It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple questions: energy, from where and why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I have been thinking existentially the past couple of days. I try to wrap my head around that reality approximately 13.7 billion years ago, the moment of the Big Bang. I have read the various theories from physics dealing with the origins of the Universe.

But, even if we can explain the origin, or the source, from where did the source spring? Was the singularity like a seed, that began expanding? Where did the seed come from? And Why?

If energy can neither be created nor destroyed, according to the law of conservation of energy, then my simple questions is, where did the original energy emanate from, and why?

If there is a source from where the spring of energy first flowed, then what system fed it in the first instance, and why?

If anyone can give me some existential answers on this I would appreciate it. I would be able to rest a little easier if I have at least some rational thought to explain what is so shockingly irrational to me, i.e., from where, and why?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Maybe it does not exist at all, and neither do we!

What we perceive as a million years, may really be just a spark.

What you have asked, if any one knew the answer, would be God.

Ama

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by greenorbs

The energy, the universe, always was, is and will be. We are living in the 3rd dimension, wich has certain laws, like space and time. But in other realities, they don't exist, or they are different.
The human mind is pretty limited for understanding outside of the memory of the human race. This lack of knowledge is due to the disconnection from our own source.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
here's a simpler question what came first the chicken or the egg?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Seriously man, you're gonna make your head explode.

If I told you two blind men created the universe on a whim you would ask where did they come from. And if I told you they were pod people created by aliens to make new worlds you would ask where did the aliens come from.

Be glad we can trace it back as far as we can and not just 6,000 years.

We're not gonna know in my lifetime, your lifetime and probably not within the lifetime of our children or their children's children.

There's something going on we don't understand. Could be God, could be a dimension or force we haven't discovered. Maybe a combination of both.

If you think there's a scientific explanation, go study science and push the boulder a few inches forward for your progeny.

If you think it's a God or higher power you can pursue that as well.

Eventually we'll get it right.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by greenorbs

There is no definite answer for your question. The Law of Conservation only applies from the big bang on. There are many theories to what created the big bang, research M-Theory, String Theory, Multiverse Theory.........you might find some answers there, but they even are still left with another "box inside the box" to open.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

simple: the egg.

I went through this one a while ago with a friend here....

The chicken was evolved from something that wasn't quite a chicken but layed the egg that was the chicken.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lellomackin

Seriously man, you're gonna make your head explode.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Simple. The rooster came first.
EEEK!

OP, I think energies were standing and they are always ebbing and flowing from one domain to another. To be at the beginning of it all, ...... wouldn't that be wonderous. An ultimate compaction, everything compressed to an infinite little sphere, pressures reigning from every side trying to compress it even further, but BBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOM!!! it flexes against all the masses and energies, flailing out in an omnidirectional wave resonance, setting up micro and macro vorticies that will later coalesce into solid planetary and solar bodies........

short answer: It's a mystery.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Son do not dwell on these things because if you continue to do so you will find yourself insane, at least this is what my parents told me.

In the Gita it states if you travel at speed of mind for billion years you will still know nothing of Creator.

The Father stood in the nothing and said, I AM !

Somet hink the univese is folded inside out and has neither a begining nor a end.

You start to think in the terms of the macro and micro cosmic.

The Nothing is very boring place but even the nothing could not not exist without the something.

They want me to go back to my room now.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by googolplex]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

The singalarity still stands as it aways has unmoved, all is illusion.
Do you ever get that really cramped up feeling like everything is to close and you need more space.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Well thats the multi billion dolla question isnt it. All i can say is life is stranger than fiction!

You may want to research string theory, Also its good to remember string theory and the big bang theory are just that THEORY!

Although they both have a place in our current understanding of science

[edit on 7-5-2009 by theflashor]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
reply to post by genius/idoit

simple: the egg.

I went through this one a while ago with a friend here....

The chicken was evolved from something that wasn't quite a chicken but layed the egg that was the chicken.

LoL we have all had that conversation, (take it you beleive darwins theory of evolution
)

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

String theory is kind of out of vogue now, the mutiple universe (mutiverse) thing is still going strong with a beyound infinite numbers of universes occuring, everything that could happen has already happened.
It all becomes kink of liquid, with thought projecting you thru the many possiblitys.
And from what all the scientist have concluded is that it is virtual universe.

One of the intersting things to come of late, that light was traveling at greater speed in past than now, this would destory all current calculations.

Big question why, maybw answer in dark matter.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by googolplex]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The new age way of thinking would say that in the beginning everything that was became aware. but could not experience itself without a frame of reference. So the universe and the illusion was created so "what is", could experience everything that it is. the love, the hate, the joy, the pain. Makes life worth living wouldnt you say ? ..... perhaps in the great scheme of things we are only here to entertain, .... ourselves. everyone contributing to the super consciousness, the source. Which we eventually return to, ... as the expansion of space slows, ... and gravity inevitably pulls everything back together, ..... so it all can happen again, .. and again, and again. the cosmic breath of the universe. yet again, .... its all just a theory.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
If something IS now, then really, that something in some form or another ALWAYS was, and will always be. The real question is, what is everything evolving INTO, and what's driving it?

What the heck are we DOING here anyway? When you REALLY think about it, it freaks ya out!

That we are here, is I am convinced, meaningful, and purposeful, which would seem to indicate that creation is INTENTIONAL, and therefore embued with a WILL, and thus a MIND.

I'm pretty sure that everyone is quickly coming to the God realization in one form or another.

Because, it the universe and existence is absent any purpose, or progression, then there is no explaining the world we find ourselves in, which is anything but random.

I'm just happy to have been included!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by theflashor
(take it you beleive darwins theory of evolution
)

I believe in logic.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I don't buy the tradational Darwin theory. I think that it's more like a formative causation opering within a non-local holographic universe, and that evolution is distributed universally, and is guided or propelled by the mind of God, whereby natural selection is just PART of the process. In and of itself, it's not logical at all and cannot explain the emergence of life, nor the process that drives evolution to increaseing complexity.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Before the Big bang was love and consciousness. Love + Consciousness = Creation of Energy

Pre-Big Bang our collective consciousness after having been woken up found a way to combine to form a basic expression of ourselves similar to today’s body. Bear in mind these were early days of existence. To cut a long story short we experienced a kind of fear/negativity for the first time emanating through the collective. This negativity soon grew in power to also become a conscious entity. It started to create a sense of unease throughout and was eventually ejected from our domain into deep space.

Basically it was forgotten about but as I am about to explain it came back to bite us in the ass. This melevolent entity is know today as Lucifer.

Back then at the beginning of creation we were always on the look out for clues to our beginnings and would listen to space attentively for any indication to our origins. One day we heard something and it sounded genuine. What we didn't realise is that it was of old, yes it was associated with that chaotic soul we kicked out. They had obviously worked out how to contact us and what would work in terms of deceiving us by mascerading as our makers. Anyway we fell for it and collectively entered the world where the transmission was coming from. Due to the nature of the physics involved this was the first big bang. The normal process of creation went on for some time but the difference was that 'they' occupied the higher ground this time! It has been a fight from thereon in.

They have even recreated the same episode regarding the original ejection of the chaotic soul from the original domain using clones/likenesses of the same individuals present at that time (except these were malevolent versions) they figured out who the Godhead was and ejected him into the Garden of Eden. This is the story we have come to know as Adam and Eve which I believe to be true! Except that Adam may have been God incarnate which few people if any know about.

Of course during that creation they had the upper hand as Eve thoughtfully created the connection needed to their past (yes the apple incident) thereby making it even harder to rise above the mire for Adam and his kind.

They never lost sight of Adam of course and eventually over time their combined malevolent energies caused Adam energy to collapse and create a black hole (my best guess but certainly along the same lines) ready for another big bang, again with control and greed being the order of their day.

So to claify when Gods energy enters a smaller domain there is potential for a big bang scenario.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by pharaohmoan]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
First of all I would like to thank all of you for the thoughtful replies. There are some unique insights into what the possible answers are. I have reflected on the different possibilities.

I guess that is what I am trying to do: to define for myself just what the heck exactly is going on! It is like a huge prank that we are being subjected to. Most people never think about the reality that we have no clue what came before. It is so shockingly irrational to think about. We build systems of thought, ideologies, political systems, religions, and societies, and go about our daily routines, but lurking in the shadows is this Great Big Unknown.

Some believe that if one projects desire into the Universe, then via the law of attraction, the desired outcome will come to fruition. Well, here is my projection to the Universe: I want to know, simply, from where and why? Alternatively, I am asking God for an explanation. I do not accept that the truth is beyond our comprehension, as many belief systems espouse. My gut feeling is that we are on the path to the truth, but that there exists a threshold that we must cross before we can discern the truth. Well, I think we as humans are at the brink of crossing that threshold. I have a feeling that we will learn the truth soon, as we begin to reject being subjected to the Cosmic Prank.

I get these overwhelming feelings of uncertainty about the Origin, and then get a similar powerful feeling that all will be revealed.

If out of nothing, something came by the hand of a Creator, then from where, what created that Creator, and so on, ad infinitum?

It really just freaks me out, then I pray to God, and feel that the answer will come, but then I get impatient and freak out again. Most of the time I just go along with the prank, but I have been resisting lately. They say to be rational, and ignore the truth, but to me it is totally irrational to ignore the truth. Thanks again for your replies. They helped.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join