It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Growing Discontent

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Because this will not be a return to freedom unless you consider anarchy and chaos freedom.

Excellent point, Whaaa.
Star for you. The aftermath will be much more difficult than the uprising, should it ever take place.

People need to realize that.

As far as the military siding with the revolutionaries, you'd (collective you) better think long and hard about that. The first order of business, and the one that will have the support and approval of the overwhelming majority of Americans, and thus will be the main tool of the gov't against the rev's, will be.....Restoral Of Peace.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Your concern about people of color.

Picture this for a moment. Something happens, and it's chaos. Everywhere.

Stores are closed. Deliveries are not being made. Food is no longer in supply at the stores because there are no employees.

No one is at work keeping the electric on. No one is at the gas stations, who ran out the first few days.

Banks are closed. Transactions are not being made.

The Social Services are no longer supplying Welfare, Unemployment, or Food Stamps, because they can't transfer the funds, there's no banks to handle transactions, and there's no stores open to buy anything anyway.

Think for a moment. Those elements of our society who currently feed off of the producers of this society are now no longer being handfed.

See any problems here?

Recall what happened in New Orleans?

Even the cops?

That Wal-Mart was looted in just hours. And then what will they do? Because the cavalry isn't coming.

We saw neighborhoods armed up and prohibiting entry to those who didn't live there.

People of color will generally turn to violence to eat. Many not of color will turn to violence to loot and eat.

Thirty days.

Uncontrollable for 30 days.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

The consequences of allowing our birthright to be turned into the statist hell of progressive fascism far outweigh the aftermath of a just revolution. Of course, there will be anarchy and chaos at first, but this will be the natural result of the statist attempt at disarming the American people and enforcing international law here; this will be the reason that the next national emergency will be engineered.

Any American that believes the next black flag op, peacefully surrenders his arms and gets chipped deserves the chains he will wear. As another great American said “… and may posterity forget you were ever our countrymen.”

I know the US Military will join us, MANY I trained are still active and high ranking. They know too well what is up.

[edit on 5/3/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas
I fear not death, it is an old companion I have cheated more than once; what I fear however is to lay in the grave of a ‘rebel’ having shed a single drop of innocent blood. I therefore contend with all my soul for reason and honor to prevail over the violence of ignorant reaction.

This is one of many quotes that I pray will live on in textbooks for our children's children. The words of a true patriot. A considered and calculated patriot.

A mortal patriot, and a moral man.

Admirable traits.

Time and again on threads similar to this very one, I see the same screen names. I think to myself that surely there must be more men (and perhaps more importantly, women...) that are truly willing to write what they feel, what they KNOW to be true.

I admire and respect your call for moderation. Your plea for patience, your cry for awareness and careful planning.

I too fear that there will be a catalyzing event. A singular moment of great shock and tradgedy that will unite the "unawakened masses".

I also agree that those that have walked the walk must assume a role of passive leadership to outlast those crucial first days after this unknown event.

Yes, the potential for massive damage to infrastructure is there. The potential for foreign powers to benefit from our internal struggle is there...

We have been through this all before... most notably beginning with the early days of our first struggle for independence...

Our founding fathers followed through. It was by their sheer perserverance and faith in the concept of our republic that they triumphed. Tyranny has no chance against such will.

We will, we MUST stay focused on our goal. We need not be concerned with the material consequences, so long as we remain moral, and just. Remember always that the ideals that our founding fathers laid down in our beloved Constitution are the same ones that we are working so diligently to restore, no matter the sacrifice.

I am beyond the turning point, as are many of you, brothers and sisters. There is no looking back, or returning to complacency.

We owe our lives to the men and women that gave theirs for our liberty, as well as the children we concieved and promised that liberty to...

I admire all of you for your conviction and dedication, may Providence be kind to you the rest of your days, and guide you on the honorable and just path.

[edit on 3/5/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Star from me Sarge! Additionally, I believe the two parties have and are engaged in further dividing the people of our great nation. I think the past election cycle has done more to promote class warfare than any I can remember.

The MSM, in partnership with the elite, are on a constant quest for examples of events and statements they can label as racist, redneck, etc. I fear there is already a vast chasm amongst the citizenry, by design. I know you are aware of the term 'cannon fodder'.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I know the US Military will join us, MANY I trained are still active and high ranking. They know too well what is up.

I also have faith. Many brothers and sisters have "been there, done that"... they see the light.

Every day, I seem to be telling another person in "utes" about "Oath Keepers", or "Slave Uprising"... I leave it at that most times, and allow people to explore on their own. I'm leading the proverbial horse to water.

I am aware that I have exposed myself to scrutiny, and am aware of the potential risks.

I truly hope that the majority of active duty remember the oath we all swore, and intend to keep it sacred.

I'm counting on it, with my freedom and possibly my life as collateral.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

Those that take lightly the rush to arms have never stood in a hail of fire watching friends die, they have never tasted raw fear nor smelled death; they are fools who dream the dreams of glory in combat. From such principled reason and restraint is impossible without firm direction; for most part it is the sin of the youthful dreamer of honor in mortal struggle. Not to say that there cannot be honor in combat, but to seek it for its sake is the game of fools.

Your review is too kind sir, while from my heart, the quote you site is but verbiage in comparison to the words of the men who started this nation. I count it an honor just to have the title of American that they wore. Never the less, I thank you for your kindness.

[edit on 5/3/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Yes, I fear there will be too many that end up cannon fodder, one need only preview the vast majority of post to threads such as this one to foresee that. Sad that so many are so blind.

Thank you for your post and review TEXAN (the highest compliment to be paid these days).

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Well stated everyone. You make me feel . . . comforted. At times, it's easy to feel like you're the only one who feels a sense of dismay and disbelief at what we see.

It's easy to feel a bit alone.

But we aren't alone. That great big silent majority will not be raising their voices, so much as doing that which is necessary at the select moment things need doing.

Principled, deliberate, direct effort will ever prevail over rash determinations of the moment.

I was one of three that went berserk one time in my earlier days. By the time we were finished, we were a bit sick to see what we were capable of.

Never again.

I hope.

We can always go farther, deeper, faster, higher, and longer.

But we can never go back.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

You are never alone my brother; no one who would stand for liberty at this critical juncture in our national destiny will ever be alone. We will rewrite the planned statist hell for this Union with our fidelity and courage; we will secure the destiny of this nation for the people and by the people with our pledged sacred honor, and we will live forever with the certain knowledge that this UNION SHALL STAND!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

You are correct Becky! IMO Nice post. I agree with you all, it would not be pretty.
I wont interupt here with my snarkyness, only to say right on Sarge and thanks for the u2u! I also "woke up" around that time!
The bailouts should have been a clue to the rest, at the very least.
Your doing a bang up job here on ATS! I sure dig your smarts and writing style.
I appreciate everyones service to the cause also. Wanted to post some stuff to read that pertains to the thread if its cool.

I keep hearing the same sentiment expressed in conversations between ordinary Americans: "things in this country are only going to continue getting worse until we have an armed insurrection."

www.opednews.com...

Beyond that, there is growing discontent in America ... there is a growing realization that states are in financial trouble, businesses — some employing many people or providing the better part of the economic base for a community — are going out of business or moving their business to other countries. People are finally beginning to wake up to the fact that their rights and liberties are rapidly disappearing, as is the economic base and stability of their nation — something many of us have been saying for some time now. For our efforts, we've been called many names ... radicals, religious fanatics, the "black helicopter" crowd, extremists, hate-mongers, bigots ... to name a few; none complimentary, none intended to be.
www.newswithviews.com...

Frighteningly accurate trends forecaster Gerald Celente says that America will see riots similar to those currently ongoing in Greece and that the cause will be a hyper-inflationary depression, leading to the inevitable use of troops and mercenaries to deal with the crisis as Americans are incarcerated in internment camps
www.sodahead.com... on-in-nearly-every-sector-of-our-economy-factor-in-the-radical-changes-in-society-and-you-have-a-perfect-storm-for-civil-unrest/

Is revolution brewing in America? As things deteriorate around the globe economically Americans are starting to realize what a bad place they are finding themselves in and that Americans for the first time since the great depression are losing jobs at an alarming rate, losing their homes, savings and the way of life they have grown accustom to.
www.renewamerica.us... A Must Read!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I dont want to derail this thread but every one reading this thread should take a gander at this other tread thread .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems they are piling it higher and deeper all the time

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Wishful thinking. The military will follow the chain of command and side with the ones that pay their salary, feed them, bind their wounds and never ever join the forces of undisciplined revolution,anarchy, chaos.

Anyway Israel will attack Iran soon and that will derail any focus on revolution by anyone as we are slowly but surely drawn into the conflict.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by whaaa]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Wonderful post, my friend. Thank you for sending me a U2U about it. I have not been as active as I should be on ATS lately due to the Swine Flu hype.

It will only be a matter of time before people like us are needed more and more by the population. Right now people are flocking to us for our ideals and opinions.

I just truly hope that the sheeple realize that TPTB do not have their best interests in mind and are oppressing them piece by piece.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Not wishful thinking as I have dinner on base quiet a lot and visit numerous other bases and forts. They will not fire on Americans defending their homes and rights - you will be surprised I'm afraid.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

Not wishful thinking as I have dinner on base quiet a lot and visit numerous other bases and forts. They will not fire on Americans defending their homes and rights - you will be surprised I'm afraid.

Whaaa will also no doubt be suprised when (IF) something happens between Israel and Iran, it will not distract or derail the Patriot movement. We saw through the "swine" influenza smokescreen, why should a war in the middle east trump our liberty? It won't, rest assured, regardless of any involvement our Federal puppet regime commits us to, if any.

I eat dinner on my local Navy base occasionally as well, and sometimes shoot the bull with Marines on the gate while walking the dingo(when they actually post Marines instead of the contractors- those guys are another issue...), a whopping 1000 or so yards from my front door. As previously mentioned, it's prudent to know your neighbors and their intentions before TSHTF... And I feel quite comfortable with these particular neighbors.

The service men and women are awake, at least in my neck of the woods.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Thank you for joining the thread and for your contributions! Once again, right on time additions dodadoom! Don’t worry as I missed your snarky replies – colorful spice in any thread, thank you.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

The Swine Flu hoopla side tracked you? I find that hard to believe for one of your insight, but then this is ATS is it not. Good to have you join and perhaps field some post to the thread with your lucid and thoughtful responses – thank you Tenickles, good to hear from you my friend.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Throughout America there is a growing populist undercurrent of discontent; a largely subconscious feeling that, as I have said before, ‘Something This Way Wicked Comes’.

LOL... oh, and during the Bush years everything was hunkey dorey?

This cracks me up to no end.

We have lived under a bastardized form of Roman Governance for over 200 years, and NOW you think somethings not quite right?

Let me tell you when it went sour... when George Washington put down the Whiskey Rebellion.

It was at that point in time we lost the ideals the Revolutionary War was fought for.

You are right about one thing... it's trendy now to be a conspiracy theorist...

Everything else is just flavor of the month...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I've heard many times that the military would "follow orders", do what they were told, etc., etc.

Our military don't come into existence from a vacuum. These are the sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, cousins, aunts, uncles, nephews, neices, friends, and neighbors of all of us.

And they are better men than I was when I was serving.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join