It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency 'incident' stops trains

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
OOps, all of the above info came up while I was posting my reply.

Good to see the situation has been resolved and this poor man has been seen to.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Can i have link please that tells me 'the situation has been resolved' so far nothing more than the above posted info on the BBC etc.

Show me proof please.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Also does anyone know if having a no fly zone is standard practice for these procedures?

If so why? The only reason i can guess is avoiding possible radio frequencies ???

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Can i have link please that tells me 'the situation has been resolved' so far nothing more than the above posted info on the BBC etc.

Show me proof please.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Here's the evidence i was looking for.

" man found in a car in Birmingham city centre with his hands tied and canisters attached to his body had been kidnapped, police have revealed.

West Midlands said the man had been put in the car against his will and told the car contained a bomb. "

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Also does anyone know if having a no fly zone is standard practice for these procedures?

My guess would be something to do with how close the incident was to the city centre... Flight near or over any large city is pretty tightly controlled any way.

Maybe as the situation was developing they did not know if it was going to be some terrorist related thing - and as we all know you don't want to give just any old terrorist media attention (just the carefully selected ones
)

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well, I'm glad there was no extremely serious incident..

It's bad enough that the guy has a suspected broken leg;

Chief Supt Tom Coughlan said the man was later safely removed and taken to hospital with a suspected broken leg.

news.bbc.co.uk...

So, what led to this guy ending up in such a position.. He must have annoyed some people quite badly.

An Army bomb disposal team, fire crews and paramedics were called to the scene along with negotiators with West Midlands Police.

All of that for one man who just had the living daylights scared out of him..

fair play though.. Still don't get the no fly zone though...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
sky news on screen breaking news ticker is reporting this now...says

criminal investigation launched after man was found tied up in car,told police there was bomb in car.

would be expecting a news conferance quite soon with an incident like this.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Perhaps it was thought that the presence of media helicopters could have inflamed tensions if the man was thought at the time to be threatening to blow himself and the rail line up.

edit: spelling

[edit on 26-4-2009 by ivycutler]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by antuk
sky news on screen breaking news ticker is reporting this now...says

criminal investigation launched after man was found tied up in car,told police there was bomb in car.

How could they be unsure if the man was conscious if he told them there was a bomb? Police and the media, what a combination.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join