It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Rules! - ATS Style!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I'm stealing a Bill Maher idea for ATS!

OK so Bill Maher has highly paid writers on his show that come up with his New Rules segment for "Real Time with Bill Maher." Whether you lean right or left, they're usually pretty funny. But I'm interested in finding out what the ATS crowd can come up with!.

I'm putting out an APB for your funniest ORIGINAL New Rules on politics, left, middle, or right-wing. Doesn't matter.

After everything going on in this country and around the world, we all need to laugh a little, so let's see what you got!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Can you give me an example, and I will give it a shot. I dont watch bill maher because he is a jackass IMHO.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Here's a few examples New Rules from Bill Maher.

Watch This.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. Sorry I cant think of anything. That is tricky.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
New Rule:

If a Senator takes money from the bank lobby, they cannot vote on bank legislation. Period.

This week, the senate defeated a bill sponsored by Dick Durbin that would have allowed bankruptcy judges to cut mortgage terms in an effort to avoid over 8 million foreclosures and help borrowers keep their homes. A half dozen democrats voted NO on the bill, and Dick Durbin essentially admitted on the Ed Schultz Show that this bill died because of the strength of the bank lobby.

This bill was struck down because there are senators in Washington that are in the back pocket of the banks. Not only should financial records be made public on how much money these Senators get from banks, but the voters of each of their states should take notice and strongly consider voting these people out.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
New Rule:

Republicans cannot claim that "President" Obama is different from "Candidate" Obama withou FACTS!

Tavis Smiley, in his new book "Accountable" tracks 242 promises made by Candidate Obama, and hypothesizes that, at current pace, President Obama will have delivered on over 66% of his campaign promises by the end of his first term. Now given that we are talking about the most complex and serious of world issues, and given that this administration is dealing with unprecedented world troubles, at this stage of the game, this is a respectably good start.

Politifact.com tracks 500 promises made by Candidate Obama, and according to their analysis, 35 major promises have been kept or reached compromise, 6 have been broken, 3 are stalled, and 63 are in the works towards been delivered. 407 have yet to be worked on.

Of the 6 promises broken, most are of little consequence when placed in context with the major issues of our day, The most notable, however, being the failure to end income tax for seniors making less than $50,000 per year.

So before righties start, only 100 days into this new administration, to lob scuds at the President for not keeping campaign promises, let's remind them that words without facts are just words, and bi-partisanship without action is just partisanship.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommy_boy
New Rule:

Republicans cannot claim that "President" Obama is different from "Candidate" Obama withou FACTS!

"New Rule... No False Advertising....

I watched your youtube video example and this isnt a funny, lets see some off the wall stuff that might make you laugh thread. Its clearly an "I support Obama and bash the republicans" thread. You should have named it "Liberals New Rules"

Dont bother replying i wont be back to this thread....

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
New Rule:

You can't serve on congress or any committee or be a cabinet member and hold dual citizenship with any other country. Your loyalty must be 100% to the United States.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by searching4truth]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
New Rule

Congressmen and Senators's income will be limited to the mean wage of their voting district.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiftPirate

Originally posted by tommy_boy
New Rule:

"New Rule... No False Advertising....

I watched your youtube video example and this isnt a funny, lets see some off the wall stuff that might make you laugh thread. Its clearly an "I support Obama and bash the republicans" thread. You should have named it "Liberals New Rules"

Dont bother replying i wont be back to this thread....

Guess he couldn't come up with anything...

[edit on 9-5-2009 by tommy_boy]

new topics

top topics

join