It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Marines Attacked By Police

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

1. What is there to explain, this is there second trip out there that night?

Go back, read the article. You're wrong. This refers to the other party that tasers and pepper spray were abus... Err, used at. Crap, I'm just a dumb grunt and even I picked that up!

I'm thinking that they are covering for each other. Being in the service I can appreciate that and probably would do the same thing.

Nooooo... Nobody in (insert your branch of service here) would cover for a brother... Glad you admit it though.

The point is, these cops are out of control, and people need to start beating them back.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I can't come to the conclusion that they are out of control in this situation seeing as how we won't ever get the whole story.

edit to add- you are right on two things.

1. there were to seperate parties. Watching Family Guy and reading an article doesn't promote the best reading comprehension.

2. You are a dumb grunt.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by jd140]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Now I'm confused... It happens.

Are you referring to MY attitude? I wasn't there. Were I there, the outcome would have likely been a lot different.

On top of the unfortunate fact that I was an active duty Marine, I also have the misfortune to be of Italian extraction. Kind of a volatile combo.

That, and I don't like d-bags on power trips, NOR do I have to tolerate them as a result of my career choice any longer.

So yeah, I'm a little upset, and I'm very biased in this particular case.

The part I'm confused about is what MY attitude has to do with any potential wrongdoings on the parts of these particular Marines.

Like I said, I wasn't there, so don't judge these brothers by the written words of one on the other side of the country.

Like we both stated in previous posts. Discipline was maintained, or there would be dead cops. Period.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Just to clarify.

I am not a Marine. What I said was not some moron Marine bragg.
I don't recall ever hearing a Marine bragg.
My experience is that they are much more restrained than people comprehend.

When they are no longer restrained people die. This is a simple fact and to a large extent the purpose for their existence.

I was a sailor who shipped and technical schooled with Marines. I both respect and fear them, which is a healthy attitude in my opinion.

I have the greatest respect for them. They are trained killers however.
They are trained to kill with exquisite skill and no hesitation.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Cyberbian]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

2. You are a dumb grunt.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by jd140]

I knew you were army the second I read "I'm in the service too..."

Marines are proud of our Corps.

Lotsa love, doggie.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

Yea you are confused.

I don't hold Marines in the high regard you do.

I didn't agree with you.

Calling you a dumb grunt was a joke. You called yourself a dumb grunt and I was agreeing with you in a joking way. Just forgot the smiley face.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian

You only show your ignorance of this simple fact.

Actually, quite the opposite. Depending on the age of these particular Marines, and where they enlisted... I may have played a part in their initial close combat training. As a result, I am well aware of the capabilities of Marines.

My point is, the cops have no idea how close they may have flirted with death. You're right- we train to kill, and do it the best in the world.

We also train to know when the time to kill is. With this comes great responsibility, and to that end these troopers did the right thing.

Now I just want to see these pigs get whats coming to them.

EDIT: just wanted you to know that I went back and reread your post... It pretty much captured what I'm trying to say about the restraint shown that night. Star material!

[edit on 27/4/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Yea you are confused.

I don't hold Marines in the high regard you do.

I didn't agree with you.

Calling you a dumb grunt was a joke. You called yourself a dumb grunt and I was agreeing with you in a joking way. Just forgot the smiley face.

I know, I'm just handing it back, like we always do!

I really am not that guy.

(extra smiley)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

I'm not ignorant of the fact that they are better trained then a sailor. I mean who isn't?

I simply don't worship them the way the Navy does and the way the Marines worship themselves.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

To bad we can't set up a little close combat exihibition.

We could have the cracker jack guy as the ref.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I simply don't worship them the way the Navy does and the way the Marines worship themselves.

Best post all day.... It's funny 'cause it's true.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I don't get it.

(see above posts, re: "dumb grunt")

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

As a former Marine Sergeant, this really PISSES ME OFF... but then, I also know how unruly and stupid they can get.

I know Marines, especially the younger ones, can get out of hand. I've had to bail out my own Marines more than once from their stupid decisions.

ALL of those Marines there, probably all E1-E3. Probably nothing but a bunch of perfect #ing cleaners and lance #birds having a good time. Maybe a few Corporals who just got rank.

Drunken Marines and authority is not a good mix. No doubt they saw the cops has "the little guy" and the cops saw themselves as "the big guy" so the situation blew up.

It would have turned out much different had the friggin cops notified PMO.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks Sailors worship Marines is just plain ignorant!

Get a clue!

Best laugh I've had all week.

Man that's a good one, Sailors worshiping Marines. That's quite an imagination you have!

P.S. I'm laughing at you, not with you!

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Cyberbian]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Your Marine buddy feels it is true.

The Navy is like that little dog on looney tunes who bounces all over the big dog. Climbing all over him talking tough while hiding behind him.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Look guys...it doesn't matter if you were navy, marine, army what ever...the rights of people were violated. It just so happends that those people fight for those very rights. What the problem really is, is that once the armed forces was mentioned everyone assumed "oh they were just so dumb drunk Marines!!" and then brush the story off...Look I didnt' post it for my amusement...I posted it because CNN and all those MSM losers won't answer me back...but they can talk about the troops all the time. There is so much more to this story that needs to be addressed to everyone. Like how they are getting punished at work...one person is being threatened to be seperated. They said that they are disappointed in them and they are a disgrace and blah blah blah all the stuff that everyone doesn't see. Instead of getting their backs, being greatful they are alive and actually trying to find out what happened. Fine they don't want to do it, then I WILL!!! I've been dealing with the butt crack of the Military too long to let something like this happen to people I care about. So you guys can go one your name calling rants if you want to but understand peoples lives and futures are being affected by this!!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by unlikelycandidate

Then they can request a court martial and have their lawyer argue their case for them.

Those of us who are having a fun in this thread have been through all of that and understand that if you get arrested then you face the consequences.

Like I said before, we probably aren't getting the whole story.

If they are good Marines then their command will stand by them and ask for an investigation and will wait until the end of the investigation to pass out punishments if they are warranted.

If they aren't in good standing then all they can do to fight dischargement or any other UCMJ action is to request a court martial.

For example.

A buddy of mine who was an exceptional soldier got busted on his piss test. They gave him 30/30. Which is 30 days pay withheld and 30 days extra duty. No big deal really.

Another guy I knew who wasn't a very good soldier got busted a few months later for the same thing and he was dishonorably discharged.

If your friends are being threatened with dischargement then they either been in trouble like this before or they don't generally hold to the high standard the military imposes on its soldiers, marines, AF and navy personnel.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
If the US is anything like the UK - 'squaddies' are always a problem when it comes to them taking leave and over indulging...

No one will deny our soldiers the op to let their hair down - but here in the UK things frequently go too far. People get attacked, property gets damaged and women/men get raped.

Obviously they have to be kept in check like anyone else.

In this stories officers warned them once and they failed to comply. Hence what is wrong with the actions of the police thereafter? If they were mouthy on the SECOND visit, and one guy makes moves to 'defend' his friend whilst intoxicated - what do they expect the police will do?

I hate the police for lots of reasons - but I don't see what was so bad here. I guess the marines were released soon after with little harm done. If a tazering is enough to get their knickers in a twist then maybe we should think twice before relying on them out in Iraq...

What do they do when they have to go without rations? Or take a beating when captured by the enemy? Get pissy and complain about it when they get back?

I sure hope not.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

If your friends are being threatened with dischargement then they either been in trouble like this before or they don't generally hold to the high standard the military imposes on its soldiers, marines, AF and navy personnel.

Personally I don't feel comfortable with a bunch of drunken A-holes who clearly have a problem with authority and following commands running around the desert at the expense of my tax dollars with dangerous weapons.

A discharge seems the correct course of action.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dutty_Rag

This is what is so messed up about this country... Yet another person reads what they want, skipping the details.

No wonder the MSM feeds us whatever they want to... We eat it right up!

Unlikely is right... This could have just as easily happened at Norfolk, or Fort Drum, or Nellis... Doesn't matter which branch. All the interservice banter on this thread is normal and healthy... I'm sure our hearts are in the same place when it comes down to the meat of the issue.

Like I said, I also agree that these guys should have their fair say in the "court of public opinion". The problem is, the MSM is so focused on portraying the cops as our saviors... Well, they have to really screw up big time to make the news... Like that idiot in Erie last week, or those fat jackasses at Coachella.

Add to that the distraction of Swine Flu, the economy... My, the MSM sure is keeping our minds occupied, aren't they?

I wonder what's really going on that they are shifting the focus from?

Like I said, I'm emailing this thread to Michael Savage. He raised a defense fund for the Marines from Pendleton that were court martialed last year for their actions in the sandbox. He screamed and shouted on the air nightly. The guy loves Marines, and he's a bulldog of a talk show host.

I genuinely think he'll show an interest.

Unlikely is totally right... the whole story needs told.

Incidentally, cyber.... The Marines love you squids.

Who else is going to give us a ride to the fight?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join