It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They started a hate group about my little sister..what can i do?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hello everyone and mods put this where yo think i might get an answer. I've googled a couple of things and the consensus is that freedom of speech reigns, meaning i have no real authority to go to except my own.

some facts

The guy who started it wasn't maligned by my sister, he's the best friend of the guy she dumped.
I've joined the group and told the guy

a) I am coming for you
b) If you delete the group there is no problem

I can understand sticking up for your bud but this is too much. I will be going to the town this weekend, and if he doesn't delete the group, I'd like some advice on how to handle this. She is 17, and these guys are all 18-20...If it was a girl vs. girl thing, I would stay out of it as it is more "even". However, it seems to me that this kid has no concept of cause and effect, and is only man enough to start a hate group about a teenage girl.

Some advice please?

My plan right now is to walk into the bar he works at and refurbish his face, and since i've given fair warning, and also a peaceful solution, i feel justified in any actions i'll take....I've been in two fights my whole life, caue i only fight for what i believe in.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I see your in Canada. I believe there are laws in your country that explicitly allow your sister to file charges against him and the other persons involved! Make records and print out all information being posted by these persons. Should you choose to go and take this person on by yourself using violence, you will play right into this morons hands. Make formal complaints to the authorities and prefer a law suit against all those involved. Threatening in the manner you describe is assault!

Zindo

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
lol. a hate group? on the net? lol

18-20 year olds with the iq of 13. why in gods name would you do anything. a hate group will backfire-

i suggest joining the group and going along with everything for awhile and
typing funny things. (i know- sister- back way off your emotions- or have someone else do it)
eventually get to apoint of - "i heard that many women don't like drunks with two inch penises. perhaps if you were a sophisticated intelligent adult
instead of a little kid posting a "hate" site (lol) you'd have a girlfriend

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ScreamtheDance

Uhh that would not work, trust me.

Anyway OP hope it works out for you.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

The local police would know what laws have been broken. I'm sure there's a lawyer around somewhere that would do a free consultation to see if it's libel or slander.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

thanks very much. A part of me thought there might be some sort of recourse for her, but that i just couldn't find it. I'll go to the copshop before i go to him.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Might as well delete the thread...damn that zindo knows a lot!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ScreamtheDance

The goal is to get the group deleted immediately. She's constantly typing in there defending herself yet she claims it doesn't bother her...she's tough but me and my brother haven't been there for her in these types of situations..i learned of it yesterday and thank God i took some time to cool down.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I am going to take the advice of your signature- "Feel free at any time to tell me to calm the heck down. I'll come out of it quick"

I follow two simple rules in life:
1. Don't sweat the small stuff
2. EVERYTHING is small

Really though? You're sweating this? Who cares? Don't go to the group and don't feed it.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I suggest not doing anything. Don't risk yourself and/or jailtime just because some idiots started a hate group that's completely insignificant. I know it sounds like the p**** way out but let's say that you get assualt charges on you? Now you got those problems AND the hate group and you REALLY can't do anything about it. Don't sink yourselves to these idiots level. The group is pointless and it'll die out so your sister just needs to ignore it.

The only other thing is find out what kind of stuff they're saying and are any of them saying them directly to your sister. I got someone hemmed up a while back under a new "vulgarity over an electronic device" law in my state because I was being threatened and they happened to include "curse words". So definitely go talk to a cop or magistrate first to see what options you have. If chances are she can get them on something like that, trust me, its 1000 times more satisfying to see someone who thinks they're a "man" almost cry in court than punch them in the face.

link   
reply to post by heyo

just let it go for now, people who start things like this are not worth the effort that it takes. and besides you dont want to do some thing that might land you in jail. try to over look this, it might be difficult to have some one bad mouthin your little sis, and it might be hard on her but you dont want to stoop down to thier level or go lower.

and i'm sure that if it goes any futher than just a bunch of bs, there are steps in your country that can be taken to have end of it taken

i bet people who really know your sis, knows that its all bs any way.

link   
Well, your case sounds familiar, i have friend who requested my help on a similar issue about his daughter. How ever the path i chose was to mass invite a certain group of lets say society accepted and non accepted. (:cool

Given the pull i have around certain IT areas i managed to promote his site at a not so acceptable group which numbered just over 8 million members. lol
Your probably getting the drift now, eventually after 2 weeks the site was pulled down and was never heard of.

Definitely do not go there looking for trouble, as mentioned above, there are laws to protect people like your sister. Its time you were informed about your rights regarding Internet.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
edit - changed to PM

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
weren't you ever taught to ignore bullies as kids?
this worked when i was a kid...and that wasn't THAT long ago...
they aren't physically hurting her or threatening her, and if they are then thats a whole different ball park.

but if they just made some infantile "hate" group...

in a phrase, "WHO CARES?!"
if you do, you are just as much of a child. ridiculous...

[edit on 13-5-2009 by double_frick]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hate crimes, harrassment, not allowed.
I'm 99,99% sure they have broken at least one law, question is whether the law department or whatever will take it serious.

Sometimes when people get harrassed on the internet nothing is done about it. (But hey, at least you'd have tried then.)

If you wish to physically molest him I would wait until you settled things with the cops.

And if you do decide to punch him in the face, at least get him aggravated to punch you first (Without using certain language that would put you down as the perpetrator), at least then you can claim it's self-defence, and so would any witnesses.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Anyway, there are more entertaining ways of getting even, if the law fails you. It's an art form, and while it might cost a little pocket change, it's entirely satisfying.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Well, your case sounds familiar, i have friend who requested my help on a similar issue about his daughter. How ever the path i chose was to mass invite a certain group of lets say society accepted and non accepted. (:cool

Given the pull i have around certain IT areas i managed to promote his site at a not so acceptable group which numbered just over 8 million members. lol
Your probably getting the drift now, eventually after 2 weeks the site was pulled down and was never heard of.

Definitely do not go there looking for trouble, as mentioned above, there are laws to protect people like your sister. Its time you were informed about your rights regarding Internet.

You sicked 4-chan on em?

lmao Nice one!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

It's like i said, I simply want the site down immediately.

He messaged me back saying there's one about him that she made....grrrr....women.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Never underestimate the power of /b/!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

I agree. I would personally eat a little piece of paper and then go find the guy, then you're bound to think of something appropriate and you'll be practically invincible to boot! Of course that's a just joke.. Shhhh!!

I agree though, there are an infinite number of possibilities you could take. Or even several of them in a sequence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join