It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if that encounter happened?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Alright so all throughout life, especially the last few years, I've spent hours upon hours stargazing loving the stars but always hoping to see a ufo and have that awesome story that outdoes everyone elses will be the next ufo hunters two hour special,or however you want to build it up, thats the story I always wanted.

Anyways I got to thinking what would I actually do if i had that encounter which leads me to giving this scenario and asking what would everyone do in the event it happened.

So your outside watching the stars with a friend or two, or by yourself, however you want it when all of a sudden you see a ufo flying low and towards you. You and your friends trip out but then realize its coming right up to you. The ufo lands and a door opens and sure enough an et lifeform steps out of the ship.

Now my question is what do you in this scenario.
I've questioned myself over and over figuring out do I run or do I stay and try to make contact or stay completely speechless and unable to move or process what's going on. Sometimes I think I would run after realizing it's about to land because lets be honest going off all the alien movies we've ever seen for the most part aliens are hostile and I don't want to stick around to see what they are going to do because I might not be able to tell that story. Other times I think I'd stay and try to make contact because if it were cool I'd have something over every human on this planet which is an et for a friend.

I honestly don't know what I would do in the event these are all just thoughts and you don't know what you would do when it comes to real life?
What do you all think you would do?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Personally i am not the type of person that confronts things head on, so i do not think i would be like travis walton and goto the ship, if that story is based on something real.

Who knows, but the thing your best doing is staying calm, and not let your imagination run wild.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I was just thinking about this last night, while stargazing. It would depend upon the context of the encounter.

For example, I was sitting, looking up, wishing I could make contact with benevolent entities, and I had a thought.... here I am sitting in the dark, and what if I saw in front of me, a light-colored form slip quickly between the trees? I don't think I'd care for that, so I glean from that that an encounter that suggests stealth or anything other than a direct approach incites a bit of fear to me. I don't want to be abducted.

Now, the situation you talk about in the OP..... I see a craft, it lowers and lands, a door opens and an entity stands/rests/slithers/floats/subliminates there..... much better. I don't think I'd rush forward. Perhaps some form of communication would be in order. I'd have to assume an intelligence much greater than my own. Perhaps flashing a fibonocci sequence, or prime numbers might at least indicate to the visitors that my intentions are not threatening.

The reality of the situation? I can't begin to guess how I'd react. It's entirely possible that the very presence of the others might incite a very visceral, cellular-memory reaction. I would hope for my own personal clarity of thinking.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
If that is the case then I would think that they have come for me and there is no point in running as they could get me if they want whether I run or not; I would try to stay calm, static as I dunno what would the creature think if I lift one of my hand to wish them; chances they might think "I am trying to fight them?"

I would just stay calm and wait for it to make the first move; If anything goes wrong i will definitely try to defend myself as possible as I can for sure. I will never try to offend them when I see them coming out of the ship; who knows they might have come with some good news

Wish I get a chance to face them like that

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Seeing as I'm planning on the nights of new and full moons over the next few months to go stargazing, I'd am also hoping for a 'contact'.
Either a UFO or a face to face EBE encounter would be nice, but should I be lucky enough top have a FTF contact then I hope I would rmain calm enough to ascertain the information neing bombarded onto my subconscious to at least stand there , not in fear but in wonder and awe.

I hope that should an EBE feel the moment is right to 'speak' to me then I would at least try to approximate what a 'civilised' , intelligent being should behave like.

Not running and screaming calling for the authorities to come and save me like the MSM would have us believe.

I would hope that I conduct myself in an adult and itellectual way, enough to ponder the bigger picture than us simply being at the centre of the universe and the ONLY life in the whole of creation.

I would feel that I have been given the answer that there is more than just right now.
More than hunting and hurting others for another metal disc or piece of paper or shiney metal bar.
I would appreciate the comtact for what it is, the answer to the question we all ask from time to time, is there life out there and it is more than I'm expecting of this world?.
I welcome the chance to talk to a being not of this world , of this time or place of man, I welcome the chance to learn from them , to learn their ways and if possible the ways to help heal this world and its current occupants.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
From everything I've read, there's really not much you can do. Many UFO reports mention communications failures, shut-downs of military bases, amnesia (think of all the abduction cases, what did those people do?).

Bring it.

If they have the technology to do what they are supposed to be able to do, then I'm sure they can control the situation.
I doubt they'd come all this way to see me, anyway.

I'd like to think I'd be okay with it, but let's see.

Yeah, gov'ts of the world...let's see.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have a story that I'd like to share. I think it's kind of funny and I still chuckle about it. Let me preface this by saying that I have never seen an alien spacecraft; the Unidentified Flying Objects, when watched for long enough, turned out to be satellites, birds, or planes. What follows is a story about the one time that I saw an object in the sky that I could not identify.

It was late where I live, between 11:00pm and midnight. The wife-to-be and I seated ourselves on the front porch, which faces west. We were talking about extra-terrestrial life, sightings, etc., as we converse about this quite often. It's a bit of a hobby for us, staying up to date with the latest news and seeking out the most interesting documentaries and programs we could find.

We were sharing a beer between us, looking up at the clear night sky. I noticed a slow moving, very dim light in the northeast sky, seemingly heading from the northwest to the southeast.

"Look at that slow-moving plane," I said, because to me that's what it looked like. However, I immediately notice that there were no lights beyond the single source that I was seeing; just a white light; no blinking reds, white, blues, etc. And soon, I discovered there was absolutely no sound, which made me believe this object might be far away.

My next thought was a satellite, and by this time the wife was watching too. To our amazement, this light within a second multiplied in intensity; I cannot for sure say by how much. It went from about the brightness of a normal star to something so bright it blotted out all starlight surrounding it.

Then, within a second, it faded to its original intensity, and then disappeared. Gone. The wife witnessed it just before it became brilliantly brighter than when I saw it, til it disappeared.

All we could agree upon was, "That was weird." Neither of us had seen anything like it, but in the greater scheme of things, this was pretty un-dramatic. I was quick to say that it was probably a satellite, but unfortunately, (or fortunately) I couldn't settle upon this option. This light traveled much slower than satellites that I am normally used to seeing.

So, damnit. I haven't seen an alien spacecraft, but I've finally seen a UFO. How annoying. We chatted for a minute or two about what it would be like to actually see an alien craft, still intrigued and in awe of what the origin of what we saw might have been.

I looked to the south, and to my amazement, I saw another brilliant white light rise up, seemingly heading towards us. I didn't say anything this time, but the wife looked in that direction and saw it as well. It rose slowly, and headed towards us, no sound. This object was much, much lower than the one we'd just seen, I'd say no more than a few hundred feet in the air.

It moved steadily, closer, and all we could see was the bright light. Again, no sound, no blinking lights from our perspective.

I felt my skin flush; I got that feeling one gets when a fever breaks; nausea, and like I might start hallucinating. My wife watched it all the while but I lowered my eyes to the grass, still facing the direction of the object, but I wouldn't look at it any longer. My breathing became quick and shallow, but I was doing all in my power not to let the wife know that I was definitely, most positively freaking out.

The darkness of the night began to close in around me as this object continued to approach, one solid light, slow-moving, and no sound. Alien-abduction stories flashed through my mind. I thought to myself, "No, not now." Just before I thought I would pass out I calmly leaned back and lay face up on the porch so as not to alarm the wife. I didn't pass out, and as this object approached directly overhead the light became dimmer and I was able to see a blue flashing light, a red flashing light, and finally hear the sound of engine noise.

So, with that long story, I think I've illustrated that I'm not sure I'm ready to see an alien craft.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I think it would be more curious than scared. The thing that keeps me feeling this way is that out of all the people on the planet, this UFO with alien life forms has come right down in front of me and only I could have this encounter. I'd want to make the best of it just so that I could share my experiences with people and have something that no one else had.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyfrompain

lol, if i was you and it happened i would forget about my ego, i doubt they would think much of you thinking that way.

The best thing t do is stay calm, and try to focus and take in everything you can, as being calm will help this.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Now my question is what do you in this scenario.

Pretend I'm on the phone and start taking pics with the cell phone, of course.....

I'm fairly certain I'd comply with beings that had mastered interstellar travel. That said, if they then tried to do something against my will, I'd fight back, though would likely be futile...

Still, I'd certainly hope for a dialogue, and chance to learn from each other....as long as they don't think I'm food, we'd get along...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I am not afraid of them. I would know that it was time and be ready for what comes next.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
What would I do?

Most likely, stand there with my mouth wide open in astonishment, soil myself, and then black out, hopefully in that order.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seangkt

Your scenario does not speak of being in an isolated area so I would make as much noise as I could to make as many people aware as I could.

I would be taking pictures with my cell phone and sending pictures to as many people as I had in my address book and encouraging my friends to do the same.

My goal would be to make sure if I disappeared or had to tell the tale I would have enough credible witnesses that they could not sweep it under the rug.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seangkt

I would definitely stay put, and try to engage the being in communication, most likely telepathically (as I feel this is how they communicate based on others reported accounts, as well as some of my own experiences).

I personally don't buy into the fear that has been sold by hollywood in regards to intelligent life forms of an off-world origin. If these beings meant us harm, we would have disappeared long ago IMO.

I have not had the face to face yet, but I have had a couple of VERY close fly-ups, and although somewhat intimidating (mainly due to the speed of movement), I did not sense any reason to panic or fear whoever or whatever was piloting these objects. I look forward to that first face to face (or mind to mind), back-and-forth dialogue. I feel that at times the occupants of these craft have most definitely responded to MY thoughts, but I have yet to recieve a voice in my head from them.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

top topics

join