It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Our President of faith abandons his faith

page: 4
0
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

if he is a christain, i would think that he would want to stand as our leader and and let other beleivers both dem & reps know that. and i would also think that others who are not christain, would respect the fact that he did.



Or maybe he feels that he is President of the United States of America and not of the Christian States of America.

Why on Earth would anyone need the President to lead us in prayer?




posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by Jadette
 


for me its the fact that he claims to be a christain, and then he will not stand up in front of his fellow beleivers and lead us in a prayer. every pres from 1952 has done this. is he telling us the truth or is he tring to be pc or is he affraid or is he a muslim. i dont know, i tend to beleive he is a muslim

if he is a christain, i would think that he would want to stand as our leader and and let other beleivers both dem & reps know that. and i would also think that others who are not christain, would respect the fact that he did.

you know the more i see this man and all the things he and the dem leaders in congress are tring to get passed in this country, i think that they be one of them.

You Know The Worlders


I agree with what you said and let me remind you that the majority, yeah that is right the majority, of Americans would agree with you so don't let a few atheists at ATS trip you up. You have to remember, this is ATS not mainstream America.

Obama campaigned and won the election claiming to be Christian. Many have doubts about that claim now, you are not alone.




posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

The comments I refer to are where he points out that the bible instructs us to stone disobedient children



And is he lying about that? Is there not a passage in the Old Testament that could be interpreted in that way?

The answer, by the way is, yes.

So are you upset the he exposed this to those who don't read the bible? Were we supposed to keep it a secret? If so, I didn't get that memo.



posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman
 


my point is that they stood up for thier faith. stood in front of thier nation and did what they claimed to be.

and the quote from the bible was intended to show the people that Jesus not only wanted you to pray in private but also in public.



posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

I agree with what you said and let me remind you that the majority, yeah that is right the majority, of Americans would agree with you so don't let a few atheists at ATS trip you up. You have to remember, this is ATS not mainstream America.



You are right. ATS is not mainstream America. So we can find something to agree on.

Now, sorry to disappoint you but I am a Christian and not an Atheist. But I must take issue with your claim that the majority of Americans agree with your view of Obama.

A Gallup Poll taken on 5/7/09 has Obama's approval rating at 69%. That is, by the way, 1% higher than his approval rating on 1/21/09.

www.gallup.com...

So, I think your claim of holding the majority opinion is quite inaccurate.



posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic
 


I agree with seperation of church and state, however, one's religion or faith affects every walk of their life as it should if it is their true faith, which also kind of gives people an idea on how a person of their professed faith is going to behave. It's a guide line of sorts.
Obama says he's christian yet does way too many things that proves otherwise. He's a lier and a fraud, yes, I know it's a job requirement but he slaps us in the face with it all the time and we clap, some of us anyway.
It's actually a slap in the face to all of us.
This is a National Day of Prayer Not Private Day of Prayer
O' well, what's new, plus I know him a little better now.



posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
Obamas has never worshiped the God of Abraham, Issac, Moses, etc, etc...he only prays to his father "allah" who is satan.


Ignorance...hatred...bigotry.
Thank you for making it so easy to see the direction of your posts.

How bold it is of human beings to assume "allah" "yahweh" or "God" aren't all the being viewed through a different set of eyes?



posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter

Obama says he's christian yet does way too many things that proves otherwise. He's a lier and a fraud, yes, I know it's a job requirement but he slaps us in the face with it all the time and we clap, some of us anyway.

Can you elaborate on the actions he has taken that has proven him to be "non-Christian?"



posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by Bombeni

I agree with what you said and let me remind you that the majority, yeah that is right the majority, of Americans would agree with you so don't let a few atheists at ATS trip you up. You have to remember, this is ATS not mainstream America.



You are right. ATS is not mainstream America. So we can find something to agree on.

Now, sorry to disappoint you but I am a Christian and not an Atheist. But I must take issue with your claim that the majority of Americans agree with your view of Obama.

A Gallup Poll taken on 5/7/09 has Obama's approval rating at 69%. That is, by the way, 1% higher than his approval rating on 1/21/09.

www.gallup.com...

So, I think your claim of holding the majority opinion is quite inaccurate.


Majority of Americans, 76 percent, are Christian. Most of them have no idea about Natl. Prayer Day being shleved, msm isn't taking it to task, no surprise, but if it was made clear to Americans I believe the majority would be disappointed in it. Most American people are sheeple they just don't want to question or rock the boat. The msm was definitely being controlled by a higher legion during this campaign I am convinced of that now, they were only allowed to go just barely out there as far as quesioning anything about the real Obama. Take that drug addict Larry guy, I never saw one thing on msm about him, and yeah he was/is a shady character, but I believe he was telling the truth. Obama has done plenty of shady things in his past, PLENTY, yet you choose to believe everything he says, I take it.



posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by Miraj

The comments I refer to are where he points out that the bible instructs us to stone disobedient children



And is he lying about that? Is there not a passage in the Old Testament that could be interpreted in that way?

The answer, by the way is, yes.

So are you upset the he exposed this to those who don't read the bible? Were we supposed to keep it a secret? If so, I didn't get that memo.



I didn't know Obama had pointed out, to put it mildly, anything about the Bible and children, I am learning something new about Obama everyday. Why oh why is he even going there?? Have other presidents chosing to take the Bible to task? I don't think so. My next question would be, has Obama publicly taken the Quran to task? He said he is a Christian so that means he likes the Christian religion, but yet publicly challenges the Bible. He also has stated that Islam is wonderful and muslims have enriched America greatly, so he likes the Islam religion, so when is he going to challenge the Quran?

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Bombeni]



posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman
 


Sure; imo, the list is long but here are a few:
Christian faith says
Deny me before man and I will deny you before The Father
don't kill
no other gods before me
don't bow down to man
not taking his presidential oath on the Bible
The just plain in your face Lieing he does whilst he finishes off America is not christian
his years and years at the rev right's America hating non christian church
the thugs/crooks he has assoiated with and the ones he 'appoints' isn't a christian thing to do
Every day here on ATS I see some accusation's and proof's of non christian things he does, although they aren't called that; it is what it is.
I'm sure many disagree with me but it's what I see.



posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

My next question would be, has Obama publicly taken the Quran to task? He said he is a Christian so that means he likes the Christian religion, but yet publicly challenges the Bible. He also has stated that Islam is wonderful and muslims have enriched America greatly, so he likes the Islam religion, so when is he going to challenge the Quran?

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Bombeni]

Very good point! Our political correctness only goes so far. It is perfectly ok to take the Bible to task, talk disparaging about Caucasians and working class people in general, Criticize an entire political party or administration, but don't do the same to Islam, Minorities, Jews, Welfare Recipients, Disabled People, or hundreds of other "protected" classes. (No flaming, I have my 'get out of ghetto free card' and a disabled child)

I like Obama, but after re-watching that video, I would respect the speech immensely more if some of his quotations came from the Quran. It has just as many inconsistencies as the Bible, and it has caused just as much bloodshed when taken literally by fanatics.



posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
reply to post by Night Watchman
 


Sure; imo, the list is long but here are a few:
Christian faith says
Deny me before man and I will deny you before The Father
don't kill
no other gods before me
don't bow down to man
not taking his presidential oath on the Bible
The just plain in your face Lieing he does whilst he finishes off America is not christian
his years and years at the rev right's America hating non christian church
the thugs/crooks he has assoiated with and the ones he 'appoints' isn't a christian thing to do
Every day here on ATS I see some accusation's and proof's of non christian things he does, although they aren't called that; it is what it is.
I'm sure many disagree with me but it's what I see.



First, you really should stop believing everything you hear. Obama DID take the Oath with his hand on a bible.


But that little factoid aside, let me understand your position. You are saying that Obama has, in your opinion sinned and thus, is not a Christian?

Two things about that. First if that were true, every Catholic and Christian Church would be empty...including the pulpits.

Secondly, it seems that Jesus must have misunderstood God's word because he preached forgiveness of sin. I'm a little disappointed that he got that so wrong.



posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Why oh why is he even going there?? Have other presidents chosing to take the Bible to task? I don't think so. My next question would be, has Obama publicly taken the Quran to task?

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Bombeni]


He was responding to those who believe that Christian beliefs should be the basis for developing the laws of the land. I don't recall hearing Muslims advocating for Islamic law being adopted as law.

Bombeni, I don't mean any disrespect but you are sadly misinformed about Obama's stance on religion. It seems that you are letting other people form your opinions. You seem to be open minded. Think for yourself.



posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman
 



Oh gee thanks for advice,
.


I keep thinking I know all I ever wanted to know about Barrack/Barry Hussein Obama Soreno, PROUD CITIZEN OF THE WORLD, lol, but then some new disparaging act or statement of his rears its ugly head. I should just be like most of the sheeple and watch ABC and MSNBC for anything of value.



posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman
 


I didn't say he sinned and isn't forgiven!
You asked for the things I think make him not seem christian and I gave you a few.
You think he took his oath on the Bible? That was the time he messed up. He took the oath again, in private, no Bible or even a "so help me God"
voices.washingtonpost.com...
And so, at 7:35 p.m. today, according to the White House pool report, Roberts re-administered the oath in the Map Room of the White House.
"We decided it was so much fun -- " the first time, Obama joked while sitting on a couch.
Obama stood and walked over to make small talk with a reporter as Roberts donned his black robe.
"Are you ready to take the oath?" Roberts asked.
"I am, and we're going to do it very slowly," Obama replied.

Obama raised his right hand, leaving his left at his side.



posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
I should just be like most of the sheeple and watch ABC and MSNBC for anything of value.


I find it beyond ironic that you have been posting inaccurate information throughout the day only to be corrected time and time again and yet you refer to others as sheeple.

I feel badly that you are swallowing so much misinformation without a second thought.



posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
reply to post by Night Watchman
 


I didn't say he sinned and isn't forgiven!
You asked for the things I think make him not seem christian and I gave you a few.
You think he took his oath on the Bible? That was the time he messed up. He took the oath again, in private, no Bible or even a "so help me God"
voices.washingtonpost.com...
And so, at 7:35 p.m. today, according to the White House pool report, Roberts re-administered the oath in the Map Room of the White House.
"We decided it was so much fun -- " the first time, Obama joked while sitting on a couch.
Obama stood and walked over to make small talk with a reporter as Roberts donned his black robe.
"Are you ready to take the oath?" Roberts asked.
"I am, and we're going to do it very slowly," Obama replied.

Obama raised his right hand, leaving his left at his side.



Yes, you said he did things that made him seem non-christian. Well since we all sin then we all seem non-christian at times, no?

As for the bible, Obama did not mess up the oath, the Chief Justice did. Why do you continue to post things that are patently false? It doesn't make you seem very credible.



posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR

Do you have any idea how this makes you look ?



Typical, why should those who speak truth care what the liars of the world think? If you support obama then you support a lie......



posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37
 


This is just the beginning.

I can't wait to see what this family does for Christmas.

They will probably go on vacation to Hawaii .



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join