It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Structure in Greenland - Crashed Alien?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Edited for objectivity.

Using Google earth, you are able to view what appears to be a massive orange and red structure in Greenland.

The coordinates are 70N 40W - its longest visible dimension is ~85km (53miles).

The features on the surface of the object, both regular and irregular are very different from anything in the immediate area, and the edges of the object tend to blend into clouds or fog surrounding it on three sides - so it does not appear to be a simple case of discoloration, or poor stitching of a frame.

Close inspection shows irregular features on the surface - pock marks, or indentations in clusters. Also present are parallel lines along its longest side - the east-west axis, and also a very regular stripe of a reddish color along it's east-west axis.

The fog seems to envelop the object on several sides, while the rest of the immediate area does not appear to be affected by fog, steam or clouds - this may indicate the objects contact with the surface is evolving this steam or fog.

If you zoom in you are able to see line that runs exactly north-south across its east end at 72 25N, 39 00W. That line terminates in the ocean at 65 25N 39 00W and the other end terminates at 77 56N 39 00W just short of a sharply triangular hole in the ground of huge size - the triangular hole does not appear to be missing data because the edge appears to be visible below ground level.

Near to the huge structure (69 02N, 42 30W) is a sharp rectangular cut into the earth - on inspection this may be missing data because the stitching aligns with its edges, and you can see no sign of anything below the surface.

Can someone post an image of the cable - particularly the end that terminates just short of the triangular hole in the ground.

PS - I am going to go and see it for myself as soon as possible - it will probably take me two weeks or so to get there.

Here's a link to a 'imaging' debunker.

www.rense.com...

Deny away.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Can you provide you us with coordinates or a screen shot?

Cheers!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Coordinates done - I dont know how to add a screen shot - its so damn big you could see it from orbit, you wont miss it if you check out Greenland.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Is this where you mean?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/191cc3c6b305.jpg[/atsimg]

Unfortunately I don't see what you're seeing, namely a crashed UFO.

But nice find anyway

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Wow, you derived a lot from that beautiful shot of nothing (in my opinion).

I might not have the correct mindset to see the same things as you do, as I don't spend much time trolling google earth for the bogeyman or proof of alien/UFO presence.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Looks like a giant razor blade. I think the quality is not good enough, could be just different colors from the sun or messed up data.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f0e40be1d74d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Its 85 kilometers long - its obviously a structure - its in the middle of Greenland - what are you not seeing?

When was the last time you saw a building that was 85 kilometers long?

What explanation can you offer for this thing? There are no reasonable explanations - you can deny it away if you like, but I would like to hear you explain it away.

Also - find the cable/pipeline - follow it to both ends - it clearly goes into the sea at one end - going into and under the water - slowly fading from view - not a hard edged digital problem - the other end terminates in a triangular hole in the ground.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
Its 85 kilometers long - its obviously a structure - its in the middle of Greenland - what are you not seeing?

When was the last time you saw a building that was 85 kilometers long?

What explanation can you offer for this thing? There are no reasonable explanations - you can deny it away if you like, but I would like to hear you explain it away.

It's the way the images on google earth are stitched together.

[edit on 2/5/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It looks like an orange slice to me! This could be the biggest orange ever known to man and a deliberate and well hidden conspiracy to prove once and for all that Citrus can grow in other places besides California and Florida!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Its got nothing to do with stitching - you can see the change of colour of the next stitched frame to its left - its sitting in the middle of its frame.

Also you should notice the regular parallel lines along its surface - then when you move to the discolored sections where the coating is destroyed - those lines are not apparent - the coating is plating, or tiling or something similar - either that or they are score marks from running along the ground.

Anyhow - I know what I see and I'm going to go and try to view it - I'll take my camera - will take me a few weeks to get there.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Here's a thought....

Why doesn't someone actually go there and see it first hand for evidence instead of using a photo taken via satellite as confirmation?

You can only see an bird's eye, pixelated view of whatever it is.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It seems to be casting a shadow? if whatever it is is buried, then it is huge, well a lot bigger than what you can see, it may be a glitch, or some other anomaly, the quickness of the dismissal makes me want to look a lot closer on other sites.

Most sites have the usual smudging, but all of them are different, different enough to tell if it is deliberate or not, going to keep an eye on this thread while I do a little diggin.

And they say believers are quick to jump to conclusions, LOL.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Very cool find!

But before you trek through Greenland looking for this thing, do a web search for "giant orange greenland google earth" or something like that. You may save yourself a long and expensive trip!

Here's one, but there are multiple links:

www.rense.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Reminds me of this supposed secret base in Antarctica:

Agree with you that the only way to know what's there is to take a picture of it!

[edit on 2-5-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
On closely inspecting the surface you can see markings that look to me like cratering - the distribution of these looks like concentrated cannon fire.

You need to get in close to see it.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE LOCATE THE CABLE AND POST A PICTURE?

A picture of a group of craters that look like cannon fire would be nice as well, I have some excellent ones.

If it was image stitching causing the problem - then the coloration should have sharp edges, or at least follow straight lines - but it does not - the object fades away on 3 sides in a fog - a fog that could be easily generated by dissipating heat. If this object were metallic and had come through the atmosphere - it would likely retain a lot of heat.

You can debunk all you like - this is the real deal to me.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Those are digital satellite photographs and what that could be , especially since it is square is merely corrupted data. The fact that in the close up we can see terrain underneath it in different colors would possibly imply this as well.
All color images are composed of Red,Green and Blue components. If one gets lost or corrupted in transmission then the first indication of corrupted data is color that doesn't match the surrounding area.

Anyone from ATS live in Greenland and would be up for a 4Wheeling road trip ?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Guys this is just an artifact.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biohazard³¹³
Guys this is just an artifact.

Wrong. It's the Ark! Either the Ark of the Covenant or Noah's Ark. One of them, anyway. Which one was the big one, again?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Is there a way of giving someone minus points as the title to this thread is completely misleading. "Strange anomaly in Greenland spotted on google earth" would be a better description. Minus flag and star.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I don't know about a crashed ship, but I must admit: this thing is gi-normous! Holy crap!
I wonder what it could be?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join