our own FDA and regulations for the saftey of products would prevent them from ever coming out with a vaccine for this human form of swine flu. To me that is the scariest thought of the new chaos mutation points in this flu if it has reached that point.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

...A few years back around 2000 I believe it went through a change. The changes had allways been easy to follow by its braching then it reached a chaos point where it changed to fast and in to many ways to predict.

GREAT info. I didn't have this.

I DO know that the first swine-human-bird assortment of swine flu appeared in 1997-98.

Interestingly, so did the new breed(s) of antibiotic resistant bacteria. A Montreal doctor I used to quote a lot said "Something happened" (in 1997?) - and the bugs started eating the antibiotics like super-foods, and thriving on them.

Anyway - 1997 looks like the big year for viruses and microbes across the board - and whatever happened fueled lots of scientific chatter about "accelerated evolutionary processes."

Good phrase that, "accelerated evolutionary processes." Has a nice ring, dontcha think?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by niteboy82
If you believe the government always has your best interest in mind, ...

Ohhhh .... you said it so well!

Okay .. questions for ya'll ...

Swine Flu symptoms are ..... fever with sore throat and then heavy chest congestion and body aches, right?

What exactly are the symptoms of 'mild swine flu?

Or are those symptoms the mild ones and the 'severe'cases are those in the hospital??

I've read accounts ranging from "I felt like it was just a regular cold" (U of D student) ... to people thinking they were absolutely going to die and the pain and feeling of drowning were beyond discription.

So what would 'mild' be?

Actually, you are correct. The swine flu of 1918 did start out in the spring as a rather mild form and then reached a second, more serious peak in the fall.

But flu season each and every year has a peak in late spring and another peak in November or so. Every year there are literally millions of cases of flu worldwide both in spring and in the fall. I know how flu seasons work as well as you do. My contention though, is that all the hype that the media is being told to feed us is for some other purpose. It's not that this flu is any more dangerous than previous flus necessarily. Having said that, since it was probably concocted in the lab of one James S. Robertson, Britain's top bioengineer of viruses... I suspect we're being set up for something nasty. Call it mass murder on heretofore unheard of proportions.

Rather than getting hot under the collar (which is what your first post did to me) I'm just going to continue to monitor the situation from where I sit and be ready. At the same time, I'm going to completely ignore the mainstream minions and all their hype. The hype is designed for fear mongering, so that the populace will swallow the koolaid when the next peak in the flu season occurs. The vaccine is what's going to kill people, just as it killed my grandparents.

I respect any opinion you might wish to hold. But I don't react well to being talked down to, so don't do it again, ok.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks
I don't react well to being talked down to, so don't do it again, ok.

You did it first. Don't dish it out unless you can take it as well.

As for the flu vaccinations.... I agree.... You might want to read this.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

Are you in Alberta Canada where the swine flu infected the pig farm by any chance. You don't have to answer just curious I seen where all of there people in charge of medical offices there are changing and was wondering what was going on with that it seems odd.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Hey Omega another good find, S&F

We all knew they've been fudgin the numbers, just waitin to see how long it would be before they started tryin to cover their backsides

I'm sure the numbers that they "estimated" today are fudged as well. Especially since they stopped testing awhile ago.

We pretty much know what they're doin if a patient goes to the doctor with mild symptoms they prescribe antibiotics and antihistimines to prevent the secondary infections and try to reduce the cyekotene storms and send them on their merry way saying it's just something goin around, with many of the patients being none the wiser

And now they're startin to hit on the aspect of man made versus nature made and flip flop on that, gotta keep em guessin

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

If only 5 out of 100,000 have died that sounds pretty harmless. The CDC is just another corrupt federal organization and frankly what they report, including the death count, is merely a small step above rumor status.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Ok...harmless noted...

Maybe you also need to "immerse" yourself a little more in this "subject"...

TPTB are in their "Control Mode"...granted, but, can even "THEY" control this "Beast Unleashed"???

Think long and hard about it...AFTER researching it a little more...

It's all I ask...Knowledge is Power...
... truthquest??? Hmmm...

A(H1N1) virus expected to mutate and drug resistant
www.nationmultimedia.com...

[edit on 5/16/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Deadly second wave
The second wave of the 1918 pandemic was much deadlier than the first. During the first wave, which began in early March, the epidemic resembled typical flu epidemics. Those at the most risk were the sick and elderly, and younger, healthier people recovered easily. But in August, when the second wave began in France, Sierra Leone and the United States,[39] the virus had mutated to a much more deadly form. This has been attributed to the circumstances of the first World War.[40] In civilian life evolutionary pressures favor a mild strain: those who get really sick stay home, but those mildly ill continue with their lives, go to work and go shopping, preferentially spreading the mild strain. In the trenches the evolutionary pressures were reversed: soldiers with a mild strain remained where they were, while the severely ill were sent on crowded trains to crowded field hospitals, spreading the deadlier virus. So the second wave began and flu quickly spread around the world again.[41] It was the same flu, in that those who recovered from first-wave infections were immune, but it was far more deadly, and the most vulnerable people were those like the soldiers in the trenches—young, otherwise healthy, adults.[42] Consequently, during modern pandemics, health officials pay attention when the virus reaches places with social upheaval, looking for deadlier strains of the virus.[41]

Know your history people! This is NO JOKE!

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
You see it's the antigenic shift (or mutation) that may be occurring RIGHT NOW with this new Novel strain that will make it a deadly monster.

I find it so amazing that so many will "blow off" the potential severity of this flu virus, but will take AIDS seriously - and you don't catch AIDS from someone coughing or sneezing near you.

Funny you should say that about AIDS, guess what ?

Swine Flu could recombine with AIDS

Also if you want a more serious death toll this thing already
has the weaker bird flu DNA, what if the H5N1 variant becomes
one of the mutations ?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
My condolences go out to the faimlies of the 5 deaths. But people thats only five. 100 million people have died from the aids virus worldwide.
TPTB have played out there terrorists card one to many times so that doesn't work. Now they come up with the new flu. Its lame. Lightning kills more people in a month than this killer flu has.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

You make very good points!

It seems Egypt is the middle of a Bird Flu outbreak...

I see mention of Foot-n-Mouth out there...

Q-Fever as well as a "mystery disease" in India regions? ... speaking of...

India confirms first case of swine flu
news.yahoo.com...
www.usatoday.com...

Let alone AID's...Malaria...yellow fever... (too many to name)

Just a "few strands" of RNA/DNA... ~poof~ ...not good...really...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
That article says 100,000 worldwide, not in America.

Regardless, people are recovering just fine with no treatment in their own homes.

As said before its Nationwide.news.yahoo.com...

FRIDAY, May 15 (HealthDay News) -- While the official tally of confirmed U.S. swine flu cases topped 4,700 on Friday, experts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now estimate the true number of infections at more than 100,000 nationwide.

It's a little hard to make an estimate of the number of people who have the H1N1 flu, Jernigan said, "but if we had to make an estimate, I would say that the amount of activity we are seeing with our influenza-like illness network is probably upwards of 100,000."

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Star 4 U!

Speaking of Swine & Flu???

This is fer you!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pay attention!
Ain't it scary the "things" I pull outta my...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I live in the UK, where I have just gotten over the flu with clathromycin at 500mg. It has left me wheezy, but I am over the flu. I live in the UK, and there has been reports of swine flu over here, but not to the extent you are speaking.

When I last spoke to my parents over there; they hadn't heard any more about the outbreak. Apparently, either it is being down played, or was a whimper.

My parents were of the opinion that it was blown out of proportion, as I said, where they live (Arkansas) there has been no further news reports of the outbreak.

I can't say one way, or the other what is happening with the swine flu, or whatever it is. I am just wondering if there is a media blackout in the states in relation to the outbreak over there, and if they are downplaying it.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rachel07

I understand yer "dilemma"...

*ATS* *ATS* *ATS*

~~~

Take a "look" at some of the NAU Flu Threads I frequent in my profile...

Not good
... Knowledge is Power!

"Educate" your Parents..."post haste"...

Wishing You and Yours the Best...Hx3

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07
I live in the UK, where I have just gotten over the flu with clathromycin at 500mg. It has left me wheezy, but I am over the flu. I live in the UK, and there has been reports of swine flu over here, but not to the extent you are speaking.

When I last spoke to my parents over there; they hadn't heard any more about the outbreak. Apparently, either it is being down played, or was a whimper.

My parents were of the opinion that it was blown out of proportion, as I said, where they live (Arkansas) there has been no further news reports of the outbreak.

I can't say one way, or the other what is happening with the swine flu, or whatever it is. I am just wondering if there is a media blackout in the states in relation to the outbreak over there, and if they are downplaying it

I have just been on FLU TRACKER, it is disconcerting about the numbers of those infected. However, there have only been a handful of deaths at present. This is telling me that this is the beginning, and the virus can mutate to the level that there are wide numbers of deaths.

I will send my dad the link to the Flu Tracker, Obviously, they are downplaying it in the media, where my parents live.

[edit on 16/5/09 by rachel07]

[edit on 16/5/09 by rachel07]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Yeah well all have it within 6 weeks...read a article on it somewhere.....but at a 1.04% mortality death rate...an declining....nothing to worry about....the regular flu is more deadly.

urbansurvival.com... they have updates on it all the time.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GOTZEUS

Perhaps you'd "enlighten" us ...

"Survival Skills" are in our "per-view" with this "Train in a Dark Tunnel" Facing us???

REALLY...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join