It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China military build-up seems U.S.-focused: Mullen

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

China military build-up seems U.S.-focused: Mullen

www.newsdaily.com

WASHINGTON, May 4, 2009 (Reuters) — China's build-up of sea and air military power funded by a strong economy appears aimed at the United States, the chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff said on Monday.

Admiral Michael Mullen said China had the right to meet its security needs, but the build-up would require the United States to work with its Pacific allies to respond to increasing Chinese military capabilities.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
www.reuters.com

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
So now were accusing china?

if your a WWIII believer or not, you have to agree we are setting up possible wars with so many places now it's complete bollocks

Iran,Israel,North Korea,Afghanistan,Pakistan Etc..

and now China? especially since Russia and China announced a new era of military cooperation

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Trouble times are coming indeed

WWIII is coming, when and how soon.. only time will tell...

www.newsdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I can't decide whether I should learn Chinese or Russian.

I fear one may be needed in the US before long.

They are going to work those dollars out of us once we can't pay them.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Seems only fitting that China's army is being made to match the U.S army , seeing how its the people in the U.S paying for the dam thing .

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
OK I have to ask...

Pulls out his tin Foil hat and snuggles into it.

This is like the fourth or fifth thread regarding the "NEW" Chinese threat in the Pacific. How many times will this type of thread be posted. Because I'm starting to think it's because of one of two reasons.

Either this is an internet Communist plot to bolster an Image of China as a up coming super power or it's a CIA plot to try and scare Americans into thinking that we need to spend "more" money on Defense from a "Growing" Threat either way I say it's BS.

I'm glad the Australians feel the need to build up their Navy. In my humble opinion that's a good thing. The US has been shouldering the responsibility for more than a few decades. It's funny China wants a deep water navy I say have at it. It's not like the US and her navy will shrivel up and wither away.

# Enterprise-class (1 in commission)
# Nimitz-class (10 in commission)
# Gerald R. Ford-class(1 under construction, at least 2 more planned)

[edit on 5-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
yes mate i agree with you, it's pure bollocks, like most things anyway..

it's fear mongering, to pass agenda's, its how its been and how it will continue to be

though i do say WWIII is coming..

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well duh!
I mean..

If your the 2nd world superpower you'd obviously be preparing against the 1 nation that can beat you.

Why would they prepare against .... lithuania?

Its a pointless statement!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The US is the most serious military threat that China could possibly face.

Of course their military buildup is designed to counter the United States.

The US military makes no bones about preparing for the possibility of conflict with China, because China is one of the most serious threats we could face.

That doesn't mean either the US or China has any intent of going to war with the other - just that each side must be ready if such a conflict broke out.

Military leaders in both countries must prepare for potential conflicts, whether they want them or not.

That's their job!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Actually we here in the west are doing a pretty dam good job of doing ourselves in , thank you very much . Perhaps China would be better suited to match that other country you were speaking of ? lithuania? was it ?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Well duh!
I mean..

If your the 2nd world superpower you'd obviously be preparing against the 1 nation that can beat you.

Why would they prepare against .... lithuania?

Its a pointless statement!

Of course since they're not allies! And it's not just conventional war, but those two are also evolving their cyberwar capabilites.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It's a known fact that China's military build up is being conducted with the belief that they(China) will one day fight a war against the USA.
This is news to people...on ATS of all places?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
What d you expect, it is only natural for the CHinese to assert their traditional dominance in Asia. The bigger and more advanced their forces the more it will cause America to retreat into the Eastern Pacific.

That being said, China can wield far more power over the US with economic and cyber warfare, than fighting a conventioanl conflict today.

Another interesting point China is rapidaly training scientists and engineers who will one day supercede Western dominance in these areas.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by rogue1]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
What d you expect, it is only natural for the CHinese to assert their traditional dominance in Asia. The bigger and more advanced their forces the more it will cause America to retreat into the Eastern Pacific.

That being said, China can wield far more power over the US with economic and cyber warfare, than fighting a conventioanl conflict today.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by rogue1]

WOW

I'm impressed.

You actually believe that don't you.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
i could care less, honestly.

who cares what they do? i got kids, a wife, a dog, bills and all that kind of crap. what some other country does or says is none of my concern.

i will not lose one bit of sleep over this.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
If I was Lex Luthor and I had to choose between carrying kryptonite and a gun, I'd carry the kryptonite. It's as simple as that.

You protect yourself from that which can harm you, not from things that can't.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
If I was Lex Luthor and I had to choose between carrying kryptonite and a gun, I'd carry the kryptonite. It's as simple as that.

The thing is that the Chinese government is not preparing for a what if scenario. They are preparing because they see war with the United States is inevitable, and they rather win it, hence they are doing everything in their power to crippe the U.S. economically, and later on militarily.

I just can't believe some people are so ignorant as to claim the Chinese government do not want to attack the United States, when we have a copy of a book written with the consent and under the orders of the Chinese government, by two Chinese coronels which describes the many ways in which they want, and are attacking the United States...

We even know from first hand experience that the Chinese government recruits, and is using hackers, as well as terrorists, to attack the United States..

We even have had Chinese high officials stating clearly that they will attack the U.S. sooner or later.

But this is just like the claim that the "Red Scare never happened", or even the claim by U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer that "Communism doesn't exist anymore".....such claims are made by ignorant people, who either have no reference, or knowledge about this topic.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Let them show up! we can just snort like pigs, sneeze their way and watch them run !!!!

But seriously they have been building up for sometime it isn't just something that happens overnight people. We have known about it for over 12 years now.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
China is building up, not to attack the US, but to replace the US as the world police, The US economy is going down faster than a 5 dollar hooker and will need someone to take the place to keep law and order in all countries around the world, we had a democratic world police, next one will be communist.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
China is building up, not to attack the US, but to replace the US as the world police, The US economy is going down faster than a 5 dollar hooker and will need someone to take the place to keep law and order in all countries around the world, we had a democratic world police, next one will be communist.

And you actually think that is going to be good?...

We had the Communists trying to take over, and successfully taking over several countries, and when the United States intervened to try to stop them, even American brainwashed College students would side with the Communists, and the idiots can't understand why millions of people have died trying to get away from Communist countries...

But you are right, without he United States the Communists can finally realize their dream of a Permanent Reovlution under a One World Government...

People think now the United States, and other western countries are not free?... just wait until the Communists do start WWIII.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by mattifikation

The thing is that the Chinese government is not preparing for a what if scenario. They are preparing because they see war with the United States is inevitable, and they rather win it, hence they are doing everything in their power to crippe the U.S. economically, and later on militarily.

I just can't believe some people are so ignorant as to claim the Chinese government do not want to attack the United States, when we have a copy of a book written with the consent and under the orders of the Chinese government, by two Chinese coronels which describes the many ways in which they want, and are attacking the United States...

We even know from first hand experience that the Chinese government recruits, and is using hackers, as well as terrorists, to attack the United States..

We even have had Chinese high officials stating clearly that they will attack the U.S. sooner or later.

But this is just like the claim that the "Red Scare never happened", or even the claim by U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer that "Communism doesn't exist anymore".....such claims are made by ignorant people, who either have no reference, or knowledge about this topic.

exactly mate!

it's not a what if, but a when! and that could be the scary part, they know its going to hit the fan soon.. and we know too, so do many other countries..

and they way things are shaping, it will be sooner then later

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join