It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Birthday to our dear friend MemoryShock

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Sorry I am late to the party...THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Sorry I am late to the party...THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

Im even later
Happy belated B-Day

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Happy Über Belated B-Day to a Real ATS Superhero

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8af2777647e9.jpg[/atsimg]

An avatar based on this motif/theme awaits your approval... all you have to do is say "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!" three times and do a cartwheel through a puddle

[edit on 27-5-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

Outstanding!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I am humbled beyond words...I would like to not cheapen this expression by wearing it as an avatar, rather, I would like to leave it here to maintain the intensity of the reaction I had when I first saw it...

Thank you...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I understand... if my life depended on it i couldn't do a cartwheel either. I know it was unfair to require such a challenging condition but we must uphold some standards here... not all avatars are created equal.

I have been meaning to ask... and since we are close to the topic... is that roadkill being hit by lightening...

[edit on 27-5-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The All Seeing I
I understand... if my life depended on it i couldn't do a cartwheel either. I know it was unfair to require such a challenging condition but we must uphold some standards here... not all avatars are created equal.

The cartwheel was the kicker...

I have been meaning to ask... and since we are close to the topic... is that roadkill being hit by lightening...

That is a brain being hit by lightening...if you look underneath the words, you'll see a skeleton hand...which helps to see the rest of it...

It was meant to be the grim reaper striking a brain...but when I was shown this particular visual as a 'reaper/scythe/brain/lightening' with the focus on the lightening I immediately fell for it so to speak...the colors mix well in my opinion and it is very close to what I wanted, thematically...and the words are mine...I couldn't have chosen a better font...

Courtesy of ImaMarty...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
"ah i see" said the blind mice... i read the brain as a tread on a tire and the sickle i thought was the fender of a motorcycle or car. The rest of the image looked like fur to me... with the blood red sky highlighted by the lightning... well you can see where i got the collective roadkill image.

Don't feel obligated to accept, i understand how subjective these calls are and how attached one can get to such wrappings ... i just had to at least give it a try. No loss i was meaning to exploring some new photoshop features/tools, this gave me a good excuse to do so without taking a risk of missing a deadline.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51b9c48d2356.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 28-5-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

"ah i see" said the blind mouse... i read the brain as a tread on a tire and the sickle i thought was the fender of a motorcycle or car.

Hmmm...you are not the first to interpret it as such...perhaps I should consider something more accessible as I think it is important that my attempted visual conveyance actually convey my intended thoughts...

Or start a thread explaining it to everyone so I don't have to relinquish it...

Don't feel obligated to accept, i understand how subjective these calls are and how attached one can get to such wrappings ... i just had to at least give it a try. No loss i was meaning to exploring some new tools in photoshop, this gave me a good excuse to do so without taking a risk of missing a deadline.

That is an awesome avatar...

I usually switch avatars temporarily (especially when S-Dog gets an inkling to wear that blasted pink unicorn) and now know which one to use...it looks awesome!!

Thank You Sir...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well in the event you do take this new suit on for a stroll. Make sure to change your red text to either a purple or blue in matching the hue of the avatar... not the light blue... would be too obnoxious.

And if you need the hex codes on the colors and/or would like me to tweak any element of it more to your liking just send me an u2u... and/or if you prefer i could find a way to send you the psd file so you can edit it on your end. Whatever's more agreeable to you.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Maybe you can work with this ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a84febb79c0.jpeg[/atsimg]

You know, just in case.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

now that's what i call mastery in origami

I'll see what i can do gentlemen. This will be quite a challenge

...to be continued

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I'll see what i can do gentlemen. This will be quite a challenge

...to be continued

You're only encouraging him!!!!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Now that's illuminating on more then one level

Made a couple adjustments/tweaks so it reads better, thought it made more sense to have the skull face the posts... on your end, if you make the text a little darker blue... ideally 155f8f ...then you'll really be stylin

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/538f765afb6e.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 28-5-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8af2777647e9.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh My!!! How did I miss this??!

Excellent TASI

- Carrot

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Thanks for the updates and the color code...and fyi you have been getting compliments left and right for it...so perhaps I'll make this a bit more permanent...

-Blushes at Carrot-

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
A Belated Happy Birthday!
Hope it was a good one!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Happy Birthday old man

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What?

When?