It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetosphere Watch Thread - Pictures - Latest Information -

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Shes trusts NASA when they say something that helps her prove her "point"

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Yeah i know, but just incase anyone has forgotten.

With that in mind - I DID NOT make up saying the "biggest ever" and I also don't believe NASA and govt. run space agencies.

SO - the point is - NASA LIES ALL THE TIME!! Why would I believe what they have to say - ALSO why wouldn't I believe someone who is NOT PART OF NASA? Who has NOTHING to gain? Where as NASA and the govt. has A LOT TO LOSE!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Im just saying, its not only NASA too its anything with the word .gov in the site.
So can we assume that the information you have posted regarding NASA or any other site using gov run technology to measure anything is just all lies and is therefore null and void?

[edit on 5-8-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
A little reminder about the Breach which took scientist by surprise.

link:
science.nasa.gov...

This breach was in Dec. 2008

"The opening was huge—four times wider than Earth itself," says Wenhui Li, a space physicist at the University of New Hampshire who has been analyzing the data. Li's colleague Jimmy Raeder, also of New Hampshire, says "1027 particles per second were flowing into the magnetosphere—that's a 1 followed by 27 zeros. This kind of influx is an order of magnitude greater than what we thought was possible."

The event began with little warning when a gentle gust of solar wind delivered a bundle of magnetic fields from the Sun to Earth. Like an octopus wrapping its tentacles around a big clam, solar magnetic fields draped themselves around the magnetosphere and cracked it open. The cracking was accomplished by means of a process called "magnetic reconnection." High above Earth's poles, solar and terrestrial magnetic fields linked up (reconnected) to form conduits for solar wind. Conduits over the Arctic and Antarctic quickly expanded; within minutes they overlapped over Earth's equator to create the biggest magnetic breach ever recorded by Earth-orbiting spacecraft.

The size of the breach took researchers by surprise. "We've seen things like this before," says Raeder, "but never on such a large scale. The entire day-side of the magnetosphere was open to the solar wind."

The circumstances were even more surprising. Space physicists have long believed that holes in Earth's magnetosphere open only in response to solar magnetic fields that point south. The great breach of June 2007, however, opened in response to a solar magnetic field that pointed north.

So, it takes scientist by surprise?

In other words our magnetosphere has some kind of problems to keep being breached.

Here is why they can't believe their ears: The solar wind presses against Earth's magnetosphere almost directly above the equator where our planet's magnetic field points north. Suppose a bundle of solar magnetism comes along, and it points north, too. The two fields should reinforce one another, strengthening Earth's magnetic defenses and slamming the door shut on the solar wind. In the language of space physics, a north-pointing solar magnetic field is called a "northern IMF" and it is synonymous with shields up!

"So, you can imagine our surprise when a northern IMF came along and shields went down instead," says Sibeck. "This completely overturns our understanding of things."

Northern IMF events don't actually trigger geomagnetic storms, notes Raeder, but they do set the stage for storms by loading the magnetosphere with plasma. A loaded magnetosphere is primed for auroras, power outages, and other disturbances that can result when, say, a CME (coronal mass ejection) hits.

The years ahead could be especially lively. Raeder explains: "We're entering Solar Cycle 24. For reasons not fully understood, CMEs in even-numbered solar cycles (like 24) tend to hit Earth with a leading edge that is magnetized north. Such a CME should open a breach and load the magnetosphere with plasma just before the storm gets underway. It's the perfect sequence for a really big event."

Sibeck agrees. "This could result in stronger geomagnetic storms than we have seen in many years."

So, for those who keep saying "nothing to see here and move along" -

Sure - whatever - in the mean time I will continue as I have done - watch the magnetosphere and continue to put pictures up of abnormalities.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

You go, girl!!!!!

Now please answer my question(s)....

Peace

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
So, for those who keep saying "nothing to see here and move along" -

Sure - whatever - in the mean time I will continue as I have done - watch the magnetosphere and continue to put pictures up of abnormalities.

God forbid you engage in some healthy intellectual debate/discussion and analysis of what you are posting, with those on ATS who either don't agree with you or hang on your every word as if it were gospel.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I dont want to be left out either.

Please answer my question too.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Since you are so trustworthy of government agencies now. Here is the latest forecast discussion from the SWPC

IIA. Geophysical Activity Summary 04/2100Z to 05/2100Z: The geomagnetic field was quiet to unsettled.

IIB. Geophysical Activity Forecast: The geomagnetic field is expected to be mostly quiet to unsettled with a slight chance for isolated active periods on day one (06 August) due to effects of a recurring coronal hole. Quiet conditions are expected on days two and three (07 - 08 August).

The activity summary from today was quiet to unsettled. They mention nothing about any abnormalities. Im sure they have been watching the magnetosphere a lot longer then you and if todays activity was weird they would mention it.

The Perseids is coming up so i cant wait until your next thread. "A news website no one has ever heard of and a guy with a large telescope predicts the perseids to cause massive quakes and the country of Ireland to fly off on comet swift-tuttle"

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
This breach was in Dec. 2008

Incorrect. The event occurred in June of 2007.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I have found this thread interesting, but it would be moreso if I did not have to fight my way through the snide remarks, sarcasm and rudeness on this board. You've made your point. It was overkill several pages back.

The OP has put a lot of work in this thread and there are those of us who are trying to enjoy reading it. If you don't mind.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

It would be nice if you were to direct your statement at an actual member and not "trow" it out there so that anybody may feel adressed....

But i could understand that you are talking to me.....

Sorry to ruin your fun but i'm adressing the OP about the information she is giving. Is that such a no-no in this thread??

Peace

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I have found this thread interesting, but it would be moreso if I did not have to fight my way through the snide remarks, sarcasm and rudeness on this board. You've made your point. It was overkill several pages back.

The OP has put a lot of work in this thread and there are those of us who are trying to enjoy reading it. If you don't mind.

The OP continues to just completely ignore anyone who disagrees with her or presents facts contrary to the point which she is trying to make. The OP deserves any and all snide remarks, sarcasm, and rudeness from other members on ATS who she simply chooses to never respond to and acts as though they do not exist (like myself).

I could give a rats a$$ less how much time the OP has put into this thread, she has filled it with fallacies and half-truths, and refuses to reply to those who don't agree with her, or shower her with compliments.

The OP would probably get a lot less of this if she were able to communicate like a mature adult.....OR
saved these types of threads for Web Forums like GLP, where this type of garbage is gladly accepted by the majority.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Paroxysm]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

This is not a blog. This is a forum. People have the right to say what they want. The OP posted things that are false and when people attempt to correct her she calls them immature and ignores anything they say. So i could understand if you are calling her remarks snide and rude. But i pose a question to you. Are you reading this for the information or are you reading it for the comedic value? Because to take what she says as truth is not a good idea when a super majority of this site disagrees with her and has scientific proof on there side.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Cruxshadows]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

It would be nice if you were to direct your statement at an actual member and not "trow" it out there so that anybody may feel adressed....

Ah, now you wish to also tell me what to say, and how to post! Thanks anyway.

As to my response to your comment, I figured you would know who you are and I see I was correct. Ahh, and it's so sweet how you guys are starring everything the other one says. That makes it seem worthwhile!

Peace.

[edit on 8/5/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
*snip* make a new thread about this bs.

now yes they are forcasting minimal flares today, but if you notice that the satelite has been down since july 28th due to the high gain antenna malfunctioning. so not all info has been getting to them.

what the magnetoshere is showing is not the norm, but i do not believe it is anything to worry about.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/5/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by onpoint

What is "the norm" anyways? Now if this was the first time this has ever happened to the Magnetosphere then i would say this is weird. But the fact that the OP posted pictures in the FIRST post of this thread showing the same thing happening back in March i wouldn't say its really abnormal either. Not only that, The thread Phage posted proves that this has happened before and also explains WHY its happening. Besides there is more then just SOHO up there monitoring the sun. There is also...
Hinode - JAXA Solar Observatory
STEREO - Solar Terresterestial Observatory
SDO - Solar Dynamics Observatory
GOES - Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite

SOHO has been up there for 14 years and was only designed to last 5. Its the size of a school bus. For comparison the STEREO satellites are the size of Golf Carts. So yes, In its old age its going to go down from time to time.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Ah, now you wish to also tell me what to say, and how to post! Thanks anyway.

Huh, this just keeps getting weirder. Is it my lack of communicational skills or did i end up in some really weird twighlight-thread...??

I did not tell you what to do, i mearly pointed out that you posted what seemed to be a reply...

You've made your point. It was overkill several pages back.

Who is "you" in this post when you are not saying to whom you are replying. That's all. Just making you aware of this little glitch. Sorry for helping out!!!

As to my response to your comment, I figured you would know who you are and I see I was correct.

This is making absolutly no sence at all, i think???

Ahh, and it's so sweet how you guys are starring everything the other one says. That makes it seem worthwhile!

Peace.

Yeah, actually it does!!! It gives me the notion that i'm not the only one thinking about this the way i do. I believe that's what the star-system is for!!!

Peace

oh ps:

The OP has put a lot of work in this thread and there are those of us who are trying to enjoy reading it.

Just read in between the logic, you should be fine

If you don't mind.

Not at all!! Do you??

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The personal commentary ends now.

Contribute to the discussion on topic or do not contribute at all.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

oh *snip*, i just noticed your U2U.....thanks

Disregard this post...

[edit on 5/8/2009 by operation mindcrime]

[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread51374/pg1]Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.[/url

[edit on 8/5/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
See you cant say this thread is full of 'snide comments'. Thats really the only time the mods pay any attention, most comments or questions to the OP are perfectly valid if not they get taken down, probably as it should be. But the OP refuses to even discuss a different possibility let alone acknowledge one and that is not what this website is about i believe, you know the whole critical thinking, deny ignorance and more importantly DONT under any circumstances feed the trolls.
People just want the facts and to know what is going on, but you cant just say when shown the facts 'i dont believe in that, la la la la la la la la i'm not listening' thats just acting like a child, sure it may be an interesting read but it does not make it gospel.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join