It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs over Paderborn / Germany

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
this video shows a set of lights flashing in the sky and then they appear to be moving away from the camera. i am not sure what to think about this one...is it cgi ? ...or a R.C. toy ?... blimp ? ...or real ufo ? notice... it's in the news and politics category. hmmm...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I'm not an expert in video or anything like that but, I'm gonna have to say that this is CGI. It just doesn't seem real to me--kinda like that one video of a UFO from Haiti a few years back.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I agree with octotom although i'm not an expert either. The only thing that makes me think it coujld possibly be real is the way the camera moves at the beginning and you can see the lights blur as the camera is moving. I'm not sure you can do that with imaging software but if so, then i say fake.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
thanks for the replies,

i guess that's two votes for cgi then ?

i kinda agree but still unsure about that. the camera work seems to be what you would expect if there was something flying overhead and then going off to the distance.

other than that , i don't know

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The problem with footage like this is that it very well could be real and it very well could not be. Natural reaction is always that it is not real. So it doesn't matter how many people vote for what, you will never really know.

My opinion is that it could be real, it's probably cgi but you never know. I've seen footage a lot like it (although not as clear). This occurrence seems to happen a lot.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

It's a clear and obvious CGI animation created by this guy here.

www.tutututututu.de...

Meet Verklagekasper the creator here.

de.netlog.com...

profiles.friendster.com...

www.myspace.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm not no expert, but the way the "ufo's" travel out of view, you can blatantly see that the person has moved the images, and then made them smaller till they are out of view lol - if it was real, the direction they are traveling in, they would be in view for much longer, this vid just looks like they are landing.

And if that many, bright UFO's were landing over a town, there would be allot more witnesses than just this fella.

Sorry, but my honest opinion is that its fake CGI waste of time

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
[edit on 28-4-2009 by Verklagekasper]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I've invited the author of this CGI to join ATS and he kindly accepted: it's very easy to find find out that he's not trying to hoax anyone, what you need to do is to look at his profile (i got in touch with him some forty minutes before free_spirit clarified the origin of the the video):
this is a very interesting CGI because it was made using a different software: www.povray.org... while we are used to see stuff made with Vue, Blender, Vodoo, After effects and stuff like that:
the work should have been done with some post processing technique, but hopefully we will know it straight from its author.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hi Internos! Thanks for being here and clarifying things.

First, let me point out that I never claimed this was real (just as I did not claim that it's fake
). Now let me tell you how this was made.
Basically, it's Povray. No real video footage involved, particularly no camera tracking. The movement is entirely programmed in Povray. The lights: Povray. The whole animation: Povray. What was not done in Povray are the houses. Since nobody found out yet exactly how that was done, I'd like not to explain the technique behind that right now but experiment a little more with it. I also added some noise and filtered it out again, like a cam would. No After Effects, I never used that.

Interestingly, many people minded the geometry of the formation and think that they were just scaled down. But actually, if there's something accurate about the video, then it's the geometry of the lights. That's how that formation at a height of about 800 meters flying straight at fixed positions would be arranged. They even follow earth's curvature...

I guess a real UFO video would have a hard time to be accepted unless it fulfills all the cliches (like, the UFO must be very far away and very blurry, it must not fly at heights and angles that are difficult to grasp, there must be "eek!" and "omg!" sounds of surprise etc.). The other thing I learned is to detect the exact flaws in other "UFO" videos.

Cheers,
Burkhard

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Verklagekasper]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Btw, there's an insane amount of rendered images necessary to get the motion blur right (many videos fail on that). The original, average frame rate was 800 FPS. That was converted to 15 FPS.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
thanks free_spirit and internos

Verklagekasper ....welcome to ATS

i suspected this video was cgi but i honestly wasn't sure so that's why i posted it and as usual the members here at ATS will get to the answer quickly.

this video is fairly convincing and for someone like me that doesn't know much about cgi ...i can be fooled with it and i am sure there are many in the same boat.

so cool video but i only have one question now....

Since nobody found out yet exactly how that was done, I'd like not to explain the technique behind that right now but experiment a little more with it.

does this mean i have to be on the look out for your next ufo video ?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
does this mean i have to be on the look out for your next ufo video ?

Yes, but it'll take quite a while. 3 months or more, I guess. Dunno if it will be good, but it will have a great, ridiculous headline

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It seems our favorite “psychic” Michael Cohen owner of the infamous website
All News Web got fooled again, now by Mr. Verklagekasper with his CGI creation.

Since Michael Cohen offers predictions and advice in his website could you offer him
some adevice Mr. Verklagekasper and open his “psychic” eyes?

From Filer's Files 2009 - #20

PADERBORN ? Michael Cohen writes, ?This video that can be seen on Youtube shows
a series of a dozen blinking lights caught close up and moving off into the distance
on April 22, 2009.? The sighting occurred at dawn. It sure seems an odd time of day
for anything other than a UFO to be buzzing the town centre.

Paderborn is in Germany?s west and is the capital city of Paderborn district. It is a
historic and charming town with a population of around 150,000. The video is quite
impressive and if anyone knows more about it please email us

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
First of all, I don't think that ATS, which produces "teh reptilians are among us!" - "reptilians are eevil!" - "no reptilians are good!" threads on a daily base, is in the position of criticizing another UFO site.

Next, I already had contact with Mr. Cohen and had the impression that he is a kind, smart guy. I guess he may be more helpful in finding out what can be seen on the video than ppl who contact me just to ask me right away which CGI software I used and who are quickly satisfied when I drop some CGI tool names.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verklagekasper
First of all, I don't think that ATS, which produces "teh reptilians are among us!" - "reptilians are eevil!" - "no reptilians are good!" threads on a daily base, is in the position of criticizing another UFO site.

Next, I already had contact with Mr. Cohen and had the impression that he is a kind, smart guy. I guess he may be more helpful in finding out what can be seen on the video than ppl who contact me just to ask me right away which CGI software I used and who are quickly satisfied when I drop some CGI tool names.

Yeah, too kind and extremely smart for my taste since Cohen is exporting his crap
videos to other websites with personal emails from him like in this case now with
Mr. George Filer with your Padeborm creation.

Of course you are upset with ATS because it was ME who revealed your Youtube trick
with the alleged Padeborm footage and your whereabouts. You see Verklagekasper
we are still smart enough to expose a potential hoax despite your irony regarding
that reptilians and evil terms you mentioned not related to the subject of this thread.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Sparky electrostatic fliers invented by Tesla. Big brothers to the Phoo/Foo of 1943-44 that were just VW Bugs with a conical coil in the back seat and was a point and go system using the stick shift.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by starfemme1

How in the heck can that site, --, publish that crap? I keep waiting for batboy and wolf child to show up there since the weekly world news shut down.

It is so funny that they have eyewitnesses and everything for this CGI, which I believe is being made with full intent to deceive (through practice makes perfect) by reading the creators comments here.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

You have completely missed the point. Obviously much of the stories on the website are crap. It is actually impossible tio verify every story and easy to fool when it comes to UFOs. Free Spriti is an armchair critic. If he were forced to churn out a certain number of these stories crap would also pass the filtering process or he might end up publishing nothing. I have emailed all news web to let them know this might be a hoax.

Oh and by the way Cohens partner (Leonora Brandis) in the paper is a Phd (Physics) who also happens to have a Masters majoring in computer animation and she claims she can't tell many of these unless someone squawks.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by starfemme1]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join