It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*urgent* Time is running out *urgent*

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Good post.

We must all put aside our petty grievances and stand together as fellow humans or all is lost.

United we stand - divided we fall - All of us.

We've been under attack for so long on so many sides we hardly know which end is up anymore in this so called reality.

If everyone of "us" could just mass mind together for just one full minute of exact "time" sending a message of peace and love possibly this "reality" would end and the next evolution of man would occur. We have the power to move mountains but it must be together as one.

Separately we are nothing, together we are consciousness.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well i would agree accept that Ive felt that way for years now, Its like it gets bad then im like"its going to blow" then i forget about it themn it gets bad again then i forget about it again. and I'm sure they felt that way in the 40's and during the civil war and WW1 so I'm sure I'll forget again..Also I feel like that more when I'm in an altered state>

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
They also thought the same in the Middle Ages, with the famine and the plague. It's always a cycle, and it carries on. However our time IS running out, since the very beginning of our lives. This apocalyptic stuff doesn't move an inch, I am well prepared for any dark times that may arise. But I know it's not going to be the *last*.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Approaching this manner in this way is just wrong and so disrespectful to the well being of others this is not the correct way to prepare anyone for such a thing to lack all hope from the start will get no one any where doing almost terrorist like attacks on the emotional state of Americans via youtube or message boards isn't going to do anything, to fight the"system"you need to learn the workings of the"system"and become part of it.As for anyone who isn't doing that their words are and worthless meaningless to me.It's really easy for people to sit back and act as if they are experts on everything and can do a better job than those they sit in front of their comps criticizing day in and day out but to actually DO something to actually make a CHANGE it takes much more then words.
I don't lay down at night and think about the death that is going to over come me, because if I did this from the time I knew I was going to die, 10 years out of 23 years of my life would have been wasted wasted on fear and anger and bitterness and taking no action to possibly slow down or stop the process. Things happen that we have no control over things happen that may seem un fair, things just simply happen, but to go and make posts and antagonize things and say "your time is running out" or anything along that lines is not fair, its simply not fair. We don't deserve to have to live in that kind of fear and it's only the people who makes these comments that are the ones who are at fault. Words have a huge mental and emotional impact on people and to use strong words to get your point across is just as bad as anything the government may do. Words linger with people impact their state of being.There are people who are not able to protect themselves against these words they can't grasp where the person is coming from or just fall prey to the attacks of the fear lovers.Yes bad things will happen, but you dont prepare people by telling them they are going to die or see mass death you remind them of what they have that is worth fighting for so they can be strong and have will, not tell them they'll die and make them helpless.No one knows what five years is going to be like from now and for anyone say they do is just childish and faulty. You really can't have a strong argument when it's based on assumptions or on the pretense of being able to predict the future, why would I take anything like that seriously?No one knows, unless like me you are told by a doctor that you only have so many more years months or weeks to live and even then no one can know for sure.I'm all for sticking up for our rights our freedoms and the lives and well being of humanity but if you yourself damage them while trying to fight for those things what good is possibly being done?Fight for what you believe in but while fighting for it don't obsess over what might or could happen it's just going to cloud your mind and make you less capable of doing the task at hand if every solider went into war saying.If every surgeon went and said "he's just going to die anyway"would he really give the best care to that person, no it would make everything pointless, as long as your alive that life is worth fighting for, but how can you possibly win that fight if it's something you've already lost in your spirit and mind.I love life and want to live it as long as I can I will not ever stand to watch people steal the hope for tomorrow away from another person, never.Fight for your rights and remember to respect others and never tread of their dreams and hope
You truth seekers will win this fight, and you'll find peace you will embrace your loved ones and feel no fear and have hope for the generations after you.
Just always remember why and who you are doing this for and never cause intentional harm to another because we all know what it feels like to be hurt.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I agree that we should make the best of each day - sieze the day, carpe diem (not to be confused with carpe denim, "there's a fish in my pants). However, you need to consider that you can't count on dying soon. Whatever you do, it should be sustainable. It should not put you in a situation where continued life would be unbearable.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Ok, so people are supposed to feel depressed, fearful and pessimistic because it's wrong to be anything other than that? Thinking that just because you and other people should feel these things doesn't mean you are right and the "optimists" are ignorant and wrong. The way I see it, the optimists are the ones living their lives probably more fully than you and the other negative people are. You think these are the worst of times? Please, have you ever heard of the Great Depression, WWII? They actually had it tough back then. We all had grandparents tell us about what it was like in those days. I'm sure we could face that again, it's possible and might even be likely, but so what? Humanity is adaptive and resistent, we'll be ok. I would suggest possibly reading up on history, not just the history of north america, but the whole world and you will see that there is always doom and gloom out there and believe it or not, but when the worst of times are happening, people do seem to find a way to be happy in it.

When I was a kid, I remember when our home was destroyed in a flood one summer, yes it sucked, but we made the best of it and repaired the damages and yes, life continued. My point? It's that it's better to make the best of it, rather than sitting in a corner somewhere and whining about how life is unfair. So yes people can be optimistic in the eve of destruction, and yes there are better years ahead. What's wrong with this viewpoint? It's not wrong, it's just not yours. But how are people supposed to act according to what you think? You keep stating in posts that you had a simple messege and you aren't making any claims of the end of the world nor anything else and are getting mad because people are challenging you, well what do you expect? People are exercising their right to question everything. You can't just think that because you state something, that people are just going to bow down and accept everything that is said. This is a good sign here that things aren't that bad. Besides what makes you think that the world has been always some rose garden?

In some parts of the world, we see the world as going good and in other parts of the world at the same time, there is a genocide going on. Even in the states we have never truely been free anyway, there has always been a leesh, ours is longer than other countries, but still have limits. No government would ever allow true freedom anyway, no matter what form of government it is, why would they? They would lose power. But they also don't want to completely smother their people because they will have a rebellion on their hands. But if you think about it, all rebellions, all revolutions have failed and they have for thousands of years, now things are going to change. Ever hear of the Billy Joel song, "we didn't start the fire..."? Threads like this, and other topics on here make me think of that song.

Very true that song is, but people like to think that what we go through all the time is something new. The names change, the clothing styles change but all the bad/good things that happen in the world have been and always will be there. We just think our time is worse because unlike the past our media is bigger, we have internet boards to talk about this, cell phones, texting, you name it. The truest freedom, is within. You, me and everyone are free, no matter how much a government, a jail, slave master, etc can think they control our lives. Obviously you are a scared person, that is ok, it happens, we're all human. Again, just because someone is positive about how they look at the world, doesn't make them stupid, ignorant, conceited, it's just how they view the world and how they function.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by itinerantseeker]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I take the idea of living life to it's maximum, living in the now. And no one lives forever. They may live a very long time, but nothing is forever. Saying that i know the earth is far older than most mainstream science believes. I believe we will be extinct before it is. I think that long ago humans made bad choices and now we walk unknownig among the ruins and wonders of advanced civilizations that have been ground to dust under enumerable feet. Nothing lasts forever. And some things are more probable than others.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
i personally know that it is the end no body is willing to stand up for what they know is right and it is about time that the son of man comes out. we all know that he will its just a matter of time my guess it will be a couple of years, this mind control the government is working on, the gps in the gas tanks, the supposed microchips that they're talking about puting in babies, warheads . the antichrist is hear and hes convincing people that what hes doing is for the better. but the truth is all this is evil to end your freedom, alls i have to say is follow the ten commandments and the golden rule the bible said it. the rules are perfect. now thats freedom.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I hear you, King, and I appreciate your frustration, but I believe we would be better off by leading by example. A lost art.

Be good at what you do, teach others, don't be afraid to do the right thing. After all, the definitive definition of "outlaw" (quite different than a "criminal" in popular culture) is the person who does the RIGHT thing when no one is looking. Few and far between these days, the outlaw.

Endeavor to persevere. Or, just abide. Either way, in bumpersticker parlance, lead or get out of the way. The world is better off for those who speak out. Next to music, communication is the best uniter.

hayduke

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
yes this is wonderful !!! if more people would think like this the world would be damn well near perfect... by the way lead by example like what you say is pretty good if your setting the right examples. those rules i said lead by those examples. and i think we can stop those evil ways that we seem to be coming into.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I know everyone tells me how horrible the world is, how people are losing their jobs, how crappy the economy, ect.. so much crap and how bad off the world is in general. For me however it isn't, maybe I live in a dream world who knows. I am a sahm (rare these days I have been told), we live quite well off of dh's income (he owns his own company and it has grown quite steadily over the years), dh/myself/kids are all very healthy and always have been (never more than a cold), we are about to buy a house and I spend most of my days tending to kids, house, living life, enjoying the world.

So while people tell me things are awful and I should be enjoying life before it all ends in a fiery hell, I already am! Life is good and I am grateful for all I have. I don't live a super fancy life, but it is good. Even if the world did end, I can end it knowing I lived a good life and gave my all to those important to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

The fact of the matter is that, whoever you are, be it a member, moderator, admin, or lurker, we can all agree that there is massive change happening in this world, and even an optimist has a hard time saying that the next 5 years will be a great time for humanity.

Change is constant.
As to a massive change...that's subjective. There have been many notable changes throughout the history of earth.

The road has been paved, and we know time is running out.

What makes you think, "time is running out". And what happens when time runs out and why?

You feel it when you wake up, when your at work, you feel that urgency. You know what I am saying cause you can feel it, you just know things are about to explode.

Not really.

There are things that you enjoy in this life, but have let fall by the waist side, and instead let your life and actions be ruled by fear,

Not at all.

Get outside, enjoy the life that's left, and seize the day. Make sure to love those you care about, and share moments that will last forever. Stop letting fear ruin your life, literally.

Good advice in general. I wouldn't worry about the world ending any time soon though.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OrangeJuice

No offense OJ,but you sound as if you are very much like the "mainstream impatient type",if you don't manage your time well enough to not feel you have to rush,it is your fault and no one elses.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
great post, and I will try and take it to heart!

After my run in with the federales in 2001, I decided I had better find out what was going on in the world. Geeez....was that a mistake. I was a happy go lucky type of person up until that point. The truth is quite ugly, and I'd be the first to agree there isn't much you can do about it on your own.

I refuse to escape it. Many do that or ignore what is going on. If I didn't have children, I might find that a suitable arrangement. Needless to say, if we ignore the atrocities around us it will get much worse. I am thankful for the non-profit organizations that attempt to hold accountable our leaders, elitists and large companies. They provide greatly needed oversight of the complex interactions and systemic procedures of the institutions responsible for civil liberty and maintaining society.

Even ATS provides a great service to the public because it brings a large variety of topics to internet readers, and helps educate those that are less informed. Actually ATS is at the top of my list....an excellent site.

So, as I do understand the moral of your story, I would also recommend that each is aware of worldly events and questions everything that does not appear to be right. We can't let this world go to the pigs.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Take a rowboat to the sandbars of the intracoastal waterway,let your dog run free,run with your dog.
That is reality,the rest of the crap inland is just a fabrication.
Sustainable,and Development,are two words which do not belong in the same sentence,because such a thing as sustainable development is absolutely illogical,and impossible.
I have known these things since I was very young,and they are much,much worse now than they were 35 years ago.
It's over,but nobody realises it yet.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
We are indeed at the confluence of several ‘perfect storms’; western society is about to experience an all out struggle in which it will either surrender all freedom to go into the dark as slaves, or fight for the freedom of humanity. We in America are about to test whether or not we really do believe that “… governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government. …”

We are the vanguard and light of liberty to the world, if we surrender our national birthright without struggle, what hope has the rest of mankind to resist a fascist one-world government? Let us hope that history records we stood as our forefathers did to defend liberty.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Good post.

We must all put aside our petty grievances and stand together as fellow humans or all is lost.

United we stand - divided we fall - All of us.

We've been under attack for so long on so many sides we hardly know which end is up anymore in this so called reality.

If everyone of "us" could just mass mind together for just one full minute of exact "time" sending a message of peace and love possibly this "reality" would end and the next evolution of man would occur. We have the power to move mountains but it must be together as one.

Separately we are nothing, together we are consciousness.

Welcome to exactly what the PTB want.

I know you mean well but this is the exact attitude they want.

Sorry but I had to say that because you will soon see or I certainly hope you do because this is what many people are concluding from false perception.

I mean

No offence but truth hurts as they say.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I think you bore your heart and respect you for that. ATS can be a rough group sometimes.

I do agree that we are headed for some very dramatic times of great change. There are just too many irons in the fire, if you will, for things to just go on this way too much longer. It is coming from every segment of society, religious, social, economic, scientific, every darn where are warnings of things to come.

I have learned to find joy in things around me. I don't have much in a financial way, but I have an abundance of love. I have children and grandchildren that I adore, family and friends and I allow myself to experience that love to the fullest now. I think it is part of waking to the reality that life is short and love is really all that matters in the end. We have to enjoy life, I can put on a beautiful piece of music and get lost in it. Again, it is how we approach things.

I also find the information about the real truth of what is going on in the world an important thing. I am studying and reading in order to educate those around me that are stuck thinking in the box provided to them by the television, Madison Avenue, and those that seek to control us.

Oddly enough I have spoken with many people lately of many differing spiritual paths that have all said they feel an extreme closeness with the god of their understanding. From Mormons, to Born Again Christians, to Muslims, to New agers (I hate that term, but it works in instances like this) there seems to be an awakening of some sorts. I am not afraid though logically you would think I would be. Being disabled and poor, I would be considered not worth saving if any of these end of the world scenarios do pan out. Yet there is no fear, this life is not all there is and in some ways I am very excited to be alive now. I am one that thinks this is a historic times and a pivotal time in the history of the planet. How cool is it that we were born now and get to witness this.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Youd said :
if we surrender our national birthright ...

I'm sorry to inform you, and you may flag me as a troll for saying so - but, this 'die was cast' 97 years ago ...

It's definately time to start planning for yourself and your immedaite family ...

Forget all the other 'polemics' ...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Well said friend. I know a lot have commented the same, but it is worth saying again. I think most people fell the same way and have so for years. Star and Flag.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join