It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Computer" Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I think I am on to something here guys. A couple of days ago, I was at my local library. When I tried to log in, the computer froze. I held down the power button but to no avail. Then, I decided to pull out the power cord in the back. What freaked me out was that the computer was still on. So I plugged it back in and got my camera. I recorded the flashing power signal, then me pulling out the power cord, then back to the front of the computer to see that the power LED light was still on. Now I don't know that much about computers but I'm pretty sure that when it doesn't have a power cord plugged in there should be no way for it to run right? (and no, it wasn't "the monitor") If anyone would like to see the video, please post that you want to see it. Now, if computers can function without power, what else can they do? I'm just gonna throw this out here. Maybe, the Roswell crash which gave us microprocessors allowed us to reverse engineer them and use them in almost everything we use today, could actually be a planned effort to spy on us. Think Eagle Eye but on a "hidden" system level. Since Google has made it possible for customers with the "Google" phone to edit the operating system, it just goes to say that whatever is spying on us isn't in that code.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by shinjiikari2839

I'd like to see the video.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I'll try to upload it as soon as I can. When I tried to copy it to my flash drive (I recorded it to my micro sd card) the computer asked if I wanted to format the microsd card. Thats when I got real paranoid. Hang in there.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by shinjiikari2839

I would say it was pivotal to your story really.
We would need to see a little "evidence" to believe what you're saying.... obviously can't just take your word for it.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Are you saying that you could still navigate through Windows with the PSU cord unplugged? Or did it just stay frozen?

I would like to see that!

The only thing I can think of is that motherboards have a battery to power the real time clock/cmos memory, so the content won't be lost when you cut the main power.

Sounds like a problem with the PSU/mobo on the computer, libraries can't really afford the best computer equipment.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by kommunist]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Indeed would like to see the video, next time instead of loading it on any mem stick you should just email it to your google account and prob is solved. Keep in mind you can use your ggl account as an ftp service.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
come on i want to see it

and can somebody tell me how to change my siganature

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
My guess is it had a UPS connected/inside.

I've worked with computers for years and never seen one that runs without power.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
there's generally enough power left in an electrical device like a pc to run an led for a few seconds after switch off.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mc1km
My guess is it had a UPS connected/inside.

I've worked with computers for years and never seen one that runs without power.

This is more than likely the situation, as with a UPS you can continue to use the system for several minutes or more. Also the CMOS battery is in no way capable of keeping the entire system powered, it merely maintains enough charge to remember settings such as the clock.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Due to the capacitors keeping a charge,the led can stay on for a while. My question is this. Did just the power light stay on or did the whole computer (OS) with the display stay' on? Some PC's have dual power supplies for redundancy in case one fails.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Grossac]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tdrowe2008
and can somebody tell me how to change my siganature

Click this link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And scroll down to signature

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that a desktop computer found in a public library (or even a school library) more than likely wont have dual power supplies unless its some kind of high-end system designed for a specific tasks as opposed to your run of the mill Gateway/Dell/HP/Whatever desktops used for web surfing. About the only place I have seen dual power supplies is in high end servers such as what run medical information databases, etc. Otherwise most desktops will never have use of a dual hot-swappable power supply system, plus they get VERY noisy.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'd have to agree with it maybe having a bit of backup power left. I've done the same thing with my computer only,it last for a few seconds.

But I"M going to go out on a limb, and say, were probably not going to see a video.
I eat my words if I'm wrong.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
LEDs usually do keep their charge after power off, but gradually fades off. Did you unplug the cord from the back of the computer PSU, or did you unplug the cable from the wall socket? (Possibly a mis-indentification of power cords?).

*** But there is a technology that will keep your computer running even without a power cable. I have one on my server, its called a UPS. Basically it's a huge battery that stores power in the event of power failures and keeps the machine running for a limited time. Some of these are small and can fit inside the computer itself!

You could try to boot into windows, then pull out the cable and see whether the computer immediately turns off or whether it still keeps running as if nothing has happened.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
If this member is actually telling the truth they probably just unplugged the monitor and saw the PC tower still had power.

Or he unplugged a modem/router thinking it was the power source for the PC/monitor.

Not too far fetched considering most people in public libraries don't own any kind of computers and have very limited experience with them. In my library, unfortunately, it's rare they even own a home.

I guess we will know once we see the video.

P.S. If you're in the Library and something is wrong with your PC, please contact the staff. You trying to fix it on your own is only going to make it worse. Especially if you think you've unplugged your PC and you think it still has power.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsly_you_guys
they probably just unplugged the monitor and saw the PC tower still had power.

Possible

UPS, capacitor (led), wrong cable... all possible.

To automatically suspect a global conspiracy doesn't seem healthy to me. You find something you don't understand about a computer and you start talking about Roswell?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Must be some kind of alien technology. There is really no other explanation.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Why do we have to message you to see the video? Why didn't you just post it when you opened the thread?

Those who've been around ATS a while can understand why I'm so suspicious of this post here, right? The OP promises something, racks up a bunch of points as interest rises and people post responses, and then... nothing. I don't think anyone else should post in this thread until they've posted the video that was promised in the beginning. Why encourage bad behavior (if, that is what's happening here)?

It's just that I've seen it time and time again (esp. in the UFO forum) and it really bugs me when people do it.

Go ahead... prove me wrong!

[edit on 25-4-2009 by X-tal_Phusion]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by X-tal_Phusion
Why do we have to message you to see the video? Why didn't you just post it when you opened the thread?

Those who've been around ATS a while can understand why I'm so suspicious of this post here, right? The OP promises something, racks up a bunch of points as interest rises and people post responses, and then... nothing. I don't think anyone else should post in this thread until they've posted the video that was promised in the beginning. Why encourage bad behavior (if, that is what's happening here)?

It's just that I've seen it time and time again (esp. in the UFO forum) and it really bugs me when people do it.

Go ahead... prove me wrong!

[edit on 25-4-2009 by X-tal_Phusion]

So you don't want him to get points, is that what you are saying? Is there a point shortage going on?

It's not like you can actually do anything useful with the 8695 points you have.

All points are is a measure of your ATS-penis size.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join