It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Juicing recipes (Add your own)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Hi gang,

I am an avid "juicer" as in I have at least one big glass of organic vegetable juice a day and go on a one week juice fast four times a year.

My usual daily juice consists of the following:

Celery
Carrots
Ginger
Parsley
Beets

I use an Omega masticating juicer and add:

Little sauerkraut juice.
Spoon of Flax seed oil.
Spoon of Aloe Vera extract.

Every once in a while I might add kale, spinach, or another green leaf vegetable though I find they make the juice to oily for me to enjoy it. I also find that tomatoes and cucumbers are best enjoyed as food rather than juice other than on those occasions when I am doing a juice fast.

If I am on a juice fast I will have fresh orange juice in the morning followed by a shot of wheatgrass juice, the above concoction for lunch, and some other combination of fruit juice (mostly apple) in the evening, with loads of water in between.

Anyhoot, I wanted to find out what you guys enjoy and get some ideas from you as to the tasty combinations you have discovered.

[edit on 4 May 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hello, anyone?

Don't make me bring out the prune juice!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yum yum SDog....That's a great recipe! I'm not as into juicing as you are, but I *lurve* melon juice...usually cantalopes or honeydew, and mixed with crushed ice on a hot day it's like nectar. Absolutely can't beat it. I seem to have a bit of a sweet tooth when it comes to juice, as my other favourite is carrot, apple and ginger. Not so fond of the veggies, I'm afraid.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

'Love' you latest avatar

I got a juicer, but i admit i don't use it. I was given it, used it once and found it a messy experience
I was not long after informed that juicing does not count as part of your 5 a day unless you keep the roughage part in it. Now, i just use the blender, less mess and better for you apparently - me, i love banana and strawberry smoothies

a link to various strawberry smoothie recipe's:

www.recipes4us.co.uk...

Now am wanting one and way to late to do anything about it

[edit on 5-5-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae

Not so fond of the veggies, I'm afraid.

Hey hunni, why you scared of the veggies

www.selftrading.co.uk...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Wow a whole week with no food? Never heard of a juice fast before, how much weight do you lose during one of those?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

It kind of depends ...

The right way to do a juice fast is to eat progressively less in the two weeks leading up to it and the other way around when coming out of it.

I find that the first three days are the hardest with the third day being a nightmare of your body screaming for food. By the forth day I find myself not getting hungry anymore.

You can lose a good deal of weight during a juice fast but it is easy to put it back on if one returns to poor eating habits after the fast. It is more of a detox thing for me, a purging/flushing of the system if you will, the human version of an oil change.
It is a less aggressive version of a true water fast which can be much more taxing on the system.

There are loads of good websites on the benefits and how tos of juicing and juice fasting like juicefast.org, but I am happy to provide other links if you're interested.

On a side note about weight loss ... I have serious back issues which preclude me from serious exercise, and as a result I found myself weighing 265 back in December (I am 6f. 1 inch). I started juicing every morning and having one reasonable meal a day at dinner time and I now weigh 228 with my aim being under 200 pounds by year's end. And this is with no exercise at all.

So if one sticks to it I can vouch for the weight loss benefits.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Sounds interesting, I'm going to look into it. Thanks for the link.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

I was about to give you a serious answer about how I loved veggies but preferred them raw or roasted, until I saw your link....naughty MCoG!

I do love smoothies too. My favourite is one I came across in a cafe in Belfast of all places....milk, avocado and a little bit of honey....it's totally delicious! Not too much honey though, as the other flavours are kinda delicate. Yum!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

glad you liked it hunni. I love veggies and like most varieties/types of veg, i do eat meat but rarely, i prefer veg, cheese, eggs, bread, pasta and fish. I have a steamer so most of my veggies are either steamed or roasted - roasted parsnips and potatoes being my favourite veg (closedly followed by mash potatoe - yum) and tomatoes my preferred salad item and Raspberries and brambles are my favourite fruit.

Will have to give that smoothie a try, sounds lovely, i'll try to find a recipe on the net and give it a go

[edit on 6-5-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The beer diet is quite a good one.

What you do is get drunk every day for as long as you possibly can.

Don't eat food.

???

Profit!

The problem is that it does eat into your social network and if you have to talk to people at work it can result in being fired.

It is fun though!

-m0r

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
And i always like juicing fruits,such as apple,orange,grapefruit... Besides,i really can't drink celery....
y...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
My favorite juice is carrot with a little apple and enough jalapeno to give it a good bite.

Then I love to just juice a cantaloupe! That's heaven in a glass!

I've juiced just about everything (fruits and veggies) you can think of! Love the green juices, too!

new topics

top topics

join