It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What natural antiviral foods do you recommend?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Since there's not enough Tamiflu or other antiviral drugs to go around during the current or future influenza waves, we can still make use of foods which have antiviral effects.

In the BTS food section, I posted a thread with recipes that use star anise, the natural source for prescription Tamiflu. There are a number of other foods, however, that have an antiviral effect. Here's that list so far:

1. Green tea - researchers currently recommend 4 cups daily in order to boost immunity against viruses. People claim that loose green tea tastes the best, but I usually bring teabags with me when away from home. Green tea is also available in capsule form. It does contain some caffeine, but nowhere near as much as black tea or coffee.

2. The spice turmeric contains the active ingredient curcumin which has proven antiviral power.

3. Unrefined cold-centrifuged coconut oil contains lauric acid, which also has antiviral power.

So, what other foods stand up against viruses? What do you recommend?

Here is that BTS food thread on star anise recipes:

www.ask.com...

[edit on 5/13/2009 by Uphill]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

You might find some useful suggestions in this ATS Thread
Ascorbic Acid Role in Containment of the World Avian Flu Pandemic

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
if its plague then i suggest Marlboros. a pack a day

i suggest in the future, cannabilistic marlboro smokers will inherit the earth, and all the health nuts worrying about their immune systems die.

gotta like nature- survival of the luckiest

flu? anti-virals and fluid anything but like milk and chocolate cake

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Doesn't elderberry extract have some significant anti-viral properties? Along with Garlic?

Sambucol

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I second that. Raw garlic cloves, chewed and swallowed, are very beneficial.

You should also check out organic apple cider vinegar. My favorite brand is "Bragg's", the local wildly overpriced health food store only charges $5.99 for a large bottle.

Warning: You know when you puke a little bit in your mouth, and then swallow it down again? That is what it feels like when you first start drinking the vinegar. Organic grape juice is the best chaser I have found, seems to neutralize the acidic taste.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thank you all for that info. I'll take a look at each of those. Some nutritionists also claim that Coenzyme Q10 has potent antiviral effects. CoQ10 food sources include sardines, mackerel, and organ meats ... well I do like mackerel in sushi -- it tastes similar to tuna, but it's a smaller fish so no mercury hazard.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Good article highlighting anti-viral herbs and their properties:
www.newagearticles.com...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Apple cider vinegar is pure hype. I've done lots of research into it and there is very little credible science behind it.

Coconut oil actually has a lot of science behind it i.e. the antiviral properties of lauric, myritic acid.

Raw milk and eating lots of food with lots of enzymes and benificial bacteria i.e. kombucha, raw colostrum, fruits and veggies. Nutrition and a healthy immune system is not something you can take a clove of garlic and have overnight. It takes months and years to use nutrition to build your body and immune system.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

Thank you. Great article. I had forgotten about shiitake mushrooms being antiviral -- and I sometimes use them in cooking. Dried "donko quality" shiitake mushrooms are the most clinically beneficial form, unless you grow them yourself on a hardwood substrate. Factors to keep in mind when selecting shiitake mushrooms:

Fresh shiitake mushrooms are problematic for several reasons - you don't know what substrate they are grown on, which makes a nutritional difference, and if the cap is wide open that means that the medicinal component of shiitake -- i.e., the spores -- have dropped out and are gone. Also if the fresh mushrooms are all the same size that means they were grown under artificial conditions, which comes with its own set of problems.

If you cannot find dried "donko quality" shiitakes, look for bags of dried shiitake mushrooms which are of varying sizes -- that is a tip-off that they were grown under natural conditions. Also, only buy shiitakes that have closed caps -- that way, they have still retained the medicinal spores. And since I found out that the spores are the most medicinal, I no longer discard the "dust" at the bottom of the bag of dried mushrooms.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

No way dude, I have to disagree. My sister told me about apple cider vinegar a few years ago and I didn't really think twice about it until a few months ago. I was having some health problems this winter and been taking the stuff daily 3 times a day since and I can say 100% that it works. I noticed an improvement after only a few days. You have to get the right kind though, with the mother in it, because the distilled kind doesn't have any benefits at all.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Colloidal silver is as natural as it gets... on the atomic level. It's the one natural element that the FDA is trying hardest to stop production of in the United States. They're actually trying to get control over it by classifying it as a "pesticide". Can you believe that? Where do they get the gonads to try something as blatantly corrupt as that?

And the reason is simple... it kills every virus so far known to man. And that my friends, makes Tamiflu redundant. And if Tamiflu is rendered "of no value", Dirty Donald Rumsfeld stands to lose $millions when it's sales fall off the cliff. Rumsfeld is one of the largest shareholders of Gilead Sciences, makers of Tamiflu.

About the scientific studies:

www.freemarketnews.com...

About the FDA's corrupt efforts:

forum.prisonplanet.com...

About the benefits of raising your body's ph level:

www.relfe.com...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Oil of Oregano

north american spice oreganol super strength

Copy and paste that into google, it's the only kind to get.

Here's a link so that you might know what the bottle looks like.
www.vitacost.com...

I learned about this from a doctor.

[edit on 5/14/2009 by Sunsetspawn]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks
Colloidal silver is as natural as it gets...

Hold on, I can personally vouch for the product I recommended as I have used it often and with great results.

Who amongst us has used colloidal silver? I have always been curious as I KNOW that CS has had a smear campaign launched against it. Smear campaigns are a good sign of bullship, as stevia has been assaulted as a sweetener and called dangerous while sucralose is touted as a messiah, and I am living proof that stevia is harmless (been using it for years) and sucralose is dangerous (makes me ill).

Anyway, I'd love to hear testimonials from real people, and not on those sites that are trying to score sales.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn

Originally posted by Albertarocks
Colloidal silver is as natural as it gets...

Hold on, I can personally vouch for the product I recommended as I have used it often and with great results.

Who amongst us has used colloidal silver? I have always been curious as I KNOW that CS has had a smear campaign launched against it. Smear campaigns are a good sign of bullship, as stevia has been assaulted as a sweetener and called dangerous while sucralose is touted as a messiah, and I am living proof that stevia is harmless (been using it for years) and sucralose is dangerous (makes me ill).

Anyway, I'd love to hear testimonials from real people, and not on those sites that are trying to score sales.

Are you suggesting that your testimonial is valuable because you've used the product and my testimonial is of no value because you assume I've not used silver? That would be pretty arrogant if that's what you're getting at.

Of course I've used it... otherwise I wouldn't recommend it. I've also used oil of oregano and I can vouch for that too. That's why I gave you the star... because I trusted you were speaking from experience...AS I WAS!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Honey.

And silver.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunsetspawn

Isn't colloidial silver what that guy used whose skin turned all blue?? I forget his name, but that was a story all over the internet news within the last two months. I've been reluctant to try colloidial silver until I hear more about its effectiveness and its safety.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

Yeah, if you consume too much silver you can turn blue. But you can turn orange if you eat too much carotene.

Silver has stunning antimicrobial properties, and if you place some silver, even in the form of coins into your canteen, you'll have sanitary water.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by Uphill

Yeah, if you consume too much silver you can turn blue. But you can turn orange if you eat too much carotene.

Silver has stunning antimicrobial properties, and if you place some silver, even in the form of coins into your canteen, you'll have sanitary water.

Yup! That guy was drinking colloidal silver like it was beer. But admittedly it was a scary picture... perfect for debunking the benefits of silver. So far it has killed every virus known to man within 6 minutes of contact. In my books, it's a keeper. I use it. A teaspoon a day. It's dirt cheap and tastes the same as distilled water.... no taste at all. There's one reason and one reason only why the FDA is trying so hard to ban it. It works so well it makes most, if not all, vaccines redundant. Can you imagine how much money that's gonna cost Dirty Don Rumsfeld, one of the biggest shareholders in Gilead Sciences (makers of Tamiflu)?

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Yep, that guy got Argyria, which is incurable. Nice guy though. Libertarian.

The only known treatment was for him to upgrade to "colloidal gold".

Then this happened:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/239d43a86051.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
NOTHING

for a virus you don't want to eat virtually anything at all

The foods being listed and Colloidal work against BACTERIA

I would recommend them, Honey (manuka) if you can get it organic from local stock if not, lots of Garlic and... basically the few other things listed

The Honey will keep you alive

Other than that you want to WASTE AWAY, don't feed the virus, no carbs, no sugars beyond the honey... NO PROTEIN, don't let it reproduce... start dying instantly it will go away

Smoke, kill it in your lungs

Drink Teas, kill it in your gut surface

but not much else

If you can get a dry sauna access use it... 180 degrees, burn it out, kill everything in you... starvation excessive heat

If you cant do the Sauna

5 blankets, all thick, hrs at a time... sweat,

The biggest stupidity in treating viruses was walking away from the tradition of the sweat tent

I learned this from a wonderful Navajo lady who went to Harvard and dropped modern medicine IN HORROR when she was done...

Nothing beats 8 hrs at a body temp of 108

YES, the docs will say you can seizure etc... if your hydrating and being watched that's just fine... the average American pulls down too many shots of booze so many times the 80,000 brain cells or so wont be missed in retrospect to lets say HEPATITIS when we fry our brains daily anyway

99.9 % of people will be fine... far better ratio than any treatment there is from antibiotics to just lets say...the death toll of a bad flu

I use dry sauna for everything... takes time to build up tolerance, if you can get used to it if it's available I can do an HR at 180 degrees now...

No germ can exist in my body if I don't want it there... I'd inject myself with aids if I thought anyone would pay attention and it would be worth the suffering and time...

STARVE and BURN... works every time on almost anything out there, even hard to kill molds and fungi and parasites...

for more complex organism like those you need to Starve, Burn and POISON

and yeah, Silver, Garlic etc... all in essence poison

if your blood is Poison, your lung cells are dying, your intestine wall is being scorched, your body temp is 108

NOTHING less complex than you as an organism of Trillions of cells will make it through

Virus... lol, don't feed the little sons of b's...

what food? HA! NONE

top topics

<<   2 >>

join