It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency 'incident' stops trains

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Emergency 'incident' stops trains

news.bbc.co.uk

Train services into Birmingham have been delayed by what emergency services describe as an "incident".

West Midlands Police officers are attending the incident, believed to be taking place at the junction of Lawley Middleway and Landor Street.

A 400m security cordon includes part of the railway line, a Network Rail spokesman said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What could this be?

Interesting thing to do.. just a little bit of info posted up on the internet.. We may here something, we may not..

Makes you wonder what srt of 'incident' and what is involved..
Chemical? Biological? Nuclear? or some other 'unknown' variable.

I will be keeping a close eye on the news in respect to this event..

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Vehicle accident more like.

Let us hope it is nothing serious.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
dead body on the tracks?
possible crime scene?

Lets hope its not the worst it could be.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Good lord!!

Man found 'bound with canisters'

A man has been found in a car in Birmingham city centre with "canisters" surrounding his body and his hands bound, police said.

Fire crews, an Army bomb disposal team and negotiators with West Midlands Police are at the scene in Birmingham.

Ch Supt Tom Coughlan said it was unclear whether the man was conscious and whether he was there of his own accord or was a victim of crime.

A police cordon has delayed trains at the city's New Street rail station.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Coudln't have said it better myself, Infinite.

I just came back to update the thread and seen you all posting here already..
Great work guys. Thanks for being on your toes there.

I can only hope this guy is ok ... let's hope he is innocent .. lets hope this is nothing serious and can be dealt with rathe quickly.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Reply to infinite.

A man has been found in a car in Birmingham city centre with "canisters" surrounding his body and his hands bound, police said.

Are we seeing a worldwide bio attack?

Flame me if you want but come on, what is going on ATM?

Biden warned us all…………………………………………

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The term "Canisters" im assuming there meaning Camping stove cylinders, possibly a Gang-related feud or a failed Murder attempt rather than anything terrorism related. However the incident has been ongoing since 1030am so either the police are playing it safe, or they know something we dont.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Bit like that American Delta Airlines plane that had to make an emergency landing due to it being 'hijacked' by an Israeli citizen . But that got put down to an 'anxiety attack'. Wonder what they would have said had he been Muslim.

A Delta Airlines passenger jet en route to Tel Aviv from New York had to make an emergency stop when an Israeli man attempts to hijack the plane.

About an hour after the plane took off from New York City, the Israeli man tried to storm the cockpit of the Boeing 767, which was carrying more than 200 passengers.

Several passengers and crewmembers took the man down and held him until the plane made an emergency landing at Boston’s Logan International Airport.

The planes passengers were interviewed by authorities and the plane’s luggage was checked.

Boston Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigations said a search of the plane did not reveal anything suspicious.

The Aviation Herald reported that Logan officials said it appeared the situation was not “terrorist-related” and that the man likely suffered an “anxiety attack”.

www.presstv.ir...

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Drexl]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Strange case,especially as it comes so close to this one;

news.bbc.co.uk...

Probably unrelated,but who knows!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

The Daily mail elaborates somewhat...

"He said: 'We do not know what we are dealing with at this stage.

'We are unsure whether this man is conscious or unconscious.

'This man has yet to be identified and we are unsure at the moment exactly what the motive is for him to be there."

[edit on 26-4-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
One thing for sure, I sure as hell hope its not a "dirty bomb."

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
6pm news is on right now and I'm waiting to hear something on it..

plenty of talk about all the other usual nonsense..

Nope, not much mentioned on it.. Daily mail says a whole lot more..

but what i find really interesting is this...

West Midlands Police said the man was spotted by a passing lorry driver on a road in an industrial area of Birmingham at about 10.20 this morning.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Yet it took them nearly 5 hours to get this news out..

and a no-fly zone put in place.

Blimey..no messing then.. just what do they think a load of gas cannisters can do? They do say they have no idea what to expect yet, they can't even identify the guy.. but a no fly zone?

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Extralien]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
One thing for sure, I sure as hell hope its not a "dirty bomb."

Dont even utter those words!
Let's just hope its canisters of gasoline/petrol.

*crosses fingers*

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Chief Superintendent Coughlan said: 'Inside the vehicle his hands seem to be bound and his body seems to be surrounded by what is being referred to at the moment as a number of canisters.'

Chief Supt Coughlan addded: 'The man appears to be bound and is surrounded by gas canisters.

So they got close enough to know all this but don't know if he's conscious?

'We are unsure whether this man is conscious or unconscious.'

could he be taking a nap?
very strange.

quotes from Daily Mail

[edit on 26-4-2009 by ivycutler]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm starting to think that we're all living in a damn movie or something,you could NOT make this chit up!!!
I am just trying to process all the events,incidents,and rumors flying around and honestly,in all my years I cannot ever remember a time when I felt helpless and conflicted as I do today.
I am hoping and praying in my way that this man will not suffer a terrible fate no matter what,enough are dying world-wide for so many reasons already.
Just a mess out there.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well they resolved the whole thin about 30-45 mins ago (BBC news)

They say the asain man in his 30's was basically kidnapped - bound across the front seats, told there was a bomb in the car.

I've had a look at the area on google maps and street view - looks like it's right at the junction where the scrap yard is... You can see why the trains stopped running - two large tracks join very near there.

Any why they got him out - prob local wanna be gangsters I would say.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
www.birminghampost.net...

"Councillor Ayoub Khan, cabinet member for community safety at Birmingham City Council, said an eye witness had told him that the man in the car was of Asian origin and aged in his 30s.

Mr Khan said: "He said he saw foam coming out of the man's mouth and said he was unconscious.

"It seems that this man is a victim rather than the assailant. He said he could see some bottles tied to him or something like that."

--

Foam???

[edit on 26-4-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Mr Khan said: "He said he saw foam coming out of the man's mouth and said he was unconscious.

--

Foam???

Hmmm...must be some type of poison, though you'd think a bomb and/or gas canisters would be quite enough.

[edit on 26/4/09 by paperplanes]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Also from the above link....

Chief Superintendent Tom Coughlan said it was unclear whether the man was there of his own accord or if he was a victim of a crime.

and then.....

'At this stage it is unclear as to the motive for this matter and so it is impossible to say whether the man is there under this own volition or whether he has been placed in this situation under duress.

With his hands bound and they don't know if he is there under his own volition or under duress???

How could he not be a victim of a crime and there under duress if his hands are bound???

Keystone cops strike again!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join