It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Supports Treaty Outlawing Gun Possession!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animal

HR45 scares you because they will now if you have a handgun or assault weapon? that is telling.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Animal]

This a very simple matter of privacy. Just like my medical records, phone records, finances, and everything else in my life, including guns is none of your damn business nor is it the business of the government. I am breaking no laws so leave me alone.

I have nothing to hide but I also don't need anyone else telling me how to live.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
don't blame Obama, blame the bad guys they're the ones who using guns for illicit purpose which pressured the Congress to take action for gun control. If Obama or Congress never control the guns then who's gonna stop and reduced gun related crimes such as robbery, murder, intent to hurt and terrorize, and the flow of illegal firearm trafficking. Gun control will do more good than trouble. I understand that some you gun hobbyists are upset of this stricter gun control and higher price but hey don't blame Obama and the Congress, blame the bad guys for making this happen.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by roboboy]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Look isn't it obvious what the real problem is here?

Taking our guns away doesn't help law abiding people, the people who go through the process of even buying a gun. The majority of people who own guns LEGALLY in the first place don't go out and commit violent crimes. It's those who come across them ILLEGALLY that do.

No matter what country you're from, no matter what laws you have. Bad People Do bad things regardless of the law.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
This a very simple matter of privacy.

Your right to privacy ends at the same place where my right to live without the threat of gun violence begins mate.

I am HAPPY to know the government wants to track handguns and assault weapons.

Don't like it? Then move somewhere where you can do what you like with your guns.

No one is trying to tell you how to live, they are simply trying to keep track of devices that have been increasingly involved in the killing of WAY too many humans to be ignored.

Just like my medical records, phone records, finances, and everything else in my life, including guns is none of your damn business nor is it the business of the government.

I disagree, a gun(s) is VERY different from your medical records, phone records and finances. Guns can be used to KILL people rather easily your phone or medical records can not. Who owns guns designed for KILLING humans is absolutely My business and the business of the government.

I am breaking no laws so leave me alone.

I have nothing to hide but I also don't need anyone else telling me how to live.

Cool, I am okay with that, buy I will not budge on making sure there is a balance between your freedom to carry a gun and my freedom to live without the fear of being killed by a gun.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I am appauled that the Obama wants to even try to take our weapons away! He will not accomplish his goal that's a promise! The Americans will NEVER let this happen! We will go into Martial Law for sure!

I will fight tooth and nail for MY rights! I will fight tooth and nail for my NEIGHBORS rights! I will fight tooth and nail for my COUNTRY!

**For all the men and women in our service that are overseas fighting for our freedom, may god bless you all......Come home safe and sound! To those men and women of our armed forces that lost there lives for our country & freedom...we will carry on your torch and will fight to keep our country free!!!!

WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP OUR RIGHTS!!!! NEVER!!!! So you muslim loving idiot !!! Keep messing with the America!!!!!!!
/**This country will not turn into a muslim nation......that's for damn sure!!!!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Still, 'tis a slippery slope...

I agree completely and I am very skeptical of this administration and Congress overall, but especially on gun control issues. This particular one, however, seems to be of no immediate concern, though when combined with future domestic anti-gun legislation, it certainly could turn into a problem. Still, at face value, I don't think it is.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
I don't see what the fuss is about. We aren't allowed guns in this country and there's less violent crime/murder than there is in the U.S.

Isn't it possible that your guns being taken away is a price worth paying? You can use stun guns or cattle prods to protect you instead can't you? Does your defence HAVE to be lethal? Can you not use non-lethal devices instead? That way we won't have to read about kids accidently blowing their heads off because they've been playing with Daddy's gun? (okay I know tht particular example is rare but it's only an example)

Now, obviously I'm going to get a pro-gun rant aimed at what I've just said, I'll probably be subject to a few examples of situations where people's lives have been saved due to gun ownership but when it comes down to it abolishing guns would save more lives than having them, hide behind the second amendment all you like but that's a fact.
criminals will still have there guns and i cant see them robbing banks with cattleprods...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NVBeavis
I will fight tooth and nail for MY rights! I will fight tooth and nail for my NEIGHBORS rights! I will fight tooth and nail for my COUNTRY!

WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP OUR RIGHTS!!!! NEVER!!!! So you muslim loving idiot !!! Keep messing with the America!!!!!!!
/**This country will not turn into a muslim nation......that's for damn sure!!!!

The above statement is a perfect example of how and why the right-wing of this nation is being looked at as a rabid and dangerous animal.

"fight tooth and nail for my rights", which rights are those? It appears what has you in this state is guns.

"So you muslim loving idiot, you keep messing with the america", what are you talking about? Obama? A muslim nation? Really?

I mean come on guys, the hysteria is a bit much.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

You don't have the right to "live without the threat" of anything. You have the right to be moral and just, to be thoughtful and considerate, principled and educated. You have the right to live, seek happiness and joy. You have the right to choose your path in life. Anyone who tries to impede on those rights are the ones you should fear.

This world is what it is. It is not safe, never has been. Life is what you make it, or in some cases, what you watch on television.

The bad guys are not the citizens who are responsible for their own lives.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I mean come on guys, the hysteria is a bit much.

It is, to a point. Nothing has happened yet. That said, would you feel the same if the administration were speaking of curbing your internet access, sharply restricting your ability to travel, controlling the media, or any number of initiatives that might weaken rights you do care about? Probably not.

Does it only become important when the rights being lost or attacked are ones that we as individuals cherish, whether it adversely affects anyone else or not?

[edit on 4-5-2009 by vor78]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The back door gun advocates have continued to push through a bill which will require all ammo to be serialized or coded.

This will require a federal database, to include persoal ID, fingerprinting. It will list how much of which caliper you own. It also states that all uncoded ammo will be destroyed also making re-loading equiptment illegal.

I have a thread on this. The date of June 30th has been pushed back but the bill is up for review again in this 2009-2010 session.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It infringes upon our rights. The taxes alone on this ammo would cause people not to buy it.

We should all prepared to hand over our guns or do something about it. Maybe I'll buy a civil war book. It's much easier now days with computers, yet no one will stand up. We all just complain.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
reply to post by Animal

You don't have the right to "live without the threat" of anything.

Are you serious?

Why do you think we have a police force mate? Or an army?

Please, the idea I do not have a right to live with out fear of something is a bag of garbage.

I also love how contradictory it is to the so often cited 'I own guns to protect myself and my family" line. Based on your logic there is no excuse to own a gun for protection because you don't have the 'right' to live without fear of something. What a crock.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
...would you feel the same if the administration were speaking of curbing your internet access, sharply restricting your ability to travel, controlling the media, or any number of initiatives that might weaken rights you do care about? Probably not.

Does it only become important when the rights being lost or attacked are ones that we as individuals cherish, whether it adversely affects anyone else or not?

[edit on 4-5-2009 by vor78]

Sorry but the

whether it adversely affects anyone else or not?
is TOO big a distinction to overlook.

Guns adversely affect thousands of people int he nation every year. Sadly those who cause the suffering are criminals and their actions are effecting law abiding citizens.

The control of the internet, travel, the media or the like can NOT be compared to the control of guns.

Guns were made to kill, they are still used to kill, and there are guns who only intended purpose is to take HUMAN lives.

I am sorry it upsets good people but there are a LOT of bad people taking advantage of the prevalence of guns in our society and something must be done to stop it.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Animal

You don't have the right to "live without the threat" of anything.

Are you serious?

Why do you think we have a police force mate? Or an army?

Please, the idea I do not have a right to live with out fear of something is a bag of garbage.

I also love how contradictory it is to the so often cited 'I own guns to protect myself and my family" line. Based on your logic there is no excuse to own a gun for protection because you don't have the 'right' to live without fear of something. What a crock.

Emotional? You were not born with the right to never be afraid of anything mate. If you think so, I can understand why you are emotional.

People have been warring since history began. You can't stop it and neither can I. Although I bet we both wish we could.

I am a military vet and I don't own a gun. But I may change my mind, hopefully before its too late.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do. It is hard not to be afraid. No one ever promised you that life would be fair did they? If they did, they lied.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

No one ever promised you that life would be fair did they? If they did, they lied.

Your so right!

Remember as a kid in school when some idiot in your class did something the whole class suffered for?

Well it is the same deal with guns. Some other idiots messed up everyone right to 'bear arms' so we all suffer as a result.

Sucks that life isn't fair, right?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

The other guns simply were not tested, for a variety of reasons.

The other guns were not tested for one reason - they didn't come from the united states.

It's easy to say 90% of the guns we tested were from the US, when you isolate only weapons from the US to do those tests.

It's the same method they use to manipulate polling data to show what they want it to show. They poll only a certain number of people that are likely to give them results favorable to their agenda.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
I can't believe so many people are jumping on this story from infowars and taking it at face value. People are too lazy to do some research themselves and see what the bill being proposed is really all about.

It has nothing to do with banning personal firearms people, read the bill, then comment. Don't take Alex Jones word for ANYTHING.

This worried me for a second when I saw it. Then I realized "Oh right.. Alex Jones" So I checked the NRA's website. No mention of this piece from what I could see. Worry was gone.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

No one ever promised you that life would be fair did they? If they did, they lied.

Your so right!

Remember as a kid in school when some idiot in your class did something the whole class suffered for?

I changed schools every year, so my perspective is not similar to yours.

Well it is the same deal with guns. Some other idiots messed up everyone right to 'bear arms' so we all suffer as a result.

Sucks that life isn't fair, right?
Yes it does and wishing won't make it go away.

Most of us don't want violence. But when it comes, I will not back down nor wait for someone to save me. Relying on someone else does not sit well with me. From personal experience I say these things. No one ever came to my aid when I needed it. So I learned how to take care of myself. I really don't want someone else having exclusive control over my life.

Bad things happen. We must know how to take care of ourselves in every scenario. Society is messed up. I have no answers. Just thoughts.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

No its a shame that people like you, who wish to be sheep in a wolf's world keep thinking those of us who want to keep our rights and our constitution tell us to leave and for you to think that everything would be peachy keen if we did. If you wish to live in a world with no fear then get a pair and start living with out fear. Stop trying to make uptopia out of a world that would never accept it. We who wish to live our lives in the manner we wish don't need you to keep telling us we're wrong and your the one with the perfect reasoning! You live your way and we'll live ours and we'll see who is still standing when your rights get taken from you because you believe in the utopian ideal.
Zindo

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
"Obama Supports treaty Outlawing Gun Possesion!"

This is disinformation. Agenda over facts.

I understand the comfort one feels when an article tells them what they already believe. That reaffirmation of a dislike of a given person or politician, but truth is important, that inner voice that nows better. It might not be as loud as that emotional voice screaming See! See! He stands for everything we stand against...but that quite voice is an honest one.

Once again I was frustrated that a cursory examination of the topic revealed that this is pure BS.

This treaty is about the ILLICIT manufacture and trafficking of arms. A very lucrative illigal activity that fosters unrest, genocide and misery in many places in the world.

Even the NRA acknowledges that this treaty is not aimed at lawful gun owners, but they will oppose it anyways ...becuase they believe that anything to do with any restrictions on guns equates to "they want my guns"....

And so ...pick and choose your facts...spin a story..don't worry about the truth...and off to the races with another pro-gun propaganda piece...."Obama Supports Treaty Outlawing Gun Possesion" Does anyone not feel like that is a BS headline?

When someone embraces falsehoods and BS to make their case they become discredited and damage rather than help their cause.

blogs.abcnews.com...

"The treaty does include language suggesting that it is not intended to restrict 'lawful ownership and use' of firearms," said NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre and NRA Chief Lobbyist Chris Cox in a statement. "Despite those words, the NRA knows that anti-gun advocates will still try to use this treaty to attack gun ownership in the U.S. Therefore, the NRA will continue to vigorously oppose any international effort to restrict the constitutional rights of law-abiding American gun owners."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join