It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China military build-up seems U.S.-focused: Mullen

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

They do worse, the Chinese that is, they capture aircraft which they shoot over international waters and force to land on Chinese territory to steal our technology.

Yeah right. The only reason whybthat aircraft was captured was because the crew was too chicken s@@t to ditch. So basically what you're saying is the Chinese have the right to fly spycraft 50 miles off the US coast. Becuase funny enough when the Soviets did it and the US buzzed them it was ok.

They threaten Taiwan with military force and do exercises whose goal is to strong arm Taiwan into not declaring their independence.

Actually more Taiwanese have a beef with America for trying to force a conflict which doesn't exist. THe Taiwanese I worked with were sick of America cuasing tension with the mainland and then trying to charge top dollar for military equipment. Taiwan and China will merge and it won't be because of some conflict. The US just screws around to try and bolster a military budget which can't be paid fot. Well actually the Chinese pay for it.

They also try to confront U.S. and it's allies in international waters, such as

International waters a stones throw from the CHinese coast. Don't bitch about CHine sailin naval ships clost to the US coast then.

BTW, in case you didn't know the Chinese use all their large shipping, and fishing vessels also as military vessels, in case of war, these ships are rigged so that with a few changes they can be converted into military vessels.

Oh really, to do what exactly ? A complete load of BS - military ships to transport supplies. What do you think America does you with civilian cargo vessels during war you moron.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
Beijing needs to stop freaking out over surveillance ships operating in international waters.

You said it, so the US can't ever bitch about the PLAN doing the same thing off America's shores. Then again I can see you bitching about that with your double standards.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
So many Americans show their hostility to China, Chinese people really need to wake up, it is time for Chinese to prepare for an all out war with American or it will be too late.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by gs001]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gs001
So many Americans show their hostility to China, Chinese people really need to wake up, it is time for Chinese to prepare for an all out war with American or it will be too late.

cheerlead much?

-

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by gs001

Aha ridiculous

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben Niceknowinya
Let's not forget the UN has awarded China more awards than any other nation.

Do you have any proof of that?
I'm not saying they haven't been awarded some but more awards for what?
Can you please be more specific or are you just talking and pulling things out of thin air?

That seems to go on quite a bit around here.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

""""Chinese scoops UN awards for its harmonious cities.
Chinese cities may have some of the best solutions to be found anywhere in the world at a time when the global financial crisis has left everybody worrying about their housing financing and mortgages in the United States and other developed countries.""""
sintetikadreams.blogspot.com...
en.youth.cn...

"""China has an indissoluble bond with the UN- Habitat Scroll of Honor Award. China has obtained UN- Habitat Scroll of Honor Award for 14 times by far."""

source: en.showchina.org...

(also 2006) www.china.org.cn...

(link to information office) www.cin.gov.cn...

Landscape Architecture awards: chinalandscapearchitect.com...

(JCP) www.jhbcityparks.com...
(I'm sure the Olympics recently influenced this award, but worht mentionong atleast)

On Aids:
www.unaids.org...

UN-Habitat Scroll of Honor award:
www.sars.gov.cn...

(sars.gov......hmmm?)

www.unhabitat.org...

Global Microentrepreneurship Awards......International Abritar awards, since 1935 I might add.

UNESCO awards. Asia & the Pacific; (public-private partnerships.)Houses, commercial, cultural, religious, industrial or institutional buildings, gardens and bridges, for example.
unesdoc.unesco.org...

Development with Equity (05): us2.mofcom.gov.cn...

""United Nations (UN) Habitat Scroll of Honor Award for the municipal government's work in the field of human settlements development.""

source: www.fmprc.gov.cn...

""Visiting United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan said Monday that the UN would work with China to maintain world peace and security and promote co-operation and development. "" (2005)

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

"""UNDP Won China Poverty Eradication Awards""" (2006)
((The Awards covered 10 categories including special personal achievement, innovation, volunteers, donation, international award, self-struggle and dedication. Other winners included the Amity Foundation, China Construction Bank, China Children and Teenagers’ Fund, China Lifeline Express Foundation, among others.))

source: www.undp.org.cn...

"""LAGOS, July 22 (Xinhua) -- The medical team of China's peacekeeping force in Liberia was awarded the UN first-class peacekeeping medal on July 20, reports from Monrovia, capital of Liberia, said on Sunday."""

source:english.nmgnews.com.cn...

"""16 December 2008, Beijing - The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the UN World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) have recently launched the UN Silk Road City Awards Scheme within the framework of the Silk Road Initiative (SRI), which is to be implemented in the coming months. The key aims of the Initiative are to improve policy and legal conditions for trade, to attract investment to the region, and to promote and attract tourism."""

source: www.un.org.cn...
Seems to me they are embracing or yearning to be more part pf the world than anything. Especially the past 2 decades, as I mentioned.

(HPA) portal.unesco.org...=26635&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html

UNPAN is probably the most prestigious UN Award. The past 6 years for exapmple Malaysia (or Singapore) has earned the award every year.
www.unpan.org...
(scroll down to winners by year)

"""Relations between China and Malaysia have gained momentum and bilateral cooperation has born fruits in political, economic and trade, cultural and educational fields..."""
www.china.org.cn...

"""Badawi said Malaysia had always attached great importance to its friendly relationship with China, and that it was ready to expand the Malaysia-China cooperation of mutual benefit.

Energy sector is one of the key areas of the Malaysia-China cooperation, and Malaysia welcomes the signing of a contract by a Shanghai company to buy Malaysia's liquefied natural gas (LNG), Badawi added.
Badawi also hoped that more Chinese enterprises would invest in Malaysia's infrastructure construction, such as building bridges. """

"Following the end of the Cold War, diplomatic foreign relations between China and Malaysia immediately and positively changed."
en.wikipedia.org...'s_Republic_of_China%E2%80%93Malaysia_relations

foreign relations of Malaysia: en.wikipedia.org...

I mention this because of the significance of the 13 state federation in S.East Asia. Malaysia borders Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Brunei and the Philippines, with very sizable Chinese communities.

Singapore experienced an economic boom and underwent rapid development during the late-20th century.
It also shows the strong relationship it has with China.
""Chinese leader Jia Qinglin said Wednesday that China-Malaysia relations have entered a new era of development as the two countries are both working on advancing bilateral strategic cooperation.""
source: www.gov.cn...

And as for the Soviets and Chinese forming a military campaign, history has proven it failure.
good point here: niujun.coldwarchina.com...

To me it appears China yearns to be part of the world. MSM will tell you different.
Reached my max.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Ben Niceknowinya]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

China imo is a model country for the UN. I think the UN, in the end, wants a communist world. Hence all the awards for their "governance."
With this NAU in the works, and EU already in pilot, the UN with elite members of the world will strive for a world governace and currency.
Chinese yen (after the dollar sh*ts the bed) could be the "transitional" reserve currency.
The dollar is now.

If China has bought our debt, which is a major stimulant in their economy 2day, and plan on collecting, even partially, why would they set up to attack us? Demise all their investments?
Knowing it's suicide?
Why would they ruin the ecomonic boom they have present?

Chances are if (imo) China tries to attack us, the world may see another nuclear catastrophe.
Now are they aiming to anniliate the world, so they can prove to be the bigger bully? I don't think so.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

To me it appears China yearns to be part of the world. MSM will tell you different.
Reached my max.

Yeah well 5 of those links are showing the same award.

1 of them is an award for something "Taiwan" Won. Not sure what your trying to say there?

The rest are human interest stories. Should I pick a country in the west and just start posting random awards?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

China imo is a model country for the UN.

You plan on moving there any time soon? If not why?

Chances are if China tries to attack us, the world may see another nuclear catastrophe.
Now are they aiming to anniliate the world, so they can prove to be the bigger bully? I don't think so.

Who said anything about war?

P.S. I'll let you in on a little secret.

Apparently nobody here at ATS has caught on to yet.

Anybody can buy US T-Bills. China is not the only one and in 30 years they will be paid off. Just like everyone else who have purchased our T-bills. When they mature.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

China imo is a model country for the UN.

You plan on moving there any time soon? If not why?

Chances are if China tries to attack us, the world may see another nuclear catastrophe.

Who said anything about war?

P.S. I'll let you in on a little secret.

Apparently nobody here at ATS has caught on to yet.

Anybody can buy US T-Bills. China is not the only one and in 30 years they will be paid off. Just like everyone else who have purchased our T-bills. When they mature.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

Am I planning to move to China soon?

No. And what makes you think that?
Ahhh, I think I know....
Maybe, maybe not.......but I think I fall under your category of;
"chest pounding Americans" which you labeled, and hate, right? Is this the reason why you're trying to discredit me Slay? Or continue to roll your eyes at me?
Do I come across as a Chinese communist now?
What exactly is your point?

As for war? I didn't aim that towards you Slay, but many replies on this thread seem to dribble paranoia of a new "Red Scare."
Also, this thread reads: "China military build-up seems U.S.-focused: Mullen"
No???

And you proved my point with your US T-Bills....especially by mentioning "when they mature."
Which is exactly a mier example of China's investments in the world community.
Apparantly your "secrets, that no1 here on ATS has caught on to YET" aren't really secret, or isn't information that people haven't "caught onto yet."

If if was up to me Slayer. I would kick the UN out just like we did (in the past) with the introduction of the League of Nations. (now the UN)
It's the cancer to the sovereignty of this country.

The point I was trying to make is that China is the model.
A communist country.

Do I agree with UN policies?
99% of the times, NO.
If you ask.....
matter of fact, when I was in the military, there was a US soldier who wouldn't wear UN uniform. He was was dis-honorably discharged.
I was bull#, and I admired how he stood that ground. God Bless him.
I would've done the same thing. F*ck the UN!
Yes.....I'm a chest pounding American. SO??

With China's labor, perhaps the biggest economic boom the world will see.
Hence, communist model for other nations. Cheap labor, which our country is very familiar with. Ask the blu-collared American 2day, what happened to his job, or better yet where did his job end up.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Hence, communist model for other nations. Cheap labor, which our country is very familiar with. Ask the blu-collared American 2day, what happened to his job, or better yet where did his job end up.

That had nothing to do with being a "model" Anything!

It had very much to do with Cheap labor and Greed on the part of the Wealthy elite. Not realizing the eroding effect it has on other countries but of course "They " Do not care in the end they will just switch to what ever currency is on top for that period.

I have posted many realistic threads on what China may become in the future but to simply say they will be the wealthiest or the Dominant country in the world is absurd. Will China be a larger world player in the future?
Yes

Will it become the Dominant force on the planet?
No

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

That had nothing to do with being a "model" Anything!

It had very much to do with Cheap labor and Greed on the part of the Wealthy elite. Not realizing the eroding effect it has on other countries but of course "They " Do not care in the end they will just switch to what ever currency is on top for that period.

I have posted many realistic threads on what China may become in the future but to simply say they will be the wealthiest or the Dominant country in the world is absurd. Will China be a larger world player in the future?
Yes

Will it become the Dominant force on the planet?
No

I meant model towards UN policies, and in a way it does model Slay, think about it. It's precisely to the advantage of a "small" percentage of wealthy people, greed.....as you mentioned, without conscience of the effects it has on other countries.... absolutely?
And is China not a good example? Look at the povert rate in China?
People work for the state. Sounds like communism to me.
How many farmers in China become very wealthy from their crops.
Not many. All the labor, and profits goes to China's gvt.

"""They " Do not care in the end they will just switch to what ever currency is on top for that period."""

Good point. And what happens when currencies fall like dominos, and there are only a few left? Or none left?
Answer: World Communism.

""I have posted many realistic threads on what China may become in the future but to simply say they will be the wealthiest or the Dominant country in the world is absurd."""

I agree Slayer, how did you come to this conclusion that this is what I assumed? Did you not read my prior posts?
That they are waaaaay behind in Naval Arms/Weapons Race, and that they will not be able to invade (world power such as US) without a catastrophic reaction.

""Will China be a larger world player in the future?
Yes"""

Then we agree, yes? In accordance? I'm getting confused now....

""Will it become the Dominant force on the planet?
No"""

ANd again. Thank You.

Now I'll roll my eyes......

j/k man......

*respect*

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Reached my max.

""Yeah well 5 of those links are showing the same award.""

If you weren't so focused on butchering my credibility you might have noticed they are DIFFERENT years. Which shows the consistency of these awards.

Wow. yo......you're just out to prove something sumthin' towards me perhaps.

Human interest "stories???"
Yeah....okay.....whatever you say.

You're the one who asked to see proof of these awards in the first place......

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben Niceknowinya

Awards of merit, not which city has the nicest flowers or cleanest public toilets. Well of course they are going to have the nicest most of their new cities are just what? A few years old?

No don't take anything personal. I wasnt attacking you.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
we keep dropping the ball on everything. The people who shape our military are in it for profit, not the defense of our country. When the focus is on the wrong objective, the wrong objective is what gets met.

What the U.S. needs is a ballsy President who will stand up and say "Enough." We need somebody who will stop playing games with the military industrial complex and get our military back in form. But we also need to make sure that military is focused on protecting U.S. interests, not bullying the world.

There's simply no excuse for how long it takes us to respond to new threats on the world stage, nor for our inability to prepare for hypothetical ones. China has a new ballistic missile specifically built to take out our Super Carriers. We spent billions obliterating a couple of third world countries over the last several years. That amount of time and money, spent on anti-missile technology, could have given us a nearly invincible fleet by now. Not to mention, we'd have lost a lot fewer friends on the world stage.

I agree completely with your assessment. And it seems so obvious.

The US managed to keep a semblance of peace across the world, because the second biggest player and natural opponent, the Soviet Union, knew that in a one to one confrontation, they were beat hands down.

China does not want to enter into direct conflict with the US anytime soon. But they realize being prepared and capable for when unresolvable differences arise, is the best defense.

Right now China is learning the old stratagem of empires. Locate resource sources with weak governments and exploit them. China is quietly moving into position in Africa, where minerals are plentiful and there is no resistance. Corrupt petty leaders are more than ready to sell out for a few million dollars in their bank accounts.

The Middle East will end up being carved up by major world powers too. They can't overcome their differences and waste their defence budgets on counterproductive engagements with Israel and each other. A devastating 8 year war between Iraq and Iran that accomplished nothing is the prime example.

The Chinese are smart and fast learners. The stereotype of them being rigid and unimaginative is simpleminded. They already know knocking out satellite communications will immobilize the US or Europe when need be.
They have exceeded the CIA in intelligence gathering through their hacking skills. And so far they haven't fallen prey to the internal corruption and short term greed that has set back both the US and Russia.

The Chines think and plan decades ahead. Unless things change quickly, they will be able to outsmart the US on the art of modern warfare, if it hasn't happened already.

The US, indolent and complacent, has lost it's edge in motivation and innovation. They rely on heavy duty weaponry and traditional means of war too much. The corruption of the military-industrial complex is endemic. The politicians are in on the take and have lost sight of the need to be on top of potential enemies on all fronts - particularly the newest one.
This could cause the inevitable downfall of the US at some near future point.

As the saying goes - You snooze, you lose.

Mike

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
You said it, so the US can't ever bitch about the PLAN doing the same thing off America's shores. Then again I can see you bitching about that with your double standards.

Buzz off troll.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
In the very day 10 years ago, USA bombed Chinese embassy in Yugoslavia, do you guys believe Chinese have forgotten it?
USA support separatists in Tibet, Xinjiang, stimy China's reunification with
Taiwan, arm Japan and India to contain China....do you guys think Chinese
people will tolerate these for ever?
USA is accumulating hatred between the two people, eventually USA will pay for its evil behaviors.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

Originally posted by rogue1

Buzz off troll.

Well it's the truth. Why don't you contribute something worthwhile to the conversation and stop having a tantrum
Not my fault if you're hypocritical.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

The US managed to keep a semblance of peace across the world, because the second biggest player and natural opponent, the Soviet Union, knew that in a one to one confrontation, they were beat hands down.

Hands down in what way ? It is well understood that during the Cold War if the Soviets wanted to take Western Europe NATO couldn't hvae stopped them. Hence why NATO planned to use tactical nuclear weapons for defence.

Right now China is learning the old stratagem of empires. Locate resource sources with weak governments and exploit them. China is quietly moving into position in Africa, where minerals are plentiful and there is no resistance. Corrupt petty leaders are more than ready to sell out for a few million dollars in their bank accounts.

Yes America has taught them well.

They have exceeded the CIA in intelligence gathering through their hacking skills. And so far they haven't fallen prey to the internal corruption and short term greed that has set back both the US and Russia.

Not just hacking thier HUMINT is second to none with millions of ex-pats around the world who are loyal to CHina.

The Chines think and plan decades ahead. Unless things change quickly, they will be able to outsmart the US on the art of modern warfare, if it hasn't happened already.

Very true, they are far different the the TV nation America has become where attention spans are measured in minutes.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join