It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA Memo: Feds Knew Flyover Would Cause NYC Panic

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr

The puppeteers benefit. They get a fresh gauge on how terrified they have the sheeple. How much of the leash have they shook off? Obviously not much if all it takes is a plane flying overhead to cause building evacuations.

They have the public exactly where they want them, and after yesterday, they have their proof that things are still as in control as September 12, 2001.

My thoughts exactly. They wanted to know how much slack is on the leash. Most of us on ATS are not as asleep as the general public so we tend to forget how gullible they can be. Just look at most of the comments on youtube.

I bet they are pretty satisfied with the response. After all this time and the public still is in its grip of fear.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
They fly a 747 with military aircraft tailing it to get a photo with it next to the statue of liberty.. OK... FLOWN THRU THE CITY OF MANHATTAN.. not rocket science here..

What the hell!

[edit on 28-4-2009 by madmangunradio]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

The reason they kept it secret was they fear an act of terrorism...say a shoulder-fired missile or three.

I've seen this a couple of times and it makes little sense to me. How many people own the type of weapon that could take down a plane? I don't know much about guns and weapons, but this seems really silly to me. Since those in the military are supposed to be on our side, who would and could shoot down a plane? Although, thinking about it, the military couldn't do anything about planes on 9/11, why would they do it now?

Just one opinion I don't understand but maybe there are people out there with anti-aircraft guns, I don't know.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Not to be logical or anything...but I'm sure they kept it secret as to avoid someone with ill intentions from taking advantage of it's low altitude and trying to shoot it down.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
:: A Live Reaction Experiment ::

I say this was a reaction experiment to see how people did when an airplane flew over rather than a UFO.

Notice that when a UFO is spotted its a media scramble to dispel it all and move along, nothing to see here.... if the fed wanted to reduce concern, it would just had to have told CNN and made it a nice media "photo op" event.

Many such "photo ops" occurred when I worked for the U.S. Navy in Norfolk during air shows. Jets would fly in from miles even states away for close fly by's. No alarm, no cause for panic, no presentidal outrage, not even a blip of panic in the local media. I got some nice shots of the blue angels and some other neat planes too!

Here's the BS right in front of your faces...

"The flyover -- apparently ordered by the White House Office of Military Affairs so it would have souvenir photos of Air Force One with the Statue of Liberty in the background -- had President Obama seeing red. He ordered a probe and apologized.
"
source: wcbstv.com...

Nice and tidy, 'i'm sorry we scared you, i'll probe the people responsible for this' is what I just understood from all of that.

Seriously, do you think the president wasn't briefed?

Ask people on the ground where the air craft came from, when it fueled, when the flight plan was approved, then you know who knew and when. No mystery.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
There is something seriuosly wrong here.. I cant beleive it was just a mistake. 1. Someone is putting obama in his place (brainstorm on that) 2. for the love of god list goes on......... photo op my ***

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

Well that is a little simplistic. I dont think anyone here has not had that thought and discounted it because it is so obviously easy to do this many ways and not put SAM2900 in jeopardy.

Just state that the Gov. is flying an airliner over NYC with fighter cover for a photo OP. AF1, AF2, SAM2800 and SAM 2900 are flown on a daily basis. Dont you think flying into Iraq might be a tad more dangerous than making the simple announcement I stated in this post?

Something is really wrong with this scenario.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic
reply to post by UmbraSumus

EDIT: I was just thinking about the supposed training exercise, could it have been a refueling exercise?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Mekanic]

No, in flight refueling is done with a different type of air craft, not AF1.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

This excerpt from the FAA memo tells me that it was the LOCAL
authorities who dropped the ball, by not informing the public in
advance.

"Due to the possibility of public concern regarding DOD aircraft flying at
low levels, coordination with Federal, State and Local law enforcement
agencies, emergency operations centers and aviation units has been
accomplished."

It says that they were INFORMED in advance..NOT sworn to secrecy, as
some media outlets have erroneously stated.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Dude, whatever happened to transparency.

A secretive photo op

There is really something wrong with this picture.

You seem to be of the impression that this was ordered by Obama. That is what you are seeing wrong with the picture. Obama had nothing to do with it. he found out just the same way you and I did... needless to say he was disgusted.

Besides, He is not going to suddenly release all of our countries secrets... That would not be a wise move at all I am sure you agree. When he said he was going to have a transparent government he meant he was not going to pull the kind of stuff bush did and then lie about it like bush and his admin did.

That said, who ever DID order this is a complete moron. They are a completly insensitive jerk who only now is apologizing after all the back lash that this mission is recieving. All this just to get a photo of airforce one with the statue of liberty in the background/

I don't get why this mission was deemed classified. I do not get it at all. Why could they not inform the people that they were going to be flying this plane really low to get a shot of it with the statue of liberty in the background. I wonder if that is actually what the mission was...

Ugh. This was just a stupid move and I will not be at all surprised to hear in a couple of days that the guy who okayed this mission is resigning.

idiocy isnt it?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Yep, you're right. There is no such thing as coincidences, no accidents. Everything has a pattern. Now the question is...what pattern? where does it lead to? and more importantly WHY? The How and the What are meaningless without the Why.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Something is going on.

There is just WAY TOO MUCH crap happening right now.

You have this.

Swine flu.

The fed just took another 300 BILLION for april/june.

Government owns GM.

Spector switching parties to give a possible filibuster proof senate...and complete control of congress to democrats.

Something is seriously wrong people.

Too much in too little time.

There has to be a reason for all of this....it can't all be coincidental.

Stop being such a worry worm.

Alot of stuff happens every day and every week and every month, and relative to how you compare them so close together.. stuff like that can seem suspicious.

Good that you're on your toes but don't be so paranoid.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question

Yep, you're right. There is no such thing as coincidences, no accidents. Everything has a pattern. Now the question is...what pattern? where does it lead to? and more importantly WHY? The How and the What are meaningless without the Why.

The pattern is the obama administration and where does it lead to the Whitehouse. Why because these people running the show in Washington, and by the way it is a show alright, they calculate everything, every word, every speech, every move and you are right this is no accident.

Like you said there is no coincidences especially when it comes to the obama strategies. Taking pictures? I could of come up with a better one then that. Can you say diversion.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust

This excerpt from the FAA memo tells me that it was the LOCAL
authorities who dropped the ball, by not informing the public in
advance.

"Due to the possibility of public concern regarding DOD aircraft flying at
low levels, coordination with Federal, State and Local law enforcement
agencies, emergency operations centers and aviation units has been
accomplished."

It says that they were INFORMED in advance..NOT sworn to secrecy, as
some media outlets have erroneously stated.

And where is your source for this FAA memo? It better have a .gov after it...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It is as if the Government, or some other body, is trying to get an idea of how "skittish" the public is?

This was a test, ladies and gentleman! You think the Government is going to disclose the existence of extraterrestrials if the public is still afraid of airplanes?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by CreeWolf]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari

Originally posted by Question

The pattern is the obama administration and where does it lead to the Whitehouse. Why because these people running the show in Washington, and by the way it is a show alright, they calculate everything, every word, every speech, every move and you are right this is no accident.

Like you said there is no coincidences especially when it comes to the obama strategies. Taking pictures? I could of come up with a better one then that. Can you say diversion.

EXACTLY! My wife, whom is not usually NOT into "the whole conspiracy thing" actually came to me worried today and asked me if I happened to have any clues as to what the diversion was. I actually felt pretty good to know that she's starting to see part of the puzzle. We both agree that the swine flu was nothing more than a diversion, just like Avian flu was, we both agree that this photo op is a diversion too, we don't know the Why though. I still believe that it might be to plan for a false flag attack where they will bring down the Statue of Liberty. As I said, they already took down the symbol of our economic prowess (the twin towers) why not finish up their despotic conquer over the U.S. people by destroying the symbol of our liberty?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Question]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
ill go into the theory of the diversion
to make another operation going invisible because of this
first question we have to ask
why flying a jumbo jet at low altitude in NYC
to make people panic in NYC
why making people panic in NYC
because now safety procedure and the scare procedure
will make people going out of all tall building
so some covert operation can go in and out without even being notice
planting some more bomb somewhere to prepare for what
another 9/11 but this time maybe not with plane because of course people will not fall another time for the same plane trick

thats my theory i see and its full of logic i cant see anything else for doing that display and knowing the gov now im or we are able to see thing more clearly

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

is it possible that more infected material needed to be dropped into the highest concentrated area of the us?

THERE IS NO WAY THAT ANY MILITARY SERVICE WILL DISOBEY GENERAL ORDERS WITHOUT SUPERCEDING ORDERS>>>>PERIOD.!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Just think abour this for a moment. The joint US services have been hailed in the last 15years as the best trained / equipped in the world!....

To make a BLUNDER in their own country...without well thought out orders ...nfw.
I served in the usmc from 81 - 89. Some blunders then but were " training excercises" I knew some commanders and flyers.. NO WAY that they would do this w/o orders from the top..... and to blame it on an operations general???? ...something is hidden here!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I was picking up my fiance yesterday when I was getting out of my Jeep and hear a really loud plane. I looked up and saw the rear of it and thought it was a continental airlines 747. It was in a weird angle so I didn't notice any air force one logos.
Anyway, it was so low(under 1k ft) and at such and extreme tilt that I thought it was going to crash. It started throttling up and it got really loud before it leveled off and dissapeared into the distance toward NYC. I didn't see a jet behind it so maybe it was elsewhere at the time.

I'm located in Union, NJ btw. Not too far from the city. Looked like he flew past us to reposition or something.

[edit on 4/29/2009 by Andre Neves]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join