It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified objects in South London right now. Any help guys?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
Interesting, they look sorta like the power generating kites they're working on at the mo -although we're far to far away for any reasonable analysis, i would assume some kind of kite or tethered platform it just such a shame you couldn't get closer to try and investigate

Good idea, I just checked them out, but they don't appear to be the same thing. The things in the picture moved like a slowl snake or worm, wiggle wiggle.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ablue07
I've seen these big balloons called sky tubes before they're used for advertising they are usually about 6 to 8 feet long and are tethered to the ground. That's about all I can drag up if you could drive or ride over to where you would be under them you could find out what they are then....but they do look rather far away..... Good luck friend and thanks for posting.

Hi, thanks, sky tubes seems very close.

But I think they don't look as flexible as what I saw, as snake like, if you know what I mean?

[edit on 9-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Here's a video of a snake kite.

The problem with that kite is that it doesn't seem to go even close to as high as the thing I saw, plus it moves around faster and more chaotic.

Anyone know how high a kite can really go?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Its height is limited to the wind and the string or fishing line, oh lets not forget the person holding it, but after a while it does tend to get scary.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

Its height is limited to the wind and the string or fishing line, oh lets not forget the person holding it, but after a while it does tend to get scary.

Yeah. You know I wish I had a bike, then this mystery would have gotten solved

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Anyone know how high a hite can really go?

Lots of info on kites, in general!:

en.wikipedia.org...

In urban areas there is usually a ceiling on how high a kite can be flown, to prevent the kite and line infringing on the airspace of helicopters and light aircraft.

Some more tips on flying kites:

www.gombergkites.com...
Never fly near airports or high enough to reach airplanes.

It does not give an altitude, but I assume it must be quite high!

[edit on 5/9/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I would take another walk down there, try to get a closer pic and post it again. maybe instead of taking a walk, you could go for a jog

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
well if there not kites could they be Police UAVs?
Its realy hard to see what they are in the photos,but thanks anyway for going out there again and taking the snaps!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thanks.

I'm starting to doubt that's they were kites now. And all those other multiple black dot objects I saw keeps me confused.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

ah sorry, u look at the ones with the turbine in? I meant the ones which are like the tide generator snake thing, the wind blows through and around them like a tunnel causing them to do the worm wiggle motion u describe which generates current much better than the rotational kind in theory -i'm not sure that anyone has properly finished and working prototypes yet alone a production version yet but maybe your video proves differently?

or more likely it could be one of the more common wiggly kites mentioned above, would love to see some clear video though - that bit of london looks so leafy you must be almost in the garden rite? i wonder if anyone else in that area spotted them too?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by raz24400
I would take another walk down there, try to get a closer pic and post it again. maybe instead of taking a walk, you could go for a jog

Yeah they are gone now

And I jogged there

The problem also was when I get into lower level into the streets, I could not see them, only on the hill, which makes me think they were quite far away.

The only thing I could do it keep going in the general direction and hope to see it.

If I do see it again, I'll do that just for the fun of it, and of course to solve the mystery

And if it is a kite or something, I'll get some good close up pictures

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

Oh ok thanks, I'll try and look for some info on it.

Yeah in London there are some nice open areas and parks with nice fields and trees etc. It helps balance out the usual busy streets and noisy people.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

hehe yeah i sorta work in London i did hear that rummor
I meant are you down towards kent, u know the garden of london? i was just wondering if you could give us a slightly more precise location of the objects?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

I'm near croydon, Mitcham, streatham, you could say between all of them haha.

I'm not sure I want to give exact location on a map thou, I'm sure you guys understand

I stay in clapham Junction area sometimes too. But that's off topic haha.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Here's a problem with the kite theory - you mentioned some of them flew away.. Kites don't usually do that

Also:

Originally posted by NatureBoy

hehe yeah i sorta work in London i did hear that rummor
I meant are you down towards kent, u know the garden of london? i was just wondering if you could give us a slightly more precise location of the objects?

Hmm, I wonder - what is the rumor you heard? Something about a team of scientists testing a new type of free energy kites, or more in the area of First Contact
Would be pretty cool if we had the first images for a sighting with multiple individuals.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

What a relief to see some pic's and video for a change. What ever they are, nice job on the "evidence". Starred and Flagged for your effort.
It's a shame there isn't another member in your area, that could help clarify. Good luck!!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Interesting, points go to the OP for actually taking pictures.

However, I think they sorta looks like kites.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Pepper

What a relief to see some pic's and video for a change. What ever they are, nice job on the "evidence". Starred and Flagged for your effort.
It's a shame there isn't another member in your area, that could help clarify. Good luck!!

Yeah thanks, I've been here for quite a while, I don't wanna be one of those people who make a thread, but avoid questions, or keep things a mystery, I'm just honestly curious.
-----------------------------------------
Thanks Frontkeeper.

I'm going out jogging again, if I see something like these objects again, I'll travel there to solve the mystery

Because seriously, how many threads do we have were people actually find out what the object is? It's very rare!

[edit on 10-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Good one ! At least you got the pictures to begin with, no matter what anyone else says. We dont always have the luxury of a poised camera when these times present themselves; not to mention one with telephoto lens!
Weather you just make a sighting and tell someone; or even if you photograph it, you'll still have to fight to have your point of view accepted.
I find individuals are noramally sooo conditioned into believing that everything is a farce before they see it - I just give-up.
Who cares if anyone does think its a bonafide Ufo- hey, you can only leed a horse to water!
The question is: Do you think its an anomaly? Looking at stills is one thing, seeing the object in flight is another. make up your own mind, be your own critic, sceptics are like sand on the beach, but so are fraudsters!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

Haha thanks for the comment, very good points.

I never like to judge or make my mind up before investigating more.

What I was thinking when I saw it was total confusion "What is that?" "that looks so weird?"

The snake looking things might be some really high kites, who knows. But if the snake things were not there, then the moving multiple dots would look more like the typical ufo, but of course the snake things were confusing me, if it was not a kite, it seemed more like a creature lol.

The more I looked at it, I still couldn't figure it out haha.

But I'm leaning towards something normal, because it must have been there for a long time, if it was a ufo, I'm sure we would have heard something in the news right?

[edit on 10-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join