It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call From a Friend.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by neil a

Well, from quantum mechanics, we know that some particles are in two places at once, and also MUST be at two places at once, ergo there maybe be possiblities of two different form of particles that traveled simultaneously through a different portal of time and space, to get to a reciever, seems farfetched no. But if you think of all the alternative realities there could be, it would make this seem as a common occurence, which I gather from a few people here, or as the Mirror image of a person seen next to a person, particles, they are crazy things.

World is full of mysteries, to deny that, is to live a life not worth living.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I've had a fair amount of signs since he died, the latest one being about the swine flu so I believe , I posted a thread about it on this board. I can't think of him as "dead" after all the efforts he's made to let me know he still exists, I view him as alive but just alive somewhere else and a somewhat expanded version of who he was down here on Earth, as if he has changed in some way but is still himself, if you know what I mean ...I also had astounding telepathic link up with him a couple of days after he died which woke me up out of a dead sleep and took my breathe away. I knew he was alive and even though I was wracked with grief at the same time, he was conveying this sense of awe and wonder at where he was and what he was experiencing that I felt excited and humbled too. The beauty of it (and this will sound cliched), was almost terrifying in its magnificence and made me want to fall to my knees and weep and I am NOT at all religious by the way. Death, it seems, is the ride of a lifetime !

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Well i dont know much about quantum mechanics (i aint got no fancy book learnin' lol)but i cant deny the world is full of mystery and sometimes thats the only thing that keeps me goin'.
Its fun to think about my alternate realities and how different my life is in those realities because of simple decisions that i made differently in those realities,how things are much better or worse.
Another thing that comes to mind is time travel, if we travel into the future or change the future which realities is actually being effected the one we are in now or some alternative realities? oh well I'm done rambling for now.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by neil a

Well if you took some time to educate yourself on Quantum Mechanics, you'd be amazed, although, the first book I bought, I only understood every other word, the rest was gibberish, so try and keep a dicitonary handy. That's probably the hardest part to it!

You'd be amazed at the possibilities, quantum mechanics, noone knew how particularly mind boggling that turned out to be.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This doesn't relate to this type of ghost story, but I feel compelled to tell it anyway!

An old friend from high school was doing his paper round near to my house when he was hit by a car crossing the road. There is a window on the side of my house on top of the stairs where you can see out onto the road where he was hit. I did not see the accident but heard about it later on that day. He was taken to hospital and died shortly after.
Unaware of his death I received a phone call from my other mate who found out before me saying that he had died. People were lying flowers where he was hit outside on the post box and telephone poll. That is when I saw him from out of my stair window kneeling down to read the messages people wrote him on the flowers. I only saw him for a split second then a car passed in front of him as he looked at me and he disapeared from sight.
I haven't told anyone about it because they still haven't accepted it as he was only 16 or 17 years old.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shade

scary stuff

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
My uncle had a friend who died, not sure what the cause was, but years later he was driving home late one night alone on the highway. He said he heard his dead friend tell him to be carefull, there was a moose on the road just up ahead, and he turned the corner and there it was, saved his life probally. Goosebumps just typing that, but I have never forgotten that story

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
My uncle's grandfather died quite some time ago, and my uncle rarely dreams.

However, 2 nights in a row he had odd dreams since his death.

One was almost like an out of body experience, everything turned greenish as he got up from his bed and it felt like he went out of his body.

He said he thought it was extra scary because he made a little prayer many people tend to do "IF there is a god, do this and I'll pay you with that".

He offered 25 years of his life if he was going to live past a certain age and was afraid that ''God'' might be collecting on his deal.

The other dream he could hear trumpets and other music in the living room that reminded him of that grandfather.

Nothing in the ''real'' world like some of the other stories here.

But hey a story's a story.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

Interesting thread.

When my grandmother died, I can't remember the exact day but it was either the day before, the day of, or the day after her funeral my self, my two brothers, and my parents were sitting downstairs eating breakfast at the table. The milk was on the table, and suddenly the milk cap began jumping off of the gallon of milk. I don't mean like how the cap can sometimes pop off due to pressure, it was jumping a good eight inches in the air. And did it several times, always landing perfectly back on the gallon of milk (granted it didn't land screwed on, just sort of placed itself on top of the gallon). Also, my grandma had died of smoking, and at the time my mom was a smoker, although my mom wasn't there for this. It was about 7 am, and I was going to get cereal to eat for breakfast. I walked across my kitchen and suddenly the ash tray my mom used that was sitting by the sink as my dad had washed it, just jumped up and flipped over. It freaked me out. Here is a diagram of my kitchen at the time (the X is where the ash tray is the lines with the arrow is where I was walking, the rest of it is a peninsula, the area where the sink was, and the area where the stove was. The dots are there b/c it wouldn't let me separate the I's with spaces)

__X_______
I..............I
I..............I
I..............I

me ----->

Also, one more story, one morning when I was young I was picking up our basement to surprise my parents. I had cleaned everything up, and even organized books on a book shelf. As I finished I began walking up the stairs when I heard all the books come crashing down, I was upset, and boy was it loud. Anyways, I walked around the corner to find that nothing was on the ground at all.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Ryanp5555]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hi

I seen a ghost show on this before,,,

Its happened before with some people..

interesting hearing about this again...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join