It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only truth here; skeptics of reason need not click.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives

What worse ignorance than ignorance of the self?

Does that really make sense?

Gnothi Seauton, TheMythLives.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

Only if you can admit that I am in control of your thoughts. Is this what you believe?

You just realized that you totally did not make any sense their at all? If you were in control, we wouldn't be having this conversation...

I find it curious that you only mention Freud when speaking of ego and how little I know of psychology.

At least you realize that you do...

Why should I need to when you are perfectly comfortable arguing with yourself?

First of all I am not, I am obviously arguning and quoting you so I am not arguing by myself.

but if you think that I am, heres a solution:

stop posting, and let me really argue with myself.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Well If one has something to say they kind of need to say it. Instead of dancing around and avoiding questions asked. It appears that you are searching for answers to the questions asked instead of having the answers as one so enlightened as you should have. Just my opinion.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Yea, I know Latin too: Gnothi Seauton: Know Thy Self...funny one. Perhaps you should propose the same question to yourself...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You just realized that you totally did not make any sense their at all? If you were in control, we wouldn't be having this conversation...

Not to you, obviously. Is your ego so big that it creates absolutes of reality from the depths of self-ignorance?

At least you realize that you do...

At most, you realize that you don't.

First of all I am not, I am obviously arguning and quoting you so I am not arguing by myself.

but if you think that I am, heres a solution:

stop posting, and let me really argue with myself.

If I quit posting, there will be no self for you to argue with.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Yea, I know Latin too: Gnothi Seauton: Know Thy Self...funny one. Perhaps you should propose the same question to yourself...

Apparently you know Greek as well.

How admirable.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Not to you, obviously. Is your ego so big that it creates absolutes of reality from the depths of self-ignorance?

I wish I knew, but my ego doesn't exist...

At most, you realize that you don't

Makes no sense...

If I quit posting, there will be no self for you to argue with

lol, so your saying that you are me? Nice. So wrong, entirely wrong. Not just on a theoretical level but on a physical level....

I do and its not the language of the enlightened... theirs no such thing.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU

Well If one has something to say they kind of need to say it. Instead of dancing around and avoiding questions asked. It appears that you are searching for answers to the questions asked instead of having the answers as one so enlightened as you should have. Just my opinion.

If one has something to learn, then perhaps they should begin learning. There are no direct questions to be answered, only knowledge gained of the self.

Know yourself from your interactions with others, friend.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

lol, so your saying that you are me? Nice. So wrong, entirely wrong. Not just on a theoretical level but on a physical level....

I am your interaction with me, and you with I.

Sir, nearly every basic psychological concept I have mentioned to you you, you have dismantled it by fewer than 10 words.

I do and its not the language of the enlightened... theirs no such thing.

You're confusion of basic words is understood.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

It is hard to explain an experiance.. you would have to live through some things to really be able to understand, this is what can separate. If i let you hear my thoughts you may believe and you may not. I could cut you where i was cut... but in the end you may not survive.

Such a delicate balance of successes and failures. So much knowledge of physics can be gained by jumping off a cliff, but you need to survive to talk about it.

If the universe is infinite why bother in moving a small rock blocking an ants path back home? The ants are infinite as well as the pebbles. The reason i am alive is because I rejoice in the revealing of truth and dispise its covering.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Not to be intended as a response, merely an interesting factoid. In South Africa there is a philosophy called "Ubuntu", which is a humanist philosophy which states in part that one cannot see their own humanity until it is reflected back at them through the words and actions of others.

Thus, one cannot affirm their own humanity without another human to interact with.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I have not read all the post in this thread, normally I don't reply on topics that are of no interest to me, but I have something to say to you:

In your original post you sound like someone with MPD: "we..we..we". I'm saying this because a long time ago I sounded just like you, I sounded exactly the same in the way I build up my sentences and how I spoke to people. Back then I was a member of a cult (one I don't like to mention by name if you don't mind). The reason I sounded like this was because the ONLY thing I did was repeating what they had put in my head, it was taught behaviour and dictated words.... now those same words mean nothing to me.
I read your post and I read: "we... we... society..we...society... (repeat, repeat... etc")
I really hope I'm death wrong here, but if not then your 'society' is not healthy for you and you need to evaluate your thoughts and figure out if you are thinking for yourself, or, if someone else is dictating your thinking.

btw, I'm not comenting on your message here, like I said, I have no interest in the topic itself. feel free to U2U me if you like.

[edit on 14/5/2009 by GypsK]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I am trying to learn that is why I am here at ATS. That’s why I am here listening to the views of multiple people of different nationalities cultures and what not. The problem is the only thing you are teaching is I’m rubber you are glue what ever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you. The only thing that I have learned from your posts is this. You may suffer from a multitude of mental illnesses. Or you have been indoctrinated into believing what you are trying to enlighten us with.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Seem to be beside myself today. Sorry double post.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Sir, nearly every basic psychological concept I have mentioned to you you, you have dismantled it by fewer than 10 words.

Which means that I am not by myself, if you want me to argue with myself, then remove the you in the above sentence....

The second sentence you stated, I am not sure if its a compliment, but Thank You, since it seems to be that way.

You're confusion of basic words is understood

Um? How....

reply to post by Lasheic

Not to be intended as a response, merely an interesting factoid. In South Africa there is a philosophy called "Ubuntu", which is a humanist philosophy which states in part that one cannot see their own humanity until it is reflected back at them through the words and actions of others.

And? I have seen a pink dolphin, but I do not think it was anything special....

Thus, one cannot affirm their own humanity without another human to interact with.

Doubtful, have you ever heard of MPD? Anyway, Regular People (without a mental illness) do not really need others, to understand themselves...

[edit on May 14th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Which means that I am not by myself, if you want me to argue with myself, then remove the you in the above sentence....

... and what am I always, but a reflection in your mind? a counterweight for your thoughts? You may not wish to see it, but you are coming out through me, and I you in this thread.

The second sentence you stated, I am not sure if its a compliment, but Thank You, since it seems to be that way.

Again I see that you create imaginary pillars in the field of the mind.

Anyway, Regular People (without a mental illness) do not really need others, to understand themselves...

When alone on this world, who are you, and from where did you come?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

... and what am I always, but a reflection in your mind? a counterweight for your thoughts? You may not wish to see it, but you are coming out through me, and I you in this thread.

So wait your a reflection in my mind. Doubtful, I would never conjure such a reflection... A counter weight no, more like...whats the word.... a knat...

Again I see that you create imaginary pillars in the field of the mind.

Not sure how... Your imagaination created what you just saw as false. There....
This is a compliment:

And I stand by that assurtion...

When alone on this world, who are you, and from where did you come?

You are yourself, and you came from your mommies... well you know....

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU

You may suffer from a multitude of mental illnesses. Or you have been indoctrinated into believing what you are trying to enlighten us with.

What am I trying to enlighten you with?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I will begin with the most important lesson from the Society, and one that we are required, by oath, to spread when the appropriate convergence of conscientious normalization is illustrated within the circles of conspiracy. This is all a cycle, it has happened before, and it will happen again:

1) The NWO is an internalized concept.

It's nothing but a modern remnant of a human disposition, while in ignorance, to attribute various happenings to some omnipresent entity - be it a God, spirits, a secret society, or a megalithic, all encompassing NWO.

You aren't seeing the NWO fail as a real thing.

What you are beginning to experience is the death of ignorance in your very own mind. You are beginning to see the very idea of the NWO dying within your mind. You are reaching a critical breaking point of reasoning vs. paranoia that is revealing to you, in such a way to protect your ego from harm, that the NWO is a flawed concept, and one that your ego is beginning to reject.

Rationalization is occurring in the present stage and you are creating the artificially constructed downfall of the disease of your mind. You are reasoning and rationalizing the how and why, through the use of what you believe to be the most appropriate, of events which are in line to play out your own personal version of the downfall of the NWO. You are consciously, yet unknowingly projected ideas borne from your mind, onto the real world and seeing the interpretation play out.

Your own internal play of the NWOs (societal/governmental GOD in no short terms) existence is coming to an end. You are waking up from the ignorance that you've so long adhered to. You are beginning to see the light, and we, the Society of the Awakened, compel you to spread the message to those who are still basking in the bliss of ignorance and unknowing.[\quote]

Well that was the pupose of this thread to enlighten us about the NWO failing was just our ignorance of our minds. And now, apparently, without you there is no me the myth or anyone else that is in this thread that disagrees with you.

Lets not forget that we mere mortals are completely ignorant and you are trying to teach or ‘enlighten’ to your Societies indoctrination………er beliefs.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Anyway, Regular People (without a mental illness) do not really need others, to understand themselves...

Wow... man... wow.... way to show you're not an irrational ignorant or stereotype-level bigot by insulting the cherished philosophy of multiple cultures, half a continent, of people. Do you realize you just called (at LEAST) half of Africa "mentally ill". This has got to be troll/countertroll by now. I mean, I knew you were a little slow... but I can't believe you'd just tie your own noose and hang yourself like that.

Even if I was the one trolled by all this, I don't care. That comment alone was just.... priceless. I applaud you sir, truly. Either for your trolling aspirations or your perseverance for survival despite your handicap.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Lasheic]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join