It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Supports Treaty Outlawing Gun Possession!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Obama Supports Treaty Outlawing Gun Possession!

www.infowars.com

Obama has promised Mexican President Felipe Calderon that he would urge the Senate to take up CIFTA. He is doing this under the cover of the drug cartel violence in Mexico. Obama and Calderon quoted a statistic echoed by the corporate media that 90% of the weapons seized in Mexican raids were purchased from U.S. gun shops and a reason why the U.S. needs to ratify this treaty. In fact, this is a lie — only a mere 17% of guns found at Mexico crime scenes havebeen traced to the U.S.

CIFTA would bury the Second Amendment under “pertinent resolutions of the United Nations General Assembly.�
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
What happened to CHANGE? I did not expect this from Obama, I have to believe the shadow government that was behind George Bush, and his administration is still in power and pulling Obama strings. If the CIFTA treaty is ratified, then I could see a huge protest against this administration. For a long time our government has been looking for an excuses to squash the second amendment, so they will have the power to stop any militia from forming or to overthrow a corrupt government. This is what this CHANGE is all about.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
This is not a surprise. Obama IS a gun grabber, so is Eric Holder and Pelosi. They've said it MANY times.

Now they are going for it... with that and HR45.

Disgusting. A fight is coming... Civil war, revolution or slavery, your choice.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
If true, (it is infowars, after all) this doesn't surprise me. It only makes sense that the anti-gun nazis would use the Mexican drug violence as an excuse to make an attack on the Second Amendment.

TA

+20 more 
posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
If the government would stop illegal immigration or crossings of our border, MEXICAN DRUG LORDS WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO BUY GUNS IN AMERICA -- THEY WOULDN'T BE HERE!!

But yet I have to give up my right to a gun because 2,000 miles away in Texas some scum bag bought a .45 and killed another scum bag in Mexico?

#$!@ you Obama. Come and take it!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
If true, (it is infowars, after all) this doesn't surprise me. It only makes sense that the anti-gun nazis would use the Mexican drug violence as an excuse to make an attack on the Second Amendment.
TA

I believe the source is over exaggerating to a certain point, however it was even in MSM that the Us and Mexico where seeking a way to curtail gun ownership in America.

With Clinton, Holder and Pelosi it's only a matter of time. Sooner or later, they WILL limit gun ownership in some way or another.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Obama and the democrats wanna take our Guns?
They dont say,,,,wow.
I never saw this comming.

They want power they cannot have, an absolutely WILL NOT have.
Its like they have a death wish or something. I mean come on, our
leaders should be smarter than that. Well, if they try this, I can guarantee(along with many other armed Americans) that they are going to hit a wall of pissed off and armed citizens ready to defend their liberties as if it were their own lives.

Most of the time "CHANGE" comes with the price of blood.
I hope they get smart, real quick. This wont be fun for anyone if they dont.

+5 more 
posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I will never turn in my guns under some treaty.

Its bad enough when the gun grabbers in the US try to ban them but under the US constitution there is absolutely no provision for any treaty to over rule the rights set down by the constitution.

This is just a back door for the democrats to claim they were forced to take our guns and blame it on the international gun grabbers.

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

There is two things that the US constitution makes very plain

One its a document by the people for the people.

Two only the people can change it.

Not some foreign power or treaty.

One thing it does not state but is granted is that it is a document by the people and for the people.

Under the constitution you will find no place that gives any atority for anyone in the government to surrender any power granted by THE PEOPLE to any foreign power or agency.

I other words no one IN the US government has the power to surrender any part or power given the people by the Constitution.

In a war there is no one in the US government that hold the power to surrender. ANYTHING.

Only The People hold that power.

Any official of the US government that signed any treaty that violated the US constitution would be a traitor to the people and automatically be in violation of the constitution and be subject to arrest for treason.

This would mean that the people of the US would not be bound by any unlawful document that is signed.

Let anyone outside the US that believes the people do not hold the ultimate power under the constitution try to take our rights from us and find out what happens.

A few people in foreign power understood this.

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Documents reveal that Imperial Japan, Nazi Germany, and USSR
all considered and rejected a land invasion do to the the private arms
ownership in the USA. Were considered to be risky.

Soviet Unions highest ranking Officer General Aklameyov in a visit aboard the US carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt(CVN-71) said and i quote

"My greatest fear of having to ever confront the United States in war is not in your arsenals nor nuclear weapons but in the competence and skill which your youngest ENLISTED men and women maintain and operate the most modern of equipment, AND the prospect of facing 200 million armed and angry American Citizens."

In three months of 2008 people in the US bought enough guns to outfit the entire Chinese and indian army's.

Do you wonder why some countries would like the US disarmed.

Do they have plans for when the US people disarmed.

If the US was invaded and every gun owner got one good shot there is not a invading force on the planet that would survive.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ANNED]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
This is the only thing that obama is right about so far.

I am sure plnety of americans will disagree though, and i just wonder how they will get the guns if ever of you lot.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
I did not expect this from Obama,

I did. Absolutely I did. And I think it's going to get worse.

The first thing they have to do is disarm Americans. They have to do that before they can push through the rest of their nefarious agenda.

Originally posted by Rockpuck
#$!@ you Obama.

Ditto.

Originally posted by andy1033

You aren't an American, are you?

It's called the SECOND AMENDMENT.
Obama helping the world take away our Constitutional rights.
He's anti-American scum.

As Rockpuck said so well ... SECURE THE BORDERS and then the Mexican thugs won't be able to come get their %17 of American guns from here.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I find it funny that you think they would make you turn in your gun. After all. Why do that when they can make it useless by taking your ammo away...

Just saying, they might not be after the gun so much as the ammo.

Cheers,

Camain

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I don't see what the fuss is about. We aren't allowed guns in this country and there's less violent crime/murder than there is in the U.S.

Isn't it possible that your guns being taken away is a price worth paying? You can use stun guns or cattle prods to protect you instead can't you? Does your defence HAVE to be lethal? Can you not use non-lethal devices instead? That way we won't have to read about kids accidently blowing their heads off because they've been playing with Daddy's gun? (okay I know tht particular example is rare but it's only an example)

Now, obviously I'm going to get a pro-gun rant aimed at what I've just said, I'll probably be subject to a few examples of situations where people's lives have been saved due to gun ownership but when it comes down to it abolishing guns would save more lives than having them, hide behind the second amendment all you like but that's a fact.

+7 more 
posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
I don't see what the fuss is about. We aren't allowed guns in this country and there's less violent crime/murder than there is in the U.S.

Isn't it possible that your guns being taken away is a price worth paying? You can use stun guns or cattle prods to protect you instead can't you? Does your defence HAVE to be lethal? Can you not use non-lethal devices instead? That way we won't have to read about kids accidently blowing their heads off because they've been playing with Daddy's gun? (okay I know tht particular example is rare but it's only an example)

Now, obviously I'm going to get a pro-gun rant aimed at what I've just said, I'll probably be subject to a few examples of situations where people's lives have been saved due to gun ownership but when it comes down to it abolishing guns would save more lives than having them, hide behind the second amendment all you like but that's a fact.

Facts are easy to prove, lets see your proof. There is none, because you are wrong. Dismissed.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by cyberpilot]

+6 more 
posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

If you are happy with your Country's anti gun law, then thats good.

We are just as happy with our right to bear arms.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by camain

I have three reloaders.

Let them stop selling ammo. I'm good for about 2 years without having to resupply.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by andy1033

You aren't an American, are you?

It's called the SECOND AMENDMENT.
Obama helping the world take away our Constitutional rights.
He's anti-American scum.

Too right i am not american, but americans do have an obsession with violence, and this is just projected throughout the world.

I know obama is there to bring in stuff to help destory america, but you guys still voted him in, though they gave him a nothing person to run against.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberpilot
Facts are easy to prove, lets see your proof. There is none, because you are wrong. Dismissed.
[edit on 4-5-2009 by cyberpilot]

So you are trying to say that if every gun was suddenly taken away from the U.S there would be no great reduction in murder? Could you explain how that would be possible? Dismiss yourself boy, you haven't got a clue.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Let them try and take away our guns. It will be the largest mistake ever made by any president.

Banning automatic weapons from being sold is something we put up with, but if they come to our HOMES and try to take our guns from us they will likely get a bullet to the face on many occasions.

By the way. Taking away the British Citizen's Guns didnt stop the killing!

[edit on 5/4/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Yes, we do have some problems with guns here in the UK, but gun crime is far less here than the USA and the vast majority of British people have no desire whatsoever to own a gun and are quite happy with the current policy.

We have never had 'the right to bear arms' so it could never have been taken away from us.

I assure you we have enough problems here at the moment without adding to them!

However, I fully understand your stance and that of the majority of US citizens over this.
It is your constitutional right and something that is part of the 'American psyche'.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
More disinfo BS - the treaty does not ban gun possession, it's an arms trafficking treaty, affecting arms sales that are already illegal across national borders

If you read the actual bill, which Jones even links to, it says nothing about private firearms ownership. Jones is being deceptive in order to alarm people, as usual.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join