It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   
[Edited on 21-5-2004 by megoquest]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The reptilian one "V", is closer to the truth, in respect to our reality and space-time locator. How did we beat the aliens in "V"?

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
How did we beat the aliens in "V"?

Revolution-Resistance and some kind of red dust if I am not mistaken.

Vive La Resistance!

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I just bought and watched V the original mini series... however it was only about 3 -4 hours long, I remember the original being much longer than that.

Was this made into a weekly series for a while ?

Yes, I also recall that they were defeated by resistance and some "foriegn" material that "hurt" the reptiles...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
One must wonder, how would you apply any foreign material to a reptile if he won't come out of his UFO

People don't like to see themselves lose to aliens in movies, because people like happy ending, and they define happy only if THEY win. However, reality is not all about humans winning, is it now? This idealistic anticipation that our prince in shining armor, our SAVIOR will hop in at the last moment and SAVE MANKIND! Why? Because we're special, because God loves us! He doesn't love the aliens, he loves us!

What about when we invade each other's countries and destroy/plunder/murder millions, where is THEIR savior? ... No comment.

One thing is wishful thinking, another is reality. I'm bringing this up to point out that although some movies begin with a realistic approach: We are faced with an alien civilization that is so far in advance of ours, we look like ants in comparison. Then those movies tend to finish with an unrealistic approach: We sprinkle magic dust and they go away.

Although EVERY system has a weakness, some weaknesses are not exploitable due to restrictions on the part of those who wish to exploit them. For example, if our TANKS have a weakness in their wheels: You blow up the wheels, the tank stops moving, you can probably destroy it then, it doesn't mean that if all the pigs of the world decided to unite against manking, they could EXPLOIT the weakness in our tanks!

Weakness yes, but exploitation of same by us is under a huge question mark!

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   

One must wonder, how would you apply any foreign material to a reptile if he won't come out of his UFO

members of the resistance would go into the UFO's and there were plenty of "them" who were working out in public..... so they got attacked that way.

If memory serves me... didn't they eventually put the "whatever it was" into the UFO's or something to that effect ?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   

The reptilian one "V", is closer to the truth, in respect to our reality and space-time locator. ..

Excuse my ignorance, but can you share your insight as to what the "truth" is? Thanks.

Curiously yours

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The truth is the truth! Wait about 5 years to come face to face with it, or discover now.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by megoquest
Has anyone noticed that after Spielberg produced the movie "ET", everyone loved the little meat-loaf head space alien who came to Earth looking for plants.

It's science fiction. Since the 1930's, we've had a lot of stories about aliens. Sometimes they're good, sometimes they're bad.

I have read somewhere that the Regan administration with some ex-CIA directors supported the "V" tv series.

Source? I haven't seen this one before, and it sounds a bit far-fetched. Not many of that type watch any scifi. They're more likely to be into Robbins and spy novels.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

members of the resistance would go into the UFO's and there were plenty of "them" who were working out in public..... so they got attacked that way.

If memory serves me... didn't they eventually put the "whatever it was" into the UFO's or something to that effect ?

This is correct. The "red dust" was a chemical agent that was highly toxic to the aliens, but neutral to humans. They used crop dusters & hot air balloons to spread the dust on Earth and members of the resistance were able to get jobs with the aliens (the whole series had a very Nazi-Germany feel to it) and used their positions to spread the dust on the spaceships. FYI - I loved this series.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
What about this new series, "Taken", are the aliens bad in that one (bad as in not respecting humans and their evolution, but rather selfish instead)? And I thought "V" was a movie? So it was like "Taken" then, just a mini-series with many unique episodes, with a unique story in each episode? Like "The X-Files"?

I think Taken is about grays, while "V" is apparently about reptilians. Now, does "V" go hand in hand with David Icke's claims, in regards to shape shifting and all? Did they turn into humans etc? This mini-series is beginning to sound really interesting...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

What about this new series, "Taken", are the aliens bad in that one (bad as in not respecting humans and their evolution, but rather selfish instead)? And I thought "V" was a movie? So it was like "Taken" then, just a mini-series with many unique episodes, with a unique story in each episode? Like "The X-Files"?
No, it started as a mini-series and then evolved into a full blown series.

I think Taken is about grays, while "V" is apparently about reptilians. Now, does "V" go hand in hand with David Icke's claims, in regards to shape shifting and all? Did they turn into humans etc? This mini-series is beginning to sound really interesting...
Yes it is very interesting. The aliens in V did not shape shift. They were reptillians. However, when they first appeared on Earth they looked human. Later in the show you find out the they were all just wearing really good masks. It was on the Sci-Fi channel for a while, so you may be able to catch it there still. I'm sure it'll be out on DVD if it isn't already.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by megoquest
I have read somewhere that the Regan administration with some ex-CIA directors supported the "V" tv series.
Any links or further information besides "I read somewhere"?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The reptilian one "V", is closer to the truth, in respect to our reality and space-time locator.
For something to be truth it must first be PROVEN to be true...do you have PROOF of this truth?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

The truth is the truth! Wait about 5 years to come face to face with it, or discover now.
What's it like...ya know...to be paranoid and all?

I believe back in the beginning of 1988 quite a large portion of the Christian world told people "You just wait...Jesus is coming back this year and you'll understand Gods power then!"...he didn't, of course, come back...so what did the Christian world do to recover from this mistake of theirs?

"HE'S COMING BACK IN A FEW YEARS SO YOU BETTER BE READY CAUSE YOU'RE GOING TO REGRET YOUR WORDS!"

Don't make silly claims about aliens coming in 5 years...that's just a way of copping out because you know nobody on this board will know or care about you in 5 years and you'll be safe from embarrassment.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You can get a DVD which contains the Feature Length Pilot and the 1st Episode.

My nephew recorded all the series and still has them on VHS.

Apparently there are plans to bring the whole series to DVD, although no dates has been given.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Preest

The reptilian one "V", is closer to the truth, in respect to our reality and space-time locator.
For something to be truth it must first be PROVEN to be true...do you have PROOF of this truth?

For something to be true, it doesn't have to be proven, but it won't be RECOGNIZED as truth until the individual acquires enough "evidence" and decides that it's enough! However, the amount of evidence that one needs depends on the person! Some people look at UFO pictures and decide that UFO's exist, because the picture prove it. Others think ALL UFO pictures are hoaxes, or just people confusing things for UFO's. Theory of relativity isn't proven either, this is why it's still a theory, although there's much evidence that it is true, at least in part.

However, when enough evidence is collected from observation of objective reality, and then connected to other previously unexplained events, and you see that it fits like a jigsaw puzzle in a larger context, you can be reasonably sure that this is at least very PROBABLE, if not 100% guaranteed. Therefore, I have enough evidence (logical, experiential, etc) to make the conjecture that humans are bread like chickens on a farm and that our energy is being used as food for our controllers. Whether our controllers are REPTILIANS remains under question, but one thing is certain: We are an experiment, and utilized as food for our invisible masters.

This is certain if you pay attention to the signs, to history, to current events, think about the universe and its existance. For example, just by thinking about the universe, you can easily come to the conclusion that not only are we not alone in the universe, but other intelligence is well aware of our presense, and has ALWAYS been aware of our presense. If you understand that, you then begin to question, well why haven't we "met" this intelligence yet? Then you consider the human interactions throughout history, you consider different unseen forces that can be DETECTED through vigilance and observations that play out in our every day lives and events.

The point: If you keep an open mind, stay objective, and do research as you attempt to UNDERSTAND (not create your own reasons) reality, and learn to SEE what others choose to ignore and "shove under the rug", you begin to become aware of a whole different reality, the reality that is unseen by most. In fact, you then become aware of things that you never even imagined were possible or could possibly even exist on our tiny little planet. So would you like proof of my statements? There is no such thing as proof period! Only "enough evidence" to convince someone, or "not enough evidence". I have discovered enough evidence to give a very high probability to my statements, and I'll be glad to share my sources with you, but you must be willing to put in the EFFORT to seek the truth. The truth cannot be forced on you, it must be sought, it is the only way to find it. Did someone prove to you that 2+2=4 before you realised this? Do you think someone CAN prove it to you, if you do not wish to put in the effort to UNDERSTAND it? The only way you can understand something, is if you TRY to understand it. Nothing can be proven to you without your desire to KNOW, and effort to find out and understand, nothing!

Ask, and you shall receive. Receive without asking, and you shall be deceived.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

For something to be true, it doesn't have to be proven, but it won't be RECOGNIZED as truth until the individual acquires enough "evidence" and decides that it's enough! However, the amount of evidence that one needs depends on the person! Some people look at UFO pictures and decide that UFO's exist, because the picture prove it. Others think ALL UFO pictures are hoaxes, or just people confusing things for UFO's. Theory of relativity isn't proven either, this is why it's still a theory, although there's much evidence that it is true, at least in part.

However, when enough evidence is collected from observation of objective reality, and then connected to other previously unexplained events, and you see that it fits like a jigsaw puzzle in a larger context, you can be reasonably sure that this is at least very PROBABLE, if not 100% guaranteed. Therefore, I have enough evidence (logical, experiential, etc) to make the conjecture that humans are bread like chickens on a farm and that our energy is being used as food for our controllers. Whether our controllers are REPTILIANS remains under question, but one thing is certain: We are an experiment, and utilized as food for our invisible masters.

This is certain if you pay attention to the signs, to history, to current events, think about the universe and its existance. For example, just by thinking about the universe, you can easily come to the conclusion that not only are we not alone in the universe, but other intelligence is well aware of our presense, and has ALWAYS been aware of our presense. If you understand that, you then begin to question, well why haven't we "met" this intelligence yet? Then you consider the human interactions throughout history, you consider different unseen forces that can be DETECTED through vigilance and observations that play out in our every day lives and events.

The point: If you keep an open mind, stay objective, and do research as you attempt to UNDERSTAND (not create your own reasons) reality, and learn to SEE what others choose to ignore and "shove under the rug", you begin to become aware of a whole different reality, the reality that is unseen by most. In fact, you then become aware of things that you never even imagined were possible or could possibly even exist on our tiny little planet. So would you like proof of my statements? There is no such thing as proof period! Only "enough evidence" to convince someone, or "not enough evidence". I have discovered enough evidence to give a very high probability to my statements, and I'll be glad to share my sources with you, but you must be willing to put in the EFFORT to seek the truth. The truth cannot be forced on you, it must be sought, it is the only way to find it. Did someone prove to you that 2+2=4 before you realised this? Do you think someone CAN prove it to you, if you do not wish to put in the effort to UNDERSTAND it? The only way you can understand something, is if you TRY to understand it. Nothing can be proven to you without your desire to KNOW, and effort to find out and understand, nothing!

Ask, and you shall receive. Receive without asking, and you shall be deceived.
So...you have no proof of this "truth" you're talking about?

There's no debating with people that are lost in their own imaginations and desires.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I can't even prove to you that 2+2=4. I have no proof of ANYTHING! Can your PROVE to me that 2+2=4? Can your PROVE to me that you even exist? What CAN you prove to me? Anything at all? Come on now, proof only exists if you want it to. Reality exists regardless, and it is your ability to perceive reality that determines your level of awareness. There is no proof, there is only KNOWLEDGE. You can KNOW things by logical deduction, and by collecting evidence, and simply by being AWARE of those things, but be unable to prove them to anyone who refuses to SEARCH for themselves.

It is truly something that CAN be observed, experienced, and understood! You CAN know what I know, if you seek to know it. If you expect me to drop some sort of proof on your lap, that is impossible. Like I said, what can you prove to me? Go ahead, prove ANYTHING to me. If you cannot, then why ask anyone to do the same for you? Why not just DISCOVER yourself by putting in the effort, as it's the only way you learn!

I can help you learn, but I cannot do the learning for you. If you do not wish to learn, that is your choice. The bottom line is, you see only what you wish to see, and you do NOT see what you do not wish to see. I try to see only that which truly exists, without assumption or anticipation or wishful thinking. This approach allows me to discover things that exist but are unseen by others, since they do not wish to see them, nor do they put in the effort to find them.

Do you think you need belief or FAITH to know something? Belief only deters knowledge, only keeps the truth away from you. Knowledge is based on objective reality. I know what I know, you know what you know. Not everything that I know can be proven to you or anyone else, if you do not seek it.

If I had a UFO in my back yard, could I prove this to you? No, anyone can photoshop a UFO in their back yard in a photograph. I would KNOW there is a UFO in my back yard, but you wouldn't, and there is no way I can prove it to you! The only way you could find out, is if you came over and checked out my back yard.

This is not much different, it is YOUR effort that allows you to see and know, not someone else's effort to PROVE something to you, which would always be futile.

But yeah, you're right, there's no debating with someone lost in wishful thinking. He will always believe only what he wishes to believe, and therefore will ignore any and all evidence to the contrary, because he is afraid of letting go of his cherished beliefs. Well, there's plenty of evidence that points directly to what I told you. Use your mind, and you will figure it out also.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I can't even prove to you that 2+2=4. I have no proof of ANYTHING! Can your PROVE to me that 2+2=4? Can your PROVE to me that you even exist? What CAN you prove to me? Anything at all? Come on now, proof only exists if you want it to. Reality exists regardless, and it is your ability to perceive reality that determines your level of awareness. There is no proof, there is only KNOWLEDGE. You can KNOW things by logical deduction, and by collecting evidence, and simply by being AWARE of those things, but be unable to prove them to anyone who refuses to SEARCH for themselves.

It is truly something that CAN be observed, experienced, and understood! You CAN know what I know, if you seek to know it. If you expect me to drop some sort of proof on your lap, that is impossible. Like I said, what can you prove to me? Go ahead, prove ANYTHING to me. If you cannot, then why ask anyone to do the same for you? Why not just DISCOVER yourself by putting in the effort, as it's the only way you learn!

I can help you learn, but I cannot do the learning for you. If you do not wish to learn, that is your choice. The bottom line is, you see only what you wish to see, and you do NOT see what you do not wish to see. I try to see only that which truly exists, without assumption or anticipation or wishful thinking. This approach allows me to discover things that exist but are unseen by others, since they do not wish to see them, nor do they put in the effort to find them.

Do you think you need belief or FAITH to know something? Belief only deters knowledge, only keeps the truth away from you. Knowledge is based on objective reality. I know what I know, you know what you know. Not everything that I know can be proven to you or anyone else, if you do not seek it.

If I had a UFO in my back yard, could I prove this to you? No, anyone can photoshop a UFO in their back yard in a photograph. I would KNOW there is a UFO in my back yard, but you wouldn't, and there is no way I can prove it to you! The only way you could find out, is if you came over and checked out my back yard.

This is not much different, it is YOUR effort that allows you to see and know, not someone else's effort to PROVE something to you, which would always be futile.

But yeah, you're right, there's no debating with someone lost in wishful thinking. He will always believe only what he wishes to believe, and therefore will ignore any and all evidence to the contrary, because he is afraid of letting go of his cherished beliefs. Well, there's plenty of evidence that points directly to what I told you. Use your mind, and you will figure it out also.
In other words you claim that the lizard aliens from the TV show "V" are similar to the REAL aliens as if you know exactly what they look like...but then confronted with a request to prove how you would know this you fall on some "matrix" psycho-babble?

How do I know the wind is solid and I'm incorporeal? Blah blah blah...

TRANSLATION: I believe popular fringe theories on aliens and I'll make statements that appear to be of my own personal knowledge but when I'm confronted on it I'll just bail and talk in circles.

Sounds more like it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join