It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu IS RESISTANT to Anti-Viral Drugs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
From what I have read, it would appear that tests have found H1N1 to be resistant to Tamiflu, otherwise known as Oseltamivir.

The data I have found is quite an astonishing read.. Firstly I will provide a bit of info into a few other related items that I stumbled upon whilst searching for the info I was after.
Firstly it would seem that the H1N1 virus originates all from one source...

Two influenza A viruses were isolated from pigs in Thailand in January 1988 during the early febrile stage of an influenza-like illness. The isolates contained hemagglutinin and neuraminidase antigens related to those of swine H1N1 influenza virus. This result based on the virus isolation is compatible with the epizootiological evidence that, unlike the human influenza with peak activity in summer (May–July), swine influenza virus is prevalent in the winter season (November–January) in Thailand. suggesting that they may be of the same origin.
www.springerlink.com...

Please note the difference of infection periods between human and swine virus.

So it popped up in Thailand in 1988 and then in Korea, but with a North American connection..

A swine influenza H1N1 virus was isolated from a pig during a severe outbreak of respiratory disease in Korea. All genes of the H1N1 isolate, including hemagglutinin (HA), neuraminidase (NA), matrix (M), nucleoprotein (NP), non-structural (NS), PA, PB1 and PB2, were of swine origin. Also, all these genes showed a close phylogenic relationship with those of H1N1 viruses previously isolated from pigs in the United States. These results suggest that North American swine influenza virus has actually been transmitted to pigs in Korea.
sciencedirect.com

So now we come down to the hard core studies. This particular study makes fascinating reading and really opened my eyes up a lot about this flu virus. It would appear we are being fed yet another huge amount of propaganda and lies in order to turn a profit.

In Norway in January 2008, unprecedented levels of oseltamivir resistance were found in 12 of 16 influenza viruses A (H1N1) tested. To investigate the epidemiologic and clinical characteristics of these viruses, we used sequence analysis to test all available subtype H1N1 viruses from the 2007–08 season for resistance. Questionnaires from physicians provided information on predisposing diseases, oseltamivir use, symptoms, and complications. Clinical data were obtained for 265 patients. In total, 183 (67.3%) of 272 viruses were oseltamivir resistant. Resistance was not associated with prior use of antiviral drugs. Symptoms and hospitalization rates did not differ for patients infected with a resistant or a susceptible virus. Oseltamivir-resistant influenza viruses A (H1N1) did not show diminished capability to spread in the absence of selective pressure. The ability of these viruses to sustain their fitness and spread among persons should be considered when shaping future strategies for treating and preventing seasonal and pandemic influenza.
www.cdc.gov...

Don't that just knock you for six? I was stunned when I read that. There is a whole lot more info on this from the same source and is quite an in-depth read.
Further important snippets of info are these,

The influenza virus neuraminidase inhibitors zanamivir and oseltamivir were introduced into clinical practice in various parts of the world from 1999 through 2002 (1). Oseltamivir limits replication of both influenza A and B viruses (1). In most European countries, neuraminidase inhibitors are not widely used to treat seasonal influenza, but they are being stockpiled in many countries as part of their pandemic influenza preparedness.

Pandemic preparedness??? Was someone expecting something to happen this year..
Don't forget to look at the date of this publication.. February 2009...

the Norwegian national influenza center and at the Health Protection Agency confirmed the high proportion of oseltamivir resistance. This unexpected and unprecedented discovery had possible public health implications of international concern. On January 25, 2008, the Norwegian Institute of Public Health notified WHO of these findings under the International Health Regulations (6) and notified the European Commission through the Early Warning and Response System. The Institute also informed hospitals and physicians in Norway about a possible lack of therapeutic effect when treating patients with oseltamivir. By the end of January, oseltamivir-resistant viruses had been reported from several European countries (7).

Are we about to witness a global pandemic the likes of which have never been seen?
Although there are reports that this particular strain of H1N1 is not as deadly a some believe it to be, there is the possibility it could mutate or pick up parts of other viruses and become so deadly that it kills within hours.

Now, it does appear that other symptoms which can and do cause death are elaready known to be caused by H1N1;

Of 241 patients, 58 (24.1%) had >1 complications recorded, but no difference was observed between those infected with a resistant virus and those infected with a susceptible virus (Table 2). Bronchitis and pneumonia were the most frequent complications, reported for 22 and 17 patients, respectively. The age of the 17 patients who had pneumonia ranged from 8 months to 65 years (mean 29 years): 2 (12.5%) were 0–4 years of age, 5 (31.3%) were 5–14 years of age, 2 (12.5%) were 15–24 years of age, 4 (25.0%) were 25–59 years of age, and 3 (18.8%) were >59 years of age. Of the 17 patients with pneumonia, 15 were infected with a resistant virus.

It just makes you want to scream and shout.. this report is astonishing and it seems it has been brushed under the carpet for some reason.. And I feel that this reason is so that those with share in Tamiflu make a profit.

mod edit, fix link

[edit on 2-5-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
if they're stuck with using the placebo effect, advertising the fact would be counter intuitive, obviously.

fraud is fraud, though and the placebo effect is overrated, the same level or healing should be accessible by other means than deception.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
This was a post I made on the swine flu update board........This info is from a hospital in Charleston SC. The ER there has been flooded with flu like symptoms........many have tested positive with the info being withheld by the CDC......as far as tamiflu? This is what I was tolded........

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
I left something off my post........

They have been treating with Tamiflu.....

Many, I say many have returned to the ER sicker than when they have came in.

The hospital is working on seeing the effectiveness of Tamiflu........with concerns that it makes the "non" human strains more stronger against a weak immune system..

I have posted in several post that Tamiflu will not work against this strain......period!!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Your post got me wondering, to be honest....

I know there are a couple of religions that do not allow their people to eat pork. I guess pigs are considered VERY unclean to some?

Anyway... Just been wondering if it is some sort of a Conspiracy all-together that pigs' DNA is close enough to ours that we can share illnesses. Then also the fact that we have been conditioned into thinking we need to have millions upon millions among us. (Factory farmed, not fellow people....)

It would seem to be a pretty odd thing to think about, like I have been. You ever thought about all of the pigs we tend to have around, and have become addicted to eating even though they offer such horrible health problems? Were we set up for horrible problems, from the beginning of modern pig domestication?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

This was a post I made on the swine flu update board........This info is from a hospital in Charleston SC. The ER there has been flooded with flu like symptoms........many have tested positive with the info being withheld by the CDC......as far as tamiflu? This is what I was tolded........

I left something off my post........

They have been treating with Tamiflu.....

Many, I say many have returned to the ER sicker than when they have came in.

The hospital is working on seeing the effectiveness of Tamiflu........with concerns that it makes the "non" human strains more stronger against a weak immune system..

I have posted in several post that Tamiflu will not work against this strain......period!!

The biggest problem with Tamiflu is the side effects can be worse than the flu. The side effect only last about 6 hours but if you keep taking it well you get the idea.

I only took it once about a year ago as a "preventive" measure as everyone was sick here except myself (everyone in my family that is).

Within 2 hours of taking it I was hurling every 15 minutes for about 6 hours. Talk about dry heaves lol.

So I never took it again because if I kept taking it chances are I would have died. So treating with it is not a very good idea especially sense it doesn't seem to be effective, the only thing it will do is make things worse for people like me and chances are kill them not from the flu but from the side effects of the drug. Of course the flu will get blamed.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
In NZ they're telling us that Tamiflu seems to be fighting H1N1. In the news articles online there is always a picture of the Tamiflu box.

More flu vaccine brought in

Someone's gonna be earning a lot of money from this.

[edit on 2/5/09 by dmorgan]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Every single snippet in regards to this influenza reminds me of the old adage:
"An untreated flu lasts for a week, a treated one for seven days"

I feel that it is up to every individual to determine "how" one builds a natural, bodily immunity to this. I always by-pass the unnatural drug path; relying instead on solid and simple input. Good, fresh foods and liquids. Never forgetting that glass or two of red wine !!

Peace...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

You know that brought up something that I think is a very real possibility ..
Remember it was the madcow disease a few years ago where everyone was supposed to have been scared enough to not want to eat cows (Did not work) but they culled thousands upon thousands of them in Britian and elsewhere .
Now we have pigs ..and some countries are culling them now too (Egypt)
Which brings to mind this passage
1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, [and commanding] to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
1Ti 4:4 For every creature of God [is] good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
1Ti 4:5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

There is a huge call these days to quit eating meat (turn veggan) because they dont think animals should be eaten at all .....I wonder if this is more about getting people to quit eating meat than it is about population control.
or it could be both .........

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
AJ said yesterday he just got ahold of a top secret military document that said tamiflu does not work on this virus. I myself will go with the alternate anti viral not tamiflu. Which is also what the Dr here in Texas recomended. No good Dr will recomend that you take tamiflu.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu
AJ said yesterday he just got ahold of a top secret military document that said tamiflu does not work on this virus.

Well now we can all see that the info that AJ has got hold of is correct..no matter if it is from military or a Dr., the evidence I have posted here says exactly the same thing.

Swine flu H1N1 is anti-viral resistant.

this persons thread was an interesting read too.. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

The WHO seems to think Tamiflu will ease the suffering.
uk.reuters.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by Extralien

The WHO seems to think Tamiflu will ease the suffering.
uk.reuters.com...

The WHO must be liars then.. because as we see in the report that is linked in OP;

the Norwegian Institute of Public Health notified WHO of these findings under the International Health Regulations (6) and notified the European Commission through the Early Warning and Response System. The Institute also informed hospitals and physicians in Norway about a possible lack of therapeutic effect when treating patients with oseltamivir. By the end of January, oseltamivir-resistant viruses had been reported from several European countries

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
They know that tamiflu wasn't designed for this strain, because it's completely new, never seen before strain. I think they are using Tamiflu to keep people calm. I have heard many times from the CDC that the vaccine is 6 months from being ready to use. I'm afraid of all vaccines. I'm in healthcare and I see people hurt by drugs and vaccines all the time. I mean 6 months? How is that long enough to know the long term effects of the drug? It comes down to risk vs benefit. If this virus comes back next flu season, like I believe it will, and it becomes more deadly as the 1918 flu did, I will get the vaccine when people start to die. To me it will be a matter of life or death. I will not take Tamiflu or the vaccine in 6 months until I'm sure. Even my pets have died and developed chronic life threatening diseases from vaccines.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Extralien...my thoughts exactly. I am of the belief that H1N1 was birthed in a lab...as does General Honore and a few world renowned researchers.

For me the question then is why. I do not believe it is for population control, or bio-warfare. Bottom line is that Tamiflu stockpiles were collecting dust and most recently discovered to be ineffective. What better way to profit from a dying investment then to resurrect a need. Gilead along with Roche will have a vaccine ready in much less than the six months originally stated and then can take up where the Tamiflu falls short.....A continual stream of revenue.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The more I read about Swine Flu and where it came from the more I am sure that it is man made.

I dont know about a bio-attack, maybe it was accidentally released but the fact that it got into the general population is scare in itself.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
They know that tamiflu wasn't designed for this strain, because it's completely new, never seen before strain. I think they are using Tamiflu to keep people calm.

It would appear that Tamiflu is long out of date according to the test results in this report.

If H1N1 is resistant before, then it will be to any future strains too, unless by some pure fluke that it just so happens to be effective for one particular strain.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

If the flu is resistant to anti-viral drugs, is it also resistant to honey? Maybe honey can kill the flu? Either way, let's hope that the honey-bees don't die out.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

If the flu is resistant to anti-viral drugs, is it also resistant to honey? Maybe honey can kill the flu? Either way, let's hope that the honey-bees don't die out.

Add a dash of Garlic to the honey as well then, because...

To ward off viruses, bacteria, inflammation, fungus infections, cholesterol gremlins, digestive ails, scratchy throats, colds and creatures of the night such as mosquitoes, ticks and the occasional vampire, garlic is loaded with allicin, a potent sulfur compound that has been credited with having the power of killing 23 types of bacteria, including salmonella and staphylococcus, also contains vitamins A, B6 and C; selenium; magnesium; potassium; calcium; zinc; and flavonoids. making this "stinky rose" a powerhouse antioxidant and immune booster as well as a heart healer by lowering bad cholesterol, regulating blood pressure, improving circulation and preventing stroke.

Studies have also shown that garlic's allicin promotes weight control, kills parasites, boosts the body's defenses against allergies and is a good friend to diabetics by lowering insulin and triglyceride levels.
www.delmartimes.net...

I bet Tamiflu can't do two of those things..I'm doubting if it can do one of them TBH.

Edit to add; Don't forget that Honey and Garlic are NATURAL 'goods'. Our Human bodies benefit drectly from the natural compounds found in them. We are designed to take, use and naturally accept and benefit from these and many other things on this planet. Items such as Tamiflu are man made, designed by us.. so are cars and computers and look how often they go wrong...

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Extralien]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Its getting weirder..!!!
in Canada a man with the swine-flu has infected a hurd of pigs....first time a human infects an animal..

source:
www.tiscali.nl...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
More info about the evil tamiflu: and by evil, I mean Rumsfeld is involved.

Japan issues Tamiflu warning after child deaths

The Japanese government has warned doctors that Tamiflu, the drug being stockpiled around the world as a defence against a bird flu pandemic, should not be prescribed to teenagers for fear that it can lead to bizarre and self-destructive behaviour.[...]

But for the past three years, there have been alarming stories of young people succumbing to fits of self-destructive behaviour while receiving Tamiflu.

Relatives who believe that their children were adversely affected by the drug have formed a lobby group to demand its withdrawal from sale.

You won't hear that on CNN.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join