It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus walking on water really a "miracle"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I've seen discussions about Jesus being lifted behind the clouds which could have been a UFO beaming him up, but could it have been a USO that kept him above water when he performed the walking on water "miracle". If I recall, Jesus called out one of his disciples to get out of the boat and walk on water with him. He told him to believe. The disciple was walking on water for a few seconds before losing his faith and becoming scared, then he fell into the water. Now call me paranoid, but how did someone who was afraid to begin with walk on water for just a few seconds?? I'm sure there's lots of people on earth that wouldn't be afraid and have faith that they actually think they could walk on water for just a few seconds, but no one has been able to do it to my knowledge. Could it have been that a USO was keeping the disciple up, and then when it detected fear, it stopped supporting him?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by doorbell412

The disciple was walking on water for a few seconds before losing his faith and becoming scared, then he fell into the water.

So, wait...

The USO used its "emotion" sensor/beam/thingy and picked up on the disciples 'lack of faith' and pulled the plug..?

Or maybe Jesus as well as the story of him walking on water, are just inflated myths at best...

Now call me paranoid

Spot on...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29

Or maybe Jesus as well as the story of him walking on water, are just inflated myths at best...

think you hit the nail on the head mate

when was Jesus an alien though? did i miss something

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I've always had a theory that if Jesus was real, he could have been from the future and planted back in time with "miracles" to see how we would document it and explain it. Could be a sick experiment, global hoax or dude could be the son of God and had "magic powers",

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The thing you have to remember is that there was no TV or Media in those days, so if you introduce an illusion or trick they would consider it a "Miracle." If you watch an illusionist nowadays you think "Wow that is amazing..." but when they reveal how they did it you think "Aww thats lame..."

Im guessing "Jesus" was walking on a Shallow Lake. Which is basically a lake which is only a foot or two deep and could extend for miles possibly kilometers.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I think the disciple plunged down because he - as the scripture says- lost faith.
It is like someone going out and balancing on a string or a fence with closed eyes and doing quite okay, but as soon as he opens his eyes, his senses are being overwhelmed and he looses balance.

I think the same thing happened to the disciple. If Jesus was part ET,(His father ARE a Cosmic being, whether you consider him to be THE God or an Alien) then knowledge about things such as Levitation could have been natural skills to him. However, not to others, although he apparently managed to learn the disciple smaller parts of the act.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Well even if it wasn't a miracle, there's still countless others to fall back on. So what's your point?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Hey Darth...

The OP combined alien assumptions with religion...

I tried to put both in context...so, no claim here that 'jesus' was an alien. Though there may be a more valid argument in that regards, than 'jesus' being the only son of some narcissistic, omnipotent dude that demands a tithe...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29

For your sake, you better hope so.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yeah, Jesus was walking on an unidentified sugmerge object. And when he cured the blind, he performed a laser surgery with a little laser up his sleeves. Also when he multiplied the fish and the bread, he called Scotty to beam him down fish/bread from a food replicator.

Your thread should have started with ''What if...''

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Please do not mold the world to fit one idea.

If you have to break physics and all rules, to support one idea. There is a huge flaw in your idea.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
self censorship (with influence) edit!

[edit on 5/11/2009 by chapter29]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I think the story is another allusion to the Sun. In this particular story, after a rough storm at sea the Sun is rising at the dawn of a new day and it is "walking on the water" for a brief time as you view it coming up over the horizon. You have to remember these people had a different way of looking at the world and communicating.

One could say that a newborn infant is walking on the water as it enters into the world after developing in the womb. Water has always been associated with life and birth.

If you take the human population in whole as being "the water" then you can understand the religious stories held in the human's mind are "walking on water" similar to the way these words you are reading are walking on electricity. The information is held in the medium. It is held up, or supported, by the medium.

There are probably additional mystical meanings hidden in the occult philosophies and communication systems.

These old stories are carrying information beyond the literal. For example, when somebody says "the Yankees murdered the Red Sox" they mean the Yankees scored a lot more runs and won by a wide margin, not that they actually murdered the Red Sox players and left them lifeless.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Jesus was an alien.
Jesus was an alien.
Jesus was an alien.
Jesus was an alien.
Jesus was an alien.
Jesus was an alien.

I'm serious.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jigore
Yeah, Jesus was walking on an unidentified sugmerge object. And when he cured the blind, he performed a laser surgery with a little laser up his sleeves. Also when he multiplied the fish and the bread, he called Scotty to beam him down fish/bread from a food replicator.

Your thread should have started with ''What if...''

Isn't all that JUST as believable as he was the son of God, born of a virgin birth, walked on water, died for 3 days and was resurected to be brought up to heaven????

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What about Criss Angel, the magician? he walked on water, and I honestly couldn't find any signs of hoaxing.

Debunkers can scream hidden cables, invisible boxes (lol), glass under the pool, a helicopter above (rofl), but seeing this video, I am floored.

Maybe one does need faith

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
With the Chris Angel thing occams razor could be used to cut the wires holding him up and hopefully the throats of the paid goons that where clapping like seals during the fake show
He really does my nut in as its not enough to see the tacky stuff he does but we also get the wide eyed roustabouts blabbering to the camera afterwards. P.s I have said on many threads that to comment on the bible and argue the cases in point is a long road with no end and no friendly faces. You could never and will never be able to prove or disprove while you are alive the things written in it so I have no interest in doing so.

new topics

top topics

join