It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA Memo: Feds Knew Flyover Would Cause NYC Panic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

FAA Memo: Feds Knew Flyover Would Cause NYC Panic

wcbstv.com

Federal officials knew that sending two fighter jets and Air Force One to buzz ground zero and Lady Liberty might set off nightmarish fears of a 9/11 replay, but they still ordered the photo-op kept secret from the public.

In a memo obtained by CBS 2 HD the Federal Aviation Administration's James Johnston said the agency was aware of "the possibility of public concern regarding DOD (Department of Defense) aircraft flying at low altitudes" in an around New York City. But they demanded total secrecy from the NYPD, the Secret Service, the FBI and even the mayor's office and threatened fed
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This is a followup to my thread started yesterday about the AF1 flyover of NYC.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
According to Channel 2 news NY they have obtained an FAA memo stating that they knew this would cause panic and threatened to some kind of "federal sanctions" against the city if word of the flyover got out before hand.

This whole thing just gets stranger by the minute. I don't understand why a photo op would need to be kept secret. I really don't buy the offical story that this was just a photo op setup by the Office of Military Affairs just to have souvenir photos of Air Force One with the Statue of Liberty in the backround. Any idiot would know that this could easily be done with Photoshop.

I am trying to contact someone from CBS news NY to see if they can release the memo to the public. I think this was some kind of test to see what the public reaction would be. I really don't think this was an accident. Things like this are done for a reason. I will post updates if I hear back from CBS news regarding the memo.

wcbstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I just read this headline on Drudge and came here to see if it was posted yet. You beat me too it

This is absolutely disgusting. If anyone here, which im sure most have, have seen the videos of people freaking out. I can barely listen/watch the videos because I can sense the fear and panic, as if I was there.

But they demanded total secrecy from the NYPD, the Secret Service, the FBI and even the mayor's office and threatened federal sanctions if the secret got out

What the hell could ever be the reason for this secrecy? Meaning, what is their excuse. I know we all here could come up with a few reasons. But I want to know THEIRS! And we wont. This will be swept under the rug.

Obama and his administration are ridiculous. I just dont believe he knew nothing. If he didnt know anything, than [again] he is the wrong person for this job being so out of the loop of things going on.

Does James Johnson still have a job??? Or are they hushing him and hoping this all blows over? Wonder how many lawsuits will come of this!?

[edit on 4/28/2009 by greeneyedleo]

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Something is going on.

There is just WAY TOO MUCH crap happening right now.

You have this.

Swine flu.

The fed just took another 300 BILLION for april/june.

Government owns GM.

Spector switching parties to give a possible filibuster proof senate...and complete control of congress to democrats.

Something is seriously wrong people.

Too much in too little time.

There has to be a reason for all of this....it can't all be coincidental.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Dude, whatever happened to transparency.

A secretive photo op

There is really something wrong with this picture.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I feel ya man. I share in this WTF is going on mind set.

It's nearly surreal, fillibuster proof, swine epidemic *which is relatively not that bad granted* Sunday the USA officially ran out of money, I could go on and even hijack this thread with weird sit.

I'm just waiting for the day they announce, that we are all F-ed

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It's like a giant game of chess. The pieces are slowly moving into place. In the immediate future, we get checkmate.

This is one of the few times I've ever been quite scared for the future of our country and the world.

I'm not one to go screaming "false flag" and other crap, and I generally take a skeptic's standpoint, but this is all completely pushing my limits. The sheeple need to wake up and start asking questions. Deny ignorance. Prepare for the worst.

@#$%.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If anyone caught the report from the White House on CNN over an hour ago, the reporter said the flight was part of pre planned training exercise and the photo op was a bonus that Caldera requested.

So something else was going on here.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
What the hell could ever be the reason for this secrecy? Meaning, what is their excuse. I know we all here could come up with a few reasons. But I want to know THEIRS! And we wont. This will be swept under the rug.

Yes you are right because they don't have to answer to 'We the people.' There isn't any logical reason for them to do it unannounced unless they WANTED to scare people and remind them of 9/11. Inexcusable.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm curious as to where AF1/AF2 departed from for this "exercise." If it was a training mission then it seems that they were simulating a scenario in which the President is leaving from or flying through NYC...I think it would be interesting to know where it was coming from.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

You are correct. Something does not add up with the official explanation. I can't help but feel like this was a contingency exercise, but why keep it a secret unless you were:

1. Concerned with the safety of the plane and its crew.
  2. Guaging the public reaction (as has been stated before).
  3. Creating a diversion for a nearby operation.

The 3rd option intrigues me. What kind of op. would be so high-profile as to require a diversion of this scale? Were they trying to flush out a terrorist cell?

The last two scenarios seem the most plausible, (and ominous).

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
We should be out in the streets demanding answers to all of this...yet we won't..because we never do crap in this country anymore.

We all just sit and take it.

I'm about to give up on the news...I don't know if I even want to know anymore.

I've always thought I'd rather see what's coming...but maybe it's better to be ignorant sometimes.

I can't do anything about it...just sit...watch...and worry.

We are being hit by too many things at once....I really think this "swine flu" could be cover up for the rest of these things.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

You are spot on...it's like we're just pawns being moved into positon and I for one am starting to get really annoyed.
Not scared as may be the plan but totally PO'd.
Enough is enough...is you "cared" about the health,wealth,and well-being of a country wouldn't you damn well start acting like it?
Enough of the pissing contest with us losing every round.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

But they demanded total secrecy from the NYPD, the Secret Service, the FBI and even the mayor's office and threatened federal sanctions if the secret got out.

source

The only reason i can imagine that this was kept hush-hush, was that with a few days notice, an attempt to shot it down may of been made.
Just a possibility , when one assesses the risks involved, considering that it was flying so low.
I know Air Force 1 & 2 have jamming devices to prevent targeting ,but flying at such a low altitude may render them vulnerable, leaving the pilot less time to react.

That said , its was a ridiculously stupid idea , and a right slap in the face to a City & Country on tender hooks.
Definitely a firing offence if ever i hear of one.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Intelink has nothing but AP articles and MSM stuff on the matter. I did find this AP article more informative than any other one I've seen as of late:

www.google.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Highground

The photo op was combined with a training exercise to save money, according to another administration official who also spoke on condition of anonymity because she was not authorized to speak publicly about the behind-the-scenes discussions about the flight.

This story confirms the CNN report on the exercise.

So again I wonder what was the exercise?

[edit on 28/4/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

I've often thought that we were slowly losing this country...bit by bit..day by day.

Today....I'm starting to think that it's gone.

We lost our country.

Just look around.

IS THIS WHAT WE WERE ASKING FOR!?!

Sigh.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Watchman, the two VC-25As are based at Andrews AFB.

AND, again the designation is 'Air Force One' when the President is onboard. It would be SAM 28000 or SAM 29000 otherwise...or any callsign they wish to use.

Of course, there have been instances of "Air Force One" being a 'decoy' for security reasons, with the President actually being on another airplane, but those are rare.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I just had a thought.
Maybe they need very presidential pictures of NYC with f-16s in the background for propaganda.
Something bad may happen in NYC again.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

That's been running through my head too. Don't announce it, because that sets it as a target.

The vulnerability issue however, I can't see. AF1 has to be defensively tough no matter what the altitude, being that it has been flown in Iraq, and other hostile areas. So that part I'm not buying into.

What's with the change in story now? First it was purely a photo op, now the photo op was merely an opportunity stemming from a training exercise? And the story that I had heard yesterday was that Mayor Bloomberg's office was notified, but Mayor Bloomberg was not? Now wouldn't that be important enough that immediately after getting that memo, a prompt call to the mayor would follow, and shouldn't somebody be getting fired for that?

EDIT: I was just thinking about the supposed training exercise, could it have been a refueling exercise?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Mekanic]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join