It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Stolen Rheocrete & Stolen Tanker Truck & Stolen Ammonium Nitrate & Missing Fuel Rods

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
there reporting you can buy bombs off the internet for �47 a diy bombi wonder if thse reports are steering away from whats going on ?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
all I can say is thank god I dont live in America

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The thing that worries me is the spent fuel rods. one the size of a pencil and the other about 17" long.... very easy to hide, even with proper shielding. could be disguised as a sports bag or something for an employee at the plant.... Dear GOD, how the hell do you lose something like that!!!???

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Eee gads, it's 7 am central standard time and I've scanned every news channel on television. There's the usual gag me morning giggle love fest happening on every news channel.

Meanwhile, here at ATS our super sleuths have put together what appears to be pieces of a majestic terrorist act. I don't want people to panic...but for the love of all we value, can't someone out there in 2 dimension land pull their heads out of the sand? People need to be made aware of what could be going on....what might happen if all this comes together....

where are the reporters reporting news?
why hasn't HS upgraded the alert status?
If nothing is done and some j-asses set off a dirty bomb
then we are going to have more damn questions about why the people in the loop don't act. Now

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
What exactly are we suggesting the rheocrete could be used for? I can't find any information that says it is highly toxic, the MSDS for Rheocrete CNI is pretty tame.

Nor does it appear it would be a particularly good ingredient in bomb-making, at least compared to a lot of other possibilities around. Other possibilities that would be cheaper and as such easier to come by. I'd say its more likely someone just a simple knock-off. Quite a common occurance in the construction industry.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Read up a bit. ValHall found some information that indicated any such nitrate, properly combined with the usual agents, would be an effective bomb. Of course we need to confirm an all... but the 1-2-3 punch nature of these events are a bit concerning. I'm checking with someone who's a chemist this morning.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
All Nitrates can be used to synthesize bombs, Nitro-glisterine is just nitrated glisterine....
Then and again, consider the fact that NO3 (one compoud of the 'nitrates') is produced by car engines very frequently..

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by browha]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
What is up with this!!!
Isn't this specific warning enough for a more serious public alert for the tri-state and the east coast for that matter? (tankers up and down I-95 all day) Maybe all tankers should be checked at some point on the roadways? Not only when entering ports. If at anytime the public should be on alert, it should be now...i really hate that damn color coded system.

btw, great work you guys

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Maybe This Will Help

Not sure if this is the same substance as what we're talking about, but on the first page,
'Flash Point: Non-Flammable'
'Auto-Ignition Temperature: Not Applicable'
'Specific Fire & Unusual Hazards: None known'

If ingested in a normal industrial accident, the quantity would be of no harm.. Unless you down a gallon or something, in which case 'may cause nausea, vomiting, cyanosis, or coma'
Seems pretty safe to me

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Maybe all tankers should be checked at some point on the roadways?

Say like the weight stations, that every trucker has to stop on.

George Hemingway, a New Jersey trucker hauling fertilizer from Tampa to Parkton, N.C., was cited for carrying 5,000 pounds more than the 79,700 pounds his permit allowed.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Here is a similar tanker image. It's an 83 Fruehauf.

I'm still looking for a 1996 Model to post.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
j

[edit on 2004-7-1 by Teknik]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
A hand thing to have in the event this ends up being a dirty bomb... www.potassiumiodideexperts.com... Buy 'em on DrugStore.com

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
You know, here is another thought, this stuff -rheocrete- when allowed to contact materials that would lower it's ph below 8, causes nitrogen oxide gas (NO2)

www.masterbuilders.com...

Now in high quanity it does produce problems

" Extremely high-dose exposure (as in a building fire) to NO2 may result in pulmonary edema and diffuse lung injury. "

www.epa.gov...

and
"There are many problems that can occur from the use of nitrous oxide. Brain injury and suffocation ca result from a lack of oxygen. Never use nitrous oxide directly, it is always in a combination with oxygen. Very cold temperatures of the gas can freeze lips and the throat if taken directly from a tank of whippit. High levels of pressure may rupture blood vessels in the lungs and force air into the chest cavity, causing the lungs to collapse. This is a problem when again it is being used from a tank or another pressurized container. Although all these dangers are very harsh the most common effects of nitrous oxide are nausea, vomiting, and disorientation. These are caused from inhaling too much."

Now if you heat nitrous ----

"When you heat nitrous oxide to about 570 F, it splits into oxygen and nitrogen"
If you have enough NO2 could that ogygen be accelerated to cause a massive fire ball?
Not explosion, just something to heat things up a lot.

"Because you have more oxygen, you can also inject more gasoline, and that means more energy and power" In other words more to burn more to go boom..

For you chemists out there....is there a way to take a massive ammount of NO2 and combine it to produce CO2?

This maybe really reaching but if they could do that, and have enough of it...people could die almost instantly

Over 1,000 gassed in Cameroon lake disaster

news.bbc.co.uk...

1000 doesn't sound like a lot...but if they had enough 1000 would be a drop in the barrell.

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Splitting No2 would wield a composition of 66% oxygen and 33% nitrogen... But then you have to consider how you would utilize it... Nitrogen (N2) is effectively an inert gas, so the oxygen wouldnt be able to combine with it...
To produce co2 would BASICALLY require combustion.. I suppose burning a lot of plastic bags or something (hyrdocarbons) would work, e.g. near an incenory (sp) or a landfill or something.. But then you're still too far away to cause serious damage..
Plus, if it gets released open-air, the O2 will just rise up and away.....

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I was just going by what it said in the article, and was wondering if something of that nature could be reproduced in a larger scale by other means

" releasing a massive bubble of carbon dioxide gas from the lake in a natural phenomenon now referred to as "lake overturn".

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Netstorm, that is stretching it a little far methinks. Then a pile of acid would also be needed, NO2 isn't that dangerous except in high concentrations for extended periods (you breathe it at the dentist).

The cameroon lake situation is not even remotely similar to a release of NO2.

As far as using it as an ingredient in explosives, there are other nitrates that are cheaper and easier to come across. (Also more effective I believe). Why steal the more expensive (therefore harder to get you'd think) Rheocrete when there are alternatives. I think its still far more likely to be a bit of commercial pinching more than elaborate terrorism.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
www.thisislondon.com... One of the most senior figures in the al Qa'eda terror group has pledged that 2004 will be a year of attacks on America. The comments appeared in a voice recording on the Dirasat Islamist Website and are believed to have come from Abdulaziz Issa Abdul-Mohsin al-Moqrin.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join