It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the Jews Apologize?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Should the Jews apologize? No

But, where do we draw the line? The Germans are still apologizing for what happened over 50 years ago, and the Americans are still apologizing for slavery that ended 150 years ago.

When will it stop???

AF1

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Should Christians thank the Jews?

If Jesus didn't die on that cross, wouldn't the entire basis of christianity be false. He had to have died in order to be brought back to life.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
DAMM AF1, that's a good point. If jesus had died of old age no one would know who he was lol.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AF1
Should Christians thank the Jews?

If Jesus didn't die on that cross, wouldn't the entire basis of christianity be false. He had to have died in order to be brought back to life.

Exactly what I was saying. They should thank them, Jews and Romans fulfiled God's plan, the purpose of Jesus being on earth was to die for our sins, according to christianity. The souls of millions are saved because of that ( if you believe in christian doctrine ).

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The only thing the jews need to say they are sorry for is Woody Allen.

If it werent for them there wouldnt BE a christainity.

Wait make that TWO things

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
The only thing the jews need to say they are sorry for is Woody Allen.

If it werent for them there wouldnt BE a christainity.

Wait make that TWO things

Amuk, that was great.

I think that all the religions that believe in one god should join into one religion and call it "The religion that believes in one all powerful god" or "conunusub" Coming under one.

Do the Jews not want to say that Christ was the son of God?

By the way i would like to direct this to God.

God, why do you toy with us. If you exist join you're followers together. You know we can't do it ourselves, we are just and violent naive in nature when it comes to religion. You should know this, you designed us. So please join your people, and inform all of those non-believers.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It had to happen, it was set to be that way, it was pre-ordained.

The Jews HAD to have Jesus killed, if they didn't then Christianity would not have happened. Jesus death created a whole sequence of spiritual events that lead to Christinaity.

I don't think the jews would gain anything by apologising, only make more trouble for themselves.

The Moslems, can't be blamed, because they DIDN'T exist for another 500 years

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
The Jews will never apologize for the crucifiction of Jesus because they are Jews, they run the whole world and they act likt their # don't stink. How come a Jew won't apologize for stepping on my shoes? Because he's Jewish.

Why should the Muslims apologize? They were no where near the incident.

No offense, I realize there is a lot of animosity between the Jews and Muslims, but I think there is a misconception about Jews and Zionists. Jews as a people have been sold out and used by the Zionists, and as a result they have been labeled by the rest of the world as elistist, secret rulers. Here is an excellent site that describes the feelings of the Torah Jewish population, regarding the Zionists:
www.nkusa.org...

As for the question of whether or not the Jews should apologize for Jesus' death, They have nothing to apologize for. Like has been said in a couple of previous posts, if you believe in the Bible's account of Jesus' death, then you also have to believe that the crucifixtion was a planned and necessary event, which had to happen for Jesus to fulfill his purpose. The Jews were acting the way they were supposed to according to those plans. Those people who feel justified in blaming the Jews for the death of Jesus, need to realize they are actually blaming God for causing his death.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
When Pilate saw that he could not prevail at all, but rather that a tumult was rising, he took water and washed his hands and said, "I am innocent of the blood of this Just person. You see to it." And all the people answered and said,

"His blood be upon us and on our children."

(Matthew 27:24-25)

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
ie: the jews and their decendants.

god has passed on the guilt of jesus is death to the new generations, at their request

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The southpark character was speaking from the point of view of child. Children think they can say sorry for anything and be forgiven. Its every child's modus operendi..

There is no reason on earth to expect any high rabbi or even any political figure to stand up and say, hey world, look, we're sorry 2000 years ago, Christ died and most of you think his blood is on our hands.

That's bs. The jews have been the scape goats of the whole stinking world for 2000 years, maybe since the time of the Babylonian captivity or before that. Once God chose them, everybody else got mad and started thrown stone literally and figuratively at them.

Get over it, people. It's ludicrous to base any opinions or reactions to another ethnicity because of something that happened way back in the stinking stone age, practically. Do you realize how irrational and pathetic that is?

BTw, I am a christian. My best friends grandmother died in Auschwitz. I haven't forgotten that happened. Nor should anyone else, but when I meet someone from Germany, do you think I spit in their face and call them Nazi's? No. Get over it.

Move on. We've got bigger issues to deal with today.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well, you all know my thnking on this so it doesn't really matter if the "so-called" Jews apologize or not.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Innocent until proven guilty, isn't it?

If the Jews were on trial for the murder of Jesus today, there is no way in hell that they would be convicted. The vast majority of the evidence points to the Romans being the ones who crucified Christ. Crucifixion wasn't reserved as a punishment for criminals - it was meted out to Enemies of the Roman Empire. Roman procurators would have had no time and inkling to get involved with internal Jewish squabbles. Pilate himself had offended the Jews many times with his heavy handed and blind ignorant treatment of their religion. He couldn't have cared less about any Jewish messiah unless that messiah was a direct threat to Roman power.

Apart from the carefully scripted and edited of the version of the Bible that we have today, there is absolutely no evidence that points to the Jews being responsible for Jesus' death. Hell, there isn't even any concrete proof that Jesus himself existed. What justification therefore is there to damn a whole race of people and demand an apology from them?

Common sense seems to go right out of the window where this subject is concerned. People who seem so fanatical about the truth are willing to condemn on the flimsiest of evidence.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashlar
When Pilate saw that he could not prevail at all, but rather that a tumult was rising, he took water and washed his hands and said, "I am innocent of the blood of this Just person. You see to it." And all the people answered and said,

"His blood be upon us and on our children."

(Matthew 27:24-25)

Consider the source of this text. The Bible. Written by Christianity, for Christianity, of Christianity. (Although the Church wants everyone to believe these are the words of God transcribed by man).

originally posted by LevellerApart from the carefully scripted and edited of the version of the Bible that we have today, there is absolutely no evidence that points to the Jews being responsible for Jesus' death.
Thank you!

originally posted by Ashlar
ie: the jews and their decendants.

god has passed on the guilt of jesus is death to the new generations, at their request

Really? God did this?
Sounds more like the Pilate did it & the Christians just carried out the sentence.

People, people. The Bible is NOT the word of God. Inspired by God, but not THE word of God. Yes, there is much that can be learned from the Bible. The information recorded therein was meant to enlighten the human race. However, these scripts are 1000's of years old. They were written in languages that are dead & we resurrected (to the best of our ability). They were composed, compiled, edited & published by HUMANS. Fallable, biased humans. Learn wisdom, tolerance & love from the Bible. Do not use it to condemn others.

Oh yeah, one more thing:

Ashlar's signature
"The Jews control America and the Americans know it." -Ariel Sharon

If the Jews control America, how come Texas oil bought the 2000 election and put a dumbass and an old bastard in the white house and the Jews weren't able to get deadwood & one of their own in?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Why should they apologize? They weren't there and it would be wrong for wanting them to apologize.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I've been holding back when it came to this thread. I think Israel in some way should apoligize for the innocent palestinian blood which has been spilt. I think jews could do abit more to try and fix relations with the Islamic world because things will get out of hand in the end.
Now moving to the religion, i cannot see how they can apoligize for the death of Jesus. How can a modern jew turn around and say "maybe he was the son of God, sorry"? .That would mean that the jews are wrong and their religion would collapse.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
No, they shouldn't apologize.

IF there was such a person (there is no historical evidence of it outside the Bible), and IF the actions were exactly as recorded in the Bible, then if we support apologizing to the Christians we should also start apologizing to the Mormons for killing off Joseph Smith and the Branch Davidians for killing off David Khoresh and then we should get various cultures to start apologizing for each and every death that occurred in the past.

Besides, IF Jesus was historical fact and IF the Bible is true... wasn't it God who set up the sacrifice? (Remember in the story of Moses, Pharoah feels compassion and decides to let the Jews go several times until God "hardens his heart" so that he says "no, don't let them go" and God can then proceed to send plagues.)

I agree with the others who are saying that God oughta apologize... particularly for that bit in the Garden of Eden when he knew Eve and Adam would eat of the fruit and end up sending the entire human race (except for a few) to Hell.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'll put aside for a moment the fact that some of you are arguing points about which you know nothing. I'll do that and move toward the question of the thread. Let us assume for a moment that it was the Jews who killed Jesus. Let us assume that the Roman governor for some interesting reason allowed his Jewish subjects (whom he had been kicking around for ages) suddenly have some authority and decide on a person's life. Let us assume that they used that authority to kill Jesus. Can you please explain to me the stupidity in your claim that descendants of those Jews 2,000 years ago should have to apologize for that? That claim is as stupid as the demand that every white person in America should apologize to every black person in America for enslaving people from Africa 200+ years ago. It is also as stupid as someone claiming that Jews should hate the descendants of long dead Germans who were involved in the Holocaust. They weren't there. They have nothing to apologize for.

Instead, what civilized people do is learn from past mistakes and try to prevent them from occuring again. A bull# apology on a bull# premise will do none of those things and is therefore a waste of time.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
the jews said

"his blood be on us and on our children"

A clearer admission of guilt there has never been

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673

I think the Romans killed Jesus, not the Jews

I hate it when people say that! The Jewish Rabbis killed Jesus because they saw him as a threat. Pilate (the governor) said you can do what you want with him, and that Jesus has done nothing wrong. The Jews were the ones that said kill him. They exnaged him for some murderer! So the Romans had nothing to do with it. It was all Jews!

Continue to read. You'll find out that the Jews were cut out so that we may be grafted in. The Jews did not do the cutting and grafting.

Read the words of Christ and think of how He speaks to them. It is obvious that it was He that rejected in a manner of speaking, and as far as "the Jews", the people were very receptive. The Temple leaders were always very secretive about nabbing Christ as they knew the masses would turn on them.

And finally, the Romans were the occupiers, and the Jewish leaders were not ones to give up their cozy positions of religious power or the luxuries of being the Romans' lapdogs.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join