Are We Ignoring H2N3? News Outlet Speculates About A Different Influenza In Mexican Deaths

page: 1
17
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Everyone is blaming H1N1, but could a different strain of Influenza be the cause of Mexican deaths? Clinica - a news source for the medical technology industry - wonders what implications that would have for Mexico and the rest of the world.

Clinica is investigating the details and significance of Mexican health ministry statements that the H2N3 influenza virus was responsible for the majority of cases tested in an influenza outbreak in early April, three weeks before H1N1 came on the scene.

The existence of an additional strain of the disease would raise fundamental questions concerning the management of the swine flu epidemic internationally.

Comments made by Mexican health minister José Angel Córdova Villalobos during an April 27 press conference refer to the investigation of an outbreak reported in Perote, Veracruz, on April 2. The response on that day is said to have triggered a local alert and that in looking for the influenza virus, the majority of cases tested were H2N3.

Clinica said they have not been able to ascertain from the health ministry the details behind these assertions, and that they await a response from the World Health Organization (WHO) to a request for feedback related to the presence or otherwise of H2N3 in Mexico, and the potential implications.

In terms of national pandemic control policies, the UK's Health Protection Agency said that its current screening of suspected cases is being targeted at detecting H1N1 and that, in not monitoring H2N3, the presence of this virus would not be revealed automatically.

What would be the implications of undiscovered H2N3 infection, such as in cleared suspected cases of H1N1? Would the co-presence of H2N3 fill in the ongoing gaps in understanding of H1N1's higher mortality rates in Mexico?

www.scientificblogging.com...

The question now is will those different strains mix sometime to produce yet another one?




posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Finally an interesting Flu thread.

Good find OP S&F for you.

I think the ramifications of such a thing would probably be very big. Considering the CDC would have knowledge of such things if some of those samples tested positive for that particular strain.

They would take alot of public backlash in the event such a thing were true.

Hmmm...Strange..

~Keeper



posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It seems like they've (TPTB) got this covered from multiple angles, using multiple strains.

See the BOLD sections in the quote above and then read this:

Virus mix-up by lab could have resulted in pandemic

March 6, 2009

"It's emerged that virulent H5N1 bird flu was sent out by accident from an Austrian lab last year and given to ferrets in the Czech Republic before anyone realised. As well as the risk of it escaping into the wild, the H5N1 got mixed with a human strain, which might have spawned a hybrid that could unleash a pandemic.

Last December, the Austrian branch of US vaccine company Baxter sent a batch of ordinary human H3N2 (SWINE) flu, altered so it couldn't replicate, to Avir Green Hills Biotechnology, also in Austria. In February, a lab in the Czech Republic working for Avir alerted Baxter that, unexpectedly, ferrets inoculated with the sample had died. It turned out the sample contained live H5N1 (BIRD) flu, which Baxter uses to make vaccine. The two seem to have been mixed in error.

Markus Reinhard of Baxter says no one was infected because the H3N2 was handled at a high level of containment. But Ab Osterhaus of Erasmus University in the Netherlands says: "We need to go to great lengths to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen."

Accidental release of a mixture of live H5N1 and H3N2 viruses could have resulted in dire consequences. While H5N1 doesn't easily infect people, H3N2 viruses do. If someone exposed to a mixture of the two had been simultaneously infected with both strains, he or she could have served as an incubator for a hybrid virus able to transmit easily to and among people."



posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


Thank you.

I think this is a very nice read and its ramifications something to ponder about.

This is barely the beginning. Hummmm. Fasten your seat bets. The ride is about to start.



posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I was actually wondering if this was the reason why there were so many deaths in Mexico. I felt that they either had released this much earlier there, and it was mutating much faster and longer to this level, or, there were at least 2 strains released.

And all of this is done with Obama's election and his promise to bring in universal health care too.



posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Very interesting find!

I myself have been thinking about the supposed differences in the Flu in the US and in Mexico. First thought that came to me was are their different strains of the virus attacking the same population, with obvious different results.

I must investigate this farther.



posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
H3N2 was in the vaccine for this year in the US as it was expected to be one of the major viruses in circulation.


The flu vaccine protects against the three main flu strains that research indicates will cause the most illness during the flu season. This year’s influenza vaccine contains three new influenza virus strains. They are:
* A/Brisbane/59/2007(H1N1)-like virus;
* A/Brisbane/10/2007 (H3N2)-like virus;
* B/Florida/4/2006-like virus.


CDC

You may be absolutely correct and this may be why they are lowering the death rate.



posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread and thought it ties in with OP's article.

Are we about to create an endless reassortement through antigenic shift?



posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mexican against NAU

Last December, the Austrian branch of US vaccine company Baxter sent a batch of ordinary human H3N2 (SWINE) flu, altered so it couldn't replicate, to Avir Green Hills Biotechnology, also in Austria. In February, a lab in the Czech Republic working for Avir alerted Baxter that, unexpectedly, ferrets inoculated with the sample had died. It turned out the sample contained live H5N1 (BIRD) flu, which Baxter uses to make vaccine. The two seem to have been mixed in error.



Originally posted by Mexican against NAU

Comments made by Mexican health minister José Angel Córdova Villalobos during an April 27 press conference refer to the investigation of an outbreak reported in Perote, Veracruz, on April 2. The response on that day is said to have triggered a local alert and that in looking for the influenza virus, the majority of cases tested were H2N3.


Just wondering if you know. In one quote the article says H3N2 and in the other, it says H2N3. Is this a typo and they both are the same thing or are they referring to two different strains of human flu?



posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
or one is swine the other is human?



posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This would explain a bit, but is this strain also present in other countries by now or is it in line with the weather conditions for effectiveness? As in does it only seem to have a killing effect once in a hot climate or season like in Mexico? This is a theory I have posted before in the recent past about, except for the original strain of H1N1.
But what would be the motivation behind a possible ignoring of this one? Would it be for the provocation of such things as martial law or is it plain stupidity?



posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Just a little more info on H2N3


Commentary Swine H2N3 Recombinomics Commentary December 20, 2007 Researchers have identified a new strain of swine influenza--H2N3--which belongs to the group of H2 influenza viruses that last infected humans during the 1957 pandemic. This new strain has a molecular twist: It is composed of avian and swine influenza genes. The research team studied an unknown pathogen that in 2006 infected two groups of pigs at separate production facilities. Both groups of pigs used water obtained from ponds frequented by migrating waterfowl. Molecular studies indicated the unknown pathogen was an H2N3 influenza virus that is closely related to an H2N3 strain found in mallard ducks


Source



posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Burred_Dawg
 


They are different types altogether. There is both a H3N2 and a H2N3. Currently I don't believe there is a H2N3 influenza majorly infecting humans, which this thread is titled around.



posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
i found this artical on the American Free Press site..interesting...here is link.
www.americanfreepress.net...



posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mexican against NAU
It seems like they've (TPTB) got this covered from multiple angles, using multiple strains.

See the BOLD sections in the quote above and then read this:

Virus mix-up by lab could have resulted in pandemic

March 6, 2009

"It's emerged that virulent H5N1 bird flu was sent out by accident from an Austrian lab last year and given to ferrets in the Czech Republic before anyone realised. As well as the risk of it escaping into the wild, the H5N1 got mixed with a human strain, which might have spawned a hybrid that could unleash a pandemic.

Last December, the Austrian branch of US vaccine company Baxter sent a batch of ordinary human H3N2 (SWINE) flu, altered so it couldn't replicate, to Avir Green Hills Biotechnology, also in Austria. In February, a lab in the Czech Republic working for Avir alerted Baxter that, unexpectedly, ferrets inoculated with the sample had died. It turned out the sample contained live H5N1 (BIRD) flu, which Baxter uses to make vaccine. The two seem to have been mixed in error.

Markus Reinhard of Baxter says no one was infected because the H3N2 was handled at a high level of containment. But Ab Osterhaus of Erasmus University in the Netherlands says: "We need to go to great lengths to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen."

Accidental release of a mixture of live H5N1 and H3N2 viruses could have resulted in dire consequences. While H5N1 doesn't easily infect people, H3N2 viruses do. If someone exposed to a mixture of the two had been simultaneously infected with both strains, he or she could have served as an incubator for a hybrid virus able to transmit easily to and among people."


Do you really believe this was an "error"? If it was, they are totally incompetent, and could have caused the biggest death toll in the world, ever. Were there any consequences to this "error"?



posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
H3N2 was in the vaccine for this year in the US as it was expected to be one of the major viruses in circulation.


The flu vaccine protects against the three main flu strains that research indicates will cause the most illness during the flu season. This year’s influenza vaccine contains three new influenza virus strains. They are:
* A/Brisbane/59/2007(H1N1)-like virus;
* A/Brisbane/10/2007 (H3N2)-like virus;
* B/Florida/4/2006-like virus.


CDC

You may be absolutely correct and this may be why they are lowering the death rate.


Now that is strange? According to WHO the H1N1 is new. yet it shows it as being around in 2007?? Am I wrong or does something smell fishy here? And on top of all of that they are saying there is no flushot for H1N1 yet above it says there is? This is getting very strange. And did they actually vacaniate us with the killer virus and maybe now its been set loose on the world?



posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Has anyone speculated that the virus that is infecting and killing people in Mexico is engineered to genetically target Mexicans ? If so could you give a link on a thread or a post where they do speculate such a thing.



posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Thank you OP this is what Ive said all along. Glad some news is coming to light on it. Makes me wonder why no one puts two and two together to make four. This was all elementary to me. Mexico City being the perfect bioreactor. Ill tell you one juicy tidbit, if they had the capability to release this and get ahold of this... They arent rolling the dice, they will not depend on this to happen. That type of person does not gamble. If the pandemic does not come back in the fall the virus that was created will. Another words, theyve already got something to release, they dont need the bioreactor to actually work. That would just be a bonus.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Memysabu]



posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Personally, I found it very odd that only Mexicans have been dieing from this. At first, I thought it was poor health care. Then I read that that the child who died in Texas came from a very wealthy Mexican family and that his great uncle owns a health care system, of all things.

Although I do not want to believe it, something in the back of my mind keeps going on and on about how this was engineered. And if it wasn't engineered it is at least a product of the screw-ups that some companies have made.



posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Im wondering if they didnt throw h2n3 into the mix because of the bird migration patterns. For some reason it can cross contaminate via ponds etc. You could see h1n1 sweep thru then h2n3 with the coming migration. Its pretty bad I couldnt imagine anymore virii poping up but my friend just got out of the hospital she was in the 29th and 30th in DFW. Constant vomiting and deficating. Almost at the same time. Tested for h1n1 and normal human flu both tests negative. Got flu via touch.

In mexico the water is famous for being crappy, h2n3 does spread to other species via water. Its quite common for birds visiting water holes where pigs drink to give it to pigs.





new topics
top topics
 
17
<<   2 >>

log in

join