It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*urgent* Time is running out *urgent*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

I agree, but I wouldn't have said "what life is left", because I believe this is just the beginning of the awakening. This is just the beginning of our lives. From here on out, we'll have challenges, but we must face them and tackle them. We do not have time to relax, or party, or be distracted. We must FOCUS on taking the future to where we want it.

Blessings, with grace by justice in liberty, your ally,
O-315

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Very well put OP. Since I've been in college (this is my second year right now going on third) I've been coming out of my comfort zone and started doing things that I would have never done before. I also believe that it's important to do things that you love as well as new things.

I've had the feeling for a while, that things are never going to get better...only worst. It turns out that I was right.

I wish things were different, but I'm afraid that we have reach the path of no return.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GTORick
I teach college at night and high school during the day. Both of them, especially the high schoolers, could stand to hear that. Can I read an abridged version to my class? May I have your permission?

Seriously? Your going to read this to your class? In jest I hope and not with sincerity. Fear for your job if you do.

I'd fire you.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GTORick
I teach college at night and high school during the day. Both of them, especially the high schoolers, could stand to hear that. Can I read an abridged version to my class? May I have your permission?

Well, while your at it bring your bible as well, and make sure you start a good religious discussion. This should help put an end to your carreer.

Anyone who would want to reverberate this in a classroom setting should be taken under consideration for a full review by the schoolboard.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OrangeJuice

I try to avoid 'civilization' as much as possible. Most of the

interactions in major urban areas are negative, and confrontational.

It seems that this too is unsustainable.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I understand your concern and appreciate the "warning". If it were not for the typo / grammatical errors, I might take it more seriously. All posters should spend a few minutes "Proof-Reading" before hitting [submit].

Yes indeed, the pace of life has increased while the quality of the media entertainment has decreased. My first solution, personally, was to cancel cable TV and learn how to live without the electronic entertainment.
The next phase of my personal solution was to stop worrying about how to save the world and become more aware of how to save myself.

This involved getting in touch with how my spirit-energy relates to the earth's-spirit energy to gain an understanding of how we humans are supposed to relate to life in general. It does not require reading books, attending lectures and seminars or joining a cult.

This "Time Running Out" consciousness is real and based on an awareness that we cannot continue to replace intuition and inner awareness with technology (cell phones, iPods, Blackberries, GPS units and all the other gadgets) and still be connected to the earth. Once we lose our connection to each other and the spirit of life, we are just drifting on the wind waiting for the direction to change so we can blow over to some other fad or cause.

I do not expect to see a mass conversion of the population as a result of an increased awareness of spiritual principals. I am not talking about religion here but about "awareness" of nature. As a species, we humans have created the forces for our own destruction. The conspiracy includes everyone who overeats, over-indulges in mind-numbing entertainment, abuses drugs & alchohol and has a disregard for the well-being of all living things. We are all participating in our destruction, no need to blame the aristocracy. We have failed to take responsibility for our own actions so now our time is running out and we are looking for someone to blame.

So, rather than going out and having a good time as the original post suggests; how about going within and finding a way to save yourself. Then teach that to the ones you love.

Blessed Be;
vBreezo

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I have been on ATS for several months now and LOVE it, BUT... it has changed my mind in a lot of ways, mostly for positive, educational purposes, but also I have become fearful.

fear is not a bad thing and maybe 'the end is nigh' but everything in moderation is a better mottow than the end is nigh, if you ask me!

Keep it in mind what you learn about the money system collapse, the destruction of the middle class, the power of The Department of Homeland Security, but also remember...

HOW YOU FEEL IS UP TO YOU!!

I suggest if you feel fearful, stop for a moment, smell the air, listen to the birds (or traffic, or whatever) and remember that right now, you are alive!

You have the ability to feel love, compassion, connection to other people and animals, you have so far had enough food to eat, and were brought into this world for a reason. FEEL IT, live it, and try to find your purpose, what you're good at, and how you can be a participant in our world.

HOW YOU FEEL IS UP TO YOU!!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
we can all agree that there is massive change happening in this world, and even an optimist has a hard time saying that the next 5 years will be a great time for humanity.

This group of optimists that you have generalized, who are they? Also, at what point in the history of the human race have we as a people not experienced changes?

The road has been paved, and we know time is running out. You feel it when you wake up, when your at work, you feel that urgency. You know what I am saying cause you can feel it, you just know things are about to explode.

We know time is running out? Says who? you? who are you? These projections of your everyday feelings on life sound awful! Might I suggest meditation.

What everyone including my self (until now) has failed to see is that we have far past our pinnacle of freedom, and ability to express ourselves.

lol @ "everyone". Speak for yourself bucko

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I know you are serious but when I read the headline I thought of that song by muse.

Anyway on a serious note your urgencies are only yours, well mine also but the problem is that those of us that are not prepared or preparing are the ones lost in confusion about what is really going on. We all know we can't trust certain sources of information but still we wonder and with the recent outbreak of the swine flu it shows how much we actually believe and trust what the MSM says.

The problem with creating enough unity within the masses to avoid catastrophe and to establish a state of unison and truth is triviality. Everyone is so damn confused and just doesn't know what the hell is going on. Politics, religion, abortion, gay rights and everything else that is not so significant compared to the bigger picture is keeping action at bay. I am not speaking directly to those here but even then we could all be wrong with what we consider the truth to be. This confusion is what has been established for our demise. When TSHTF we will still be wondering what is really happening. Until the peak where we obtain the necessary knowledge and truth to unite us as one people, we will remain cluttered and unable to take action. I am one of the confused but I am able to put aside smaller things for something much more apocalyptic and relevant. Our demise.

If everyone else can put aside their confusions and opinions for what is at hand we might be able to save ourselves from eminent catastrophe. Taking back our freedom requires all of us in one voice to stand. Sadly too many people don't agree that what you are saying is as important as it is.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

You said :
Get outside, enjoy the life that's left, and seize the day. Make sure to love those you care about, and share moments that will last forever.

I think you make a great point, but do try and lighten up a little. After all - it's not the end of the world !

So, anyways, we were just out 'enjoying ourselves' the other night -

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
first sorry for my english i try to do my best

i think seriously we arrived at the point to decide if we are in or out of this world,of this society, how aware we are, when i start to think about what's going wrong in that world i think about the crazy things i read all the time, 2012, conspiracy,alien, war,virus, economie and on and on i feel that we are close to heat the wall but most of people they feel something very different, people have that feeling because they are afraid to loose there job,to loose there money, there house,to be attacked by crazy terrorist and not crazy alien

they a afraid to loose there life, this life constructed underneath lies and fears, most of people don't want change there life and if they go outside to strike it's for that reason, they don't want loose the iphone, there tv, there computer, for theme it's normal,and they are already outside enjoying what they still have and praying to not loose it, ask to your family or friends about what they are afraid off, it's not be a slave of this society, it to loose the part of this society, they know about war,hunger in this world, the cloth we buy made by children.

How can we just think to buy to our childs clothes and to know that we are making suffering others childs in the same way.

How can we eat food when we know there something wrong with it.

How we can watch people dying in the other side of this world and go after drink a beer to erase that picture.

And there are many othere examples like this.

This world is unfair and eatch day we make it more and more unfair, because we dont want loose what we have, and this is that reality we dont want to face off,even if we claim the opposite, most of the greatest men who wanted to change they way we think and to open our eyes was killed ,this sacrafice was in vain ? what we forgot, it's we can build another society not an utopia, but a fair one, and not be fooled by religion, governement or money, we are not stupid dumb sheep, we can think and decide for our future, and if this humanity start to be united and decide if we want this or that then the mayans where right,we will change our consciousness and it will be a totaly new eara for the women and men leaving in that world.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Now I am not really happy.

When I read the title to this post and it stated "*urgent*" at the beginning and end of the title I actually thought that the OP would have some really fascinating and new information to impart upon us all.

Instead I see that the OP is merely ANOTHER attempt at telling us all to "live life to the fulllest possible extent" and to "be happy".

Most people know this without having to be told.

As for knowing that the world is coming to end (as the OP implies)... what tripe!

If the world were coming to an end the dolphins would have buggered off weeks ago and thanked us for all of the fish.

Not only that, I am quite content knowing that there are people out there with sinister motives, and questionable actions. Knowing that I can feel more relaxed and enjoy life more. Why? Well, the answer is simple. I am not causing harm or loss to anyone... so I have nothing to worry about.

I've unplugged myself from society (literally), and can take my days as they come.

It's fun, and I encourage the author of the OP to try it sometime.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I love how people just attack, attack, attack. Why can no body hear someones words and just consider them, and let their brain do what they want with the information either throw it out or keep it in mind.

Not once in the entire post did I say the end of the world is coming, the life as we know it is ending "good ol' america" is not going to be the same in just a few years. So for me, I want to enjoy as much as I can while I am free to, and can afford to do. The destruction of the middle class has been going on for a long time, but it has kicked into overdrive in the last year. You can look around to verify that fact.

I truly believe human life will not go extinct, its just how enjoyable is the life of the future going to be? The destruction of our rights is literally happening in front of our eyes, this world is fascist not democratic. Do you guys honestly wake up and feel that tomorrow, you will have your rights back? Things will just get better? They aren't systematically destroying the world economy?

Times will get much worse, before they get better. So enjoy the good days while we got em. That was my only message. It's so typical of this board to just instantly pounce, but why? What is the need? Hear the message or don't, there's no right or wrong here.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You did saw to much Alex Collier last night didn't ya? hehe. I understand you.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

visible villian, you owe me 5 1/2 minutes of my life back!!!

I kept thinking, "Maybe it's existential or something, surely there will be a point to this endlessly boring piece of dreck video..."

The drunk chick was funny....but who was holding the camera??

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

If you click recent posts, OF COURSE youre going to see something negative. We here on ATS dont really look at the positives anymore. Everything is doom tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by theSeeker84

You did saw to much Alex Collier last night didn't ya? hehe. I understand you.

I haven't actually gotten around to watching any of those, only first 20 minutes when that thread came out. I have been too busy haha

I just wanted to expand on a point I was trying to make.

Just as my thread about the media, things always become clearer after a defining moment. The tea parties were an easy way to actually watch the media manipulation as it happened, because you could see what was going on.

Now look at the forum in the last week, how many thousands of posts have there been about swine flu. If we counted every human man hour spent on this forum in just the last week, the figure would be staggering. And it's a completely benign subject that has been completely sensationalized by the media, and look, this forum follows the herd, hook, line and sinker.

You can turn on CNN at anytime for the last week, at any hour (i know cause I checked this 5 times) and there was talk about swine flu. Then it became so obvious, as I watched half this board, over night, let their life be consumed by the breaking swine flu. Admit it or not, a lot of people on this forum have been refreshing the pages feverishly gathering information on swine flu, and its SO pointless. All crammed down your throats by the MSM, and what do you think will happen when the next "big event" happens, the MSM is gonna cram the facts down your throat as well so why continue that cycle?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

king, cheer up, mate!

I reckon a lot of people felt despair during the 1930s, as well.

Still, the USA is not the only nation on Earth. Our rights are not eroding. In fact, we are finaly shaking off the oppressors of the last eight years. What you're feeling is a new-found sense of relief...think of it as the "Stockholm Syndrome" in reverse!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This will probably be the last post I ever make on ATS, why? Well...
I'm done, caring honestly. I no longer care. It matters not what happens to anyone group or this cause or that or any possible emergency or, or or,...Shut the FRAK UP!!! (I tell my TV this, not you guys.
)
Anyway, I'm finishing my education, majoring in Military History (not a war monger, just endlessly fascinated) with two minors; Asian studies and Writing. I am planning to spend 2010 or at least most of it (if I can get there now) studying in China...and who knows? I may find a nice girl there and either bring her back here or settle down there.
I realized that I WAS living my life in fear. So, now I'm done.
Farewell all, loved the debates and the attacks (yes, they were fun) and I give a proverbial tall drink to you all.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
... the life as we know it is ending "good ol' america" is not going to be the same in just a few years....

Oh my! Another one.

Umerikka the ONLY nation on planet Earth.

I forgot that all of the other continents and islands on the planet vanished beneath the rising tides caused by Al Gore (another moron).

When will these "good ol' America" Yanks get off their soap box?

I know some Americans that are equally tired of hearing the same old clap trap.

America isn't the only nation on the planet, so please stop the diatribe that makes out that it is.

It is small wonder people get annoyed (or worse still - stop listening) because of this "America IS GREAT" rubbish.

A nation isn't great... the people that do great things are!

Simple.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join