It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel warns EU to tone down its criticism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Isreal need's a kick up the a**e.

No more word's.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 3-5-2009 by h3akalee]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Wow, everyday I find one more thing to not like about Israel. If the EU had any sense about them they would tell Israel to @#!@ off. I feel for Palestinians hostages, since that is effectively what they are, not "people" according to Israel but good enough to hopefully prevent other Mid East from totally destroying them, a little insurance. Sad, so sad. At first, many years ago, I thought we needed to cut the umbilical cord to Israel, now sadly I know that will never happen, its less of an umbilical cord and more of a ball and chain with a life sentence.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by searching4truth]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Wow, more evidence of Israel's attempts a censorship and controlling opinion.
What a shock.

Israel, Here's a solution: stop being a big bullying, maniacal, hateful, violent, abusive, intolerant, fundamentalist nation and maybe the world won't have a bad word to say about you!

In an ideal world, where global groups and associations actually had some balls, the EU would politely tell Israel the freedom of opinion among member states is valued, and that censorship and propaganda is not.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
^^^^
If they want to rebrand their image, they should maybe ask you for advice.

Israel strives to re-brand image

By Ori Lewis and Ivan Karakashian

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - A walkout by European diplomats in protest at Iran branding Israel a "racist" state at a U.N. racism conference was a morale boost for Israelis.

But the gesture of solidarity at the United Nations forum in Geneva was unlikely on its own to change perceptions on the streets of the West, where critics of Israel held mass protests during January's Gaza war.

Human rights groups and U.N. investigators accuse Israel of war crimes in the Gaza Strip during a 22-day offensive against Hamas-led Islamist militants in which Palestinians say more than 900 civilians died -- a figure Israel disputes.

Israel has rejected the charges. It says that no adequate ethical code of war exists for conflicts in which "amoral" adversaries use human shields with total indifference.

"A people which lost a third of its members, a third of its children to the Holocaust, does not forget, and must not be caught off-guard," President Shimon Peres said in a speech marking the killing of six million Jews and others by the Nazis.

Since its founding in 1948, Israel has placed a special emphasis on "Hasbara" a Hebrew word describing the drive to explain how its actions, whether military or diplomatic, are justified and meet the highest moral standards.

Yet Israel is inextricably associated with conflict and war, and perceived by some critics as arrogant and cruel in its treatment of the Palestinians and its creation of settlements on occupied land which are deemed illegal under international law.

"Unfortunately, perceptions of Israel have always been nasty," Israeli deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon conceded in an interview. But he insisted it was "not Israel's doing."

"LOSING BATTLE"

In a bid to improve perceptions abroad, former foreign minister Tzipi Livni launched the "Brand Israel" initiative in October 2006. "It's time to bridge the gap between the real Israel and its international image," she said at the time.

Advocates hope the project is advanced by the new government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman, who is accused by Israeli Arabs of racism.

"I think people do not know Israel. They will see a very prosperous, vibrant and open society living under the rule of law," said Ayalon. "Branding Israel is a way to bring who we are, without the prisms of political agendas, to the masses."

On Monday, President Peres said: "Criticism of the Jewish State is also tinged with chilling anti-Semitism" a disease whose "cure is incumbent upon those who perpetrate it."

But some Israelis say anti-Semitism cannot explain everything.

"It doesn't matter how many times we convince ourselves and our staunch allies that we are not war criminals, and that those who try to portray us as such are incorrigible Jew-haters," wrote Anshel Pfeffer in the liberal daily Haaretz. Continued...

The two highlighted paragraphs combined with my signature say everything. It's terrible what happened, but no excuse for all crimes the Israeli government has committed over the past decades. You want to be treated different? Start acting different yourself.

Continued here:www.reuters.com...

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It is MHO that Israel is DONE.

The old guard are slowly aging and fading away and the standard perception of Israel among the New Guard is, well, pretty crappy.

I don't think they are going to be able to pay for support indefinitely. With the mounting disdain for the state of Israel I would STFU and play nice.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Israel warned the European Union on Thursday to tone down its criticism of the new Israeli government or risk forfeiting the bloc's role as broker in Mideast peace efforts.

That's like saying that if they don't tone it down they can't have any "widgets". That's all they've got left?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Israel is the spoiled child that always seems to get its way; the U.S. is the accommodating parent; with more dollars to keep the child pacified; than sense!
Any self respecting parent, would smack the childs' ass; but hang-on.....its really the parent masquerading as the child!
Israel is the best friend the U.S has ever had (in regards to Middle-east policy), it was placed there by the U.S- with individuals convinced they are true Hebrew stock???, to distabilize the region, and make the U.S out to be the Good Guy (with the "road-map-to-peace")
What a God-damn joke.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

sorry but it wasn't the U.S. that created Israel we are the current 'caretakers' but not the parents. Israel is like a bastard stepchild they get passed around because the step Parent finally had their fill of them. it started with the Brits, then the French and now the U.S. eventually The U.S. will have their fill and pass them on to someone else.

the creators of Israel were the British and French. They were the ones that carved up the Middle East after WWI not WWII. They were the ones that left the door open in 1948 to allow Israel to be created.

On topic: So Israel thinks they are big enough to talk back to their parents now. Well IMO its about time Israel's real parents need to bend Israel over their knee and give them the Belt across the backside that they deserve!

Its past time that Israel learns to play nice with their neighbors. Yeah it sucks what happened to the Jews under Hitler. But they don't realize that now they are Hitler.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

An who are the U.S? Another colony of mother England! maybe this is why other "colonies" pay respect, and perpetuate policy that has been apparent since the Crusades: Control the middle east. The dynasty of Anglo Kings failed with the revolt of Islam, led by Sa'Ladin.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
My best friend is Jewish and his brother is a part of the Israeli' military. My father is VERY pro Israel because he works for a Jewish company and does a lot of business with people in Israel.

That being said, I hate Israel and its policies to maintain a monopoly of power in the middle east. They took the land of the people who took it from them, which in turn was already stolen from other people as well. They (Israel) think they are gods choosen people along with America and their subsequent backing of the 53rd state. Youd think the jews had learned something about whiping out races after WW2...

And this is the most funny part about this all, if you share my sentiments they start screaming NAZI and ANTI SEMITE and then im supposed to be gassed for having an honest opinion based on FACTS. FACTS, not belief, FRIGGIN FACTS. Religious people tend to monopolize the truth anyway, sickening.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by SamSimonSam]

[edit on 4-5-2009 by SamSimonSam]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Probably the Israelites has gotten thar cocky because they control the media and therfore are imagining that they also control people, and shure they do, but not everyone, far from it.

And like mentioned in previous posts you´re always called antisemite if you´re not pro Israel, a very misinterpreted word that means that you´re against everyone living in the region not only jews.

I myself don´t have any problem with people but I do have an issue with people who don´t give a flying *@&% about other humans right to excist in an inhostile environment.

And since people are starting to wake up i can see why the spikes are in every direction they can put it.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I dare you to call me a friggin Nazi. I friggin hate Nazis, they are a bunch of bigot morons as well. I hate people who hate, INCLUDING all the friggin people in Israel who feel they deserve that piece of land more than the Palestinian people. Its like in the US right now as well, in the sense that if your not pro Obama your a racist.

These people need to understand that they are the damn racist people. I dont look at people in general and think, oh hes black and hes yellow, so the black guy smokes weed and the yellow guy is good at maths. I look at people and think oh hes nice, or hes an asshole. Its as pure and simple as that. I dont hate Obama because hes black, I hate him because he stands for everything that is wrong in this corrupt messed up world. And I have freedom of speech, so I can say that. Calling me a racist over my opinion, which is based on facts, not belief, is slander.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamSimonSam
I dare you to call me a friggin Nazi. I friggin hate Nazis, they are a bunch of bigot morons as well. I hate people who hate, INCLUDING all the friggin people in Israel who feel they deserve that piece of land more than the Palestinian people. Its like in the US right now as well, in the sense that if your not pro Obama your a racist.

These people need to understand that they are the damn racist people. I dont look at people in general and think, oh hes black and hes yellow, so the black guy smokes weed and the yellow guy is good at maths. I look at people and think oh hes nice, or hes an asshole. Its as pure and simple as that. I dont hate Obama because hes black, I hate him because he stands for everything that is wrong in this corrupt messed up world. And I have freedom of speech, so I can say that. Calling me a racist over my opinion, which is based on facts, not belief, is slander.

I hope you didn´t point that frase to me? I was just speaking in general...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SamSimonSam

Zionist activists and pro Israelis will never call you a nazi or anti Semite to your face if you can identify them. Instead they will mount a campaign based around slander to get you sacked from your job, fix it so you loose your home and cause you to be hounded out of your community.

It is a far more effective way to silence a critic and others who witness it will be terrorised. It doesn't matter if you are Jimmy Carter, a college professor or some dude posting on the internett.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

so your line of thinking is the U.S. only takes care of Israel now because over 200 years ago we were a colony of the British empire? Then how do you explain the French role as Caretaker before the U.S.? Next your going to tell me that France was a colony of the British empire as well?

So using your line of reasoning since Australia is a colony of the British Empire maybe when the U.S. has their fill of Israel it will be Australia's turn to take care of them. I'm sure you Aussie's could do better.

Oh and by the way the anglo kings and queens wanted to control the whole world not just the middle east. You might want to learn some history, and not rely on your misguided beliefs.

eventually Israel will have to face reality that they have went from the oppressed to being the oppressors But by the time they realize that it will be to late, Israel will not have any friends in the world and peace will have been forced on them, and there oppressive regime will have been removed from power just as many oppressive regimes have been removed throughout history.

[edit on 5/4/2009 by Mercenary2007]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

So using your line of reasoning since Australia is a colony of the British Empire maybe when the U.S. has their fill of Israel it will be Australia's turn to take care of them. I'm sure you Aussie's could do better.

You cant be serious

U.S; wants their finger in every pie- not us: they keep making it known they are the great super-power
and police of the globe

You are obviously from the U.S; Shalom brother- see you at synagogue then

Anyway, I'm sure if Australia was interested at reducing all its "Friends" to economic ruin for its own gain like your government- we'd probably have the money to do better! The biggest mistake this country ever made was trusting you lot as partners, and not remaining indifferent. You buy governments, other economies- yet one thing you cant buy is RESPECT.
I guess you can just try an bully that out of others, but never truly own it

top topics

<< 1   >>

join