It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel warns EU to tone down its criticism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Israel warns EU to tone down its criticism

www.google.com

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel warned the European Union on Thursday to tone down its criticism of the new Israeli government or risk forfeiting the bloc's role as broker in Mideast peace efforts.

The warning came after EU's commissioner for external relations, Benita Ferrero-Waldner, this week criticized Israel's refusal to endorse a Palestinian state. She said an upgrade in Israeli-EU relations would depend on Israel's commitment to the "two-state solution."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see how the EU is going to respond to this. Like the US, the EU is pressured a lot by the mighty Israeli lobby. Additionally, the EU dears not to be too tough on Israel due to the Holocaust. Especially Germany has become a weak and powerless country when it comes to Israel. Like the former leader of the World Zionist said:

All is compared to the Shoah, dwarfed by the Shoah and therefore all is allowed – be it fences , sieges ... curfews, food and water deprivation or unexplained killings. All is permitted because we have been through the Shoah and you will not tell us how to behave." A. Burg

I assume the EU will tone down unless the US continues to pressure Israel to start a peace deal:

I hear that Clinton was shocked by what she saw on her visit last month to the West Bank. This is not surprising. The transition from Israel’s first-world hustle-bustle to the donkeys, carts and idle people beyond the separation wall is brutal. If Clinton cares about one thing, it’s human suffering.

In fact, you don’t so much drive into the Palestinian territories these days as sink into them. Everything, except the Jewish settlers’ cars on fenced settlers-only highways, slows down. The buzz of business gives way to the clunking of hammers.

www.nytimes.com...

The Holocaust is terrible and we should all hope it never happens again, however, it cannot be an excuse to be above the law.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Of coarse it'll be interesting....yet I fear somewhat predictable! Its a shame that empathy plays such a great role in Israels' existence, if only they could operate as the altruistic, god-chosen beings that they all claim to be.
Its no mystery; what happened to Jewish people during the WWII period was terrible, I feel sorry for what happened to them- however, they were not the only ethnic/religious group to suffer during this time.
It irks me that as soon as someone disagrees with Israels' policy; they are labeled as anti-Semite, God forbid (pardon the pun!); anyone deny the holocaust.
Israel will continue to violate human rites, so long as it has sanctuary within the ideals of the U.S- upholding an economic and political foot-hold in the Middle-east.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It is a shame, but how much longer do you think the empathy for the Holocaust will last?

Not much longer I think, especially since my generation has only seen the holocaust at the hands of israelies.

It seems to me like they may even be setting themselves up for world hatred, as they are doing a great job minus America.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
"Hey You, you want to be the mediator, then you can't be impartial, Understand???"

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It seems Israel is threatening everyone these days that doesn't agree with them or bow down to their wishes..didn't they threaten Russia quite a few months back aswell?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I not sure about that one (Russia), although it wouldnt surprise me. Then again- Russia doesn't exactly have an un-tarnished record either. I don't really know who does (country wise). I suppose the difference is that here we have a religion set-up as a state. Interestingly, "semites" can come from just about anywhere, claim their jewish-ness, or even be converts; and still claim that they are of the Semite "RACE". I wonder if they ever heard of Khazars???

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Or what? Nukes reign-down on London? I swear, I cannot understand, for the life of me, the audacity that is the State of Israel. Call me whatever you want, they occupy a small strip of land, brutalize another, terrorize the entire region, which makes no one to want them around, and yet somehow they insist that others play nice. I am mad! I am sick of this world! So much bullpucky I cannot stand it!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The Jews act as if they're the only ones that had to suffer under Hitler..

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Who does Israel think they are?

If the EU wants to negotiate peace talks with the middle east, then tough freaking cookies Israel, step aside and quit crying.

Israel has committed enough crimes lately, we don't need to be seen patting them on the back. If anything, the only way for us to keep our credibility in the future is to punish Israel.

Let them cry in their little corner of the world.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Does Israel own the United States, or is Israel an economic conglomerate, masquerading as a religion/race (whatever)?
I am always amazed by the amount of Jewish friendly rhetoric that I've witnessed in American T.V. programs, which to my absolute joy
fill our telecasting hours here in Aus. There's The Nanny, Seinfeld, even MASH?
Do I find it annoying? Only for the fact that seldom are other cultural "minorities" mentioned.
So much free reign- yet hang on didn't America with the U.N (america) carve-up Palestine, and the middle-east to give these people a homeland?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
A small country that can keep such an attitude to the bigger boys in the world, where the big boys bow or shrug instead of giving this little spoiled brat with a 'bad youth' a corrective slap. Should be reason enough to question what bigger motives lie underneath all. Instead of being labeled antisemitic to even consider/question their power in public...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
reply to post by Mdv2

Or what? Nukes reign-down on London? I swear, I cannot understand, for the life of me, the audacity that is the State of Israel. Call me whatever you want, they occupy a small strip of land, brutalize another, terrorize the entire region, which makes no one to want them around, and yet somehow they insist that others play nice. I am mad! I am sick of this world! So much bullpucky I cannot stand it!

Actually Israel is not a small country despite its territorial boundaries nor is its often quoted population figures but includes passport holders that have never lived there. It is also an immensely wealthy state with influence greater than most countries except the US.

The statehood of Israel is invested in those living abroad with its passport holders, fellow zionists, associated allies and its networks of sayanim that occupy all strata of societies in other countries.

A threat made by Israel to the EU is no joking matter since enforcement can be conducted through carefully calibrated acts of duress that will centre around a single official, perhaps an instigator of a policy decision or functionary, and cascade out. This kind of targeting often puts the fear of God in foreign officialdom and reduce them to either ignoring Israeli activities in their own country or simply jump to the tune of Israeli foreign policy.

A good example of European a lobby group and political party with links to Israel is Procapitalism Party;

www.procapitalism.com...

The British Nationalist Party, a neofascist organisation, is getting finances from unknown sources and actively recruiting Jewish Brits and known zionists;

www.somethingjewish.co.uk...

In understanding Israel, one first has to recognise that a state in the 21st century is no longer just the territorial boundary or immediate or the product of its sphere of influence, but rather an amorphous and unquantifiable presence in all parts of the world with developed processes of applying power not reliant solely on brute force but in the refined use of violence, slander, blackmail, bribes and favour. It's just Israel is a lot better at this than most developed countries and most observers just recoil in horror. We now live in an amoral, anti civil/human rights world and the big beasts are roaming the planet.

[edit on 123131p://pm3156 by masonwatcher]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Interesting point! I've heard that anyone that is "Jewish", gets a green light to go to Israel, and is encouraged to do so. The green-light, I mean by approved visa! A bit like every Muslim is encouraged to do the Hajj at least once?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Send them Bernie Maddoff....
See if they can deal with one of their own.
I read in a magazine article that the rich Jews of Palm Beach and NY were saying that Maddoff was for some, even worse than Hitler (although I don't agree with them).

Now, the Holocaust thing....it was unfortunate, but it is already H-I-S-T-O-R-Y.

Ugh...Israel causes much more trouble than whatever they think they mediation will bring peace.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
Interesting point! I've heard that anyone that is "Jewish", gets a green light to go to Israel, and is encouraged to do so. The green-light, I mean by approved visa! A bit like every Muslim is encouraged to do the Hajj at least once?

Actually a Muslim going to Hajj is a pilgrimage and is not like accepting an oath of loyalty to another country or doing military service for the Saudi government as you will find with Israeli dual passport holders.

You will find that Muslims still have to get visas to go to Hajj it is more of a vacation and not a territorial claim or squatter's rights.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

Yip,correct me if im wrong but i think they asked alot of Iranian jews to move to Israel...i think the majority turned the offer down.Yeah Iran really hates those jews,must be terrible living in Iran if your a jew

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Screw Israel and its continuing histrionics.

I can't stand a country which attempts to say "Don't criticize or I'll take my toys and go home".

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
They take it seriously because they know Israel has the means to detonate a nuke in any major european city.
Adding the fact that Israel is indeed a terrorist state and you got a recipe for disaster, or bow down.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrysalis
They take it seriously because they know Israel has the means to detonate a nuke in any major european city.
Adding the fact that Israel is indeed a terrorist state and you got a recipe for disaster, or bow down.

HAHAHA...

Well that's the quickest way to wipe Israel off the map.

Go ahead Israel... drop a nuke... you will be turned into GLASS over night.

Like I said.. histrionics have no place in international relationships. I firmly believe that anyone who threatens other countries due to criticism should be isolated and sanctioned until they understand how to deal with equality.

I'm so tired of these middle east issues... Sell Florida to Israel, and move them out of there... they already own most of it anyway!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join