It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 100,000 Americans May Have Swine Flu: CDC

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Yeah it's all good...

I call it the NAU Flu now...

Now...if she happens to get any good juicy inside stuff, you'll be sure to share it with us...right?

[edit on 5/17/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Out of 100,000 infections, when just 6 have died, you REJOICE. That is a 0.006% mortality rate.

0.006%!!!!

You are not going to die. Stop worrying.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Your denial is noted...

Hopefully you are correct and we have nothing to worry about!

I'd really love for you to come back and rub this in my face...say 6 months from now?

Looking forward to your future reply

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

You are mistaken. I know I have nothing to worry about, because I have a little thing called "facts" on my side. Out of 100,000 estimated infections in the United States, 6 dead is virtually nothing. I bet more people have died this year from the regular flu.

If this thing were some killer super virus from hell, we wouldn't see just 6 dead, we'd see 33,000 dead, or 66,000 dead. BUT 6 DEAD!?!? That's a 0.006% mortality rate. Give me a break!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by soficrow

If im not wrong its the year of the pig in China does that change your card readings at all.

What's really worrying is that next year is the year of the Cock!

Imagine what virus we are gonna get then?!?!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Stars 4 U!

Just fer tellin' it like ya see it...

Ok you 2...I get it

It's all good and lets hope your "facts" don't change, as opposed to, "time" will tell...

Time marches on for all men, and ultimately writes the story on the pages of life...

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 31
www.who.int...

17 May 2009 -- As of 06:00 GMT, 17 May 2009, 39 countries have officially reported 8480 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection.

Mexico has reported 2895 laboratory confirmed human cases of infection, including 66 deaths. The United States has reported 4714 laboratory confirmed human cases, including four deaths. Canada has reported 496 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death. Costa Rica has reported nine laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Argentina (1), Australia (1), Austria (1), Belgium (4), Brazil (8), China (5), Colombia (11), Cuba (3), Denmark (1), Ecuador (1), El Salvador (4), Finland (2), France (14), Germany (14), Guatemala (3), India (1), Ireland (1), Israel (7), Italy (9), Japan (7), Malaysia (2), Netherlands (3), New Zealand (9), Norway (2), Panama (54), Peru (1), Poland (1), Portugal (1), Republic of Korea (3), Spain (103), Sweden (3), Switzerland (1), Thailand (2), Turkey (1), and the United Kingdom (82).

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Holy Ska-Moly...sounds like the school closures and rising infection rates are being verified...

# 570 schools in Japan have suspended classes because of swine flu h1n1 #swineflu #h1n13 minutes ago from web

# 110 students in Osaka have showed symptoms like swine flu h1n1 for several days #swineflu #h1h14 minutes ago from web

# Total cases of swine flu h1n1 in Japan are 32 with 28 infected in the country. This may become the trigger for WHO level 6 #swineflu #h1h15 minutes ago from web

New flu cases climb among Japan high school students
Sun May 17, 2009 9:06am EDT
www.reuters.com...

BTW: I don't know who out there listens to Police Scanners...but...the Emergency County Coordination Channel in my County has had a lot of Data Chirping on it as of late...just another thing to look for?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
I don't know who out there listens to Police Scanners...

as I said elsewhere .. I wanted to get one for my husband for fathers day, but when I went into the store I found that the cheapest ones were $350. We don't have that kind of money.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Radio Shack carry's a basic trunking freq type for $120??

I'd try there first
if ya have one around...

Japan confirms 93 swine flu cases
news.yahoo.com...

KOBE, Japan (AFP) – Japan's number of confirmed swine flu cases soared to 93 at the weekend, officials said late Sunday, amid fears hundreds more are already infected in the country's crowded cities.

Most of the infections were reported among high school and college students in and around the western cities of Kobe and Osaka, where authorities ordered more than 1,000 schools and kindergartens to stay shut on Monday.

The island nation until Friday thought it had kept the virus at bay, after detecting four people who tested positive when they flew in from North America and immediately quarantining them along with about 50 fellow passengers.

But since the government Saturday confirmed the first domestic case, a 17-year-old male Kobe student who had not been overseas, the number of confirmed infections has risen quickly in the two urban areas.

Late Sunday officials in Hyogo prefecture, which includes Kobe, told AFP 53 cases had been confirmed, while Osaka prefecture reported 36, raising the national toll to 93, including the four overseas infections.
More at Link...

Swine flu spread in North America may extend into summer, experts say
57 minutes ago
www.google.com...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

And remember- companies are BIDDING on who "gets" to make a vaccine, due to the immense economic potential.
I've read that people are questioning if there are enough EGGS on the planet in odre to make the qanitites they expect to need by autumn. Bring in more corporate factory farms to pump out homone-laced AVIAN eggs, brew up a vaccine that may be administer without proper testing, due to the EUA by CDC and WHO, mkae hundreds of billions of dollars, and make the world vastly more ill. It's truly sickening.

There's also the possibility of global vaccination via chemtrail sprayig, but talking about that actually casuses a feeling close to panic, despite my training...
I believe the companies have said they need at least six months to manufacture a vaccine. When it's ready, $100 says WHO will go Level 6.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Try American Science and Surplus. They're in the Midwest, but have a website and I'm sure you could get a scanner there for less than 100...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CultureD

Bring in more corporate factory farms to pump out homone-laced AVIAN eggs, brew up a vaccine that may be administer without proper testing, due to the EUA by CDC and WHO, mkae hundreds of billions of dollars, and make the world vastly more ill. It's truly sickening.

Yes, this is what the media hype is all about IMO. "Sell the stockpiles of Tamiflu and when that's all gone, Sell that toxic injection instead".

'Show me the money'

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

AR Officials Investigate Possible Swine Flu Death
posted 05/17/09 1:53 pm
www.katv.com...

Little Rock - The Pulaski County Coroner’s office tells Channel 7 news they are investigating the death of a man as a possible swine flu fatality. Officials say they have not confirmed the exact cause of the man’s death, yet, but they are taking the necessary steps to determine if it is indeed a result of the H1N1 virus.

State health officials reported Friday there are at least six cases of swine flu here in Arkansas. That includes four National Guard airmen visiting from Nevada and New Jersey, a school-aged girl in Lawrence County, and a case in Saline County.

Anne Wright is the communications director for the Arkansas Department of Health. She says that, at this point, they are not confirming the cause of death. But if it is determined to be swine flu, the department will launch an investigation into how the man could have contracted the virus and if he he could have passed the disease onto others.

Wright says even if it is confirmed as a swine flu death, there is no reason for Arkansans to panic and that it could be an isolated incident.
More at Link...

World at crossroads in swine flu crisis, conference told
29 minutes ago
www.google.com...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

It is great that you are so gun ho on nothing happening with this flu......I am not sure why you are waisting time here if nothing is going to happen........How do you know only 6 have died.....you said the facts are on your side??? Do you always believe what the Gov is telling you? Please post your sources for facts and info.........More than 6 people have died in fact "WAY MORE".......I have already documented two weeks ago that people were dying in the hosptials.......but the deaths were being listed as due to a secondary infections.......and the CDC/Gov ordered these deaths to be marked this way.........

I am sure everyone here would love to see your facts.....so please post

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Well the more I thought about it the more I got pissed off.......Many members here on ATS have been working very hard gathering news from around the globe tracking what this virus is actually doing since its outbreak.......And I will also say no one has worked harder than the OP here, Hx3.....

If you want to post an opinion ....you have every right to do so........but back it with facts.........Everything we have learned can be backed by sources or news articles..........

Spouting off on a post makes you a joke at this point..........

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I have not posted in any of the swine flu threads but feel the need to do so now.

I appreciate all the posters that have so diligently posted and warned us about the flu.

There has been a slight sense of fear mongering in all the flu threads.

In my opinion Kaytagg might be right. This very well could be a hyped up situation.

I hope Kaytagg is right. For some reason I get the feeling that some posters would like to have their statements vindicated and would like to see a serious pandemic and many deaths.

Question???? When there is a thread and nine tenths of it's posters all feel the same way are opposing posts allowed?

Save your keyboard. I already know the answer . Of course opposing posts are allowed and welcome as this is a discussion board.

At ATS we all have a right to our opinion. Please remember this and do not get angry when someone doesn't agree with you.

I do understand how you, "get into" the thread and the excitement feels good. But this subject we are discussing is not one to be used for personal gratification, point and star gathering or to make a poster feel like he/she has an inside link no one else has.

Kaytagg I'm going to go with your assertion that this flu bug isn't the big bad wolf that some would have us to believe.

The outcome of this viral infectionis notknown and is anybodies call at this time. We are all guessing.

I want very much to believe it isn't the killer the 1918 flu was.

Please mind your manner as we are all in this together.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Sofi and HX- you're right- there is no better bioreactor than a human host.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

PCGeek-

I've been shouting this from the roftops, so to speak, for weeks and weeks and have been met with outright hostility from FRIENDS who think I'm nuts, despite my being the only member of my peer group who is trained in infectious disease....People won't hear the truth because it's too frightening. There's a difference between a person and people, is there not? A person will listen. People will show hysteria or blind ignorance and denial. Don't let anyone tell you that YOU are wrong. Be grateful you are educated and preparing yourself. The masses will take their vaccines and become more ill. The rest of us who eat orgo food, use tried and tru supplements for our health and refuse to expose others if ill are the ones who will make it through a pandemic intact (and with a little luck

Anyway- you're not alone in being disregarded. That's why I'm here- amongst like- minded questioners.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
What? We are still talking about Mexican Flu? (No pig has been found infected so why call it pig flu, it apparently started with Mexicans)

Have not even seen anything on Mexican Flu on the news....

Well anyways, when 36,001 people die of Mexican Flu, I will come back here a little worried. Until then, just another Flu.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I think 100,000 is as high as "they" are willing to rport. It's big enough to drive the economy by people stocking up on food, meds, etc., but not too big to cause panic. I agree with you and many others that 100K is a GROSS undervaluation of the real state of affairs both in the US and elsewhere.

We've seen this explode in the last week- up to even today in Japan- and yet it's nowhere in the news. Can you imagine where it will be by July? (going back to the analysis on another thread- we're seeing exponential growth and spread..)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join