It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien giants land in russia - fantastic ufo/et evidence

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by elijahspirit

It is in an eccentric backward orbit,
as is Triton.
I do agree it's unusual though,
and maybe should have been seen much sooner.

thank yo.... thank you very much

but does chadwicku or phague

or the debunkers do they adress that

NO THEY DONT
nor do they care about the tons of cases of alien abductions/alien encounters seen en mass with CREDIBLE RECORDED EVIDENCE!!

theres a MENTAL BLOCK SOMEWHERE!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Okay elijahspirit/weneedtoknow

Welcome to my ignore list.

Phage asked you a perfectly reasonable question yet you ignored it and responded to something that is more 'akin' to your belief system.

That, with all the other questions you've dodged from other people in this thread, leaves me to think that you're not here for rational debate - just to inflate your ego.

If you ever put the toys back in the pram let me know via U2U.

-m0r

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by elijahspirit

You know, I actually think you may be on to something there.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

This board is for discussion and debate. Believe it or not the quickest route to proof being accepted is through just that, discussion and debate.

You want to be on a board where everyone agrees with you all of the time.

Stop Trolling and start entering the conversations and maybe you will get something out of it. Unless of course your here to stir up trouble and be a Troll.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
please note

i came on here

presented some fantastic evidence

but i get nothing but stress by debunkers attempting to amuse themselves

i am a god fearing person, i have nothing against anyone

but i do not appreciate blatent evidence being smeared at!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I don't want you to call me sweety, but not because I am a man, but because you used it as a diminutive, to put down. Were I to respond in kind, I would call you "sonny", inferring that your knowledge was tiny compared to mine. See how that works? Good.

Well, I read the story of the "reverse orbit". I see nothing there that defys physics. Physics -- classical as well as quantum -- seeks to explain and quantify/qualify phenomenon, particles, motion, waves, dimensions, etc. etc. What it does defy is our paradigms of what is normal. Simply becuase we trifling humans haven't observed it before hardly makes it anything close to impossible.

You may choose to believe it is a starship. Myself, I wonder why a starship would be happy orbiting anything............ eliptical orbit, round and round....... Oh look, there's Earth. Again. I think it IS fascinating, but quite a leap of FAITH to think it's a sentient starship.

That's what makes us who we are, though. The ability to discern information and measure it or not. To compile data and patterns and come to our own conclusions. I myself would require a LOT more evidence to even hypothesize that it MIGHT be an alien ship.

cheers. Good conversation. Gonna go cook now. Back later.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I don't think Blatant is quite the right word,
Fantastic is okay though.
I will look at the two incidents you mentioned,
I've never heard of them before,
I must look up Tass as well,I seem to recall
them as a disinformation set-up,
and not just for Russia.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by elijahspiriti have nothing against anyone

I actually wanted to ask you what do you have against debuncers/sceptics..
Is it a bad thing that they don't take eyewitnesses stories as undeniable proof?

Edit:
And there's no need to debunk eyewitnesses. No matter how many of them do you have. Unless ofcourse it's half of mankind or at least a million eyewitnesses..

Here's a story: There are no such thing as aliens
Eyewitness: Me
Story: I've never seen an alien

Debunk that please.

I won't believe in them unless we have some proof. Otherwise I only accept the possibility that there's intelligent life somewhere out there.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by DGFenrir]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
oh, that's interesting...
Looks like my uncle was eyewitness. He was on a business trip at the same time when these events occurred.He used to tell us the story of how something was hanging over the city of Voronesh and the people were scared, talking about US attacks or something but nobody new what it was..It was so long time ago and I can't remeber in details. Unfortunately he died 15 years ago... and the story died with him....we could't find any information on the news about what happened, so we decided that all was bull#.
Now looks like it wasn't... I'll try to find more info from my relatives...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
You know, ATS used to be semi respectable. These days it seems more like a clearinghouse for every crackpot and cook on the planet, a rather interesting correlation to the increased traffic I would think. ATS is a laughing stock in many circles and these days me and mine get more of a sad chuckle out of the more inane claims than anything else. Yet I still look and watch and read in the hopes one of these "OMG PROOF!" posts actually pans out to be something viable.

*sighs and pinches bridge of his nose*

ATS has become the exact kind of thing my namesake warned about. A closed group of people who just live in their own world and pat each other on the back about how enlightened they are and just believe because they just -know- what they think is the truth IS the truth without a shred of real evidence and scream BLASPHEME! at anyone who attempts to use logic and science.

This case is a prime example. Not one photo, not one adult witness to be found, not one scrap of evidence anywhere except from the mouths of four kids and a tabloid news source that's took it upon themselves to jazz the story up. Why do people think that just because they are kids they do not have the ability to make up fantastic stories? Kids are the number one creator of fantastical tales!

When I was a kid, back in the 70s, and after my first day of Kindergarten, I came home and told my mother this elaborate story of how they had go-carts there for us to ride. I was detailed, down to how the Janitor let me help him fill up the gas tanks and gave detailed accounts of races with some of my friends.. She bought it hook line and sinker and went to the parent teacher meeting a few days later and told them how wonderful it was they had these go carts etc...and the looked at her like she was crazy. I had a good laugh when she got home, and lucky for me she thought it was pretty funny too. So don't tell me kids don't lie or make stuff up, they do all the time.

Lets not forget the legions of 'Contactees' form the 50s either, shall we? Tales of human appearing visitors in shiny suits taking them on their fantastic saucers to Venus or Mars...funny how those claims disappeared once science actually showed us what those worlds are really like. Of course now they come from Tau Ceti or Beta Reticuli...

As has been said before: Extraordinary claims require Extraordinary proof, I'm sorry, that video and it's story are not by a long shot.

And when did Skeptic become a dirty word? Don't get me wrong, I -believe-. I believe with a passion but I also require reasonable and substantial evidence. In this day and age of CGI con artists, trolls, nutters, and loons what we need is MORE skepticism, not less. Haiti UFO anyone? That got me. I remember watching that and saying "That's either really really good CGI or it's the real deal." Well, we all know how that panned out.

Running around yelling proof at every 'eyewitness report', every blurry, shaky, nighttime video just makes the ENTIRE UFO community look like a bunch of tools and idiots. The burden of proof is on the those making the claim, not the other way around no mater how much you don't like it. It doesn't matter if you shook hands with an ET, it's still up to you to prove it.

Use Carl's Baloney Detection Kit and the Scientific Method and I highly recommend Science: A Candle in the Dark to the OP and his followers.

Belief and Skepticism are not mutually exclusive. In fact both combined are the most powerful tools we could ask for.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Hello.

I am a skeptic, I come to the alternative sites quite regularly and I really WANT to find evidence. If I don't find evidence I am skeptical... that doesn't mean I don't think it is possible that events occur - merely that I am constantly looking for something that I can be certain of beyond a 'reasonable doubt'.

This would be daylight photographic (or video) evidence from two or more witnesses who clearly do not know each other and written eye witness accounts that match the sighting.

In the case of a landing, then evidence from the landing site of damage, burns, radiation from a reputable (ie police, military or scientific) source.

In the case of a UFO in the sky - that would be the daylight photos/videos mentioned plus several written reports with the usual discrepancies (times, location) but with huge similarities (size, color etc), and where people have contacted the police and or military (as you would if you saw a huge - or small - alien spaceship).

Therefore what is frustrating to me is that 99% of reports are talking heads saying what they saw, or writing or drawing what they say, and the photographic evidence is of nighttime UFOs... which are typically lights or orbs.

I really really want to believe what I read, but I simply cannot be impressed at all when people make posts that say the I cannot be skeptical because of x or y or z.

So - please s-o-m-e-b-o-d-y post something that changes me from being a skeptic into a firm believer:
Daytime - I am sorry but nighttime lights and orbs don't work for me
Photographs and/or Videos from more than one source - people who do not know each other
Written Reports - newspaper, news, police or military
And in the case of a landing - evidence to support that.

In the absence of that - well I have to say that I am a skeptic.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Saganite

LOL - Saganite - I posted my reply to this post just after your reply - and they are almost identical.

I watch this site and rense and I often sigh these days because it is lamentable what I see...

Proof - Skeptics B Gone - Real Evidence...

And then the drawings, talking heads and rants of kids.

When - oh when - will we see a real post of something worthwhile!!!

I feel strangely happy that others are actually interested in finding a useful/interesting post...

Thank You!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

wow!
nice find! :p

September 1989...September 2009..20th anniversary..perhaps they will return if they really were digging?

S and F for you mate

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Hi Eli,
I'm just looking at your Shakespeare quote,
it would be interesting to know just what he is saying,
if that's what he said.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by askbaby
reply to post by Saganite

LOL - Saganite - I posted my reply to this post just after your reply - and they are almost identical.

Thanks AB, not all of us have left our critical thinking skills at the door. Certainly can be daunting and frustrating, no doubt there. The air is constantly thick with the smell of hyperbole and ad-hominem around here to say the least.

The beginning of wisdom is found in doubting; by doubting we come to the question, and by seeking we may come upon the truth.
Pierre Abelard

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Banned already.

You gotta hand it to weneedtoknow. The guy's consistent. Never fails to deliver the spectacular meltdown.

I rate this one 4 Flames

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The thing that still gets me is that the Ummo symbol is on the ship.
Now... did the kid do that?
Did he (or she) know what Ummo was/is?
Or was that added later?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
sorry if this was posted already, but someone asked for another witness that was not a child. He did not see the aliens but he saw the "ufo"

I also read somewhere that a similar case happened later the same year nearby. Again children involved, but this time the researcher supposedly coached the children and made up some other facts to make it look good. This only caused people to cry hoax and it also started people thinking that the Voronezh must also be a hoax.... Sorry I cannot find this article again

This from the NY times in 1989
www.nytimes.com...

Lieutenant Matveyev confessed that he had not actually seen the aliens, but said he saw the spaceship and ''it was certainly a body flying in the sky,'' moving noiselessly at a very high speed and very low altitude. 'Anything Is Possible'

To be honest, Lieutenant Matveyev said, he was a little skeptical himself when he first saw the object. ''I thought I must be really tired,'' he said. ''but I rubbed my eyes and it didn't go away. Then I figured, in this day and age, anything is possible.''

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by elijahspirit

thank yo.... thank you very much

but does chadwicku or phague

or the debunkers do they adress that

NO THEY DONT
nor do they care about the tons of cases of alien abductions/alien encounters seen en mass with CREDIBLE RECORDED EVIDENCE!!

Geez I stay out of this one and I still get blamed!

Lucky you hold nothing against anyone

[edit on 5/5/09 by Chadwickus]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join