It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only truth here; skeptics of reason need not click.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

"Of course, you can't see the idea, this is evident. "

I'm very relieved that I don't see your point. I would have to seek professional care immediately if I felt I did.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I don't know, it seems to me that you are a little condescending and arrogant. I'm not saying that I completely disagree with your post, I agree with parts of it,but maybe you should have chosen more appropriate words to express yourself.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

"Of course, you can't see the idea, this is evident. "

I'm very relieved that I don't see your point. I would have to seek professional care immediately if I felt I did.

How does it feel to kill the messenger?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

You get the last word here, I need to make sure my lawn is growing properly, so it bears watching.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
You already, turned my mind off. Well, you didn't personally do it. I actually shut it down. Apparenetly I am not a member of the "society" So being a skeptic i am already shut out.Thanks. You turned me off to your "truth". Get back to me when you learn to be more inclusive and less uh, devisive. Or not. It really won't matter. Peace and love to you.

Please forgive my spelling errors, or not.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by kyred]

Don't worry. You are only shut out now.

Your own natural progression toward reason will allow you to discover the society, and you will become a member.

All roads lead to Rome, my friend. One only needs to knock.

... but how can one knock when he is paranoid about the handle, scared to touch it, and afraid of what is behind the door?

"Reason, logic and proper evaluation is what leads us to the doors of the Society of the Awakened."

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I guess a true starting point for many will be Jan 1 2013 when that day is much like today (but a little colder
)....

I understand where the OP is coming from and heading, but I'm not joining his society anytime soon for no other reason than I don't like how he expresses his thoughts.

One day, the thought conceived will take precedence over the expression perceived.... for you.

Until then, the Society wishes you the best of times spending time concentrating on watching insults in the sand gently blow away in the breeze... as if they were ever important at all.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

One day, the thought conceived will take precedence over the expression perceived.... for you.

Well then conceive your thoughts better. And yes I do blame the messenger when the messenger does not want to provide the means to communicate. Remember, we did not come to you for advice or wisdom you came to us with your message, so it is your responsibility to ensure we understand it correctly, or else you are the one blowing in the wind talking to no one who can hear you.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Who is to say that your awake isn’t really asleep? Your claiming to know the truth, those who are asleep say the same. Who is right who is wrong. To think that there are no conspiracy that’s the first reason I would not join your Society. Oh can I join the society and still ignorantly believe the Earth is round. Your flat Earth belief has taken all your credibility away for me and I am sure others as well.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The conspiracies are all in your head.

--There are no governments that take power away from the people by coercion, force or threat of force.

--There is no media that black-lists certain stories, amps up fear on other stories and tries to divert attention will silly stories.

--There is no black-budget where trillions of dollars disappears.

--The banks did not stop lending money, thus causing a credit crunch leading to a world-wide recession.

--There is no swine-flu and there was no bird-flu.

The list of mass-hallucination induced non-conspiracies goes on and on.

I'm being sarcastic, of course.

Now personally, having studied conspiracies for awhile, I really don't care anymore. I understand the what's and why's of our modern world and it's all pretty dim-witted. Seeing this and realizing people will do what they will do, I stopped concerning myself with such things.

However, that doesn't mean they aren't there. No amount of pontification can remove objective reality except in one's own mind.

It's interesting and a good study to see how the smarter the individual the sneakier the ego is at hiding itself. I don't say this from some external vantage point either. I see it in myself as well. The difference is that I try not to feed that need of feeling self-importance.

The original post is full of self-importance masquerading (not too subtly) as a teacher's concern for their students. And, as is often the case, it blinds the individual to themselves.

The use of the capitalized term "Society" is somewhat clever also. It attempts to automatically give an air of authority to the words written. Thankfully though, it doesn't appear too many fall for it.

And the title of the thread, "There is only truth here", is the same as the bible saying that it's the word of God. It's a self-contained logic loop that ensures the pedestal on which someone has placed themselves, is not upset.

There is actually no way to speak to someone that puts themselves into that position because all resources will be used to ensure they continue to hold that position in their mind.

I've never obtained any meaningful dialogue from engaging with such persons although I've tried on many occasions. None the less, it helps me to better see my own slippery ego when I see it in action externally.

And that, in my opinion, is where the focus should be. We can't change another person and we shouldn't even want to try (it's extremely selfish). Instead, we should seek to allow everyone to be a mirror for us so that we can better see what it is within ourselves that we still need to work on.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

"Reason, logic and proper evaluation is what leads us to the doors of the Society of the Awakened."

Lucky for you it isn't syntax, semantics and avoidance of mixed metaphors, or you'd have been kicked out long ago. If you are this 'Society's communications expert, I don't think I'll be listening to the Enlightenment officer.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Superb!

Several paragraphs that go nowhere. I read it twice just to be sure.
It was like reading one of Grandpa Abe Simpson stories. I love these type of posts, where the OP belongs to a select group, so secret that no-one has heard of them, or know how many members there are (I'm guessing it hasn't made it into double figures yet), but not so secret that they don't post on a public forum

I honestly wasn't aware that there were so many of these groups out there!

Go on, I'll join your group! Will there be secret handshakes, magic rings, t-shirts?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Check out Logician Magician's Signature.

"Occam's Razor- William of Occam was one of the greatest logicians of the middle ages. He said"Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum". Translates to- "Entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity".

"Occam's Razor is the best suited for sophomores to cut their own throats with" - [email protected]. And is this our op? If not, certainly influenced by them.

"what eventually happens is the world suffers from complacent know it alls, until someone accidentally discovers something that breaks the extant theory balls in existance."

My advice would be ....DON'T BREAK YOUR "THEORY BALLS" OVER THIS ONE FOLKS.

To Logician Magician
10 out of 10 for entertainment value on the "I'm testing a device on myself, an alien in a dream" thread. LOL

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Remember, we did not come to you for advice or wisdom you came to us with your message, so it is your responsibility to ensure we understand it correctly, or else you are the one blowing in the wind talking to no one who can hear you.

It is not my intention to reveal information to those who will to not understand, which is why the message is purposefully unclear and my stance is repulsive to the ego.

"When the great scholar learns of the Society, he listens intently. When the average scholar hears of the Society, he may see beyond the surface. When the inferior scholar hears of the Society, he laughs loudly at it. Were it not ridiculed as such, it would not be worthy of it's name."

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

So the only way to know the truth is to be in the Society but no one can help you enter the Society you have to figure it out for yourself. So the only people who know about the Society are the members of the Society and they may not even know they are members because they have never heard of the Society. Have I covered it all?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

logicianmagician, I hope your society truly reveres the integral value of humor as a primary precept of its charter.

Sometimes it's useful to evalute awake vs. sleep-deprived. There are sometimes little gifts hidden there.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ok, nearly everyone on the boards know me so maybe I can help you out a bit.

The first error you made was this:

Fear not, my ignorant friends, for one day.... one day, you will become awakened to the source of your ignorance.

Firstly, my friends at the boards are not fans of being called ignorant. Perhaps you could of used a better terminology, like sheep or something nicer, ignorant not the greatest choice of words.

Secong Mistake:

We don't judge you. No, we don't... but we do understand you.

You have already judged them. I am sure you will deny this, but its the truth an dthen you say that we understand you. No, no, no you do not understand them, because you do not know them. You have knowledge of them, but not understanding.

Third mistake:

Rationalization is occurring in the present stage and you are creating the artificially constructed downfall of the disease of your mind.

Disease and mind, leads to negative energy, especially if one of them actually has a brain disease or disorder. Vocabulary is an upmost necessity. Also Rationalization, is in fact what the NWO want you to have. If you rationalize than no outside influence and outside of the box ideas, which lead to confinment and imprisonment of the mind. Now everyday people have a balance of rationalization and imagination, which is what we should have. Thats what we were designed for.

mistake 4:

You are consciously, yet unknowingly projected ideas borne from your mind, onto the real world and seeing the interpretation play out.

Now interpretation and perception are too things. Not sure which one you meant, but thought projection is also an impossibility. In the fact that it cannot be mixed with Interpretation and Perception. They are three different things that cannot mixed together.

Mistake 5:

Your own internal play of the NWOs (societal/governmental GOD in no short terms) existence is coming to an end. You are waking up from the ignorance that you've so long adhered to.

Why do enlightened people attack God? God has nothing to do with it..lol.. I always find that humorus. Again you use the word ignorance, STOP..lol..

Mistake 6:

You are beginning to see the light, and we, the Society of the Awakened, compel you to spread the message to those who are still basking in the bliss of ignorance and unknowing.

Ignorance again, chill out. The society of the awakend, that is very interesting. Because awakened people would not have to sink SO LOW as to attack what people believe and call them ignorant. Awakened people would work with them instead of blatanley attacking them. I for one was not bloody flattered....

Mistake 7:

For we will always go with you, fellow human.

The way you worded this bothered me, it appears that you seem you are higher than us. Higher than humans, even though you added fellow. This could have been viewed as hostile. I didn't like it.

After reading many of your posts you continue to use the word ignorance. You my friend are far from enlightened, those who believe to be enlightened are fools and you are exactly what the NWO want. They want people to feel enlightened. You are far from it. People today will never reach the full extent of enlightenment, especially full enlightenment. Its impossible, we are to far off. Becoming awakened is also impossible. We can become aware of our situation, but awaken would suggest that we are fully awake every minute which is not possible. All our minds travel to different conclusions and different attention spand and what not.

You and your society need to think long and hard about this question:

How are we not enlightened?

That will help you out a lot and maybe make you and your society aware to other peoples feelings and logic.

enlightenment/awakened
that was a good one.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

It is not my intention to reveal information to those who will to not understand, which is why the message is purposefully unclear and my stance is repulsive to the ego.

it would appear that it is your intention, nay, your goal, to convince us that you know something that we do not.

I would guess, but I'm not a pro, that you would like to teach all of us lost souls what is really happening out there.

let me be the first to say I'm not interested

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Mirrorshade]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
TheMythLives.

excellent post

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives

I see that the words hit you hard. Your ego is insulted and bruised. You don't like them. Your resort is to judge others, by seeing good and bad; like and dislike; right and wrong...

Your mind is too far solidified to understand.

The Society seeks only those who see the wavering and wandering of the supple mind. The ego gladly accepts any gift - an insult, a criticism, whatever it takes to make it's existence known... and always returns the gift in turn. The messages we share are hidden inside words which the ego does not see as gifts, and is unwilling to accept.

Only those whose minds can ride good and evil like a cork over a flowing river...

Until then, my ignorant friend: Enjoy your gifts and consider this:

"If someone offers you a gift, and you decline to accept it, to whom does the gift belong?"

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I see that the words hit you hard. Your ego is insulted and bruised. You don't like them. Your resort is to judge others, by seeing good and bad; like and dislike; right and wrong...

I actually find this laughable, you actually believe you hurt my feelings..lol.. I just made that post because you insulted, belittled and basically made fun of peoples beliefs.

I also find it funny that you said I judge others, I didn't judge you did. I just stated the facts, but if you consider that judging your not even close to enlightened.

Your mind is too far solidified to understand

Look whos talking.... Your not even willing to consider people's thoughts, beliefs, and worst of all your are not even being rational.

The Society seeks only those who see the wavering and wandering of the supple mind. The ego gladly accepts any gift - an insult, a criticism, whatever it takes to make it's existence known... and always returns the gift in turn. The messages we share are hidden inside words which the ego does not see as gifts, and is unwilling to accept.

You think I have an ego? Ask any moderator, ask any member, if TheMythLives has a bloody ego. They will say no.

By the way, the ego is the person. Freuds assumptions, although he was brilliant are fatally flawed in many ways. The ego does not make the person, your understanding of psychology and sociological standards are completely wrong. Nice try though mate.

Until then, my ignorant friend: Enjoy your gifts and consider this:

"If someone offers you a gift, and you decline to accept it, to whom does the gift belong?"

Its like... hmmmm..... you really do not get it do you?

I assume your ego is too big for your mind, therefore it has moved into your brain and cerebellum, and perhaps even your back bone and heart. You cannot accept what others believe you are LOST not enlightened or awake. And to prove this your psychology is simple to describe.

When you are questioned with the truth from your own mouth and it is presented you run and call others ignorant. You retreat in your body where your ego thrives and where it is built up into a strong hold. The only way you know how to attack is through verbality.

Also the answer to your question is: The one who bought the bloody gift.

Anyway, I attempted to aid you. I showed you how you rubbed people the wrong way, yet you take criticism as an act of war. Which doesn't make sense.

You are not enlightened and you are not awake. You are lost in your ego....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join