It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Marines Attacked By Police

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Good for them Marines!!
Ohh Rah!
Cops are bad.
Marines/Soldiers are good.
Cops are bad.
May they run around for hours with ants in their pants.

above sentence has got to be the most ignorant statement that i have ever heard in my life. being a fellow devil dog, i cannot speak for these marines, but for you peeps out there that do not know how marines are suppose to act out in public, well lets just say this might be the last time that these marines see a liberty call in a while. the reason is marines are suppose to be on there best behavior out in town, at all times. so knowing this from experience please dont give stupid ignorant sentences bashing the people that risk there lives on a daily basis for you and me

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tatersalad

I agree with you also... statements like this, while somewhat amusing... (ants in pants? comedy gold!) make us look kind of stupid.

What do you think brother? We know how UCMJ works... You get in hot water off post, you're in hot water when you get home.

These guys, at the very least will be on "office hours" for a good long while, in addition to whatever BS civilian charges they drum up.

Felony assault though? That's seriously harsh... what are the cops being charged with... Aggrevated felony assault? Didn't think so.

With that in mind, I know I am very concious about my environs, even removed from active duty for some years. I know that we are held to very close scrutiny. If I were to get into a simple bar fight, I'd be looking at serious time simply due to my service record... I'm sure these Marines are learning this first hand.

That's just it though... the old addage is true: "Once a Marine..." I know, based on my experience with myself and other brothers, that total re-assimilation into civilian society is a long process to say the least. I've been out many years, and I still think most civilians are "butt nasty". It is what it is, I suppose.

That's the double standard: We are ok as long as you're over in the sandbox fighting, but God forbid a cop hiding behind his taser has to "reeducate" you on chain of command.

I'm convinced these cops were scared to death from the word "go"... Out of fear, lack of proper training, lack of self confindence, and no understanding for the mentality of the Marine Corps.

Take PFC Simpson for example... Because of chivalrous actions, (normally applauded everywhere) he was tased.

This is seriously sickening.

[edit on 28/4/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
my opinion is this, unless they have a good relation with there officers that these marines are in big trouble. i am sure they were told right before they were given liberty of how marines are suppose to act. so my guess is there being either detained at the brig or if there lucky on base with no right to leave anywhere. i feel for them cause the game has changed, and not just for them either
i hope our government doesnt make a mochery out of these guys, considering it is hard to find us citizens that want to join in this war over? best case scenario 2 weeks go by the media moves on and these marines lose a little pay

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Get off your high horse cbianchi. Not every Marine is a bad ass just like not every civillian is a complete putz. I've rolled around and trained with tons of Special Forces in Colorado Springs as I'm an experienced practitioner of VeeArnisJitsu school of self defense. Tons of military personnel used to come to our school to train because what the marines learned in boot camp as far as self defense and hand to hand combat was so pathetic compared to our system.

And you act like just because you're a Marine you all are some how more disciplined and tougher than everyone else, physically and mentally. As far as I'm concerned the Marines recruiting standards have gone to # in recent years. Not every Marine is an upstanding, disciplined, ethical person just like not all cops are worthless, out of shape wannabes. Show some f'in respect and you might get some in return.

I'm 6'5 250lbs and I'll tussle with any Marine. And it's funny Marines tend to be like frat boys, always loud and obnoxious and mouthy when they are around their own.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dtty_Rag

Sorry for the late post. My friend I have trained with some of these drunken soddies and can tell you they are some of the finest people that I have ever had the experience to know. From my experience they are ALWAYS in control and that goes for all branches of the military that I had the pleasure to work with. While true those that I worked with were of a "special" caliber they always included me in their group. And yes there actions and antics are somewhat extreme so is their training. However even after partying all night and having exemplary hangovers they are nothing but professionals all the way, and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Yes without a doubt there was restraint, and a willingness on their part to stand down. What might be a "serious' situation for the police , would have only been a little fun for these Marines.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

You're absolutely right... The Marine Corps IS a fraternal brotherhood... Of the highest order. We're proud for a reason, and our record speaks for itself. Even "young" Marines get to share in the espirit de Corps. There is no shame in that.

You are also correct that not all Marines are above reproach morally, physically, or otherwise. Still, I see no need to specifically target the finest fighting force this country has produced.

It makes me question your loyalties, as you have implied residence in CO...

Just out of curiousity... was it a physically limiting factor, or mental, that kept you out of our Corps? Personally I lucked out and found a doc that would sign my ortho waiver. Went through P.I. with a messed up ankle.

I'm sorry man. Sounds like you did OK in spite of your limitations.

At least you tried.

EDIT: clarity, spacing, grammar

[edit on 3/5/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

I'm 6'5 250lbs and I'll tussle with any Marine. And it's funny Marines tend to be like frat boys, always loud and obnoxious and mouthy when they are around their own.

Maybe they are just sending all the remedial TAN belt failures to your school, lol.

Anyway, that's great that you've taken up self defense, you big 6'5 250lb chuck of meat.

I'd be more impressed if you were willing to tussle with a foreign military force on a field of war instead of just a Marine or two.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by tatersalad
Good for them Marines!!
Ohh Rah!
Cops are bad.
Marines/Soldiers are good.
Cops are bad.
May they run around for hours with ants in their pants.

above sentence has got to be the most ignorant statement that i have ever heard in my life. being a fellow devil dog, i cannot speak for these marines, but for you peeps out there that do not know how marines are suppose to act out in public, well lets just say this might be the last time that these marines see a liberty call in a while. the reason is marines are suppose to be on there best behavior out in town, at all times. so knowing this from experience please dont give stupid ignorant sentences bashing the people that risk there lives on a daily basis for you and me

Ignorant statement? Cause I ask for a little payback on dirty cops?
Oh and I am sorry to burst your bubble their Capt., but I was a Marine also.
Thats right.

So before you start trying to talk down to someone, know who you are talking to first. Just because you are behind a computer doesnt mean that you are superman.
What the cops did was wrong, and everytime they do it, it is wrong.
No you are right, screw the ants, I hope they get worse than that.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

Maybe they are just sending all the remedial TAN belt failures to your school, lol.

Anyway, that's great that you've taken up self defense, you big 6'5 250lb chuck of meat.

I'd be more impressed if you were willing to tussle with a foreign military force on a field of war instead of just a Marine or two.

I never said I was a Marine. Doesn't mean I never served my country or I've never stared down the barrel of a gun in the heat of battle.

You glorify war. You think war makes you a man? You think war makes you brave? The ability to sacrifice your life for a government that has become corrupt and tyrannical? Do you think you defend and protect the Constitution? And as I recall the Iraqi war veterans have the highest suicide rate of any. Doesn't seem like our generation deals with war as well as generations past. Maybe because most of us see the bull# that war is. And don't think for a second I wouldn't take up arms against anyone that threatens my life as a free American be it cops or Marines. The latter is becoming all too possible. The days are coming my friend where the US military will be called upon to round up its citizens on US soil. I'll be curious to see what decision you make........where your loyalties lie when that day is laid upon our feet.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I'm not even American but I say!... let the Marines be loud & party hard and blow some steam!

(at least one night of the month!)

But next time, maybe they should invite the rest of apartment-complex to party hard as well!

(so that no one get jealous and call the anti-party police squad)

The Police are unfortunately just party-poopers, running around with ants in their pants! - trying to keep peace & order with taser guns when people are just a little bit drunk and loud & happy!

We have the same boring trigger-happy anti-party police squad in my country as well!

But in my country we have thankfully many very beautiful police womens as well - and they are fortunately much nicer than the trigger-happy male testosterone anti-party cops!

One time at our Beer-Festival I wanted to hug a very beautiful police woman just to show her some love - giving her a big hug! - she laughed very cute but only gave me a rather small hug back!

I have hugged two beautiful Spanish police womens as well - no problems! - big smiles & laughter and big hug back!

I think from now on! this will be a new goal in my life! - to hug a beautiful police woman from each of every EU country I visit - and take a photo of it!

Someday I will also hug a beautiful American police woman!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I never said I was a Marine.

From your posting, it's pretty obvious.

Doesn't mean I never served my country or I've never stared down the barrel of a gun in the heat of battle.

Doesn't mean you did, either....

You glorify war. You think war makes you a man? You think war makes you brave? The ability to sacrifice your life for a government that has become corrupt and tyrannical? Do you think you defend and protect the Constitution? And as I recall the Iraqi war veterans have the highest suicide rate of any. Doesn't seem like our generation deals with war as well as generations past. Maybe because most of us see the bull# that war is. And don't think for a second I wouldn't take up arms against anyone that threatens my life as a free American be it cops or Marines. The latter is becoming all too possible. The days are coming my friend where the US military will be called upon to round up its citizens on US soil. I'll be curious to see what decision you make........where your loyalties lie when that day is laid upon our feet.

Me thinks thou dost protest to much.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
In my opinion, the cops here and the government here do not want our troops back home. A lot has changed since they left and the Marines will NOT take their crap, for sure. They are sick and tired of being away, only to come home and be treated disrespectfully, as if they were just mere animals sent for a stupid purpose, then come home to be mistreated and abused like the rest of the population.
And we are. We are mindless bafoons living day to day like scardy cats, waiting for the next "package" or the next "video threat" and those tough marines KNOW EXACTLY what awaits them. Lots of thanks from the crazed men in black Police suits, who somehow think that they are on the side of the Elites.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Its time for our police force and the rest in some capacity of power to realize THEY TOO are part of the little people and they too will fall...They too will go hungry, and the NWO doesnt have any special reward for them.

From what Alex Jones said, troops returning home are given a questionaire and if they are not happy with certain things, they get shipped elsewhere in the world. However, should they be very willing to kill and continue killing and kick the ass of their own, then they are very welcome in the United States. How's that for irony.

Sickening.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I was never given a questionare. Other then the ones we got for our mental health screening for PTSD. No one got shipped out to other places.

Neither was anyone I was deployed either.

Edit for clarification.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by jd140]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I guess its happening now.

It makes perfect sense, killer inclined here, woosies someplace else.

Those psychological tests are designed to play with your head. Beware.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Wasn't happening last year when a friend of mine got back.

Keep listening to that fellow though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join