It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very interesting 'star'/UFO video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I know that there is some controversy regarding videos from All News Web but I post this in earnest and after posting it within another thread and getting no bites.

I think this video is compelling and am curious for some of the debunkers here to look at it.

Why?

it probably isnt CGI
We are often told that UFOs are very bright stars-this video might be the perfect one to analyse that claim and I am specifically refering to the scene where the filmer zooms out. Can a Star or Satellite be that Bright?

I think this is compelling and may be an actual UFO-if the consensus is that it isnt I will request the mods delete this thread. Please let me know what you think of this video

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by starfemme1

Threads seldom are deleted for any reason.
That is very bright for a star and satellites do not remain stationary.

But Venus is not a star and it does not move very much. When recorded with a video camera using digital zoom and autofocus it can look very weird.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
well in all honesty that looks rather genuine.....

especialy near the end where it zooms in and you get the classic lens flare thaT becomes clear as the camera makes out shapes etc and you see x2 seperate levels within the light....

If anything someone needs to do that anti-shake gear on it so we can see what it is.... actualy all people should somehow try and do that to all their video's before they put them up on here.... !!!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

OK more specifically can Venus ever be that bright and large (you need to watch the video completely and the bit where you see the trees. I have never seen Venus that bright or big. That is basically the crux of my question.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

if the consensus is that it isnt I will request the mods delete this thread

IMO negative consensus does not warrant the closure of a thread, I don't think it has ever been done on ATS. It is the discussion and ideas / thoughts exchange that is more important.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny

if the consensus is that it isnt I will request the mods delete this thread

IMO negative consensus does not warrant the closure of a thread, I don't think it has ever been done on ATS. It is the discussion and ideas / thoughts exchange that is more important.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

Its about the source, there have been many people objecting to a particular source and I don't really want to get caught in all of that.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Yes Venus can and does appear that bright. So bright that it can be seen in full daylight.

Venus is now as close as it ever gets to Earth, making it as bright as it gets. Very, very bright.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So I am assuming that your verdict is that it is Venus. Thanks for that, seriously. I must say I thought this might be the real deal. If what you say is correct it lends weight to the notion that people mistake Venus for a UFO at times.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Best to be sure its Venus to start off with - use Stellarium to find what you could have possibly looking at..

www.stellarium.org...

top topics

join