It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular Mechanics caught lying and evades questions on the air!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Listen to Davin from Popular Mechanics evading tough questions on the air! When he claims that "pull it" is not a demolition term, a phone call to a demolition company is featured, showing that they lied.

Also this one:

And check out what happened when Pilots for 9/11 Truth called the NTSB!

[edit on 6-5-2009 by WWu777]

[edit on 7-5-2009 by WWu777]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So obviously a government department in itself. First debunking ufo's, then 911, now FEMA camps.

Can we please look into the ownership of Popular Mechanics?

[edit on 6/5/09 by MajesticJax]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Really it just goes down to one question. Why would the government kill 3000 of its own people just to start a war. There are plenty of other ways to get things going.

Have you ever seen the South Park on 911. It would help you understand why you feel a need to blame this on the government. I got a clue a raging clue.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
To answer your question, Popular Mechanics is owned by the Hearst Corporation (Source)

Hearst Communications, Inc. is a privately-held American-based media conglomerate based in the Hearst Tower in New York City, USA. Founded by William Randolph Hearst as an owner of newspapers, the company's holdings now include a wide variety of media. The Hearst family is involved in the ownership and management of the company.

Hearst is one of the largest diversified communications companies in the world. Its major interests include 15 daily and 49 weekly newspapers, including the Houston Chronicle and Albany Times Union; as well as interests in an additional 43 daily and 72 non-daily newspapers owned by subsidiary MediaNews Group, which include the Denver Post and Salt Lake Tribune; nearly 200 magazines around the world, including Cosmopolitan and O, The Oprah Magazine; 28 television stations through Hearst-Argyle Television which reach a combined 18% of U.S. viewers; ownership in leading cable networks, including Lifetime Television, A&E Television Networks, The History Channel and ESPN; as well as business publishing, Internet businesses, television production, newspaper features distribution and real estate.

Source

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Popular Mechanics; What a bunch of lying Traitors.

I would not buy their stupid magazine if they were the last 'science' publication on Earth.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I've been lurking a while but felt I had to say thank you to the OP.

This is entirely new info for me. An investigation presented in a moderate rational way for once. I'll be looking into PM sometime soon.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I never heard the phone-in show recordings before,
or the NTSB 'phone conversations.
If they are all genuine,then Popular Mechanics
and the NTSB are both guilty of their own conspiracies,
or at least they are certainly not concerned citizens.
When you pull all three videos together,(if genuine)
this is dynamite stuff,you have all these people
who "know nothing"as "Manuel" would have said,
I'll certainly have a look to see what else I can find.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
First port of call was the NTSB'S site,and the Pentagon
animation....I got a warning that the page has no safety certificate!
had to laugh at that one

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Here are some more phone calls to Popular Mechanics posted.

In part 2, they are caught lying about the term "pull it". A phone call to a demolition company about the term "pull it" is featured as well.

In part 4, they waffle on whether one of their editors, Benjamin Chertoff has a cousin named Michael Chertoff who heads Homeland Security, and in fact, his own mom contradicts him! lol

[edit on 7-5-2009 by WWu777]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
I never heard the phone-in show recordings before,
or the NTSB 'phone conversations.
If they are all genuine,then Popular Mechanics
and the NTSB are both guilty of their own conspiracies,
or at least they are certainly not concerned citizens.
When you pull all three videos together,(if genuine)
this is dynamite stuff,you have all these people
who "know nothing"as "Manuel" would have said,
I'll certainly have a look to see what else I can find.

W: The NTSB phone calls are on the Pilotsfor911Truth.org site. That's where I found them.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

Haha..

So..their a MEDIA group with their fingers in the pie of other MAJOR MEDIA groups, many of whom were responsible for promoting the 9/11 lie?

How enlightening.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Really it just goes down to one question. Why would the government kill 3000 of its own people just to start a war. There are plenty of other ways to get things going.

Have you ever seen the South Park on 911. It would help you understand why you feel a need to blame this on the government. I got a clue a raging clue.

Noam Chomsky who is not a believer in 911 conspiracies answers this well in "Hegemony or Survival" - the pentagon put forward three scenarios for "red flags" as reasons to invade CUBA -

These included blowing up and American Navy ship with sailors on it, staging a coup in CUBA, or downing a flight or university students on their way to Florida fora spring break - blowing up naval boat and losing was a waste of resources, to timely and difficult to stage the coup so they went with downing the plane full of students. However at the last minute in line with the CIA this was changed to the coup as they already had operatives there - this is a matter of public record.

The Lusiitania was knowingly sent to her watery grave killing thousands as a precursor to gaining public support for America entering into teh first world war - thsi is also a matter of public knowledge.

Robert McNamara (more evil than Kissinger in my humble opinion) Openly admitted that the Gulf of Tonkin incident was staged event in order to gain public support for the US invasion of Vietnam.

Do want me to go - I have lots and lots of them...

911review.com...

www.nowpublic.com... ns

There you go son - now you know.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas
These included blowing up and American Navy ship with sailors on it, staging a coup in CUBA, or downing a flight or university students on their way to Florida fora spring break - blowing up naval boat and losing was a waste of resources, to timely and difficult to stage the coup so they went with downing the plane full of students. However at the last minute in line with the CIA this was changed to the coup as they already had operatives there - this is a matter of public record.

If you are tryign to quote the Northwoods papers then please quote it correctly. The plan was to FAKE all these attacks. The downed flight of students was goign to be empty and the students nonexistent, pro-US Cuban exiles would be "captured" attacking Guantanamo wearing Cuban army uniforms, fighters with Cuban markings would harass civilian aircraft, etc. The plan was designed specifically to *not* kill anyone becuase they wanted live witnesses to report back on Cuban aggression. It's probably the whole reason why they scrapped it- too many loopholes to successfully keep secret. All the press needed to do is look for the next of kin of the passengers and find out they never existed for it to start it unravelling.

Thus, a plan set up *not* to have innocent people killed, which was no doubt unworkable, but we'll never know becuase the gov't itself threw it into the trash, is not a good example to use to "prove" the gov't actually would/could do any of those things.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I am personally of the belief that this plan had been in the works since at least the mid-sixties. Check this thread out....
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Bin Laden Construction group was on site during the construction of the WTC complex, and reportedly was questioning why they were planting explosives in a building before it was even fully constructed. Things that make you go hmmmmmm...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
I am personally of the belief that this plan had been in the works since at least the mid-sixties. Check this thread out....
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Bin Laden Construction group was on site during the construction of the WTC complex,

The US administration has been lining Bin Laden up as a scapegoat for decades. I recall as a teenager in the early 80's hearing Rumsfeld say on TV that the biggest threat to the US was Osama. Its like they were 'psyching' the public up so that one day they could pull off their lie and people would accept it was Bin Laden that did it without question - as I myself DID initially. My immediate reaction when they blamed him was 'well they have been saying for years now hes a huge threat'. I was conditioned to believe it without question.

new topics

top topics

join