It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: New Satellite Photos Could Pinpoint Location of Noah's Ark

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This summer, a team of 10 explorers will climb the 17,820 feet tall Mount Ararat in Turkey to prove that an object buried in the snow is Noah's Ark. This object was first seen in 1957 by Turkish air force pilots, but the area was off limits at the time due to the Soviet's belief that the explorers were American spies. Daniel P. McGivern, president of Shamrock, The Trinity Corporation, will be leading the expedition upon approval of the Turkish government. McGivern claims that last summer's heat wave in Europe has partially exposed this structure and new satellite photos have helped to pinpoint the location of the Ark.

www.latimes.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">L.A. Times
An expedition is being planned for this summer to the upper reaches of Turkey's Mount Ararat where organizers hope to prove an object nestled amid the snow and ice is Noah's Ark.
The goal: to enter what they believe to be a mammoth structure some 45 feet high, 75 feet wide and up to 450 feet long that was exposed in part by last summer's heat wave in Europe.

Explorers have been searching for the Ark since the ban on Mount Ararat was lifted in 1982, but so far no one has been able to find the evidence to prove that the Ark does exist. The Ark is the famous boat detailed in the book of Genesis where Noah and his family, as well as hundreds of animals were said to have entered and kept safe during the great deluge. Skeptics say that although there is evidence of a flood in Sumerian times, it is not possible for a flood to have been so large that it would leave a boat at the top of the mountain.

The Trinity Corporation has been searching for the Ark for years and last year they hired DigitalGlobe's Quick Bird satellite (world's highest resolution commercial imaging satellite) to take pictures of the area and found what they claim is a man-made structure on the mountain. McGivern said of the photos, "These new photos unequivocally show a man-made object. I am convinced that the excavation of the object and the results of tests run on any collected samples will prove that it is Noah's Ark."

Older photos taken by the CIA and dating back to 1949 reveal something on Mt. Ararat that was referred to as the "Ararat Anomaly." The anomaly is about 600 ft long which is close to the description of the Ark in Genesis. Although the original picture was taken in 1949, it was not released until 1995 when it was requested under the Freedom of Information Act. The U.S. Defense Department and CIA still refuse to declassify their KH-9 and KH-11 satellite imagery of the anomaly taken in the 1970s.

1949 CIA Photo of "Ararat Anomaly"

Photo from 2003 (Courtesy of Digital Globe)

Close-up of 2003 photo

Additional Information:
List of known expeditions
Story from Genesis

Related ATS Discussions:
Noah's Ark
What world-wide event affected people 12000 years ago?

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by dbates]

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Kano]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
i hope they will find not a wooden ship but one of a much different type of material like a space craft...

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
if it's not noah's ark, then i bet it'll be an ancient monestary of sorts. the prongs could have been from roof supports... but i guess we'll find out in coming months (hopefully).

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I've seen a special on nova once. It's up that high because of the "great flood" that happend long ago. There was even an old story of a man and his boy hiking to the old remains and actually climbing inside. After so many years, you can hardly trace the remains now because of the weather conditions atop of Ararat. There have also been discoveries of fossilized plants and animals that could only live under water found near the area of the Ark.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Article released today:
Noah's Ark Found? Company Claims Commercial Satellite Has Picture Proof

Satellite photos of Mount Aratat, Turkey taken by commercial imaging satellite company Digital Globe released today are said to contain proof of the existence of the biblical Noah's Ark.

The images, revealed at a press conference at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. (see right), are said to reveal a man-made structure at the site where the Bible states the vessel came to rest.

An image:

seekerof

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Im sorry I just dont see it

How big is Noahs ark supposed to be anyway?

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This is a huge discovery if this is true. If this is true why havn't we gone to the ground and take a look? It could be just anothere boat.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zuzubar
This is a huge discovery if this is true. If this is true why havn't we gone to the ground and take a look? It could be just anothere boat.

dont mean to sound cheeky, but how many boats have you seen lodged at the top of mountains???

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If a ship is found,why does it have to be Noahs ark. It could be the original ship the bible authors stole the story from.
Please,just because a boat is found doesnt mean its noahs ark.
A whole fleet of ships were found buried in egypt.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I think it is a giant rock or some sort of glacier.

If the world flooded to that point all vegetation on earth would die. Since the bible doesn't say God revegetated (my own word) the earth all the animals would die for lack of food.

I think people should look at other mountains to see how many ark shapes they find.

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by Qraz A.K.A. MIlfort]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Ehhh...it doesnt look like a boat one bit too me. Just a bunch of rocks in an unusual position. Maybe the fell during an avalanche or something. [shrugs]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Ashley, its not often that you would find giant boats buried at the top of mountains.

Especially when the locals say it is Noah's ark.

However I have my doubts over this news info.

For the last 20 years or so they have been looking for it on Ararat, and nothing concrete is ever found. This is suprising as the mountain is not very high, its quite rolling instead of pointed. It can't be easy to HIDE anything up there, its been so well photographed.

However there are OTHER ranges in Northern Iran (somewhere near one of the 'stans) that are meant to be the place of the ARK as well. These places are REALLY difficult to get to, and seem more likely to be the place from my reading.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
im sorry but termites will have a field day with this once i get there, i mean theres nothing to see here folks keep on moving free coffee in the lounge!

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
If these satellite pics can find Noah's Ark or something to chase after, how good are they for reconassance? Live satellite spying is a crazy concept.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
i think just part of the middle east flooded cuz if the whole world flooded then when the water evaporated the air would be so wet u couldnt breathe

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
there was something on the discovery channel about it being there

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
but it is a rock because glacial movement would cause the ark to be close to the bottom of the mountain now

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
but it is a rock because glacial movement would cause the ark to be close to the bottom of the mountain now

Thats unless the mountain was much much higher before or somethin?! (its 1:05am give me my dues hehe)

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
People, Noahs ark supposedly had two of every animal, actually in the bible its more like 6 or more, anyway, that would have to be a continent sized boat, at least an England sized at the smallest, unless there was some kind of Noah magic, because species would have existed that would be extinct now and it is clearly IMPOSSIBLE to build a boat of that size, WAKE THE HELL UP, it's so ridiculous, wood rots in water, even if it was real the flood would have destroyed it, stop talking about the damn boat. I don't need anyone to reply to this either with bible nonsense, just think about it, that's all I ask.
"DENY IGNORANCE"

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Ashley, its not often that you would find giant boats buried at the top of mountains.

Especially when the locals say it is Noah's ark.

However I have my doubts over this news info.

For the last 20 years or so they have been looking for it on Ararat, and nothing concrete is ever found. This is suprising as the mountain is not very high, its quite rolling instead of pointed. It can't be easy to HIDE anything up there, its been so well photographed.

However there are OTHER ranges in Northern Iran (somewhere near one of the 'stans) that are meant to be the place of the ARK as well. These places are REALLY difficult to get to, and seem more likely to be the place from my reading.

It is strange to find a boat on a mountain but not impossible. Maybe as the waters receded and the boat was tethered and abandoned that was where it rested. No big deal.
I have seen some pretty good pictures of the boat and it looks like something manmade. I am saying why does it have to be noahs ark. Most likely the noahs ark fable is nothing but a fable,plagerism at best. There are lots of stories about floods and boats and things way before the bible authors compiled them and claimed them all as theirs.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join