It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

simple question again! does your mind have a shape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
here i go again.. now this is linked to my other thread but i wanted to make it kinda new as the question is not the same but the method of understanding IS...

here is the other question if you missed it www.abovetopsecret.com...

So here it is: Does your mind have a shape?

and when you post take your time to look at the sky be for you do "its a clue"

ill post after some posts

Enjoy looking at the responses

S / A -

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
your mind is square and mine is round.
that is relative to everyone, because everyone can think outside the square. most choose to think more about the thoughts of others and rely on others knowledge rather than seek to gain their own.

its not possible think outside the circle as the circle is infinite and goes on forever, as opposed to the square which ends and changes direction.

[edit on 3/5/09 by spearhead]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
hiiiiiiiiii symmetricAvenger, good post once again

I'd say the mind has all shapes

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Im going to have to say the shape of the mind is the same shape as that of the universe.

This thread ought to be interesting, I plan on sticking around for this one to unfold.

Rekar

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
the shape of your mind may be directly connected to your state of mind.
just a theory.

if you could correlate an axis to an emotion than you could effectivly give each state of mind a shape. the size and dimension of the shape would be governed by the emotions involved in the correlating state of mind.
axis X,Y and Z for 3D shapes.

if you were angry it would combine for example
X - fear
Y - confusion
Z - aggression
the length of the axis is related to the strength of the emotion.

problem is there are more emotions than concievable axes. therefore, you would need to be able to understand and comprehend further dimensions.

this is where is get incomprehensible. but all good ideas are crazy to begin with.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The state of your mind in emotions are the same always..

The universe is a relfection of "the mind" emotions are actions so if that was the case in respect to your theory then each galaxy would be some kind of emtion?

as we know it relfects ones mind it must have some repsentation of our emtions also!

i like it! :p i didnt think of that
mind u im always trying not to think alot it makes me sick

in a very real way btw

but great post star for u!!!

Now u got me thinking again :p

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Very interesting thread. It got me thinking....

The more I've learned and worked with the body's energy systems, the more I've realised, or intuited, that the mind does not occupy the same space as the brain, but sits around the physical body as part of the aura, or human energy field, and is indistinguishable from emotion at times. Mind and emotion are completely linked and co-dependant. It can contract, change shape, colour and texture, depending on our mood and health. So....in answer to your excellent question, the mind as I see it is kinda egg shaped, but with variations in colour size and almost every other variable possible. Most importantly, it is not contained by the body, in any aspect.

Just my thoughts....

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
the theory that the universe is a reflection of the mind is difficult to swallow. there would be billions of universes all over lapping to comprise a single earth. the theory works but is very broad. if at all the mind is a relfection of the universe.
you want to try to break it down

states of mind change and cannot remain constant. so the shape relating to the mind will change accordingly
we currently only understand 3 axes, so the only comprehensible way to measure a shape of mind is to designate an axis to the comprising emotions. this is the cartesian co-ordinate system
width - X
length - Y
height - Z
these are the 3 dimensions

to concieve the shape of the mind you must incorporate many more axes. leading to more dimensions.
the universe is under constant change as is the mind so your shape cannot remain constant.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The mind has no shape. You can however shape your mind.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

The mind has no shape. You can however shape your mind.

very witty. but the conflict here is that if you were to shape your mind the end result is that your mind has a shape.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ok, lets cut to the chase. The question in question is Does the mind have a shape. Answer No it does not have a shape. And now comes the beating around the bush part. Does the MIND have a shape? This begs the question Is there such a thing as the MIND? Does the mind have A SHAPE? First you gotta know is there such A thing as SHAPE? The MIND does not have a shape, however the MIND is shaped. I know you all is sayin thats just semantics, fancy verbal dancing around the figurative bush, I know, you all is wanting to know is What's the Mind shaped like. Well, thats easy to answer, the MIND is shaped like the MIND. OK, I know more titalation, more pussyfootin' around the answer, not because I don't have an answer, there's just no way accurately convey the answer to you/him/her/me/anyone. Does the MIND have A SHAPE? Techinically, YnEoS, the MIND has A SHAPE that is undetectable by for sake of a better word the MIND. The MIND, the seat of consciousness, that which detects all things, detects all things except itself. You want to know what SHAPE the MIND is, you got to detect the detector. Thats the trick, to turn CONSCIOUSNESS upon itself to be the CONSCIOUSNESS CONSCIOUS of being CONSCIOUS of being CONSCIOUSNESS. Make sense? Yes, I know it makes no sense, at least any sense that is sensible. But you wanna know the shape of the MIND, right? That in itself is unsensible so bear with me. The MIND is shaped like no thing that has ever been seen or conceived of. Technically, YES the MIND has A SHAPE, but since we can't see it or feel it or accuratel y convey its shape you'd have to say that, NO it has SHAPE, on a technicality. WOW so much for cut to the chase, I fookin beat a trail around the bush. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
my mind is a cluttered universe probably waiting to implode...or already have.

seems like the less people knew the more happier they were.
or i just need to work on not being overwhelmed with what im taking in.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by platipus]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Most Infamous
Oh, man you guys are gonna kill me for this but all that stuff I wrote earlier has to be amended by adding the word NO.
the correct sentence is NO, it has NO SHAPE. Not NO it has SHAPE. Sorry

Ok, lets cut to the chase. The question in question is Does the mind have a shape. Answer No it does not have a shape. And now comes the beating around the bush part. Does the MIND have a shape? This begs the question Is there such a thing as the MIND? Does the mind have A SHAPE? First you gotta know is there such A thing as SHAPE? The MIND does not have a shape, however the MIND is shaped. I know you all is sayin thats just semantics, fancy verbal dancing around the figurative bush, I know, you all is wanting to know is What's the Mind shaped like. Well, thats easy to answer, the MIND is shaped like the MIND. OK, I know more titalation, more pussyfootin' around the answer, not because I don't have an answer, there's just no way accurately convey the answer to you/him/her/me/anyone. Does the MIND have A SHAPE? Techinically, YnEoS, the MIND has A SHAPE that is undetectable by for sake of a better word the MIND. The MIND, the seat of consciousness, that which detects all things, detects all things except itself. You want to know what SHAPE the MIND is, you got to detect the detector. Thats the trick, to turn CONSCIOUSNESS upon itself to be the CONSCIOUSNESS CONSCIOUS of being CONSCIOUS of being CONSCIOUSNESS. Make sense? Yes, I know it makes no sense, at least any sense that is sensible. But you wanna know the shape of the MIND, right? That in itself is unsensible so bear with me. The MIND is shaped like no thing that has ever been seen or conceived of. Technically, YES the MIND has A SHAPE, but since we can't see it or feel it or accuratel y convey its shape you'd have to say that, NO, it has NO SHAPE, on a technicality. WOW so much for cut to the chase, I fookin beat a trail around the bush. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Most Infamous

ur stating the obvious and literal.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

now you understand

=]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

what he says is true, it has no shape, but one can make it one, math is only to understand you

new topics

top topics

join