It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our President of faith abandons his faith

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist

Of course he is not Christian.

The sad part is, he would not have become president if he didn't play the role. Religion plays such a large role in our government in such a sad way.

The fact of the matter is that he is a Christian but don't let the facts get in the way. And you are also wrong about the role religion played in the election. If you knew anything about voting demographics in the US, you would know that those who vote based on religious voted overwhelmingly for the Republican ticket.

You might want to do just a little research.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Night Watchman]

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Night Watchman]

Yeah, and even MORE would have if Obama denounced being Christian, enough to probably lose the election.

Plus, if he said he was not Christian, who knows how many people would have immediately thought Muslim (on top of those people who already think it ha).

What do you mean the role religion plays in an election anyways?

Let me tell you something about this past election, and many others. Religion plays a MAJOR role. So does race, as apparent from the past election.

Why does religion play a race? Just by an educated guess, I would assume that MANY Christians would not vote for a man if he said he was not Christian. Now, if he actually said he was a whole other religion, thats even more people that would stray (and follow).

Don't you remember one of the "debates" they had? A pastor asked them the questions in a church wasn't it?

How about abortion policies, where some people only believe it is right/wrong based upon their religious upbringing?

Or maybe race, and how a crazy percentage of minorities voted for Obama, solely based upon his race (being a democrat helps too, free money for everyone).

A picture says a thousand words, but it doesn't do jack # besides look pretty.

If I knew anything about voting demographics? How about this. If YOU knew ANYTHING about common sense, you would not need to look at the charts to realize that our current administration is a joke (our last was as well, but not because of these reasons, or as much because of these).

I said this before. Even if the "economy" recovers, there will always be PLENTY of people better than Obama. After all, giving out powerful positions (I believe in the IRS or something?) to people who have tax fraud isn't over the top, am I right?

I would rather know I am right then not know I am wrong, even if everyone tells me otherwise.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

If I knew anything about voting demographics? How about this. If YOU knew ANYTHING about common sense, you would not need to look at the charts to realize that our current administration is a joke (our last was as well, but not because of these reasons, or as much because of these).

Oh I see. Your common sense trumps actual facts. Good luck with that.

And you can repeat, over and over again, that religion played a major role in the election and it still won't be true. If it had, we'd be praying every night that McCain stayed healthy so we weren't left with a dimwitted bimbo in the Oval office.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Oh I see. Your common sense trumps actual facts. Good luck with that.

And you can repeat, over and over again, that religion played a major role in the election and it still won't be true. If it had, we'd be praying every night that McCain stayed healthy so we weren't left with a dimwitted bimbo in the Oval office.

Major role is questionable, but combined with all the other factors, it had the chances of making a difference.

McCain is a bigger fool than Obama, but none the less, both fools. Then again, he IS my president, so maybe I am the fool. Whatever.

By the way, a statistic does not make certain circumstances fact. My opinion is not fact, but by posting one "fact" does not mean my opinion has lost any weight, or mean ANYTHING besides what it says.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

By the way, a statistic does not make certain circumstances fact.

Well, actually statistics are an important component in establishing facts. At least we now agree that religion was not a major factor in the election.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

By the way, a statistic does not make certain circumstances fact.

Well, actually statistics are an important component in establishing facts. At least we now agree that religion was not a major factor in the election.

Depends on how you look at it.

If one thinks that he was hiding his real "religion" (or atheism) just to have support of a certain group, then yes, it could have been very major.

But if this is just blown over proportion, and he is a Christian, then this argument over who is right and wrong between us is useless.

Do you think that if he admitted to being of a "foreign" religion to the majority of U.S citizens, that history would have been changed? It is just speculation.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

If one thinks that he was hiding his real "religion" (or atheism) just to have support of a certain group, then yes, it could have been very major.

He is a Christian. Can we stop pretending this an unknown? He has said he is a Christian. We know he and his family have attended Christian churches for years.

He is A Christian.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Some Christian.

A church with a pastor who taught hate, racism, and separatism. And just as soon as this came to the public, Obama threw his pastor right under the bus.

He's no Christian.

He's a lying, deceitful, opportunist.

And that's what we actually know about him. In other words, the good points.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Some Christian.

A church with a pastor who taught hate, racism, and separatism. And just as soon as this came to the public, Obama threw his pastor right under the bus.

He's no Christian.

And that's what we actually know about him. In other words, the good points.

Are you a Christian? Have you been given the authority to decide who is and is not a Christian? You have a right to your opinion of course but sadly, you aren't qualified to judge whether a person is or is not a Christian.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Yeah, and even MORE would have if Obama denounced being Christian, enough to probably lose the election.

Plus, if he said he was not Christian,

He never said that. I suggest that if your going "talk" you provide the evidence to back it up. If a man says his christian, it should be his right to be respected as such. You have no business nor standing deciding whos what.

Let me tell you something about this past election, and many others. Religion plays a MAJOR role. So does race, as apparent from the past election.

Why does religion play a race? Just by an educated guess, I would assume that MANY Christians would not vote for a man if he said he was not Christian. Now, if he actually said he was a whole other religion, thats even more people that would stray (and follow).

Thats true. A shame many politicians have to play the religious card but its a simple fact of bias in this nation. However that being said if somebody chooses to follow a religion, it didnt matter if we thought there was some agenda, the constitution recognizes that right. Nobody has the authority to place somebody where they see fit.

Or maybe race, and how a crazy percentage of minorities voted for Obama, solely based upon his race

Thats true, there were voters who supported Obama based on race, and then there were voters with support for religious purposes, and voters among the republicans who voted in McCain based on his race. It goes all ways. On another note in almost every presidential elections since the 60's the percentage of blacks over 80% always supported the Democrat. In a sense its also a matter of political view, historic views.

(being a democrat helps too, free money for everyone).

And I suppose medicare is a handout? How about free protection from the police for everybody? Free fire help? Your view of "handouts" are limited to your own biasness politically. But thanks for letting us know how you feel.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Some Christian.

Oh I am terribly sorry he doesnt parade himself as a christian infront of the cameras. You folks certainly have been satisfied with deadbeat politicials doing that in the past.

Can you find a similar speech made by Mr Wright prior to March 2008? Please.

He's no Christian.

You have no standing deciding what religion he follows.

No that would be the majority of self proclaimed "revolutionaries" back in April 15th.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

A Christian who reads the New Testament is given a guideline, "You will know them by their works."

That's good enough for me.

Without any judgement on my part.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

A Christian who reads the New Testament is given a guideline, "You will know them by their works."

That's good enough for me.

Without any judgement on my part.

How interesting that you chose Matthew 7:15-20 as a verse to support your judgement of Obama's Christianity. And before we go any further in this discussion, let's make one thing clear. You ARE judging. You have somehow come to believe that you can determine whether another person is or is not a Christian.

That is a judgement. Claiming that it is not does not alter the facts.

What you have done, and I must thank you for it, is to reinforce the point Obama was making when he mocked those who use the Bible verses to support their positions.

The verse you chose in one of the most ill used verse in the NT and is often employed by Christians as justification for judging whether other people are "good," Christians.

Well here is the problem with this. You have, and I'm assuming it was done intentionally, taken a small portion of the verse and ignored the very obvious context of the entire verse.

The verse reads as follows:

Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Jesus did not say that you will know "true Christians," by their works or fruits but rather false prophets; those who claim to be interpreting the word of God when they are in, in fact, distorting it.

If you don't agree then you need to understand the meaning of the word, "prophet."

So you seem what you have done here friend, it to make Obama's point. Those who misuse the Bible to further political agendas are dangerous. Not to mention the fact that it is Unconstitutional to base the laws of the United States on the religious beliefs of a particular religious group.

And finally I would think that some one as pious as you (since you claim to be able to identify true Christians) would understand the one true criteria for being a Chritian; faith in Jesus Christ.

That is all it takes. Look it up.

Peace.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join