It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Launches Airstrikes on Iraqi Villages

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Iran Launches Airstrikes on Iraqi Villages

www.wired.com

Iranian aircraft attacked three villages inside Iraq over the weekend. The airstrikes — Iran’s first on Iraqi soil since the U.S. invasion — could complicate the Obama administration’s efforts to normalize relations with Tehran.

“The bombardments appeared to have targeted the Party of Free Life of Kurdistan (PJAK), an Iranian Kurdish separatist group which has launched attacks on Iran from rear-supply bases in the mountains of northern Iraq,” AFP reports. Iran has attacked the Kurdish group before, with artillery. But this is the first time the Iranians followed up, with assault
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet. I did a search and came up with nothing. I am also unsure of the validity of the source I linked to the news story, but i thought i'd put it out for everyone to see and comment on.

If this is true could it be some kind of precursur? With all the talk latley about Iran and thier apparant claim to be attacking Isreal in 10 das or so I thought everyone might want to see this and comment or make thier opinions on this.

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Good catch.
If real this could get serious PDQ.
I'm going to monitor this story closely.

Thanks for posting it.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Trayen11

The 11 day thing was WRONG as usual........

Iran Pres said .."israel will last 11 days if they strike us "

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Seany]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Could be an Israeli false flag, too. They want the US to attack Iran for them REALLY REALLY bad. Hmmmm..............

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

Thank you very much for letting me know that. As usual things are lost in translation. And if memory serves that interviewed was translated from three different languages before it got to us.

Even still if this pans out as correct it should be watched. Hence why I wanted to put it up here for everyone on ATS to chew over and research. If anything the research done here by fellow ats members is second to none. Certainly better than anything the MSM can give us.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I smell BS! The world has gone mad but Iran ain't that stupid.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Like i said, I am unsure of the validity of the source posted. I have been searching the internet to see if any MSM has picked up on the story but I have been unable to find anything as of yet.

Implication if this is right could be interesting. Ater all is Iraqi airspace not considered to be jointley American air space right now? Im not to sure as I dont actually live in the states so I have not being keeping myself up to date on the Iraq war.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Two more sources - they are popping up pretty quickly now.

CCTV
AFP

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Thanks for findinf those sources. Looks like it may not be BS and actually did occur. What are the possible results of such an attack by Iran?

Wonder what Obama and the U.S. military will have to say about someone else playing in thier back yard.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Obama will probably just ask them if they need a refreshing drink or maybe a sandwich. Would you like desert with that?

[edit on 4-5-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Apparently what is unusual is the airstrikes.

Iran frequently pounded northern Iraq with artillery, but this is the first time for the Iranian warplanes to carry out air strikes inside Iraq.
CCTV

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Let me clarify...I think it's very possible the villages were attacked. As to Iran doing it makes me wonder.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
From memory, wasn't Obama saying that he wanted Irans help with Afghanistan, Iran probably just thought they would help out a little in Iraq again as well.

Be funny if they hit a Mossad comando base which was going to do recon inside Irans borders

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Would you like to share with us who you think did it? Turkey? The USA? Prince and the Revolution?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

If this is true, then why didnt the USAF see them on radar and go after them and chase them out of Iraq? Are they asleep at the wheel or what?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

If this is true, then why didnt the USAF see them on radar and go after them and chase them out of Iraq? Are they asleep at the wheel or what?

What business is this of the USAF? Is the USAF free to chase anybody or start shooting at any airplane they like? Is the USAF expected to be able to instantly shoot down any warplane they want to, even if they have reason? They couldn't do it on 911 so why would you expect them to be able to do it over in Iran/Iraq, where it's not even any of their business?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Good question. It might have something to do with this: Obama Blacklists Kurdish Group In Gesture to Tehran

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

Maybe I am wrong but I am pretty sure America could legitimately shoot down any plane that crossed into Iraq airspace without permission. I mean we do kind of control the place. You dont take a bone from a dogs mouth and expect not to get bit do you?

But dont worry we got a new sherrif in town. His name is Barak. He is a real cool cat so he will probably just turn the other cheek and let it slide.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks

Originally posted by rangersdad

What business is this of the USAF? Is the USAF free to chase anybody or start shooting at any airplane they like? Is the USAF expected to be able to instantly shoot down any warplane they want to, even if they have reason? They couldn't do it on 911 so why would you expect them to be able to do it over in Iran/Iraq, where it's not even any of their business?

I thought being in Iraq was our business, if not, why else are we there if not to help defend their borders.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join