It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tips for developing ESP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
by Cavemandd, anyone else feel free to contribute you're own tips and experiences!

Okay, so I wanted to make a thread about certain things I have observed over the years in relation to ESP and my perspective on them. The goal here is to, if not convince you of the existence of ESP (Extra-Sensory Perception), then give you ideas how you can put it to the test yourself. Okay so let's get at it.

Before I got into full on meditations, i used to just get some breakfast every morning in a food court and just rest my head and close my eyes. I would count my breaths and focus on a thought / concept /single image and let the distracting background noise of the mind fade away. I didn't really do any chakra work as this was still new to me, but you know, I only really had 15 minutes to eat.. and just clearing my mind like this got me into a nice light trance.

So anyways..as I did this, I was in a state as to be more aware of my environment with all the clutter of the mind gone. I would watch lots of people walk by in the food court and I noticed some interesting things:

1. PERCEIVING PERSONALITY
I would sort of blur my eyes and look at them peripherally. I would ignore the visual details of them and just sort of become aware of how they move. When I did this I got this impression of their type of personality. I blurred my eyes in such a way that it was like I was looking at their conceptual or inner form beneath the surface. At the time I felt like I was just guessing but I just took it like a game and went with it, trying to guess what people were like based on their "flow".

2. AURA / ENERGY FIELD
By looking at the people peripherally like this I would notice what looked like an after-image where they moved. If you can notice this and say you have white walls around where your computer is or where you're sitting reading this, try just waving your hand around, looking at it peripherally and seeing this sort of trail.

By looking at them like this I would also notice how I sort of perceived this subtle field around them. Sometimes I could see a colour, other times I just get this impression in my mind that if there was a colour there, that it was a specific one or mix. Just try it as an experiment and see what you get. You might be surprised and wonder why you associate this colour with this person.

3. THE "EYE SNAP" AND MORE ABOUT THE MAGIC EYES
This one is my favourite. I love to test who is the most aware/receptive. I find often now I can sense them in a crowd and I know they will be the one to respond to this little test. You can do this just walking by, or I even like to sit down and let people walk by as I do this.

Find a person in the crowd walking by.. then LOOK AT THEIR EYES. Sometimes you'll notice they'll look at you.. and this is the interesting part, because it's not like they just panned their head or their eyes and happened to see you, no, the eyes SNAP right to your eyes. It's eye to eye, just like magnets. So I thought... i'm sitting in a crowd of people, i'm not really standing out.. and they are walking in a crowd of people, I look in their eyes, and their eyes snap to mine...did they know I was looking at them and they sensed it on a level they are perhaps not aware of?

Well since then I have experimented with it more.. I often catch my own vision snapping to lock directly into the eyes of someone else. Sometimes I notice I get the urge to turn right around and notice I just snap eyes to someone looking at me. This is very interesting to me. I find it interesting that when I observe people, I just feel inclined to look in their eyes as well.

I find that when the eyes lock it can be very powerful. It can feel like a surge. I feel like I can tell by the feel if it's a vibe of attraction, fascination or hostility. Kind of funny too because when I feel there is perceived mutual attraction I also notice other things, kind of like a sense/tingling under my lower lip. This one time I saw a girl I thought was a friend of mine that I had not seen in a while and it was like my heart went into overdrive. She was just minding her business and her eyes snapped to mine, like she could feel this powerful energy I was sending her, I knew it. We continued fixed on each others eyes with this look of intensity until we walked by each other. That occurrence really stands out to me because she was just looking the other way and then it looked she was knocked back by what what I was sending her, and her eyes instantly met mine.

But yeah, this can be a fun one to experiment with. After a while you get a feel for who is receptive. The other day I saw this cashier girl with her head down like 20 feet away from me as I was walking by. I looked at her and then looked away but I saw peripherally that she looked up at me. I was just having fun trying to see if I could get her attention and I did.

The eyes have a powerful magnetism about them. It's interesting how eyes can intimidate people. I still have a hard time looking in some people's eyes. I often look around while talking to them. Perhaps I just don't like the feel of what they're putting off. It's different for every person though. At either rate, when I lock eyes with someone its like a beam goes between me and them and if it's not harmonic I subconsciously feel the urge to look away, and if its pleasant I can fix my gaze on their eyes.

I think it's an interesting topic because the more I become aware of these seemingly "extra"-sensory things, and the more I observe people, the more it seems like they also have these senses but just aren't aware of it. Me and my room-mate were discussing how sometimes it's impossible to hear what someone is saying in a loud bar/club.. yet people still find a way to communicate, through their eyes, body language and subtle signals. Someone's state or intention I feel can be seen clearly in the eyes and also felt, and I think: "Do other people also FEEL it but don't notice it?"

Well, there's some eye games for you to try out.

4. PERCEIVING THOUGHTS, FEELINGS
I find this used to cause me a lot of problems until I shifted my perspective and dug into it deeper. Many times when I thought I was feeling a certain way, I think I was just picking up something from someone else. First of all I want to say this:

Has anyone every been told "you're in my personal space!" ?

There seems to be a comfort zone for people that extends about an arm's reach away. Is there more going on here then they realize?

I used to think I felt a lot of nervous tension in crowds but as I worked out those problems I soon realized there could perhaps be other factors at work. I could be meditating on the train and being perfectly calm.. I'd walk off the train and start walking down a crowded stairwell. I give myself a check to re-assure myself that I feel comfortable and open, but I wonder why I'm feeling what seems like.. hard to describe really... I feel tension of the people around me. It's like they suddenly close off their energy and pull in their aura. They go into their shells so to speak and I feel I can sense their agitation.

When someone is in my "personal space".. or aura I can feel like an uncomfortable tension usually in my upper or lower stomach. chakra-wise, this would be consistent for what seems like a person who is low on energy, nervous or is depressed / has emotional problems. As I learn to become aware of my own chakras and fix them, I've also tried to fix the chakras of others if I feel I can sense them. Usually I do it because they are sitting next to me and I want the uncomfortable feeling to go away, but i also enjoy the idea of it possibly helping them. I would do my thing to balance that chakra I feel I am sensing a block from and after some time I find its accompanied but what feels like a nice, warm wave that flows over me. I feel I can sense that THEY sense their mood has changed. But I've also had help with this recently and so it doesn't cause me any problems.

So i say to you.. perhaps you've felt a little un-easy around people before but what I'm saying is to become aware of your state..and if you realize you feel comfortable, then that there could be something (or someone) else you're sensing.

I find as my awareness develops, these things can be like a double-edged sword. My advice is to learn to deal with them the best you can, throw up a mental/energy shield or something as not be so affected by those who would like/need your energy.

***CONTINUED NEXT POST***

[edit on 13-5-2009 by CavemanDD]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
***continued from Part 1***

I also wanted to mention something I have observed. I was talking about sensing chakras / feelings/states of another person. Well I never understood why I felt so awful and like my stomach was scrambled around my boss. I realized one day that it was perhaps him and not me. As soon as I felt the feeling arise, I gently pushed it away, or deflected his energy away and the feeling stopped. (By the way, how I did this was simple, i put the intention there..i just thought/commanded that it go away). As well I noticed he started to relax around me for the rest of the conversation, and I felt MUCH better, and not so scrambled and confused trying to talk to him. Well it was like this for a couple more times when I talked to him until one day I was talking with him alone at his office. I had read a book on "NINJA MIND CONTROL" (
wicked).. so I decided to try out what I learned. It's interesting because if you have ever seen that guy on youtube, yogameditation, he talks about the same thing. So I read in the book that the ninjas would gain "repor" with people by mimicing their body language, sort of tuning into their energy, just like a radio turning to the same station. It's interesting to watch a bunch of people standing around and talking and they all seem to flow in body language often. But yeah.. I was sitting, i'd watch my boss move one way and then I'd casually move my body to the same position. Well I continued to do this and it was interesting because I realized he began to mimic my body language as well. Since then he hasn't seemed so nervous around me. Quite interesting I think.

Most of the time I think we don't realize how we affect people. I think it's a very subliminal process and if there is an aspect of us that is in some need of balance, then it will find a way to achieve this. It's good to develop that connection with the subconscious to observe these things. For instance, why do people seem to flock around a baby or a charismatic person? Why do we feel like talking to someone, hoping they'll "cheer us up" when we're in a bad mood. And why do we put others down when we are in a bad mood? Is this a way of letting off "steam"? Are we actually hooked on this kind of release and don't realize there is something subliminal at work?

5. SENSING PROXIMITY
I'm going to keep this one short. If you're alone walking down the sidewalk one night, try walking with your eyes closed and try to walk straight. It's harder then it seems. Try not to crash into anything! I find I can sense when I'm about to hit something. I've tried applying this to other things like trying sense something with my hands without touching it. I have actually developed this to an extent that I practice TK with it, but there is already a good thread about that: Everyone is Psychic: A Lesson on TK and PK

Another thing I was testing with my room-mate one day: People don't like when you point at them. I wanted to explore this. So at first I thought, ok so pointing is annoying, intimidating, rude etc.. is there more to it? Try this with someone, sit close to them, and point your finger at them, sit close, across from them if you can. I was doing this to my room-mate and it really bothered him. He did it to me and it was the same, it felt like it was actually piercing my sense of aura, or piercing some subtle bubble around me. Really jab with your finger at that bubble and see how they like it.
haha.

So there you go. Even if you're in complete denial over ESP, here are some simple experiments that I think are pretty simple.

If I had any other suggestions, well there are a few things I pick up on that perhaps you can test yourself.

-- a. If you're talking to someone perhaps in a pretty calm environment with few people around like a home... as you talk to them and you know someone is nearby..do you get the impression they might be listening to you talk? Explore this thought. It might seem like nonsense but come through pretty strong. It almost feels like it's in the air, like there is a click, a connection. I find i'll go as far as to look at this person and they might be occupied but in their eyes or "field" I get the impression they are passively listening.

I feel something like this comes naturally but its often deflected because of that doubt barrier. That's ok, it's part of the discovery.

-- b. Another one while talking: I find this to be most effective with someone I communicate well with like a close friend or perhaps family member. I get this strong impression that they are thinking what I am thinking and often I blurt it out just to confirm. As I get this feeling I can also see it in them. Try it.. next time you get that sense, look at them, see how they go silent for a second as if they are reaching for something.. if the sense arises, explore it..study it.

-- c. Visuals. If you ever think of something and someone and get the impression of certain images, try exploring them. I'd say to not so much try and construct them as much as just letting them come naturally. You might get what seems like strange impressions that seem to come together. You might find it interesting to look into Remote Viewing actually.

-- d. Ever notice your internal dialogue throughout the day? I'm not saying this means anything other than it's interesting that sometimes we talk to ourselves. I mean like we'll just think something like "good job steve, your doing alright".. or "you know better steve, you know the consequences if you do this."

Do you find that at all interesting?

I actually find that the more open my crown chakra feels from meditation, and this could be just a simple breathing, with the intent of energy entering the top of my head... well.. the more open, the more of this kind of dialogue I seem to get. It can create all sorts of ideas in your head depending on where you're at with "that sort of thing".

But one thing is for sure.. you can almost feel what seems like a surface area thought or "the ego".. and one that feels like its comming out from somewhere deep. I try to trust my gut and follow that deep voice, if only as a test. It's uhh.. quite interesting.

Don't be afraid to explore. You might feel embarassed, crazy, in denial.. all sorts of blocks coming up. It might not be the right time but if part of you feels there could be something to it, drawing you in, then proceed as you feel comfortable and just stay open about the whole thing. No expectations, no limitations. No rigid beliefs, and no denial of possible profound experiences of self-discovery.

And if you haven't started to meditate, I seriously recommend you try it. Why? I'll let you discover that on you're own.
. I'll say that is damn fantastic for me.

Your subconscious could be trying to get your attention quite consistently. I'd say just go with it. Go into it with no expectations, just explore. For me these things have been developing gradually but it feels like something that's been going on my whole life that I just haven't given much attention.

Also if this is all strange and new to you, I have some more beginner tips posted in this old thread and also some easy meditations.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope this is of any use to anyone out there.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by CavemanDD]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Brilliant Thread!

I don't really have anything to add, but im certainly gonna try out some of the things you mentioned.

I'd like to see some other peoples tips too.
Star and Flag for you.

Love&Light.

Jacob

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
You can also practice energy work, ie. sending healing energy, or positive energy to a friend, someone you talk with long distance on the computer. Though its advisable to first learn some good shielding. The shielding I adapted is to picture myself standing beside the Creators wonderful sustaining river of energy, the energy that holds everything in its embrace and comprises everything, I usually jump right in. I picture this energy lovingly encasing me in a giant cocoon shield.

You and your friend can practice energy work long distance, picturing healing. You can even feel a touch. Practice picking up their signature. You will often feel them online, or as they are writing to you. This should also increase pinging, a strong sense of them.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Good advice Mystiq

Bump...

Love&Light.

Jacob

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Thanks for contributing mystiq.

You touched on something that I wish I put more emphasis on and that is explaining how to do such things. Like what I mean is in your mind putting the intention. You imagine, visualize, command, tell yourself it's happening etc.. "Energy flows where attention goes".

I must say for a lot of people it can be hard to understand at first. I know I was in denial until I could actually watch/sense the energy (of thought/intention) doing something.

There is plenty of simple things out there to try and I know for me it's simply a matter of interest.

Thanks again, feel free to add more. The goal here is simple, for people to open these conceptual doors and see where it leads them.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Flag for you grasshoppa! Going to have to finish reading this later though because I can only slack so much in the office. I will add some of my own techniques later.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I just made a little video just now on sensing proximity / energy flow and connection etc. I'm just putting it together now, cutting it with some old clips and then I will upload it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread, it will be very interesting to see what everybody comes up with. I have alwaysbeen interested in this kind of thing.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD
I just made a little video just now on sensing proximity / energy flow and connection etc. I'm just putting it together now, cutting it with some old clips and then I will upload it.

Ah great.

I have a real problem with sensing my energy and moving it, so hopefully this might come in handy

Love&Light.

Jacob

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Ok so here's a video tip for sensing proximity, as well as a demonstration of how it can be applied in the next video:

(click to open player in new window)

[edit on 14-5-2009 by CavemanDD]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I can feel peoples energy, their signature, and am wondering how a person would come up with exercises to increase this, except perhaps attempting to send healing or touch, to another. There is no distance in this. No limit anywhere in the universe. I really can't explain it, but its as if its all on a grid that just extends and can sense location from this grid, though don't actually see it as a grid. While doing work with energy or psi, however, intent is everything, so its a bit like law of attraction, you simply picture it. Its simple that way.

But when I'm experiencing it spontaneously, frequently throughout the day, thinking about it actually decreases the odds of it happening. I have 2 books by Joseph McMoneagle and his explanation of the zen mind was so good. The psi awareness is in a different area where your conscious overlay or analytical thought is. So its important even during exercises to simply believe and not examine it. But this is why, connections or experiences are most common when you're not paying attention or doing something else. Its the zen of the moment so to speak. And its also why, its very hard to get accurate readings or testing on psi ability.

You also need to be aware instantly that male and female energy usually will feel spicy so to speak. So it may be best to practice with someone who is the same sex if you're heterosexual, though not necessary.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

I've experienced a lot of these things you talk about, most notably the "eye-snap," proximity sense, and personality reading. My sense of empathy has also grown tremendously over the last few years (which IMO is a mild form of telepathy), and sometimes I can even sense when a specific person is about to walk around a corner or into a room, without hearing or seeing them beforehand.

Now I'm not saying I have super powers or anything, I've actually always just attributed this stuff to instinct and just simply paying more attention to stuff than most people do. Am I wrong? Is all this more closely related to ESP?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dwiggen

I think you're right where I am in thinking that everyone does this. I believe its just a matter of becomming aware of it.

I somehow feel now that we have this natural state that we ourselves actually make dysfunctional. What I mean is I don't really have to try and balance my chakras so much these days but I notice my thoughts that cause them to become imbalanced if you know what I mean.

So I don't think of it as much as training as much as clearing out a lifetime of crap. Meditation, whatever... whatever it takes to reach that state of optimal functionality and the realization that it is our true nature. I think it comes naturally and for one, we need to trust that there is more to our imagination. It's a bit of a battle with the left brain.

I made a post about it linked in my sig. (the logic one)

Btw to anyone who's watched those vids I posted.. are they working? They don't seem to work for me.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Those videos you posted above. They work just fine. Wonderful work on them and thank you for taking the time to put so much effort into sharing your knowledge with others, because your threads are amongst some of my favorites. You go the extra step.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by mystiq]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

haha aww thanks!

It's a calling man, I love doing this and blowing peoples mind's and helping them change their life. It kind of make me sad to see people missing out and unable to fix their troubles. But I mean, i extend my advice and if they don't want to hear me out then so be it. It's all worth it if you can get to one person you know? And a bonus to that is they go on to share what they learn with others.

Its simple really, I want a better world, one where people are happy, not disempowered, confused and stressed out.

It doesn't matter if I don't get what I want but it satisfies that urge in me as long as I keep trying.

Thanks for the support.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

here is a video I just made discussing chakra awareness and the nature of our chakras. It's very brief but enough to give you the idea and the value of working with them if it's new to you.

This was originally an expansion on sensing things with your hands. I talk about a technique to feel your chakras this way that is pretty simple and effective.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hey again! Great post, and thanks for using my TK post to support your ideas, glad I could help! Keep up the good work!

I'm sure I'll add something with a little more substance eventually

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
haha. i tried the eye snap thing this morning at school and it worked.

nice videos btw.

i always try to do the psi wheel thing but my brother always comes and makes fun of me lol.
but hey...i call him a sheep so

and i cant make the damned thing move

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by muzik

Glad to hear you got some interesting results. The eye one really is a funny one because there is so much skepticism out there about this kind of thing but things like this eye-snap make it seem so obvious that there is a transfer/awareness of some kind going on.

Ignore your brother.

anyways, cool to hear.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join