It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another 1,225,980 guns bought by law abiding Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
wow more crazy people are now armed crazy people.

It kinda scares me even though i don't even live in america - oh well maybe the ensuing chaos will teach more nations to ban guns and the world can just watch america on television, NEW AND BETTER THAN A HOLLYWOOD BLOCKBUSTER- more guns, more gore.......it's DOWNTOWN LA!!

Next up on MurderTeleVision red necks vs tactical police - a larger arsenal than soviet russia, a smaller genepool than the tzarist first family... who will win this weeks round of desperate conquest - the winner will proclaim his new republic and rule all week until the next round begins.

-----oh and incase anyone was wondering, the guns are being smuggled to mexico to be used in the little war they're having (it's much harder to get guns in mexico now they're banned, shame SOMEONE has an open border they can poor across -HA and you explect them to actually help you with your drugs prohibition policy lol,

LOL, what a joke! Banning guns in Mexico? The only folks with any power there are the cartels, the gov. couldn't ban twinkies. And, as for the red neck remark, what a predictable statement from some nanny state, douche bag. I suppose we could look at the statistics, but that wouldn't suite your purpose would it? Remember that almost all high crime areas have total gun bans. Look at NYC, they've had a gun ban for years, or maybe Washington DC, or, hows about almost every heavy metro area. We could look at the British crime rates, since they banned most firearms. Sure, gun crimes went down(Usually), but violent crimes went, drastically, up, across the board. Hell, have you seen the thread about their new "Stab Proof" knife? Next you'll see "Bludgeon Proof" table legs, and "Hurl Proof" rocks.

Gun bans are a joke.

[edit on 6/17/2009 by Jon1117]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
This is good, very good.

They say that during WWII, Japan refused to do a land invasion of the US 'cause somethin' like 80-90% of housholds were armed.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
7.62 ammo is gone here, only thing left on some shelves is shotgun ammo and that's in short supply.

I feel glad that I bought about 20,000 rounds of .22 ammo this winter, I cant afford to go to the range with anything else. It's eery to go into my local gun shop and see it almost empty of everything but fancy shotguns and bare ammo shelves.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Thats just over the top isn't it. The military industrial complex must be happy, lol.

How many of those gun owners would actually use those things in real life situations, like katrina. We saw in katrina people will do nothing to the ptb, and the government can just take there weapons.

If you guys have brought all those things,a nd have no real world expectation of ever using them, why did you buy all those guns?

The problem the gun owners made was opening their doors to the police in the first place.
Without a search warrant they could only force their way in. When they try the latter option this is classed as home invasion.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by theneoilluminati
This is good, very good.

They say that during WWII, Japan refused to do a land invasion of the US 'cause somethin' like 80-90% of housholds were armed.

Yep, a rifle behind every blade of grass my colonial friend

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I do wonder how many of these are new gun owners? Old die hards like myself have held firearms for more years than I like to count. Ever wonder what our fearless leaders think when they see gun sales sky rocket? I guess people are really planning on doing a lot of sport shooting.
Surely they don't feel they need guns for self protection,against a world going mad.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
wow more crazy people are now armed crazy people.

It kinda scares me even though i don't even live in america - oh well maybe the ensuing chaos will teach more nations to ban guns and the world can just watch america on television, NEW AND BETTER THAN A HOLLYWOOD BLOCKBUSTER- more guns, more gore.......it's DOWNTOWN LA!!

Next up on MurderTeleVision red necks vs tactical police - a larger arsenal than soviet russia, a smaller genepool than the tzarist first family... who will win this weeks round of desperate conquest - the winner will proclaim his new republic and rule all week until the next round begins.

-----oh and incase anyone was wondering, the guns are being smuggled to mexico to be used in the little war they're having (it's much harder to get guns in mexico now they're banned, shame SOMEONE has an open border they can poor across -HA and you explect them to actually help you with your drugs prohibition policy lol,

This is the reason we buy our weapons.

People like this are in power and forget WHY we need them in the first place.

Hey friend, go sit on the beach somewhere with your pot smoking friends and listen to nirvana. How dare you insinuate that those of use "rural" folk are some sort of troglodyte breed! Friend, you prove youth is wasted on the young. Emphasis on "wasted".

Folks like me will defend your young hide....why I'm not sure. Maybe with age, you may amount to something.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Hey going to purchase some legal firearms today

Bump for everyone who is exercising their second amendment rights, POWER TO THE PEOPLE

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Not surprising news at all, considering the current situation of the country. I am in full support of arming the people, just at the US forefathers were. My immediate family does not own a gun. The only gun I have ever touched or shot is a bb gun of my grandpa's to shoot at targets. But I am in full support of people arming themselves for self-defense, exactly why the right to bear arms was put in!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Just so you know for the past 5 years I have put on a uniform for you well not just you in fact i ment you people but not "you people"
and I used to smoke err tobacco like products ok so does that make me less of a person??? And as soon as my reenlistment is up I intend to fall back on old habits and attend college and than contribute nothing as I feel I have given enough already. And I own guns to :O Oh my god what is this world coming to when a young guy such as my self who used to get wasted and still would if it was allowed for me to do so, to own a gun and use it if necessary.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by SPC_D]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

Thank You! (for serving.)

His comment is obviously directed at the majority of pot heads and druggies.

The extreme center of counter culture still resides within the 60's realm of Haight and Ashbury intersection. Been there. Nice area. But most recently gone COMPLETELY to pot from what I've seen on the news.

I like Nirvana and wasn't offended in the least.

He's referring to Communist, Hippy, Pinko Freaks.

You must unlearn what you have learned.

[edit on 7·7·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I did my part to contribute to the statistic. I happened to buy a mosin-nagant at a pawn shop in April. I've recently sold it to someone with an even bigger interest in guns than me; he's got some cool stuff like body armor and more practical stuff than a bolt-action, however fun it may be to shoot. Count on two more citizens being armed and ready for whatever the road ahead brings (put me down as pessimistic).

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
America is a country that really scares me, and its statistics like these that are the reason.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Im glad to hear the United States frightens you, that's our goal you know. If you're scared of us you won't bother us

[edit on 02/04/2009 by Cool Breeze]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

While your post made me laugh real hard and real loud, I think
you might want to do a little research.

What is in store for the entire planet

After you try to wrap your head around that get back to me
and we can talk about why americans don't trust the pirates
pulling the puppets strings in DC.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I see you've bought into the induced hysteria like all too many others have...

I own, at last count, and I don't think they're breeding; five firearms. Nothing too extreme, mind you... Yet, oddly enough, you've absolutely nothing to fear from me, or most other Americans who own firearms...

Fear America? Sure, for many reasons, yet this, legal ownership of firearms, isn't one of them...

When will people realize that I, and others like me, are not the danger here? My firearms are stored safely, and trust me, I know how to use them in the correct prescribed manner... Oh,wait, that's why...I know how to use them in the correct prescribed manner. Can't have that. An American citizen who can care for his own with no recourse needed to the Nannystate wannabe govt. How dare I.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
reply to post by RuledBySecrecy

Ok, so america has more gun related deaths than the U.K. True. Thats because we have more guns. Well we have more knives than you do... So why do more british die from knife related attacks than americans? I just cant figure it out. America has more knives in our county but yet the british people kill each other with knives more in one year than americans do in 3. Hmmmm. I thought that less guns meant less crime? I thought if a mad man didnt have a gun he would just "cool off"? Maybe you coulf enlighten us as to why this is.

Crimey ! The violence capital of Europe is the home of the Limey !

UK violence capital of the EU

Glad they don't have guns, then they'd either kill each other or
get a healthy fear of death.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I'm in the wrong business. I should be manufacturing quality ammunition in the popular calibers for bulk purchase.

We should have went in as partners.. We could be wealthy by now...

I'm trying to buy at least one per month lately... Looking for some less commons weapons.. Just bought a British 303, one I consider to be a beautiful rifle..

I can honestly say that the more guns in the hands of law abiding individuals, the safer I feel...

Semper

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
America is a country that really scares me, and its statistics like these that are the reason.

Well we have ppl on national TV predicting civil war.

I happen to think they are right.

It also appears a lot of new gun owners think they are right too.

If you had symbols of Fascism in your senate you might be worried,
we got them buddy, been there for years.

If you realized that your central bank was privately owned and
what all that entails, you'd be concerned too.

If you realized that all of us were born into a new form of debt slavery,
you'd be concerned too.

I do not know how the Americans will fair as I think UN troops and
chinese troops will be brought in to kill all the rioting Americans,
and thus my plans to bugout.

Good Luck to the brave, I am not one of them, but I will defend myself.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation

For those who want to live in a country where guns are illegal, there's a perfectly good Mexico just south of the border. Or, if you prefer to stay in America and enjoy living where guns are heavily restricted, you can try your luck in Detroit. :-)

Hey there ant anything wrong with detroit. When tptb come for us we will be heavily armed to fight here(and canada is right outside owr backdoor if need be) weather the guns ar legal or not. A lot of people are pissed here and I think most will fight for the cause. Cause in the ghetto is where the local community is the strongest. I'm not saying I'm from the ghetto but I do have friends there and see it with a 1st hand account

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join